Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" (1521 Views)

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw / Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by spearman(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2022
Asaba Man Responds On Facebook To Asaba Is Igbo Claims

Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo"

Short story: One of my earliest and most persistent memories is this - near my village, 1 kilometer from Asaba, was a camp where people lived.
Who are they I asked - “Wa bu Ndigbo” I was told. Translation: “They are Igbos”.
I was confused. Aren’t we Igbos, but I said nothing.
Another occasion I heard some commotion in the direction of the camp. Oh don’t be worried I was told. They are Igbos. Again so thought but we are igbos!

Fast forward 3 decades.
A friend of mine from Aba who married from Asaba, over a beer told me “I can’t get over Asaba people. During my native law, my wife’s people kept abusing her in the same language I spoke. They kept saying ‘so in this whole world, you couldn’t find anyone to marry but an Igbo?’”
These are true accounts.
People from my area… even the indigenes of ONITSHA (I’ve been told) consider themselves Not Igbo.
I grew up seeing my people refer to others as “Those Igbo people”.
I have just learnt that the phrase “Igbo enwere Eze” was coined by core Igbos to separate themselves from the Onitsha indigenes…
Following that logic, Asaba nwere eze .... kedụ ka ọ ga-esi bụrụ igbo?
ka anyi biri n’udo nwanne m nwoke
m zuru ikpe m

It’s not an issue to be swept under the carpet. We need to consider it seriously.

Just because everyone in America speaks English doesn’t change their ancestry (some are of German, Italian, Russian, African, Chinese ancestry...).
Ancestry can only be determined scientifically by DNA analysis. My sister discovered she has ancestors from Mali, Senega... of course!! The river Niger flows through those nations before it passes the shores of my village which sits on the West Bank of the Niger net Asaba.

Bottom line, you cannot teach a man how to write with his left hand in old age.
The real issue is why so many Igbo speaking people reject the idea they’re Igbo. (Like some Egyptians in an interview I watched - who can’t understand why they’re considered Africans at all!).
Let’s have an academic discussion why!
We may learn valuable lessons.
��‍♂️�
Good morning.

*****The heavy cannibal lines on below map indicate the limits of Igbo land and culture. All who fall outside the cannibal line are not Igbos. Plain to see.

This is a response to this mumu post

https://www.nairaland.com/7112529/origin-agbor-obi-agbor

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Mooh247: 12:39pm On May 06, 2022
cool

Attitude and Public perception is very important in determining if people want to associate with you or not

Chinese traders, Pakistani Drivers, Indian HR all know Ibos in UAE especially Dubai, unfurnately not for the right reasons

A strange thing I also noticed is that a very high population of Hausa and Northerners live in UAE and you can't even know, they live , trade and school with the Arab without any rancour

8 Likes

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by duro4chang(m): 12:43pm On May 06, 2022
Na wa oooo. I can now understand.

1 Like

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by spearman(m): 12:53pm On May 06, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Attitude and Public perception is very important in determining if people want to associate with you or not

Chinese traders, Pakistani Drivers, Indian HR all know Ibos in UAE especially Dubai, unfurnately not for the right reasons

I was working for their so call Peter Obi, not for anything other than to show goodwill and be charitable but I am starting to see this people as a real problem. They are irredeemable. That thread on Agbor flipped me completely. There is an Agbor person beside me seething with such anger and loathing for Igbos because of that silly post. The facts are clear to all but Igbos. They have become too toxic. I don't want to carry the same passport with them. I don't want to be in the same country with them.

4 Likes

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by 00FFT00(m): 12:53pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo"

Short story: One of my earliest and most persistent memories is this - near my village, 1 kilometer from Asaba, was a camp where people lived.
Who are they I asked - “Wa bu Ndigbo” I was told. Translation: “They are Igbos”.
Another occasion I heard some commotion in the direction of the camp. Oh don’t be worried I was told. They are Igbos. Again so thought but we are igbos!

Fast forward 3 decades.
A friend of mine from Aba who married from Asaba, over a beer told me “I can’t get over Asaba people. During my native law, my wife’s people kept abusing her in the same language I spoke. They kept saying ‘so in this whole world, you couldn’t find anyone to marry but an Igbo?’”
These are true accounts.
People from my area… even the indigenes of ONITSHA (I’ve been told) consider themselves Not Igbo.
I have just learnt that the phrase “Igbo enwere Eze” was coined by core Igbos to separate themselves from the Onitsha indigenes…
m zuru ikpe m

It’s not an issue to be swept under the carpet. We need to consider it seriously.

Just because everyone in America speaks English doesn’t change their ancestry (some are of German, Italian, Russian, African, Chinese ancestry...).
Ancestry can only be determined scientifically by DNA analysis. My sister discovered she has ancestors from Mali, Senega... of course!! The river Niger flows through those nations before it passes the shores of my village which sits on the West Bank of the Niger net Asaba.

The real issue is why so many Igbo speaking people reject the idea they’re Igbo. (Like some Egyptians in an interview I watched - who can’t understand why they’re considered Africans at all!).
��‍♂️�
Good morning.

*****The heavy cannibal lines on below map indicate the limits of Igbo land and culture. All who fall outside the cannibal line are not Igbos. Plain to see.

I was going to respond in the language you surely understand, but I realized I'd be responding to a low life, jealousy ravaged and inferiority complex afflicted Yoruba man masquerading under one of his numerous monikers on Nairaland.

Una go tire. Igbo kee you dere.

Lubbish sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Parachoko: 12:58pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

I was working for there so call Peter Obi, not for anything other than to show goodwill and be charitable but I am starting to see this people as a real problem. They are irredeemable. That thread on Agbor flipped me completely. There is an Agbor person beside me seething with such anger and loathing for Igbos because of that silly post. The facts are clear to all but Igbos. They have become too toxic. I don't want to carry the same passport with them. I don't want to be in the same country with them.
I don't know if is a Nairaland thing.

Nah for Nairaland I know, wey b say person wey no com from your state go dey tell you say your people are Igbo.

The day some guys on this Nairaland started saying the people of Brass and Okrika are Igbos, nah then I know say mad people full this politics section.

5 Likes

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Mooh247: 12:58pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

I was working for there so call Peter Obi, not for anything other than to show goodwill and be charitable but I am starting to see this people as a real problem. They are irredeemable. That thread on Agbor flipped me completely. There is an Agbor person beside me seething with such anger and loathing for Igbos because of that silly post. The facts are clear to all but Igbos. They have become too toxic. I don't want to carry the same passport with them. I don't want to be in the same country with them.

I just laugh when they turn everything that doesn't favour them to fight

They won't even allow you to voice out your concerns and reservations before attacking you

Many won't understand some of our stance especially me as a Yoruba man but the 2011 thread bellow is a eye opener to the double standard and hypocrisy that people hate

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

1 Like

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by EmperorHadrain: 1:00pm On May 06, 2022
Asaba people refer to igbos as : across the Niger people.

Why is it that it is igbos in Rivers and Delta that are vehemently anti Igbo?

Because they know them wella.

4 Likes

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by spearman(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2022
Mooh247:

I just laugh when they turn everything that doesn't favour them to fight

They won't even allow you to voice out your concerns and reservations before attacking you

Many won't understand some of our stance especially me as a Yoruba man but the 2011 thread bellow is a eye opener to the double standard and hypocrisy that people hate

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

This your write up is so on target. Someone shared it on a whatsapp platform and it went a little virile.

The more you assist an Ibo man the more he resents and envy you. By Mooh247 @Nairaland

As an Oyo State indegene, I am geographically closer to my cousin's in Northern State like Kwara State and Kogi than Ibo from Anambra State that lives 451.8 km accross River Niger

I can trust an Hausa man with everything I own and am very certain he won't betray or disappoint me, but unfortunately Ibos are not like that, the more you assist an Ibo man the more he resents and envy you
Herbert Mayculay a Yoruba man trained Zik in politics, Zik got political power and turned Lagos Colony to Ibo's no man's land, he even appointed an Ibo man to be chancellor of University of Ibadan built with sweat and blood of Yoruba cocoa farmers, the only opportunity he had to show love to Yorubas by supporting Action Group, he wickedly gave the power to Northerners and paid back Yorubas kindness with evil

Kaduna Nzeogwu was trained by Sir Amadu Bello his father's friend that they lived in Kaduna together, Sarduna got him into Nigerian Army, Nzeogwu organised a bloody coup claiming Sarduna and Ladoke Akintola wanted to islamise Nigeria, Nzeogwu killed Sarduna and his wife in cold blood, burnt their house and went on radio to Brag about it... Kaduna Nzeogwu killed Ladoke Akintola a Yoruba man and spared Nnamdi Azikwe a fellow Ibo man by notifying him of his plans and allowing him travel on vacation before perpetrating his crimes.... As if that was not wicked enough he made his fellow Ibo superior Aguyi Ironsi the head of state

Ojuckwu and Muritala Mohammed burnt all banks in Biafra land and stole every Money in the bank, Obafemi Awolowo took a tour of the entire Biafra region and seeing how poor they were he issued out a policy to give every Ibo person £40 pounds to start a fresh while people with Passbook and data to claim their money in other banks got their money back .... Obafemi Awolowo asked every Omoluabi to take care of Ibo people's property in Western region and return it back to themle are sending it on whatsapp platforms.

2 Likes

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by dialfa: 1:15pm On May 06, 2022
What if I tell you that
Napoleon was not French.
Hitler was not German.
Nzeogwu was not ....
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by GerogeI(m): 1:16pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

Fast forward 3 decades.
These are true accounts.
m zuru ikpe m

��‍♂️�
Good morning.

This is not Rocket Science.

Igbos were defeated in a war sponsored by a known world power, Britain. After that war, every fringe Igbo subgroups in the South and West denied being Igbo to avoid the victimisation that followed. Those in the North Nsukka area were occupied by the Federal army much earlier in the war, so they did not really fight and saw little retribution, hence saw no need to deny being Igbos.

How serious were the retribution?
1. Igbos in civil service, police, and army were disengaged and sent home. You can save your job by claiming not to be Igbo.

2. If you moved to a place like Onitsha after the war, Federal troops routinely commandeered your wife. You just come home and see some military men in your house having sex with your wife. If they even see you, they will just shoot you. This is how it is believed Obasanjo fathered Oby Ezekwesili. To avoid all this evil, you just claim not to be Igbo. Britain encouraged all such groups to deveate from being Igbo and also laid the plan for the isolation of the central Igbo region to make Igbos smaller and less powerful. So you politicians were encouraged to deny Igbo origin.

3.igbos were not controlling any funding source, hence our war torn infrastructure were dead. Our communities lacked any external help. The so called humanitarian efforts were being routed through actors in Western Nigeria who diverted them to their region. Things like Seats means for war torn schools were rerouted to schools in western Nigeria. To be saved of such, you just had the claim not to be Igbo.

It was not difficult denying being Igbo because Igbo communities even in the heartland traditionally identified themselves by their own names, and everyother neighbour they called Igbo's. But as they referred their neighbours as Igbos, they themselves were referred to by their neighbours as Igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Mooh247: 1:16pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

This your wright up is so on target. Someone shared it on a whatsapp platform and it went a little virile.

Please can you assist me with the WhatsApp platform .. thanks

1 Like

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by GerogeI(m): 1:20pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

Great, when are you going to start advocating their expulsion from Nigeria and great green passport?
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by spearman(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2022
GerogeI:

This is not Rocket Science.

Igbos were defeated in a war sponsored by a known world power, Britain. After that war, every fringe Igbo subgroups in the South and West denied being Igbo to avoid the victimisation that followed. Those in the North Nsukka area were occupied by the Federal army much earlier in the war, so they did not really fight and saw little retribution, hence saw no need to deny being Igbos.

How serious were the retribution?
1. Igbos in civil service, police, and army were disengaged and sent home. You can save your job by claiming not to be Igbo.

2. If you moved to a place like Onitsha after the war, Federal troops routinely commandeered your wife. You just come home and see some military men in your house having sex with your wife. If they even see you, they will just shoot you. This is how it is believed Obasanjo fathered Oby Ezekwesili. To avoid all this evil, you just claim not to be Igbo. Britain encouraged all such groups to deveate from being Igbo and also laid the plan for the isolation of the central Igbo region to make Igbos smaller and less powerful. So you politicians were encouraged to deny Igbo origin.

3.igbos were not controlling any funding source, hence our war torn infrastructure were dead. Our communities lacked any external help. The so called humanitarian efforts were being routed through actors in Western Nigeria who diverted them to their region. Things like Seats means for war torn schools were rerouted to schools in western Nigeria. To be saved of such, you just had the claim not to be Igbo.

It was not difficult denying being Igbo because Igbo communities even in the heartland traditionally identified themselves by their own names, and everyother neighbour they called Igbo's. But as they referred their neighbours as Igbos, they themselves were referred to by their neighbours as Igbos.

So how do you explain this map? All Niger Delta Igboid speaking are outside this map. Culture is the most powerful indicator of who you are and where you are from. To be strongly outside this cannibal map is enough proof for anthropologist to conclude these are different peoples.

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by spearman(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
Mooh247:

Please can you assist me with the WhatsApp platform .. thanks

It was posted by a member on my class platform who forwarded it from where I do not know and I too shared it to incredible responses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Mooh247: 1:35pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

It was posted by a member on my class platform who forwarded it from where I do not know and I too shared it to incredible responses.
l

Ok
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by EmperorHadrain: 1:35pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

So how do you explain this map? All Niger Delta Igboid speaking are outside this map. Culture is the most powerful indicator of who you are and where you are from. To be strongly outside this cannibal map is enough proof for anthropologist to conclude these are different peoples.

Igbo cannibalism explains Igbo barbarism.

1 Like

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by GerogeI(m): 1:38pm On May 06, 2022
spearman:

Which map, drawn by who and for what purpose. Start by telling us the origin and purpose of the map, its authenticity, the knowledge level of the author before presenting it as evidence of the origin of things that are more important than it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by system21: 1:40pm On May 06, 2022
Foolishness is when you hate some people but still want to live in the same house with them
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by spearman(m): 1:50pm On May 06, 2022
system21:
Foolishness is when you hate some people but still want to live in the same house with them
No one hates you. No one wants to live in the same house with you. Igbos don't like their home and as such have no where to go. Igbo and Fulani are NORMADS. Igbos and Fulani are too attached to One Nigeria. Igbos don't want Biafra. Yoruba Nation it is that will break up Nigeria. Soon.
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by IgbalodeRaymond: 1:50pm On May 06, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

A strange thing I also noticed is that a very high population of Hausa and Northerners live in UAE and you can't even know, they live , trade and school with the Arab without any rancour

shey you no go rest.
na you go first cry defamation.
na wa for you oo
can't you do your politics without involving any tribe?
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Mooh247: 1:53pm On May 06, 2022
IgbalodeRaymond:

shey you no go rest.
na you go first cry defamation.
na wa for you oo
can't you do your politics without involving any tribe?

This is a Family thread and the topic specifically asked about Ibos

So what should I do, keep shut because you don't like me talking about Ibos or am banned to talk about Ibo

Dude I didn't stop you or anyone from defaming me just as you can't stop me from giving my opinion on Ibos ...

Each man to the consiquences of his actions

If you violate Nairaland rules and defame anyone I will report to Seun Mynd44 and Lalasticlala

And should they reveal you identity I will gladly file charges on you for you to explain yourself in court
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by IgbalodeRaymond: 1:58pm On May 06, 2022
Mooh247:

This is a Family thread and the topic specifically asked about Ibos

So what should I do, keep shut because you don't like me talking about Ibos or am banned to talk about Ibo

Dude I didn't stop you or anyone from defaming me just as you can't stop me from giving my opinion on Ibos ...

Each man to the consiquences of his actions

If you violate Nairaland rules and defame anyone I will report to Seun Mynd44 and Lalasticlala

And should they reveal you identity I will gladly file charges on you for you to explain yourself in court
do I know you sir?
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Mooh247: 1:58pm On May 06, 2022
IgbalodeRaymond:
do I know you sir?

Then stop qouting me

Simple!!!
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by IgbalodeRaymond: 2:06pm On May 06, 2022
Mooh247:

Then stop qouting me

Simple
ok
but I love you that's why I'm talking to you kiss kiss

Nairaland is an anonymous forum and it shall remain so and people are always careful of their identity here.
nothing will be revealed cheesy
the thing is that since defamation will definitely affect someone's work and career it's better the party involved stopped it out of goodwill not because of phantom mods that can only ban and cannot stop new accounts.
it does no one good to destroy someone's career and work just because of cruise.
Nairaland is a simple site and it takes just a basic bots, few proxies to automate things here.

God bless you my friend.
together we can kill bigotry on nairaland kiss

1 Like

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by RacistProudIgbo: 2:07pm On May 06, 2022
Another bloody unity begger ranting, so your illitracy couldn't reveal to you that Asaba with it's name is an Igboland.

You animals from third world have no sense at all, sometimes I do support the call for a seperate state. You guys are lower than low animals.
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Faber(m): 4:21pm On May 06, 2022
At the brink of Xenophobia doom in South Africa. The Nigerian government abandoned her citizens.

It was Allen Onyeama of Air Peace that single handedly evacuated these ingrates above me back to Nigeria. I know op personally, he was among those that came back through Air Peace. How are they paying his benevolence back? By claiming Igbos are toxic and jealous of other tribes.

How can you be jealous of someone you are better than? Only a demented Nairaland slow poke from the Zoo says such. The Igbos created virtually everything Nigeria boasts of, since you guys relegated the Igbos from National politics how far have you guys gone

Your currency is the worst in West Africa. Ghana's Cedis is West Africa's strongest currency
Your passport, a useless 64 pages jotter one slow poke claims he don't want to share with the Igbos is at its worst. The passports of Seychelles, Ghana and Niger republic are more acceptable and valuable than the Nigerian
Green paperback jotter grin grin I throwaway my own long ago and have been using Kittitian and Nevisian passport for my travels.
Your national carrier is now relegated in the dustbins of history. You guys don't envy Ethiopian airlines, Kenyan Airways, RwandAir, Royal Air Maroc, Egypt Air, Air Mauritius, Air Seychelles etc
your refineries, industries, Power sector are all moribund only the private sector and foreign investors is helping out. The Indians, Chinese, Lebanese, South Africans remit Billions of dollars from your economy to their nations yearly, while you guys are sitting at home in the name of ASUU strike.
your government banned crypto grin grin while woke nations are seriously legalizing it, even the small CAR have adopted it as a legal tender.

Of all the shame and retrogression you guys need to fight to reposition una so called country on the litany of useful and noble nations; your preoccupation is a defenseless tribe that meant well for all of you. You guys are very very stupid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 06, 2022
Anybody wakes up type,shit here why just to feel alright undecided
Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Igbodicool(m): 8:48pm On May 06, 2022
Deny us or hate us we are marked for greatness!
Kaduna Nzeogwu from Delta State executed the "Igbo Coup" when it pleases the silly sons of the disbanded demon but Asaba is not Igbo community but south south.

PROUDLY IGBO BLOOD!

1 Like

Re: Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" by Pinklygul: 9:51pm On May 06, 2022
Just wake up one beautiful morning, come on nairaland,type any incoherent irrelevant rubbish against igbos and get your multitudes of likes and shares
Rinse and repeat
That's the only thing that keeps their deranged minds a bit sane as well as a cure for their years of insomnia

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will You Tell Your Husband? / What Is It With Mothers-In-Law and Daugthers-In-Law? / Dna Results, Seriously, Is It A Curse Or A Blessing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.