Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival (30705 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Custom Officers, Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi / More Video: Buhari Arrival At Home State Of Katsina For APC Rally / Millions Await Buhari's Arrival In Katsina State ( Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by naptu2: 5:18pm On May 06, 2022
Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi Day After Buhari’s Arrival

By Joshua Odeyemi
Fri, 06 May 2022 09:31:43 GMT

Gunmen suspected to be enforcing a two-day sit-at-home allegedly declared by yet-to-be identified dissident group in the South-East attacked Ebebe Junction in Abakaliki metropolis, Ebonyi.

The attackers, who struck around 6:20 a.m on Friday, set a vehicle ablaze while a motorcycle operator escaped death by a whisker.

Mr Anayo Chukwuemeka, a resident of the area, who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), said that the attackers fired several gunshots that got residents panicking and scampering for safety.

“It happened in a flash. But when the gunshots died down and we came out, we saw that a vehicle has been burnt beyond recognition.

“The driver of the vehicle, who managed to escape, told us that the gunmen said they are enforcing the sit-at-home declared in protest of President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to Ebonyi.

“A motorcycle operator, who also escaped the attackers’ gunshots, told us that they fired at him but he miraculously dodged the bullets,” Chukwuemeka said.

Also, Mr Simon Onwe, a shop owner in the area, told NAN that the attackers came in a vehicle without a number plate, shot sporadically in the air and immediately fled.

“I was still inside my shop because I slept there; I heard the gunshots but I discovered later that they left a vehicle burnt beyond recognition while a motorcycle operator told us that he narrowly escaped their bullets.

“It’s so unfortunate that we witnessed such an ugly incident in this area that is usually very peaceful and with business activities, especially in evening periods,” he said.

Meanwhile, a combined team of men of the Nigeria Police and the Ebubeagu Eastern Security Outfit, Ebonyi Command, have cordoned off the area.

Mrs Loveth Odah, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ebonyi command, when contacted for reaction, said that she was yet to get a report of the incident.

“I’m just getting the information from you; I’m not aware of the attack,” Odah said.

Meanwhile, an officer of the command at the scene of the incident told NAN on condition of anonymity that the police have organised a manhunt to apprehend the armed criminals.

However, the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), a separatist group agitating for the independent state of Biafra, had in a statement signed by Emma Powerful, its media and publicity coordinator, said that the group has not declared any sit-at-home in the South-East.

Buhari arrived in Ebonyi on Thursday on a two-day state visit.

The President is expected to interface with leaders and stakeholders of the zone. (NAN)

https://dailytrust.com/gunmen-set-vehicle-ablaze-in-ebonyi-day-after-buharis-arrival

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by AntiBMC(m): 5:24pm On May 06, 2022
Handiwork of imported criminal elements sponsored by unity beggars and spearheaded by the bitter, anti-IPOB deportee, oyigboupdate.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by OyigboUpdate: 5:26pm On May 06, 2022
AntiBMC:
Handiwork of imported criminal elements sponsored by unity beggars and spearheaded by the bitter, anti-IPOB deportee, oyigboupdate.

Your mates are blaiming Simon Ekpa, Asari Dokubo boys, DSS and Fulani herdsmen you're here blaiming a fellow Nairalander OyigboUpdate for the whole insecurity in the South east.

120 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by SarkinYarki: 5:26pm On May 06, 2022
These people are anti Igbo , it's only the property and lives of Igbo people they destroy.. I am so ashamed , I always thought that South East would be that last place to be plagued by terrorism in Nigeria but I was wrong

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by DenreleDave(m): 5:28pm On May 06, 2022
Okay..

Nairalanders Sir/Ma, anything you have please send me.. Aeroplane Jam Me Yesterday...
. No amount is too small

Please you can call me for confirmation... I am not a scammer pls

See picture below cry cry cry cry cry

15 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by MasterJayJay: 5:29pm On May 06, 2022

Everyone should go and sign this petition online for IPOB to be listed as a terrorist organization in many countries.

A petition for world leaders to list IPOB as a terrorist group has started.

The link is in my signature. Share it on Facebook and Twitter so many people can sign the petition. I tried to include the link in the post but Autobot swallowed it. So see the link in my signature.

End IPOB to save lives.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by Owaincouncil: 5:29pm On May 06, 2022
Weldone children of darkness. Nemesis will soon catch up with you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by Sheuns(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2022

I wonder how this will affect Buhari or the state Governor.

You are enforcing sit at home in protest of the President’s visit to your state far away from where the President is in your state. Una just Dey do mumu things in the name of spiting Buhari. These things affect the people you claim you’re fighting for.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by STEWpid(f): 5:29pm On May 06, 2022
Ha!

Recent news from the East don dey rezembu the kaind news wey we dey hear from the North about Gboko Aram that time..

Ayam sobergasted!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by Ethanuella: 5:29pm On May 06, 2022
These people have turned terrorists. Even if Biafra land is achieved, these people will definitely make it ungovernable, and even Nnamdi Kanu wouldn't be able to contain it.

The insecurity in the east has just started

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by johnkay1(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2022

Some monkey gathered money to hire assassin who will later kill the farmer who has been disturbing them in the maize farm.

The plan was successful and the farmer was eliminated but unfortunately for them no maize the following year.

It now occurred to them that the farmer they killed was the one planting the maize.

God will not allow us to bite off the fingers that feed us

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by nipsilifyi: 5:29pm On May 06, 2022
Ha
Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by Olaoluwa112(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2022
grin

one thing is very certain here, for a given no of people, there must be a good person and a bad person.

Imagine someone with an evil rooted in his mind before given gun, what do you think he will do with the guns, even if Biafra is actualised today, these people will still give them unnecessary headache.

Like they use to say, a happy family makes a happy community, when there is little trouble it will in that little way affect the peace of the whole persons in that community regardless.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by DropsMic(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2022
I remember when all this IPOB brouhaha was just demonstrations, flag waving and listening to radio Biafra.. Today everything don turn violent and it's all thanks to the black man's idiocy, lack of tact and diplomacy.

Something wey simple talk, referendum or good old ignore for solve, government send troops to go kill unarmed people now that they are speaking in the language of the typical black man – which is violence – same government wey ignore their cries and plead all these years don run go proscribe then as a terrorist group.

Spits

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by dapova: 5:30pm On May 06, 2022
cowards., channel your grievances to the your oppresors!!!

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by 50Kilometer: 5:30pm On May 06, 2022
It must be buhari and DSS grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by JoeRizzla(m): 5:30pm On May 06, 2022
Well, Not Surprised both of them na badluck
Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:30pm On May 06, 2022
Oloriburuku sets of brainwashed swines.
The ones supporting them all along here, are now receiving sense.
E go touch dem supporters one by one.... we told them.

07kjb:
How many times will u push this to front page Anu mpam
In the senseless brutal deaths and terrible crime they are perpetruating, your only concern is the moderators taking the topic to Frontpage , that you even have to call them fools?!
Dont worry, it's only a matter of time.......

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by nerorex01: 5:31pm On May 06, 2022
Why allow yourselves to be used as vices in the hands of evil plotters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by rayvelez(m): 5:31pm On May 06, 2022
Some mumu will tell us nah DSS and Fulani enforcing sit at home.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:31pm On May 06, 2022
For each and everyone that were hailing these animals and keep singing their support.
All evil crime, wickedness and deaths they have perpetrated will never depart from your households.
For the multiple innocent igbos killed , especially our relative Miracle Nwobodo.
Their blood will cry out and avenge their deaths.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by BadNews: 5:32pm On May 06, 2022
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by thoollz: 5:32pm On May 06, 2022
These gunmen are cowards. Why can't they go to Buhari's location to cause mayhem? They only destroy properties of the defenceless or kill fellow civilians like them. Is Buhari not the one you are fighting against?

Well, people hail them and support them, definitely if they're getting that support, they'll spread wings and do more.

If you don't cure a wound, it will grow and become an ugly scar even if it eventually gets healed.

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by tit(f): 5:32pm On May 06, 2022
Abba Kyari would have trap and capture this unknown gunmen.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by Creamypie(m): 5:32pm On May 06, 2022
East got what they deserved. If I be bihari, I for declare Tuesdays and Thursdays as public holiday in d east, with no movement.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by Dubs(m): 5:32pm On May 06, 2022
is it by force to visit, they don't want you Mr disappointment to visit their land, let them be naaa, kai what a govt & what a zoo.
Re: Gunmen Set Vehicle Ablaze In Ebonyi A Day After Buhari’s Arrival by callmetoniaa: 5:33pm On May 06, 2022
This country don tire me. Why can't all this unknown gun men or bandits just go to aso rock and do their shits there.. why all this gra gra on innocent people and communities.. anyway make I keep quiet, what do I knw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai Angry With Tinubu For Snubbing Him As Running Mate - Daily Independent / Gunmen Declare 10-Day Sit-At-Home In Enugu Communities, Order Markets To Shut / Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.