Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately (26760 Views)

Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock / Emefiele Must Resign Immediately If He Wants To Contest For Presidency - SERAP / 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Lexusgs430: 9:33am On May 07, 2022
lexy2014:

Does that negate the issues he raised?

He that comes to equity, must have clean hands ........

Can emefiele ask Aketi, to tackle other presidential declared ministers too ? ....?
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Zion243(m): 9:35am On May 07, 2022
DUNDEEMASTER:
So why is everybody interested in Emefiele matter.
Are they not seeing Amaechi, Osibanjo and co.
Afonja are a d remains the worst pple to associate with. They keep talking from side of there mouth. angry angry
They can backstab for Africa undecided undecided
I rather dine an Hausa and Fulani that this pple undecided undecided

Before you drown in your hatred for the Yoruba people, atleast, learn how to construct a simple and readable statement.

Or we are also responsible for your quack illiteracy?
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On May 07, 2022
Cloud007:
other countries are doing the same thing and it's working for them. Don't generalize your argument. To me, appointment of relative or outsiders do not necessarily stop corruption.

Have you ever travelled to any other working country, to have a comparison, on how things should be optimally done ?......?
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Allohrandy(m): 9:35am On May 07, 2022
LongBig:
He ought not to be told! With CBN in his pocket imagine the level of intimidation! To have a level playing ground he need to step aside.
leave him alone. Ministers, governors and VP should also resign too
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Nobody: 9:36am On May 07, 2022
See how a sane discussion has been infiltrated with tribal bigots. An average Nairalander represent all the evil in this country. Can you imagine? How does mkpurwhatever or amala whatever has to do with this conversation. You lot have a lot of self-reflection to do.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Dapson73(m): 9:36am On May 07, 2022
DUNDEEMASTER:
Afonja are a d remains the worst pple to associate with. They keep talking from side of there mouth. angry angry

Madman. Which afonja can you quote supporting the staying in the office of Amaechi and the likes.
Osibanjo can never resign his post cos the constitution doesn't say so.
If you like dine, wine, Bleep with hausa/fulani, power returns south west come 2023 Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Allohrandy(m): 9:38am On May 07, 2022
storm001:

Amechi, Ngige and co yes. But Osibanjo is a no.

Osibanjo is an elected official while the others are appointed.

Know the difference and know peace.

Meanwhile Peter Obi we know.
They should all resign weather elected or appointed.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Nobody: 9:38am On May 07, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Emefiele is different, he has direct access and information to Nigeria vault

Very soon IGP and head of military will declare for political office while holding on to their nonpartisan office, infact even INEC chairman
will declare and still refuse to resign

Be sensible for once

Thanks for the apt response.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by LongBig(m): 9:42am On May 07, 2022
Allohrandy:
leave him alone. Ministers, governors and VP should also resign too

That is how it should be, all appointed personnel should relinquish position except the vp.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by shinealight(m): 9:44am On May 07, 2022
LibertyRep:
Do you blame Emefiele?
Someone appointed him and should have cautioned him.

The buck stops on the president's table, Akeredolu should properly direct his shot.

This is getting very interesting! Now Akeredolu is afraid that Star Boy PYO (Osinbajo) may be played out by Buhari and his cohorts.
Serves him right for ganging up with Aregbesola, Fayemi, Amosun & Co. against Tinubu!
None of them will smell that Office….useless betrayers. It should go to Emefiele, Amaechi or Umahi rather than any of those Yoruba betrayers!!
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by yemmywesey(m): 9:47am On May 07, 2022
[quote author=Nonexisting post=112598085]This one Emefiele is receiving attacks from right, left and center, could it be that he is the candidate of the cabal?[/quote

He is the annointed candidates of the cabals ruled by late alhaji Isa funtua.
He is their ATM both in dollars, pounds and euro.
He is their boy, just as sanwo olu to Tinubu.
The looting spree must be continued till Nigerians get sense.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by adetayoonas(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2022
BigYash:
This is your second comment I'm reading here. Nigga stop defending shit. That dude is the CBN governor, that position is very sensitive. He should resign. The reason why you're making noise is because Nigeria is a lawless and corrupt country. Ameachi and the Vp's position you used as an example is not the same as CG. Even though those idiots ought to have resigned too. But corruption and lawlessness in the land,won't allow them. What is bad, is bad my nigga. No dey support evil..

You gave him a good response. How can ? It amazes me. Have people forgotten what CBN means. That's the custodian of the country's wealth. He also signs on each printed currency. U know how money is sensitive to politics

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Nobody: 9:57am On May 07, 2022
DUNDEEMASTER:

Then I hope Hausa and fulani knack your sisters, mother and aunties since you prefer them. Olorikori.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by aimmoney9: 10:14am On May 07, 2022
DUNDEEMASTER:
so he is the one approving the massive borrowing from Una incompetent president.

Illiteracy has really played you undecided undecided
Fool he devalued the naira 3 times under his administration...... grin grin
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:15am On May 07, 2022
DUNDEEMASTER:
This is foolishness and tribal bigotry taken too far? Are you putting those people in the same shoes as Emefiele? Let me school you abit
1. Osibanjo is an elected official not appointed so the law does not affect him.
2. It affects Amaechi who incidentally is an igbo man but you cannot compare his portfolio and that of the.CBN governor because the governor directly controls the finances and economy of the nation

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Nobody: 10:16am On May 07, 2022
Lexicon123:
Agreed. But why being silent about the Ministers declaring up and down yet refused to resign? Are their offices any less sensitive? They continue gallivanting across the country, yet don't think it's okay to resign.

There is huge difference between a political appointee, a public servant and a civil servant.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Nobody: 10:17am On May 07, 2022
Indispensable85:
Majority of Nigeria's problem has its foundation in the sheer incompetence of Buhari. The man needs help. I won't blame Emiefele as much as I would blame Buhari. Nigeria doesn't have a president obviously. I don't know anywhere in the world where this can happen.

Walahi

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by oyeb15: 10:25am On May 07, 2022
Its shocking. I now see why Nigeria economy is in coma.

Even if they buy it for u, its morally wrong for a CBN governor to accept.

Na armed robber dey manage our CBN over these years
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Rupertek: 10:33am On May 07, 2022
Has Akeredolu called for resignation of other public officials who are in the presidential race?
I had become clear that when Akeredolu was calling for power shift to the south, it was no southern solidarity as he claimed, he was simply advocating power shift to south west.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Obiworld2020: 10:39am On May 07, 2022
It's quite unfortunate that the Nigerian people inter into a political one chance in 2015 which has cost us collateral damage as a people.
The entire system has become lawless under a clueless government!!!

But I have good news for Nigerians, Mr Peter Obi will fix all this mess immediately he assumes office come may 2023!!!
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Dreamhighnow(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2022
DUNDEEMASTER:

An wa for u oo. Osinbajo didn't break any rule cos his position is elective and not by appointment
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by toyoson0(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2022
DUNDEEMASTER:

This one of the reasons Nigeria can't progress , we see everything as tribalism. To be candid a Civil servant that wants to contest in an election should resign before contesting. My thought
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by toyoson0(m): 10:45am On May 07, 2022
Dreamhighnow:

An wa for u oo. Osinbajo didn't break any rule cos his position is elective and not by appointment

Exactly
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Thomasankara(m): 10:55am On May 07, 2022
farem:
THE CBN GOVERNOR MUST DISENGAGE FORTHWITH

https://twitter.com/RotimiAkeredolu/status/1522679289262612481?t=aGsNsNljzgg-z2oMa_LP-g&s=19

We are in for a long ride in this country, maybe next will be chief of army staff declaring his own interest grin
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by newconnectng: 10:59am On May 07, 2022
This should have been done before now
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by storm001(m): 11:00am On May 07, 2022
Allohrandy:
They should all resign weather elected or appointed.

Go and amend the constitution so that elected officers will have the same fate as appointed officers.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Petshopng: 11:04am On May 07, 2022
I think resignation is the right thing for him to do
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Thebigheart: 11:15am On May 07, 2022
CBN Governor becoming a card carrying member of a political party. Nigerians, who do us this thing?

It's officially said, Nigeria is finish kpatakpata.

What a nerves.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by J2381: 11:19am On May 07, 2022
Joke taken too far my ass. Doesn't the Nigerian political elite take the masses as jokes and don't even give a damn about them? Now one of them have given them a taste of their own medicine and this human is shouting. What a nerve.
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by micko93: 11:20am On May 07, 2022
Re: Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately by Nobody: 11:46am On May 07, 2022
As long as I am concern he has not said anything publicly... I am begining to suspect some people are very much interested in his job, anyway President Buhari should please consider Madam Aisha Ahmad for the position, incase Governor Godwin Emefiele want to use style to retire before his tenure ends using politics as a decoy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

$200bn Stolen Money Stashed In Dubai —shehu Sani / Chike Edozien 96th Birthday: Okowa Greets Asagba Of Asaba Obi / We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.