Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

How Do You Dress To The Market? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Do You Dress To The Market? (24002 Views)

Ladies Can You Dress Like This In The Public? / Anjy Luminee's Dress To Bobrisky’s 30th Birthday Party Causes Stir / Ladies, Consider Yourself A Fashion Disaster If You Dress Like This To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Bodyodour: 6:44pm On May 07, 2022
I wear shorts and polo. I bargain a lot too.
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by fykes(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2022
Guys dread markets..
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by faithfull18(f): 6:46pm On May 07, 2022
With my iro and buba, like a market woman grin
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Dreadlock69(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2022
I keep my phone at home and dress like a mad person I know trust oshodi and mushing boys

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Luckygurl(f): 6:48pm On May 07, 2022
I do shorts and t shirts mostly. I have dedicated customers for different items to avoid haggling prices and wasting time.

I just wish to dash in and dash out in the shortest possible time.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by maureensylvia(f): 6:59pm On May 07, 2022
pocohantas:

- I wear shorts and oversized tee most times. I like to see my legs in the market.

- Hahahaha. It is the hailing for me. I use a lot of “Daddy” and “Mummy” on those old people. Every other day I tell one of them they look like my favourite aunty or uncle, so I was drawn to them. grin grin

- I have one bagco I have been using for months. I wash it when I get home and dry it for the next market day.

- I make a list in my phone too. I start making the list within the week. That is how I tend not to forget anything.

Lol I thought I'm the only one that makes list of things to buy cheesy my friends thinks it's weird

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Sirsunola(m): 7:04pm On May 07, 2022
Agbada most times...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by onyenatruchi: 7:05pm On May 07, 2022
This one na evening newspapers thread lipsrsealed nothing concern me here lipsrsealed I'm out of here for good lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Michella25: 7:11pm On May 07, 2022
I prefer to wear jeans and polo,
Or shorts and oversized polo..

Not forgetting to leave the house angry, so I can price with reckless abandon grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by DSC7: 7:12pm On May 07, 2022
Omo na only boxers i dey wear go market ooo

Thanks to Lagos life, everybody dey mind their business...
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Amarisco(f): 7:18pm On May 07, 2022
I dress like I’m ready for serious athletics or sport. When there is no man to help you carry bag of rice wetin woman go do wink grin

I have my list, my prices and I’m in and out - no time to check time! Seller dey do anyhow?? I keep it stepping. Not here for long talk grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Bashnigga(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2022
Agbada

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:28pm On May 07, 2022
doggedfighter:
Yeah, I dress in jeans and tops .

A heavy bargainer (covers face) grin

My family members tease me a lot about this.
My trick is to hail you customer even when I'm buying from you for the first time grin

I make lists but still buy on impulse cryI hate that I do this.

I don't buy from people I know.
I buy from specific people but have no problem switching.

I got big tote bags now since price of bagco bags went up.
You use to be an atheist those days dunno if you have changed. I been like you oo
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 07, 2022
GreatAdvice:
I wear boxers and singlet. I do all my shopping right on my phone and it is delivered to me 2hrs later. By shopping online, I limit my exposure to toxic fumes, dirty roadside puddle, police extortion and random street fight. Moreover, by shopping online, I'm creating jobs for others as well as saving the planet from global warming. I will advise everyone living in a big city to buy groceries online, it may seem expensive but exposure to cancer causing fumes is detrimental to your health.

Which online grocery store do you use? I hate going to the market, stresses me. Haven't been to the market in a while. And how do you grind your pepper? Get that online too?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by doggedfighter(f): 7:34pm On May 07, 2022
Goalnaldo:
You use to be an atheist those days dunno if you have changed. I been like you oo

grin grin grin

What will I change to ?

How are you doing out there, dearie?
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 07, 2022
Luckygurl:
I do shorts and t shirts mostly. I have dedicated customers for different items to avoid haggling prices and wasting time.

I just wish to dash in and dash out in the shortest possible time.

Same here.. without the t-shirt and shorts.
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by 66spirit(m): 7:35pm On May 07, 2022
Dear lord I always think I am alone in these. I buy enough meat anyway yet once it finish.. It is bye-bye to the food.
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by doggedfighter(f): 7:40pm On May 07, 2022
66spirit:
Dear lord I always think I am alone in these.
I buy enough meat anyway yet once it finish.. It is bye-bye to the food.

We are many. grin

Association of meat lovers grin
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by placeofallure(f): 8:00pm On May 07, 2022
I buy foodstuff from the popular Oyingbo market. The time I go depends on what I want to buy.

If I wish to restock my eja gbigbe (smoked fish) I go early in the morning like 5:30 or 6:00, you would buy in big baskets to last for 2 months. By 7 in the morning the "Depes" have disappeared cause their wares are exhausted.

For other stuff, I buy from regular customers. Infact I'm so popular that I can go to the market without Kobo and go home with stuff. For my pepper and onions, there's a particular Mallam that I buy from. His is so cheap that I wonder till tomorrow if he steals them. I blend my pepper at home. There's a shop I buy rice, beans, garri etc from. Those ones reduce the price for me, maybe #200 or #100 less than others but it's still something.

It's a challenge buying meat. For meat and fish, I change hands, no regular customers.

Many times I go to the market with hubby, I usually had heavy things to lift. Sometimes I go with my baby girl, she always marvels at my bargaining power. She says I'm wicked. I don't like to go with her though, I buy things I don't plan to buy. Impulse buying ain't good for your finances.

All the "cuttabbles,"- Okra, vegetables, meat, fish etc, I do them in the market. No time to waste time. At home, I just wanna cook.

I'm a lover of iru (locust bean) but I don't ever buy that in the market. They're not as original as the one I got sent from the village, dried and no sand particles, well-processed it can last for a year and more.

I wear shorts or tight for easy movement. I have tonnes of special, tough, market bags that I use. Bagco Super Sack is about #200 now, wey the money abeg?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by alpharoyalty: 8:03pm On May 07, 2022
pocohantas:
I dread buying meat. I think buying meat is the true test of your negotiation skills because this is where you can be ripped badly. Other items like frozen food, vegetable oil and seasoning cubes have fixed prices. Even if there is a difference, it would be N20-50.

But you see meat (beef or goat meat)? If you snooze, you would lose badly. grin

To buy meat, I make a mental calculation of how many pieces of N50/100 meat I can get from it. Just the way bukas cut their meat. Then take away another sum as a discount on bulk purchase.

Thankfully I have a butcher that does me well now and my calculation never fails when I get home to cut into my preferred size.

Yes I cut myself. Even my chicken and turkey, I cut myself. There are dedicated knives for this sha.

I detest those meat sellers. Hence, what I do is buy the full goat for instance and store it in my freezer.
For cow meat, I have co workers that I share full cow with

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Burgerlomo: 8:03pm On May 07, 2022
As masquerade of course

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by pocohantas(f): 8:03pm On May 07, 2022
doggedfighter:

We are many. grin
Association of meat lovers grin

You guys don’t freeze your food or what? Where do you find the time to eat all of them?

maureensylvia:

Lol I thought I'm the only one that makes list of things to buy cheesy my friends thinks it's weird

So what do they do? Just enter the market and start buying? cheesy
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by doggedfighter(f): 8:04pm On May 07, 2022
pocohantas:

You guys don’t freeze your food or what? Where do you find the time to eat all of them?
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by zubimete(f): 8:10pm On May 07, 2022
I have specific wears for market, especially gowns, i do make my list yet still alter or go for scale of preference. I recycle my baco bag because of buhari. I'm a moderate bargainer and i mentain nice costumer bt change the cheaters. In all i prefer hubby because dos market women dey put over jara for am.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Yuneehk(f): 8:16pm On May 07, 2022
I am not a fan of markets. But if you're not somebody who eats out, you'll go to the market.

Most of the time, I buy in really large quantities just so that I don't feel the need to go to the market everytime as I'm not a fan.

I wear either shorts and big t shirts as I like to be really comfortable or a knee length free gown. I have a foot wear for just market.

I have lots of bagco bags. Buying another just wastes my money so I've learned to never forget to take a bag while going to the market.

For list, when I notice something is almost out of stock, I write it in my note in my phone just so I don't forget. Then when the day comes, I still check to see what I can add just so I don't leave anything out as I wouldn't wanna return to the market again in a while grin

I don't have a customer. If I see what you have and it looks appealing to me, I buy. If you wear a smile, I'm drawn as well. If you don't please me, or we have issues, I'll make a mental note to not buy again from you if I'm in that market and I never forget things that easily cheesy

I don't know how to bargain. It's partly why I don't fancy markets. I'll rather buy chicken whose price is same or close amongst the sellers than stand to be pricing meat that they'll still cheat me. I go home to start counting if I had bought them for 100naira per piece, will I still arrive at that amount or have more which is benefit for buying in bulk.

Mxm, I wonder when I'll learn that skill of bargaining. I tire.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Emdebby2: 8:19pm On May 07, 2022
Market shopping.
I dress in jeans and casual top. I don't miss my list. I am a moderate bargainer. I buy from specific sellers.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by blesoh(f): 8:19pm On May 07, 2022
I bought meat today from someone I know and I'm regretting it.
I couldn't say no, like she was pointing a gun at me.
Never again, I will buy only from random people.
I love wearing shorts and top especially this rainy days, cos I don't have strength to wash my Jean.
I have several bags at home, I usually don't buy except I am not coming from home or it's an emergency shopping.
I am tired of typing embarassed
Lastly I don't accept buying meat for anybody before you start doubting me

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:23pm On May 07, 2022
doggedfighter:

grin grin grin

What will I change to ?

How are you doing out there, dearie?

I was hoping you had changed to a Christian. I'm okay. I hope you are doing well too?
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:27pm On May 07, 2022
pocohantas:

So what do they do? Just enter the market and start buying? cheesy
Poco sorry for intruding..how did you take those pictures without the women and passer-by feeling bad or something?
Was it with their permission?
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by blesoh(f): 8:28pm On May 07, 2022
doggedfighter:

See my people here grin

In my own case, I never rest until the meat in the pot finishes grin
See my group grin, I make sure I buy more meat before oga start questioning cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rita Dominic's Outfit To The Lagos Fashion Week / Ladies: Can You Attend Events Without Makeup? / My Business Is Sinking. Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.