Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

How Do You Dress To The Market? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Do You Dress To The Market? (23945 Views)

Ladies Can You Dress Like This In The Public? / Anjy Luminee's Dress To Bobrisky’s 30th Birthday Party Causes Stir / Ladies, Consider Yourself A Fashion Disaster If You Dress Like This To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by pocohantas(f): 7:26pm On May 08, 2022
Sterope:
Their attitude is a special type of madness

Lmao! Sometimes I am even scared of bargaining, make she no pour me efo wey she dey chop. grin grin
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by armyofone(m): 7:27pm On May 08, 2022
pocohantas:

I noticed they are usually impatient, borderline rude and dismissive. Many would just sit, you pick the item yourself, they pass you nylon, you tie it yourself. Unconsciously I am beginning to avoid buying things from them.

I tell you! Best to have jeans on. Easy to just turn and walk away. But not different from the next store you go. You go bargain till your voice is hoarse. I just sit and watch. When insults start, I tell my sis or mom, time to leave grin
That was some years ago. Not sure if it is different now.
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by pocohantas(f): 7:29pm On May 08, 2022
armyofone:

I tell you! Best to have jeans on. Easy to just turn and walk away. But not different from the next store you go. You go bargain till your voice is hoarse. I just sit and watch. When insults start, I tell my sis or mom, time to leave grin
That was some years ago. Not sure if it is different now.

Somethings don’t change. It is still the same, maybe worse. Nigeria is now very hard. Everyday you go to the market, prices have changes. These days their aggressions seems understandable. cheesy
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by armyofone(m): 7:31pm On May 08, 2022
Sterope:
Their attitude is a special type of madness

I think it is stress induced - phew! grin

All types of curses grin
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by armyofone(m): 7:37pm On May 08, 2022
pocohantas:

Somethings don’t change. It is still the same, maybe worse. Nigeria is now very hard. Everyday you go to the market, prices have changes. These days their aggressions seems understandable. cheesy

There should be ways to trade without hurling curses on buyers grin

Oloshi, ko ni daara fun e shocked and many more just for pricing grin
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by zubimete(f): 10:35pm On May 08, 2022
JBoss25:
snap let me see ur pictures
no boss i do look a typical niaja woman, funny you
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by 1F30M4(f): 7:17pm On May 10, 2022
So how do you dress for the market?
- A pair of trousers and a loose fitted top orrr anything comfy smiley

Do you buy a bagco bag every market day or do you have one that you recycle?
- I have like 4, I just pick one anytime I'm off to the market. Wash, hang upside down to dry, fold and set aside.

Do you make a list?
- Within the week, I make a mental note about items we ran out of already or running low on. Keep track of 'em daily on my phone, to compile proper on Saturday before going to the market.

Do you buy from specific people or just anyone?
- I buy from specific people. Once they see me, they know what I want so they start putting everything together. I'm collecting my goods with my right hand and at the same time moving money from same hand to the vendor's. Sometimes, I also buy from just anyone, as the spirit leads anyway wink

Are you a moderate or heavy bargainer? Or you are the elite customer that never negotiates? grin
- To avoid insults and getting that "bad eye", I bargain moderately but then I don't really have time for all that back and forth. If I see that you're deliberately ignoring me or being unreasonable, I move away really fast, never turning back.

What are your tricks for getting reasonable bargains or you don’t care?
- I switch to pidgin sharp sharp or the vendor's native language(if I'm able to deduce that and ofcourse if I can speak) grin grin Hailing them "customer customer", "ore mi, bawo ni, mo n bo oo", "customer toh sure ju", "my very good customer", "shebi yunno say na you be my number 1, after you na still you" cheesy All na whining, any day wey see finish enter, naim be say everybody go dey im own lane.
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by doggedfighter(f): 10:16pm On May 12, 2022
pocohantas:
Weird topic I know. Today is Saturday, the usual Nigerian shopping day for restocking our groceries and what have you. I saw someone asking on Instagram and it occurred to me that inadvertently I have market clothes and slippers.

Pocohantas, am I eligible to pm you for Upwork stuff? smiley
Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by pocohantas(f): 8:10am On May 13, 2022
doggedfighter:

Pocohantas, am I eligible to pm you for Upwork stuff? smiley

Good morning,

Yes, if you have read the note, set up your account, identified your niche…etc.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dress To The Market? by ArcToyin(m): 10:24am On May 16, 2022
Tallesty1:
No matter how much meat I buy, it will always finish before the food/soup.

Any trip to the kitchen means eat one meat.

Thank God I am not the only one on this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Opening Of The Lagos Fashion Week 2018 (Photos) / Tonto Dikeh's Stunning Blonde New Look For 'its Ova' Video / Spot The Differences Between Fake And Original Irish Spring Bar Soap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.