Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Tips On Dropping Out Of School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tips On Dropping Out Of School (171 Views)

Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. / Man Becomes A Roadside Food Seller After Dropping Out From London / Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips On Dropping Out Of School by Ibomrep(m): 12:31pm On May 07, 2022
Why some drop out

(1). Academic struggle

In some cases losing the battle against failing grades.

(2). Apathy

Some sees no value in what they are learning.

(3). Economic hardship

Some due to responsibilities, they see the need to work to help support their family.

Count The Cost

'The shrewd one ponders each step'. Proverbs 14:15

If you are considering dropping out of school, be sure to count the cost.

Ask yourself;

1. How will dropping out affect future job opportunity?

Think about having to get a job and then possibly providing for the family one day. How can you do if most employers require at least a high school certificate?

2. How will dropping out affect my ability to deal with hardship?

School prepares you for life in the future, the people you meet, the temptation you encounter and the work you do will be similar to what you faced in school.

3. How will dropping out affect my life skills?

School may seem impractical now but later you think, "I'm glad I paid attention in mathematics" for example.

A Better Approach
1. Get help

'There is many success through many adviser'. Proverbs 11:14

If your grades are slipping reach out to a parent, a teacher, a counselor,a guidance or another trusted adult for tips on how to improve

2. Look at bigger picture

'Better is the end of a matter than its beginning' Ecclesiastes 7:8

When you finish school, you will have acquired qualities and skills that goes beyond the subject you were taught e.g the way you handled stress at school prepares you for the challenges you will face when you graduate.

Consider your Options

' All who are hasty surely heads for poverty' Proverbs 21:5.

Don't be quick to decide that dropping out is the only choice.

Conclusion
Finish school and you will be prepared for the responsibilities of adulthood.

You may asked;
How can I succeed in school?
How can I finished my homework?
How can I get along with my teacher?
What if am failing at school?

Get satisfying answers to these and many more on www.jw.org

(1) (Reply)

Earn Free 1000naira New May 2022 / Truly, ICAN Exam Takes A Chunk Of Your Physical And Mental Energies... / English Linguicism And Language Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.