Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release (12956 Views)

Sit-at-home: Amechi Threatens To Quit Negotiation For Kanu’s Release / Boko Haram Leadership Crisis Stalling Negotiation For Chibok Girls’ Release- PMB / APC Accuses Ohanaeze Of Sabotaging Buhari’s Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Loveurneighbour: 1:02pm On May 07, 2022
Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State has accused the Igbo socio-cultural body, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, of delaying discussions with the Federal Government over Nnamdi Kanu’s release.

The governor made the claim on Friday when he featured on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

“We wished that it should be solved and that’s why I went to Mr President. And our leader, Chief Mbazuluike Amaechi, has also gone to the President and he agreed for a political solution, but it should be us that should initiate it,” he said on Friday.

“And I am asking Ambassador Obiozor (Ohanaeze President), he is very slow about this because I had gone to the DG DSS. I had gone to the Attorney-General of the Federation and they were ready to receive them to discuss. I had excluded myself so that politics is not by any means adduced to it.”

“So, we should be encouraging the president of Ohanaeze to work with the IPOB leader as Mr President suggested and then let them, you know, bring something before the Federal Government and say, ‘These are what we are bringing on board.’ I think that the President is not averse to that,” the government added.

The governor, who said he foresaw the growing insecurity in the South East, reiterated that that was why his government opposed the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) from the onset.

He, however, said many people misunderstood him and “jumped into and used it for politics”. Umahi lamented that the situation is now “a pain in everybody’s eye” in the region.

Buhari’s ‘Worry’

President Buhari flanked by Governor Umahi during the inauguration of the project.

Umahi’s comment followed President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to the state where the Nigerian leader commissioned several projects.

During the visit, leaders of the South East region pleaded with the Nigerian leader for the release of Kanu who has been in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS).

But Buhari told the Ebonyi State Stakeholders’ Forum at the Government House in Abakaliki on Friday, that only the court can decide the IPOB leader’s fate.

“I have listened carefully to the various appeals from the elders to the traditional leaders, regarding a wide range of options,” he said. “And as I have said previously, this matter remains in the full purview of the court where it will be properly adjudicated.

“My worry is for our hardworking and innocent civilians for whom life is already tough and will like to just go out and earn a decent and honest living.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/05/07/umahi-accuses-ohanaeze-of-delaying-negotiation-for-nnamdi-kanus-release/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by AfonjaEmir: 1:11pm On May 07, 2022
These Foolz think we are Foolz like their bottom feeding Personnel Assistants. (PA's)

This useless Person initiated Ebubeagu, that killed IGBO youths randomly with active connivance of the fulani backed Military vastards!!

THE VASTARD that championed calling IPOB terrorists??...See this life ohhh!!

Now the Guy is talking OHANEZE as if he didnt queue up behind the Present OHANEZE HEAD!!...during elections.

Anyway its his prerogative to be foolish...What i know is that OHANEZE/UMAHI...and the other useless Political class will understand the message as time evolves.

Afonja miscreants and Kogi state vastards of BMC stock...isnt it surprising that even the Governor and even Wike...are angling towards IPOB??...Una propaganda has failed....and as such you guyz must mental!!

NO TIME TO HIBERNATE FOOLISH STATEMENTS AND GRANDSTANDING....WE KNOW OUR ENEMIES!!

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Menance: 1:22pm On May 07, 2022
Na only talk talk those ones know. Just like afenifere

1 Like

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by successmatters(m): 1:24pm On May 07, 2022
Shame on Umahi, is it Ohaneze that should go and negotiate an innocent person release or the rule of law if Nigeria is a country.

Umahi should address the root cause of what Nnamdi kanu was fighting for, he should be more concerned about injustice in the South east where he's the chairman of the governors forum.

Umahi has failed for his alliance with a known evil leader like buharri.

Igboland cannot bow to a small puppet like DSS direcror or the illegal attorney General.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by mrvitalis(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2022
Them done promise umiah VP ..he is talking too much now

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by ogbuefi677(m): 1:37pm On May 07, 2022
Anything Umahi says on this is 99% likely to be a lie.
Dude is super unscrupulous,dishonest and never a man of his words.
When he started having problems wt his fellow PDP crooks he claimed Anyim Pius,Sam Egwu etc were behind unknown gunmen

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by PussyKing(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2022
No to Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Zchi1052(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2022
Always looking for who to blame

Anyways he's kinda right cos they have turned it to politics
Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Worldlegend(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2022
That man I definitely the bait for negotiation come 2023

He will be shilaxing there until election month
Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by EasternVoice(m): 6:12pm On May 07, 2022
Nnamdi 'Mugu Oluku' Kanu is not coming out.

He'll rot in jail for all the killings, destructions and atrocities he has committed in Igbo land.
Death also to all his supporters!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by RichDad1(m): 6:13pm On May 07, 2022
Umahi and those thst think like him should get this straight. Kanu cannot be released unless he faced the trial and prove his case.
So they should rest and let his lawyers do their jobs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by blinking001(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2022
Nnamdi Kanu is not a freedom fighter for he has committed treason against the Nigerian State. He must be made to face the full wrath of the law.
My condolences to ipobian Republicans, your messiah will and must surely be comprehensively dealt with by the Nigeria state.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Golan007: 6:14pm On May 07, 2022
Kanu would be killed.

50 Likes

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by tit(f): 6:14pm On May 07, 2022
PussyKing:
No to Tinubu

Yes to tinubu
Umahi is a liar

1 Like

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Seniorwriter(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2022
Laughable....how do you negotiate with a government that can kill peaceful endsars protesters....SMH

@Seniorwriter

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:17pm On May 07, 2022
AfonjaEmir:
These Foolz think we are Foolz like their bottom feeding Personnel Assistants. (PA's)

This useless Person initiated Ebubeagu, that killed IGBO youths randomly with active connivance of the fulani backed Military vastards!!

Now the Guy is talking OHANEZE as if he didnt queue up behind the Present OHANEZE HEAD!!...during elections.

Anyway its his prerogative to be foolish...What i know is that OHANEZE/UMAHI...and the other useless Political class will understand the message as time evolves.

Afonja miscreants and Kogi state vastards of BMC stock...isnt it surprising that even the Governor and even Wike...are angling towards IPOB??...Una propaganda has failed....and as such you guyz must mental!!

NO TIME TO HIBERNATE FOOLISH STATEMENTS AND GRANDSTANDING....WE KNOW OUR ENEMIES!!

Typical Ipob insult and blame other people apart from themselves.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Igbodicool(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2022
IPOB, Igbo, Biafra...
Nigeria's nightmare.

Nnamdi Kanu is never alone!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:20pm On May 07, 2022
Golan007:
Kanu would be killed.
You are the one that should be killed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by successmatters(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2022
RichDad1:
Umahi and those thst think like him should get this straight. Kanu cannot be released unless he faced the trial and prove his case.
So they should rest and let his lawyers do their jobs.

When the federal government are running from The Lion of Biafra?

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by contigiency(m): 6:23pm On May 07, 2022
AfonjaEmir:

Stupid talk. Has anyone killed Igbo youths more than you and your useless IPOB terrorists?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by bigdammyj: 6:24pm On May 07, 2022
Noted
Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Coldie(m): 6:26pm On May 07, 2022
The political situation is to sacrifice Igbo presidency for his sake
Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Afonjakid: 6:30pm On May 07, 2022
AfonjaEmir:

Your own is to curse.. nothing else is your brain..you curse and insult everyone just like your leader MNK . If I'm buhari,I won't even release the lunatic till he dies there.. Ndi mgbu

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Chibuzoc(m): 6:33pm On May 07, 2022
In IPOB we trust

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by richeeyo(m): 6:33pm On May 07, 2022
successmatters:
Shame on Umahi, is it Ohaneze that should go and negotiate an innocent person release or the rule of law if Nigeria is a country.

Umahi should address the root cause of what Nnamdi kanu was fighting for, he should be more concerned about injustice in the South east where he's the chairman of the governors forum.

Umahi has failed for his alliance with a known evil leader like buharri.

Igboland cannot bow to a small puppet like DSS direcror or the illegal attorney General.

Why are igbos so dishonest to themselves
When Kanu was always ranting on Radio
Saying any soldier, DSS, police in the east should be killed. Your so called elders kept mute
Its better you people find a more diplomatic leader not this little chicken cartels.
I don't think you people have put into consideration
That igbos would be rejected
Foum South once you have your Biafra
Out of every 100 igbos
99 of them has a relative in Lagos
Out of a 1000 Yorubas
Its unlikely you get 10 people
With a relative in the East.
You people hate other tribes in your land
Yet you are been welcomed in others land
Their is no monopoly of business in this modern age of technology
I can sit in my room and order a savaged car from Canada for parts harvest only
Ur spare part business would not be felt once you been shown the exit door from other part of Nigeria home.
Then and then only would your people see they dustroyed the east with lies
Like onitcha market back in the days
When igbos sell goods to you
And robb you traveling out of the east

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by Afonjakid: 6:38pm On May 07, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Typical Ipob insult and blame other people apart from themselves.
That's what you become when you listen to MNK and thats how they will be insulting their parents at home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Accuses Ohanaeze Of Delaying Negotiation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release by olatuns2017: 6:40pm On May 07, 2022

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Is Power Supply In Your Area? / Gov Suswam Vs Prof Saror & Prof Ugba (updates) / BRT Bus Crushes Biker & Burns At Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.