Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,687 members, 7,834,277 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated (580 Views)

My Mom Is A Tribalist / 5 Most Tribalist State In Nigeria / Tribalist Test, Take This Test And Know If You Are A Tribalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Ayietim(m): 2:52pm On May 07, 2022
They are not part of us’’ attitude is ingrained in most of us. We prejudge others before we meet them and interact with them. In most cases, negative stereotypes stop us from getting to know people whose comtent could contribute positively to our lives. Then we lose.

How do you stop prejudices from closing doors of opportunity against you?

Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilised by education: they grow there, firm as weeds among stones. – Charlotte Bronte.

Prejudices could be eradicated by education. That education starts by answering the following questions objectively:

What am I being asked to believe or accept?
It’s never late to challenge most of the things you’ve believed and accepted without proofs. Have you ever stopped and considered the possibility that you may have unjustly hurt some people in the past by judging them on false standards?

Wouldn’t you want to make amends by ensuring that in future everyone you meet is given a fair chance before they’re judged?

2. What evidence is available to support the assertion?

What you’ve accepted without evidence can also be rejected without evidence.

Christopher Hitchens gave this advice in more beautiful words,

“What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.”

So where you don’t have a piece of evidence to support an assertion, dismiss it. There’re no truer piece of evidence than experiencing people’s actions first hand .

When an opinion about others sounds too extraordinarily different from how you know regular human beings behave, ask for extraordinary evidence.

After all,

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” – Carl Sagan.

3. Are there alternative ways of interpreting the evidence?

When you reject a stereotype and give yourself the permission to assess people independently and objectively, ask yourself if there’re alternative ways to interpret the evidence you have.

Try to understand how places of birth, cultures, thoughts and moments cause people to react differently to the same situation.

It’s therefore important to assess alternative ways of interpreting a piece of evidence before reaching a conclusion.

4. What additional evidence would help to evaluate the alternatives

Before you reach a conclusion, seek additional evidence. This may mean creating another environment to have a second chance to look at things from different perspectives. This second chance may present different evidence.

5. What conclusions are most reasonable?

The conclusion reached must be the most reasonable. It must a conclusion that would give you the opportunity to assess people most objectively and most independently.

Finally, there is always an exception and so, treat and assess everyone on the basis of personal interaction. And,

Never judge others…unexpected events can change who a person is. Always keep that in mind. You never know what someone else is experiencing within their own life – Colleen Hoover.

https://ayietim.com/2022/05/07/5-simple-ways-to-overcome-ingrained-prejudice/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by immortalcrown(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2022
The truth about this is too bitter here.
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Coly2012(m): 3:04pm On May 07, 2022
God bless you for this post op.
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Ayietim(m): 3:05pm On May 07, 2022
Coly2012:
Good bless you for this post op.

Thank you. God bless you too.
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Legendforte: 3:05pm On May 07, 2022
Weldone @ OP Nice piece. FP worthy
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Coly2012(m): 3:10pm On May 07, 2022
This post should be in front page with immediate effect

1 Like

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Ayietim(m): 3:13pm On May 07, 2022
Legendforte:
Weldone @ OP
Nice piece. FP worthy

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by maestroferddi: 3:16pm On May 07, 2022
Free Africans from the scourge of tribalism and see them compete with the West.

The stranglehold of tribalism is so pervasive that it permeates all spheres even religion.

A man can display all the virtues there can be in Christianity but the devil will probably beat him in the matter of fairness and equity...

First, he wants all for himself and family;

Whatever remains should be for his cronies and kinsmen.

The rest of humanity can burn to ashes...he would not care.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Sergio104(m): 3:18pm On May 07, 2022
Very nice.

Say no to tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by helinues: 3:27pm On May 07, 2022
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Tinubuadvocate: 3:29pm On May 07, 2022
Who is talking this topic have a lot to do with your activities on this forum.
Sergio104:
Very nice.

Say no to tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Proudlyomonna: 3:44pm On May 07, 2022
They are the most insensitive people to deal with,they make zero case for a debatable reasoning,but blablabla and more blablabla.
I can see their members on this thread already so expect the usual senseless tribal gbasgbos anytime soon ��
Ndi dika Tinubuadvocate, Sergio104, Helinus don reach here already,so this thread is bound to be polluted with the only passion this individuals have, which is ofcus senseless tribal gbasgbos ��.
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Trimjos: 4:04pm On May 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate is a typical example of a tribalist that is not educated at all

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by 1875m: 7:16am On May 08, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Nice one
[/s]
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by 1875m: 7:16am On May 08, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Who is talking this topic have a lot to do with your activities on this forum.
[/s]
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Superwave16320: 7:59am On May 08, 2022
Coming from an Igbo whose life is riddled with chronic bigotry n irredeemable hatred for others ?! Just ask yourself why igbos hate Awolowo MKO Tinubu Osibanjo Fashola Aregbe n ask if Yorubas hate Azikwe Ekwueme Mbadinuju Nwobodo etc to know the tribe nurtured with hate bigotry and foolishness from the womb.

Sergio104:
Very nice.

Say no to tribalism.
Trimjos:
Tinubuadvocate is a typical example of a tribalist that is not educated at all

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Superwave16320: 8:22am On May 08, 2022
This fool right here is an example of dead brain OP wrote about.

Without recourse to any prove or fact he already labelled Yorubas as hypocrites, Hausa as evil but praised Igbos as being competitive. That is why even if an Igbo is educated to the level of PhD their miserable lives will till eternity be riddled with irredeemable bigotry n chronic hate for all that is superior to them.

This is why Igbos hate Awo instead of Azikwe who is a gross failure. Just compare Awo's achievement in education n other sector.

Same reason igbos hate Soyinka for winning the Nobel laureal compare the hate Chinua Achebe ruined the later part of his pathetic life with. A path Chiamanda Adieche is presently threading.

Can any one example why a philanthropist like MKO Abiola is hated by this same igbos ? No level of education can help or save what they were nurtured from the womb with. This is why they celebrate Kanu, insult Buhari Tinubu etcc while they celebrate criminals like Clifford Orji Theodore Orji Ikpeazu Kalu Orji Ugwuayi eyc

immortalcrown:
I laugh.

If you are observant and you have Yoruba people as schoolmates or colleagues, you will notice most of them are two-edged swords. Most of them never have a stand on a crucial matter. If they witness a fight between two persons, they will not publicly say who is guilty but they will judge the case in private. Out of every 10 Yoruba persons, less than 4 will public take a stand on a serious issue. The rest will keep quiet in public and voice out their opinions in private. They do it to everybody (both fellow Yoruba persons and people from other tribes). Take note of my use of "Most" here. Not all of them are cowards or hypocrites.

If you are observant and you have Igbo people as schoolmates or colleagues, you will notice most of them are very competitive and not tolerant. Mess up around them, they will shun you not minding the environment and how your reputation will be affected. If they see the result of what you have spent years doing, they will want to overtake you in that thing before the next day. They do it to everybody (both insiders and outsiders). Take note of my use of "Most" here.

What about Hausa people as colleagues or schoolmates? Most of them are publicly docile. But the evil they mastermind in secret shocks even the satan. Take note, I said "Most", not "all".

What about middle-belt colleagues or schoolmates? Most of them have the problem of inferiority complex. Most of them are reluctant to tell where they come from. I said "most", not "all".

NOTE: This is my personal observation. I have not gone to every part of the world. Therefore, my observation result may contradict the objective reality.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by SHINJA: 8:31am On May 08, 2022
SAY NO TO TRIBALISM

Count me out..

Esp people from the cannibal region..
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Bravetunde: 9:49am On May 08, 2022
SHINJA:
SAY NO TO TRIBALISM

Count me out..

Esp people from the cannibal region..
I thought you will bring your usual God bless ss and our slavvves the sw.
If our slavves mess up we will give them the akwaibom treatment.
Weakk, streghnles coworddds
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by itaewon: 10:08am On May 08, 2022
immortalcrown:
I laugh.

No tribe is totally good or bad. Every tribe has good and bad people.

But in my observation, education cannot cure prejudice, at least in Nigeria. Even in western countries with higher levels of illiteracy, prejudice dominates. One ideology or the other must predominate a tribe irrespective of the tribe's level of education. Among people of that tribe who do not manifest the tribe's dominant ideology (traits), most of them are born and raised outside the tribe. As long as the world rejects same standards for morals and ethics, education cannot end prejudice. As a matter of fact, there are educated people who are guilty of prejudice and there are illiterates who are not guilty of prejudice. So, how is education the solution?

If you are observant and you have Yoruba people as schoolmates or colleagues, you will notice most of them are two-edged swords. Most of them never have a stand on a crucial matter. If they witness a fight between two persons, they will not publicly say who is guilty but they will judge the case in private. Out of every 10 Yoruba persons, less than 4 will public take a stand on a serious issue. The rest will keep quiet in public and voice out their opinions in private. They do it to everybody (both fellow Yoruba persons and people from other tribes). Take note of my use of "Most" here. Not all of them are cowards or hypocrites.

If you are observant and you have Igbo people as schoolmates or colleagues, you will notice most of them are very competitive and not tolerant. Mess up around them, they will shun you not minding the environment and how your reputation will be affected. If they see the result of what you have spent years doing, they will want to overtake you in that thing before the next day. They do it to everybody (both insiders and outsiders). Take note of my use of "Most" here.

What about Hausa people as colleagues or schoolmates? Most of them are publicly docile. But the evil they mastermind in secret shocks even the satan. Take note, I said "Most", not "all".

What about middle-belt colleagues or schoolmates? Most of them have the problem of inferiority complex. Most of them are reluctant to tell where they come from. I said "most", not "all".

NOTE: This is my personal observation. I have not gone to every part of the world. Therefore, my observation result may contradict the objective reality.
sentimental mumu, competition my foot!
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by Nobody: 10:36am On May 08, 2022
This is the most ignorant article i have ever read.

Human beings are tribalists

Bird of the same feather flock together.

As long as we have different languages, different tribes, cultures, traditions, way of dressing, different foods, people will continue to be tribalist.

There is what we call group or tribal survival, this is very important for the defense of a tribe, against genocide and against hunger.

There is a reason why we are different culturally in terms of language face cutting, food, traditions and religion
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by dialfa: 10:38am On May 08, 2022
One nigeria is a lie.
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by ndo2: 12:20pm On May 08, 2022
Yoruba are tribalistic because they are coward.ask anybody in niggeria who has worked in a place where diferent tribes exist.they are good in secret scheming.Chameleon bastards who gossip a lot,both men and women
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by ndo2: 12:23pm On May 08, 2022
[quote author=immortalcrown post=112607850]I laugh.

No tribe is totally good or bad. Every tribe has good and bad people.

But in my observation, education cannot cure prejudice, at least in Nigeria. Even in western countries with higher levels of illiteracy, prejudice dominates. One ideology or the other must predominate a tribe irrespective of the tribe's level of education. Among people of that tribe who do not manifest the tribe's dominant ideology (traits), most of them are born and raised outside the tribe. As long as the world rejects same standards for morals and ethics, education cannot end prejudice. As a matter of fact, there are educated people who are guilty of prejudice and there are illiterates who are not guilty of prejudice. So, how is education the solution?

If you are observant and you have Yoruba people as schoolmates or colleagues, you will notice most of them are two-edged swords. Most of them never have a stand on a crucial matter. If they witness a fight between two persons, th
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by 1875shaka: 6:54am On May 09, 2022
[s]
thebosstrevor1:
This is the most ignorant article i have ever read.

Human beings are tribalists

Bird of the same feather flock together.

As long as we have different languages, different tribes, cultures, traditions, way of dressing, different foods, people will continue to be tribalist.

There is what we call group or tribal survival, this is very important for the defense of a tribe, against genocide and against hunger.

There is a reason why we are different culturally in terms of language face cutting, food, traditions and religion
[/s]
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by OBALOLA55(m): 7:45am On May 09, 2022
ARE YOU SAYING THAT SEUNMSG IS NOT WELL EDUCATED
Re: Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated by orisa37: 8:25am On May 09, 2022
COOOOORECT.

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Terrorist And Their Supporters Will Never Know Peace / Emefiele: A Corrupt, Inept, Heart-attack-loving Presidential Wannabe- Kperogi / Why Did Igbos Kill Regional Heads Before Declaring Unitary Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.