Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

My Mom Is A Tribalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Mom Is A Tribalist (3231 Views)

My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church / 5 Most Tribalist State In Nigeria / Tribalist Test, Take This Test And Know If You Are A Tribalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Is A Tribalist by VandalSavage(m): 7:55am On Sep 27, 2022
Recently I have made a shocking Discovery

I always taught foolish tribal bigots only exist on nairaland and can't carry their madness to the real world, but now I realise that my own mother is also a tribalist

Story time

I'm from a pure Yoruba home,we were formally Muslim but my mom and sister converted to Christianity

recently I came back home to visit my sister in Abuja and I stayed at my mum's place, my mom has a housing properly that's a bit modern

During my visit one of her agent brought someone that is interested in renting an flat my mom discussed with them the pricing and every nothing strange yet,but when they left she said she won't be given them the house cause they were igbos

Shocked by that statement I asked why, cause the person interested in the house looked very responsible and he spoke respectfully

She said she isn't taking any more igbos into her house that she already has two in the house and they're giving her a very hard time

She said the first is an igbo family of 7,of the 5 children 2 are into Yahoo one smokes weed and one of them is very violent always fighting with neighbors

The other igbo tenant she said can't mind he's business always bothering others and is a drunkard

I told her that is not a good reason to not give the house to other igbos cuz of the behaviour of those,but she didn't listen,she said if she allow a

I've also noticed she never have anything good to say about igbos, always following the stereotype that igbos love money

I don't know if this recently started or maybe I've just never noticed it,it's shocking cause she's not even into politics like that

And btw she hates tinubu so we can't say it's because of election

Does anyone here have any experience with a tribalist family members,your advice is needed

(WARNING:I'm a certified comrade if any tribal fool find their way to this trend looking for attention your parents didn't give you, you'll be dealt with accordingly angry)

Thanks you all for you opinions and contribution, indeed I've learnt something today,I see a lot of people call me names and some even calling be igbo grin, I've read all comments and learnt one or two things from it...but let's let love lead abeg

#saynototribalism

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by God1000(m): 7:57am On Sep 27, 2022
Too bad, tribalism is ingrained in so many of our people.

But I'm happy you are different from your mum, you are a good guy, keep it up

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by TinubuThief: 7:59am On Sep 27, 2022
Tell her that next year, Obi is going to be her president.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Dapson73(m): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2022
Your mom is the best you can have.

Those igbos hate Yoruba for no just cause.

Your mom deserves an award.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by HopeSpencer: 8:01am On Sep 27, 2022
VandalSavage:

I always taught foolish tribal bigots only exist on nairaland and can't carry their madness to the real world, but now I realise that my own mother is also a tribalist

Story time

I'm from a pure Yoruba home,we were formally Muslim but my mom and sister converted to Christianity

recently I came back home to visit my sister in Abuja and I stayed at my mum's place, my mom has a housing properly that's a bit modern

During my visit one of her agent brought someone that is interested in renting an flat my mom discussed with them the pricing and every nothing strange yet,but when they left she said she won't be given them the house cause they were igbos

Shocked by that statement I asked why, cause the person interested in the house looked very responsible and he spoke respectfully

She said she isn't taking any more igbos into her house that she already has two in the house and they're giving her a very hard time

She said the first is an igbo family of 7,of the 5 children 2 are into Yahoo one smokes weed and one of them is very violent always fighting with neighbors

The other igbo tenant she said can't mind he's business always bothering others and is a drunkard

I told her that is not a good reason to not give the house to other igbos cuz of the behaviour of those,but she didn't listen,she said if she allow a

I've also noticed she never have anything good to say about igbos, always following the stereotype that igbos love money

I don't know if this recently started or maybe I've just never noticed it,it's shocking cause she's not even into politics like that

Does anyone here have any experience with a tribalist family members,your advice is needed

(WARNING:I'm a certified comrade if any tribal fool find their way to this trend looking for attention your parents didn't give you, you'll be dealt with accordingly angry)

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by frank14011991(m): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2022
It's not about being tribalistic, she is only acting base on experience

34 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by temitope27(m): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2022
Ur mum is right on that, this are the people the people that will still come on social media that develop south west, whereas they are on the street smoking weed and destroying our land

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by PandoraObi: 8:03am On Sep 27, 2022
bb

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by plaindealer: 8:05am On Sep 27, 2022
grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by scholes0(m): 8:06am On Sep 27, 2022
Your mum doesn't look tribalist to me.

She is just weary and has learnt from more than 1 bad experience.
seems more to me like you are the 'kid' here who still has a lot to learn ... Hopefully in future you leave your mother's place, work hard and can have your own properties.. then you'll understand wink

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Timoleon(m): 8:08am On Sep 27, 2022
How is she a tribalist when she already offered her property to two Igbo families? Try another angle.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by plaindealer: 8:09am On Sep 27, 2022
Igbos don overuse this tribal and bigoted storyline m even obi Pandora used the same bigoted and ethnic storyline with his WhatsApp message rubbish..

Even God can not separate Igbos from likes, fake, fraud and deception..

grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Slynation(m): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2022
That's her problems tho...

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by RenaissanceGuy: 8:12am On Sep 27, 2022
Actually that's not a case of tribalism. She was acting from a personal experience that she's still dealing with. I have an Igbo in-law and I'm proud to say that he's one of the most sensible and gentlemanly persons that exist on Earth. Her only crime is that she's voicing out. Some other people might just decide to keep it private and still act the same way she's acting.

The stark reality is that there are behaviours that are particular to every tribe, though it doesn't mean that every single person from that tribe would exhibit that behaviour.

15 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by everythinggirly(f): 8:13am On Sep 27, 2022
For tham to act that way is very indecent, but apart from that I don't see any offence by accepting any tenant that would not give you headache whether igbo or not.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by phorget(m): 8:14am On Sep 27, 2022
Dapson73:
Your mom is the best you can have.

Those igbos hate Yoruba for no just cause.

Your mom deserves an award.

Igbos don't hate yorubas, fulanis should rather be the common enemy but yorubas would rather embrace their enemy and they will see igbos as the new enemy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Obidient4life2: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2022
VandalSavage:

Story time

Good for her. They will still get a house somewhere else. She doesn't like money but she is looking for rent?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by heniford2: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2022
This is bad from your mother i have a house in lagos 3 of them are yorubas very dirty people and always loud then someone packed out of my house recently then this man came with his agent from osun state newly married asking for the house i already have 3 bad eggs in my building from yoruba making it 4 will be deadly but i can't judge the new guy because of the three bad eggs i accepted him and it turn out to be a nice dude grin your mom is tribal evil and has bad mindset.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by lhordspy: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2022
when i wanted getting married, the first thing my grandmom ask is : ' Hope she isnt igbo' ?

The only tribe igbos appeal positively to in the whole of Nigeria are they igbos themselves.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by BATified2023: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2022
VandalSavage:

Story time

a
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by BATified2023: 8:35am On Sep 27, 2022
[quote author=BATified2023 post=117045772]bro your mum is speaking from experience

Forget any tribal issue but with my experience so far as regards accommodation there are 3 people I will never never let my house to

That’s
Igbo n policeman n lawyers

An Igbo man will know the rules n sign everything but when he gets in he will want to challenge everything,I have experience it more than once n I begin to wonder that is it an ego thing or what

It’s like they have a default setting that it’s normal to do things separate even if they are doing it wrong,in every meeting he will always want to have a different view no matter how bad it is

He will never follow d rules n once his rent is about to expire he will cause a big problem that he will prefer to take u to court n be wasting time than to pay your rent

As regards police

They will cause problem,owe u,not pay utility bills n when any problem happens this man will call his people n work n he will fabricate many issues that at the end u will want to forgo everything he owe u n the only thing u will want is for him to leave
This is not about tribal bashing or anything

Lawyer ehn,he will calculate how to rob u legally n win cos he knows better than u.
He knows what u will pay for is what he will get for free so he will prefer to waste your money

Even if he will later pay d rent he will make sure d money isn’t useful to u

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Kingozymandias(m): 8:35am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:
when i wanted getting married, the first thing my grandmom ask is : ' Hope she isnt igbo' ?

When most people in SOUTHSOUTH, SOUTHEAST and MIDDLEBELT want to get married the first thing their grandmums always ask is "Hope she isn't YORUBA?"

Now cry grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Davidganna10: 8:58am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

The only tribe igbos appeal positively to in the whole of Nigeria are they igbos themselves.

this is funny actually I can name tens of Yoruba's married to Igbo's I don't know why you guys like this tribal comments. Even the governor of ondo state is one. Your Support for Tinubu should not make you tell unnecessary lies.

7 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Davidganna10: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2022
Kingozymandias:

When most people in SOUTHSOUTH, SOUTHEAST and MIDDLEBELT want to get married the first thing their grandmums always ask is "Hope she isn't YORUBA?"

Now cry grin
rid your self from tribalism, it does not Pay. That you support Obi should not make you a tribalist.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Ivimmanuel: 9:03am On Sep 27, 2022
Shebi you say na her property let her manage it the way she wants. Some people wont have one tribe dominate their property for obvious reasons if you have had experience in a troublesome compound dominated by a particular tribe you'll understand. She doesn't want her house dominated by igbos and she is okay with her reasons. when you have your own house you can form WAZOBIA

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Davidganna10: 9:04am On Sep 27, 2022
[quote author=BATified2023 post=117045816][/quote]you mentioned two profession which I know has Yorubas and Igbos right while did you then single Igbos out. Tribalism no good.
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by OkutaNla: 9:05am On Sep 27, 2022
Op VandalSavage, your mother is a wise woman. Rather than acting 'woke', I'll advise you calm down and understand where she's coming from. Only a fool would not learn from past mistakes. Countless Yorubas also share her sentiments when it comes to renting to igbos, and most of that attitude is based on ugly experiences they've had with Igbo tentants. These are experiences that you hardly have with tenants of other ethnicities at the rate you would with Igbos. That's just the painful truth.

Or is it until she rents out her apartment to an Igbo that'll later claim her property (like Charley Boy reportedly did to his yoruba landlady when he lived at Gbagada and owed her rent of almost 10-yrs and aso defaced her property, the poor old woman took him to court over the matter and died as a result of the wahala).

Free the woman (your mom). It's her house. When you build yours you can decide not to even collect rent from igbos if you so wish sef, nobody will beat you.

10 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by libertyfather(m): 9:08am On Sep 27, 2022
Experience is the best teacher, what elderly people see while seating if children climb on a palm tree they will never see.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Kingozymandias(m): 9:09am On Sep 27, 2022
Davidganna10:
rid your self from tribalism, it does not Pay. That you support Obi should not make you a tribalist.

Purge yourself from tribalsim it doesn't pay that you support Tinubu should not make you a tribalist
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by ScamHunter: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2022
I once worked in Ogun state. When I was searching for a house. My policy has always been to rent only new houses. The best house I came across belongs to a northern. Unfortunately, the man said he wanted only Muslims. That's his business and personal decision. Who am I to question it even though I know there is no sense in it. People kill their tribesman. People dupe people of their own faith. However you can't stop people from believing that their own little group is better. It's human nature.
By the way, another policy I have is never renting a house where the landlord or caretaker lives. It's always a terrible experience. No matter how desperate you are, never live with a person who sees the property an opportunity to lord over others. That's why they're landLORD.

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by KingAlayinde(m): 9:22am On Sep 27, 2022
VandalSavage:

Story time

Youe ma is acting based on experience........ Life will always be about choices..... So this is a childish post

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party Polling Unit Agent Dies In Lagos. Shot By Thugs. Allegedly. / 24hrs Power: REAL Reviews From Aba Residents (pics) / Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.