Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations (15908 Views)

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation / Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights / FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by GODPUNISHALABI: 9:41am On May 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:
The moment I saw the warning by the airline operators, I knew it was a joke.

Politicians will never allow that to happen especially this period when political moves and consultation are in top gears. A lot of travelling up and down.

Sure, Politicians won't ply our roads because of time, bad roads, armed robbery and kidnapping.

I know las las, the operators will be given the go ahead to charge any amount for flight tickets and suspend the strike.

The country essentially belongs to the politicians while the common man is nothing but a slave without any stake in his country.

This is how bad our situation is.
so you get sense like this? But u dey support Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by opera1(m): 9:42am On May 08, 2022
Na them Sabi, I no fly
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by HolyStriker(m): 9:47am On May 08, 2022
If I say I hate Nigeria, would you blame me?
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Foolishbuhari: 9:50am On May 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Politicians will never allow that to happen especially this period when political moves and consultation are in top gears. A lot of travelling up and down.

Sure, Politicians won't ply our roads because of time, bad roads, armed robbery and kidnapping.

I know las las, the operators will be given the go ahead to charge any amount for flight tickets and suspend the strike.

The country essentially belongs to the politicians while the common man is nothing but a slave without any stake in his country.

Why are you complaining? Ain't buhari the best thing after fried rice? To your post, them getting approval to increase prices does not automatically translate into profits for them.

Of what use would increasing prices be, when they would be running below capacity? When people are unable to afford the air fares, passenger traffic drops and there's only a limit to how much they can increase air fares to.

The last time I flew, some weeks ago, the plane was only half full. They'd maintain their jets, pay staff, pay taxes, air taxes too, association fees, purchase spare parts. How would the business survive?

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by eldoradoxx: 9:57am On May 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:

The serious ones have or retain the services of private jet to ferry them about and not therefore bothered by strike as private jet owners don't do all these aviation union strike, they are in the business for the super rich political thieves your country breeds.

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Mrpojj(m): 10:19am On May 08, 2022
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Miracle2022: 10:27am On May 08, 2022
Because it affected the rich,it will be done on time. Fuel scarcity up to now has not been solved, ASSU strike for months has not been solved just because it affected the poor.
I wish the airlines go on strike so that the rich will also follow the roads that they refused to fix. I wish the strike go on so that the rich will also collect the gift that bandits are giving the poor on the road.
We have complained about how filling stations are selling fuel above the official price but nobody cares to check the filling stations owners. The useless organization called DPR is the most useless and most corrupt organization in this country.
Nigeria is for the rich.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by lanocfoods: 10:33am On May 08, 2022
Evergreen4:
I wish Tanker drivers and other heavy duty vehicle drivers using diesel would go on strike so that federal government will wade in and reduce the price of diesel. Imagine 1 litre of diesel is 630 naira.

I heard that even a litre of kerosene is 700
Kerosene is now 900 a litre

Buhari ! Buhari !! Buhari !!!.
You will not go unpunished.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Tonytonex(m): 10:34am On May 08, 2022
Warlord12:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/fg-moves-to-avert-looming-shutdown-of-airline-operations/
I thought he was making sense, not until I saw Buhari's name in his statement. Bunch of failures.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by ComeToJesus: 10:36am On May 08, 2022
Warlord12:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/fg-moves-to-avert-looming-shutdown-of-airline-operations/

Some things that never happened before are happening in this APC Bubu government.

This man has finished Nigeria Pata Pata.

How did Nigerians bring someone to destroy every facet of their life?
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by yeahryt(m): 10:40am On May 08, 2022
The government surely will not bend to reduction of the jet A1. The other only solution na increase in fare.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by freemanq(m): 11:11am On May 08, 2022
I wonder why the govt will allow there thing to break down before looking out for solution to important national issues.This is just another case study of how on serious our leaders can be
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by nairaman66(m): 11:25am On May 08, 2022
OssyMalik:
ASUU on strike
Airline Operators planning to shut down
Food prices on inflation

What more disaster is Buhari planning on Nigerians?
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by bigl: 11:39am On May 08, 2022
Lalasmokelala:
Socio - No 1 Matchmaking & Hookup App ♥️
Super app for dating, friendships & Hookup ❤️
Visit .net to get started

Bro, nice concept but the interface is ugly ..
Go and fix thst before promoting it upandan... I've registered there and seen it all
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by ZUBY77(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:

I didn't know you have enough sense to make a post without mentioning Biafra or IPOB. Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Queenslander(f): 11:53am On May 08, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

Why are you complaining? Ain't buhari the best thing after fried rice? To your post, them getting approval to increase prices does not automatically translate into profits for them.

Of what use would increasing prices be, when they would be running below capacity? When people are unable to afford the air fares, passenger traffic drops and there's only a limit to how much they can increase air fares to.

The last time I flew, some weeks ago, the plane was only half full. They'd maintain their jets, pay staff, pay taxes, air taxes too, association fees, purchase spare parts. How would the business survive?
You're simply intelligent,. You put it nicely.. well-done ✔️
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by RichAbujaGuy: 11:55am On May 08, 2022
See how the imps of Satan destroy rails and kidnap and kill innocent citizens, import impure petrol into the country, and now are planning a national airline strike. Just plain evil spirits trying to get their greedy hands on the national cake again to splurge in Dubai, Spain, UK, etc.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by LZAA: 11:56am On May 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:

You no blame GEJ again eh Simplyleogrin grin
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by LZAA: 12:00pm On May 08, 2022
Aboguede:
But look ooh.

Lagos to Abuja or lagos to Anambra is 50k per single persenger which is about 70 dollars for 45 munites flight

Aviation fuel is then 700 naira per 1 litter which is about 1.40 dollars

Now include tax and any other running cost to the fuel price

How can you tell me that the airline operators will not nake profit?

I think they are just looking for abnormal profit as is the norm in many businesses in Nigeria?
I'm sure you have forgotten these airlines pay huge tax,salries of staff and also maintain their planes
Smh
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Shakur86(m): 12:23pm On May 08, 2022
The masses are payment #700 per litter for the same fuel, why are they airlines now complaining?
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by frog12: 12:38pm On May 08, 2022
how can you grow domestic industries when the costs is too high. government fees itself is top of the list
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by okeke6969: 12:45pm On May 08, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
Someone mentioned in that thread that because this affect mostly the elite they will speedily attend to it and avert a strike action unlike ASUU
Yes I remember, you are right.
This Nigeria does not belong to a common man. It is a pity.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Aboguede(m): 12:50pm On May 08, 2022
LZAA:

I'm sure you have forgotten these airlines pay huge tax,salries of staff and also maintain their planes
Smh

What do mean by huge, Nigeria is not UK.

They just want cash out from the politicians!
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Proflere: 12:59pm On May 08, 2022
That one go affect them and their families so solution will be provided ASAP. ASUU strike does not affect their children so there cannot be solution anytime soon .. no be them say make your parent poor dey send you go public school...

You like vote wicked souls again in 2023, na there nna problems go multiply.

You see professor, vote drug lord... Na you sabi...

You see a patriot who has been among you for long, vote a traveler who only comes around during elections.. Na you sabi..
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by LZAA: 1:50pm On May 08, 2022
Aboguede:

What do mean by huge, Nigeria is not UK.

They just want cash out from the politicians!
Oh dear God
Please check how much it takes to run a commercial airline and thank me later
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by nedekid: 1:53pm On May 08, 2022
Evergreen4:
I wish Tanker drivers and other heavy duty vehicle drivers using diesel would go on strike so that federal government will wade in and reduce the price of diesel. Imagine 1 litre of diesel is 630 naira.

I heard that even a litre of kerosene is 700

Buhari ! Buhari !! Buhari !!!.
You will not go unpunished.
Hayab I used to hire to lift generator for 25k, charged me 120k last month I needed it. Within the same premises oh.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Aboguede(m): 2:14pm On May 08, 2022
LZAA:

Oh dear God
Please check how much it takes to run a commercial airline and thank me later

What is the cost? Paste it here if you have it. Airlines charge over 75 dollars for 45 munites flight in Nigeria but I travel around Europe by flight and the point of average flight ticket between France and Germany or Germany and Milan is between 65 to 70 euros and if I buy 7 days earlier it goes for 45 to 60 euros.

This is in Europe with the world highest tax system and high cost of living.

Nigeria airline operators are same as Nigeria telecome operators, they are criminals hiding under inefficient bureaucracy.

Anyways, mist of you are always suffering and smiling and you never use ur Internet to look for common knowledge instead you waste your times on irrelevances shocked

It is like saying that shop rent is expensive in Nigeria or house rent because the landlords are increasing the price but the truth is that cost of running any business is not expensive in Nigeria.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Timmi: 2:33pm On May 08, 2022
OssyMalik:
ASUU on strike
Airline Operators planning to shut down
Food prices on inflation

What more disaster is Buhari planning on Nigerians?

Instead of anticipating another disaster, why not look for opportunities within the current situation. Others are benefiting from the situation while you are awaiting another disaster.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by onyxo76(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2022
scared of being kidnapped in the roads they allow the poor masses to ply.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by LaconicINC: 3:10pm On May 08, 2022
Aboguede:
But look ooh.

Lagos to Abuja or lagos to Anambra is 50k per single persenger which is about 70 dollars for 45 munites flight

Aviation fuel is then 700 naira per 1 litter which is about 1.40 dollars

Now include tax and any other running cost to the fuel price

How can you tell me that the airline operators will not nake profit?

I think they are just looking for abnormal profit as is the norm in many businesses in Nigeria?
hmm
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Evergreen4(m): 3:42pm On May 08, 2022
nedekid:

Hayab I used to hire to lift generator for 25k, charged me 120k last month I needed it. Within the same premises oh.
Honestly if the price of diesel goes down, the price of so many commodities will reduce

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airport Expansion: FG To Demolish Lagos Private Jet Terminals / Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas / Cape Varde Tourist Info,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.