Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Angels Wait For The Voice Of His Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Angels Wait For The Voice Of His Word (254 Views)

Nigerian Imam Converts To Christianity After Hearing the Voice of Jesus / 'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / I Hear The Voice Of The Trumpet About To Sound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Angels Wait For The Voice Of His Word by judedwriter(m): 3:16pm On May 08, 2022
Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
— Psalms 103:20

The angels are God's servants and they are our ministers. God made the angels to serve Him by doing His will:

Hebrews 1
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
¹⁴ Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

God sends angels on errands to minister to us according to our specific needs. Throughout scripture, we see the activities of ministering angels to the people of God in different situations:

God sent an angel to save Daniel from starved lions (Daniel 6:22)

God sent an angel to rescue Peter from prison and a premature death (Acts 12:7_11)

God sent an angel to stop the way of Balaam as he went to curse God's people (Numbers 22:22_35)

God sent an angel to slay 185, 000 Assyrian soldiers who confronted God's people (2 kings 19:35)

God sent angels to rescue Lot and his family from destruction in Sodom and Gomorrah Genesis 19: 1_17)

God sent angels to attend to Jesus after his forty days fast (Mathew 4:11)

God sent an angel to assure Paul of saftey in a life threatening storm (Acts 27: 22_25)

God sent an angel to change the name and destiny of Jacob to Israel... Etc.

Unlike humans, angels were made with great supernatural abilities and strengths. God made angels this way to enable them minister to us effectively.

For example when David faced Goliath, it was obvious that God sent a ministering angel to overcome the giant. There was no way David could have overpowered Goliath by his strength. Many times in spiritual warfare, angels come to our rescue when we are faced with enemies too strong for us like David.

Psalms 91
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹¹ For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
¹² They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

In times of impossible and dangerous situations, angels in doing the will of God, often rise up to the occasion to deliver us. This is why it's very important to be conscious of God's presence with us at all times. Angels wait patiently in God's presence and follow His presence:

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
— Matthew 18:10

What do angels do in God's presence?

1. They sing to Him

2. They wait for His Word

3. They make reports to Him

In Luke 1, God sent angel Gabriel to announce the birth of John the Baptist to Zechariah. When the elderly priest doubted God's message, angel Gabriel stated with emphasis:

Luke 1
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁹ And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, THAT STAND IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.
²⁰ And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.

Angels stand in God's presence and wait for His Word. Angel Gabriel knew too well the supreme power of God's unfailing WORD_that was why he temporarily made Zechariah dumb until John was born.

My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
— Psalms 89:34

This is why speaking God's Word is the master key to God's blessings and miracles. There is nothing that can stop God's WORD from coming to pass. The devil is himself subjected to God's spoken Word:

And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; ONLY UPON HIMSELF PUT NOT FORTH THINE HAND. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
— Job 1:12

Angels carry so much glory of God because they stand in His glorious presence singing to Him and waiting for His WORD:

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
— Luke 2:9

Angels are attentive to the voice of God's Word. Once God gives them a command, they don't dilly_dalley, dragging their feet in reluctance; they hurry in doing God's will.

It's very sad that many of our angels are idle, practically doing nothing because we refuse to send them on errands. How do we send angels on errands? By speaking God's Word concerning our situations.

Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?
— Ecclesiastes 5:6

When we speak negatively about difficult situations, we attract God's anger and judgements because of our unbelief. But when we speak in faith, by speaking what God says about our situations, we provoke angelic interventions and miracles. What comes out of your mouth in trying times?

To attract the ministry of angels most effectively, we must be in the habit of singing to God.

Angels love to sing to God and often join us to sing to the Lord as well.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Worst Thing You Have Heard Or Seen In A Church. / Oh No Had I Know / Methodist Prelate And All Adopted With Him Have Been Released.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.