Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Abuse Thrives In Churches Because People Fear Men, Not God — Lara George - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abuse Thrives In Churches Because People Fear Men, Not God — Lara George (285 Views)

Archbishop Ibezim: Many Talents Decaying Because People Rather Pray Than Work / Why Do Many People Fear Death? / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuse Thrives In Churches Because People Fear Men, Not God — Lara George by Fareke: 3:25pm On May 08, 2022
Gospel singer, Lara George, has said abuse thrives in churches because many people are more concerned about what people say rather than God wants for them.

In an interview with Sunday Scoop, the Ijoba Orun singer said, “The issue with religion in Africa is with our theology. There is a cultural skew to it that makes it a brand that is not particularly palatable to me. Many people wrap cultural beliefs together with superstition, then cover it up with God’s name and say they are practicing Christianity. If one is truly a Christian, one would not be a bully. One would love one’s neighbor and treat everyone fairly, irrespective or race, tribe or gender.

"Abuse thrives in churches because people don’t really care about what God thinks of them. They actually seem to care more about what human beings think. People are more concerned with keeping the flow of money coming into the church, so they cannot speak truth to power.”

Shedding light on what she has been up to in recent times, George said, “I relocated to the United States of America as a permanent resident under the ‘Person of Extraordinary Ability’ programme (also known as the Einstein visa) a few years ago. Between the time of my relocation and now, I have released two albums—Daddy’s Girl and A Slice of Heaven. In that time, I have also held a major solo concert in the US. I have continued to tour and perform in several locations including Canada and the United Kingdom. I have also been back to Nigeria several times for performances.”

1 Like

Re: Abuse Thrives In Churches Because People Fear Men, Not God — Lara George by Malory: 3:28pm On May 08, 2022
The truth. Women especially worship their pastors more than they worship God

1 Like

Re: Abuse Thrives In Churches Because People Fear Men, Not God — Lara George by CoronaVirusPro: 3:36pm On May 08, 2022
Malory:
The truth. Women especially worship their pastors more than they worship God

In addition, they respect their pastors more than their husbands.
Re: Abuse Thrives In Churches Because People Fear Men, Not God — Lara George by immortalcrown(m): 4:05pm On May 08, 2022
Fact! Africans use their bad ideologies to pollute Christianity, then blame Christianity in return.
Re: Abuse Thrives In Churches Because People Fear Men, Not God — Lara George by Malory: 4:11pm On May 08, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

In addition, they respect their pastors more than their husbands.
Exactly. That gender eh
Re: Abuse Thrives In Churches Because People Fear Men, Not God — Lara George by neonly: 5:30pm On May 08, 2022
She just said it all I salute her courage
Re: Abuse Thrives In Churches Because People Fear Men, Not God — Lara George by solexyy: 6:12pm On May 08, 2022
WHAT DOES SHE MEAN BY "ABUSE"?
WANT TO KNOW HOW GOD REALLY WANTED DIS WORLD 2 BE, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC IS UR FRIEND

(1) (Reply)

Terrorist Attending Church Service / This Is For The Unbeleivers,christians / What Are Some Signs Of Apostasy In The Christian Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.