Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau (95948 Views)

Wilberforce Yohanna: How Ex-Boko Haram Fighter Became Nigerian Prison Official / Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor / Sokoto Assembly Speaker, Rt. Hon Aminu Achida & Hon Bello Maigona Defect To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by ironkurtain(m): 5:05am On May 09, 2022
Reflect7:

HOW CAN YOU GIVE HIM A TRY WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HIM?

IF A RANDOM UNKNOWN BLACK MAN'S IMAGE WAS POSTED WOULD YOU SAY THE SAME THING?

YOU PEOPLE ARE MENTALLY SICK.

My brother, this is not being mentally sick. And I would say the same thing to anyone, it is called freedom of speech and one expressing his opinion. Be it white, black or even asian, if anyone with a confirmed citizenship of Nigeria can lead the country out of it's present conundrums, why not give that person the chance? It's people like you that will vote for individuals whose only qualities are just that they have the same skin colour of yours or from whatever region that you come from. Anyway I have dealt with people with an I.Q that is equivalent to a room temperature so i understand your predicament.

1 Like

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by hope4nigeria(m): 5:05am On May 09, 2022
SIRTee15:
Is he a Nigerian?
Pls note- Nigerian citizenship is by ancestry or natutalisation and not by birth. That u were born in Nigeria doesn't make you a Nigerian.

Before u quote me, take a Nigerian constitution and learn who is a Nigerian citizen. Otherwise I won't bother to reply you.
Backward narrow minded fellow
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Blue3k(m): 5:06am On May 09, 2022
Boyooosa:

Does he have the right to apply for naturalization to be a citizen?
If he's a naturalized citizen, is he qualified to contest in a gubernatorial election?

Yes met the requirements for natutalisation but he was denied last time he did. If he becomes a citizen he can contest.

He was born to missionaries in Jos and had lived all his life in Nigeria – moving between towns and cities in the north. So, he had nominally fulfilled the conditions of naturalization – which says you must have resided in Nigeria for a continuous period of 15 years. But he was denied the citizenship he craved.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/21/wiebe-boer-a-black-man-in-white-skin/
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Prechy08(m): 5:24am On May 09, 2022
I swear put this guy in power if you are wise.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by zedegit: 5:25am On May 09, 2022
mcdon024:
Brief History:
His real name is Wiebe Boer, he’s a Dutch. Yohanna Maigona is his Hausa name. He was born in Jos and did his secondary school there. He started speaking Hausa before English. @MI_Abaga’s mum was/is his adopted sister.

He was almost killed in the Jos crisis of 2003

Plateau people what do you think?

As long as he has roots in Nigeria, he should be given a chance but then the stigma of slave trade is still fresh.

Dutch are known as merchants; expect a boost in exportation of products if elected. What he will do with the proceeds is what I am not sure.

If he has an antecedent, he should be elected but if not, it's a gamble. By antecedent, I mean has a been in a political post before?
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Stenewiser: 5:28am On May 09, 2022
Mjshexy:
Wow...he should rather contest for the office of the President smiley
slavery mentality.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Divoc19(f): 5:34am On May 09, 2022
Nigerian by birth undecided
Blue3k:

Is he also Nigerian? If the answer is no there's no point discussing any further.

Ps: Did the Google searches he's not a citizen as of April 2022. If he recently became a Nigerian this month someone show receipts.

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Blue3k(m): 5:37am On May 09, 2022
Divoc19:
Nigerian by birth undecided

Why do you guys speak on topics you know nothing about?

Boer applied to be a Nigerian citizen but did not meet all the requirements. He has Dutch and Canadian citizenship through his father, Jan Harm (John), whose family emigrated to Canada in the 1950s. And he has U.S. citizenship through his mother, Frances Ann (Fran), whose family emigrated to the United States in the 1940s. John and Fran taught their children Hausa, rather than Dutch. Boer’s parents now live in Vancouver, BC.

https://www.christiancourier.ca/calvin-university-appoints-president-wiebe-boer/

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by MartinsD12(m): 5:40am On May 09, 2022
Blue3k:

Is he also Nigerian? If the answer is no there's no point discussing any further.

Ps: Did the Google searches he's not a citizen as of April 2022. If he recently became a Nigerian this month someone show receipts.

He is constitutionally qualify to vie for any election in Nigeria having being born and lived for so long in Nigeria that is nationalization, I wished this man could at least come out for presidency it could have created much awareness, nice one . I support him , a white man will always be better than a black man.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by LordPjay: 5:42am On May 09, 2022
He wants to colonize us again.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Blue3k(m): 5:45am On May 09, 2022
MartinsD12:

He is constitutionally qualify to vie for any election in Nigeria having being born and lived for so long in Nigeria that is nationalization,

Naturalization has to be approved by the government. Can you answer this this occurred just making baseless speculations? As of April 2022 he did not achieve this as reported by two articles. The last time he applied it was rejected and he's still a dual citizen.

Boer applied to be a Nigerian citizen but did not meet all the requirements. He has Dutch and Canadian citizenship through his father, Jan Harm (John), whose family emigrated to Canada in the 1950s. And he has U.S. citizenship through his mother, Frances Ann (Fran), whose family emigrated to the United States in the 1940s. John and Fran taught their children Hausa, rather than Dutch. Boer’s parents now live in Vancouver, BC.

https://www.christiancourier.ca/calvin-university-appoints-president-wiebe-boer/

He was born to missionaries in Jos and had lived all his life in Nigeria – moving between towns and cities in the north. So, he had nominally fulfilled the conditions of naturalization – which says you must have resided in Nigeria for a continuous period of 15 years. But he was denied the citizenship he craved.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/21/wiebe-boer-a-black-man-in-white-skin/

1 Like

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by LOVEGINO(m): 5:47am On May 09, 2022
siofra:

I don't understand this inferiority among black people undecided
buhari first son howfa na?
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by DimIsaac10(m): 5:51am On May 09, 2022
They will be rejoicing when Nigerians becomes Mayors in Europe but don't want Whites becoming mayors here.
A black man can become Captain in America army but for an American to become a Captain they see it as a problem. We just so clannish in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Divoc19(f): 5:55am On May 09, 2022
We have had foreigners/non Nigerians rule us before now. His only crime is that he is white so, he can't lie about his lineage.

We are a little skeptical about allowing a foreigner especially white rule us because that was how South Africa started and our law makers are cheap. But, if we want to be free like America then we can give white man a shot.
DimIsaac10:
They will be rejoicing when Nigerians becomes Mayors in Europe but don't want Whites becoming mayors here.
A black man can become Captain in America army but for an American to become a Captain they see it as a problem. We just so clannish in this part of the world

Blue3k:

I was about to mention the same thing. It seems folks here don't know the basics.

No you guys are just ignorant of the law. Reread section 25 of the Constitution.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by MartinsD12(m): 5:56am On May 09, 2022
Blue3k:

Naturalization has to be approved by the government. Can you answer this this occurred just making baseless speculations? As of April 2022 he did not achieve this as reported by two articles. The last time he applied it was rejected and he's still a dual citizen.

Stop being unreasonable that he is lived in Nigeria for long is enough to guarantee him nationalization but your corrupt irrational country will be rejecting it, is their business for selfish reason , the man is qualify go else where and argue, don't mention me again . The man is qualified whether your corrupt country approve him it's left for them and they are not doing the right thing simple, most of you here always stand for evil that is why the country will continue suffering you see the truth but you choose to lie , stand for evil. I stand for what is right the man is qualified your dirty country politicians will start fighting him what do they know, selfish people.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by AmeLonRo(m): 5:59am On May 09, 2022
Interesting if he is qualified, vote e him in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSgac5iO8Ag
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Blue3k(m): 6:02am On May 09, 2022
Divoc19:
We have had foreigners/non Nigerians rule us before now. His only crime is that he is white so, he can't lie about his lineage.

Lol your arguement is to continue bad behaviour instead of correcting it? I really hope you don't punish who you're in charge off if they bring that sort of excuse to you. You know the rules now so there's no need to make baseless claims about his birthright citizenship.

MartinsD12:

Stop being unreasonable that he is lived in Nigeria for long is enough to guarantee him nationalization but your corrupt irrational country will be rejecting it, is their business for selfish reason , the man is qualify go else where and argue, don't mention me again .

Stop being emotional about the subject. Boer wasn't granted citizenship by the president what does that have to do with me? He isn't qualified until he becomes a citizen so there's no need to lie.

1 Like

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by thatigboman1: 6:03am On May 09, 2022
Blue3k:

I was about to mention the same thing. It seems folks here don't know the basics.

No you guys are just ignorant of the law. Reread section 25 of the Constitution.

what does that your section 25 constitution say about fulani killer herdsmen that trekked to Nigeria from futa jallon mountains in Guinea?
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Blue3k(m): 6:11am On May 09, 2022
thatigboman1:
what does that your section 25 constitution say about fulani killer herdsmen that trekked to Nigeria from futa jallon mountains in Guinea?

Alot of the Fulani people where here before the founding of Nigeria. Only foolish people think that arguement makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by compton11(m): 6:18am On May 09, 2022
Mjshexy:
Wow...he should rather contest for the office of the President smiley
what a slave!
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by compton11(m): 6:20am On May 09, 2022
DimIsaac10:
nigga STFU

Which Nigerians did u see becoming governor or President in west?
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by compton11(m): 6:20am On May 09, 2022
Stenewiser:
slavery mentality.
Right
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by UncleKoboko: 6:21am On May 09, 2022
[s]
qekng40:
Just look at what Buhhari is causing

Just imagine! sad

Edited: You lots quoting me should continue ooo, like I even care!

Like it or not Buhhari has made it simple for every Tom, Dick and Harry to contest for an elective post because of his tenure!

So its not about being myopic or being a bigot.

Y'all should chill, gerrit or forgerrit!

Re-edited : OK, let him go and win.. make no body mention me again! Daydreamers grin
[/s]
Or deh
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Instincteverest: 6:21am On May 09, 2022
qekng40:

Just imagine! sad

Like it or not Buhhari has made it simple for every Tom, Dick and Harry to contest for an elective post because of his tenure!

Re-edited : OK, let him go and win.. make no body mention me again! Daydreamers grin
. Check your Brain ...Nigerians Occupies Elective Positions Abroad too ...
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Decent09(m): 6:21am On May 09, 2022
qekng40:

Just imagine! sad

Sorry oo, Your brain no dey work abi, any small things you go begin talk say in US, in UK, abi you think say Obama and Biden are from the same parent
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by UncleKoboko: 6:21am On May 09, 2022
ikibekingsleyoo:
If na Lagos or delta fine,but plateau state?e can't happen ,plateau people wey like tribalism,go come let one white man be there governor,e don fail at arrival
One pink or pale man. Not white
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Decent09(m): 6:23am On May 09, 2022
[quote author=compton11 post=112654403]nigga STFU

Which Nigerians did u see becoming governor or President in west?[/quote

So you think Obama and Biden are from the same parent abi
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Nobody: 6:27am On May 09, 2022
How I wish we would have a white man rule this country again and change the years of filthy leadership failure and corruption of hommongous proportion .
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by Gamesmart: 6:44am On May 09, 2022
mcdon024:
Brief History:
His real name is Wiebe Boer, he’s a Dutch. Yohanna Maigona is his Hausa name. He was born in Jos and did his secondary school there. He started speaking Hausa before English. @MI_Abaga’s mum was/is his adopted sister.

He was almost killed in the Jos crisis of 2003

Plateau people what do you think?

He is not Dutch!

He is Nigerian!!!

Grew up in Nigeria.

Speak Nigerian languages.

Went to school in Nigeria before going abroad for university.

After university, organised for the company he worked for to send him back to Nigeria, like many other Nigerians do.

Has worked majority of his life in Nigeria.

He set up all of his business interests after becoming self-employed in Nigeria.

He is well-known by all the top professionals in Nigeria working on the island.

Actually, when I saw the title on the Front Page, in my mind I said "That must be Wiebe" before I even clicked on it.

So never call him Dutch again except you say Dutch-Nigerian.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by fabsyl(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2022
This one na John the Farmer not John the Baptist
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by sapphiremustdie: 6:57am On May 09, 2022
SIRTee15:

u lack comprehension skill-cant even understand what u posted.
go and learn what citizenship by birth really mean.

FYI- there are very few countries that allow citizenship by birth, Nigeria is not one.
Just like you are dumb and rude! You can come and send me to school.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau by sapphiremustdie: 6:58am On May 09, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol the you can't answer why a guy who has citenship by birth applied for natutalisation. The guy isn't a Nigerian abd his parents and grandparents weren't born in Nigeria. Why do you feel the need to argue about topic you never looked into or read about?
You must surely be a member of his family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

The Message That Nailed Amaechi And Dakuku. Pictures. / FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Atiku Speaks On Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.