Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,991 members, 7,810,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money (20819 Views)

Is It Advisable To Invest A Huge Amount Of Money In Box Value? / See What A Man Did In His Apartment, After Winning N10m From Bet9ja In Edo / 5 Financial Mistakes That Keeps Making You Go Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Winters23: 8:12pm On May 09, 2022
angry
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Kingjames(m): 8:13pm On May 09, 2022
The mindset hasn't developed to that realms yet...so they can't manage it

It's like dashing agbero a suit of 500k. See that suit on him next week and you will notice it's thinking like the agbero...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by F117nighthawk: 8:13pm On May 09, 2022
Because it's not their hard earned money, they didn't sweat for the money

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:13pm On May 09, 2022
Reward for work well done is more work. You stake 100 and won 100,000, next time you'll stake 100,000 to win 10,000,000.yli and bet Na mate? No free money

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Okunga: 8:13pm On May 09, 2022
Oya poor people wey dey analyze rich people over to you guys… We dey hear !!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by GoodFaith: 8:14pm On May 09, 2022
afonjabreed:
I have witnessed this first hand, I had a friend who made a huge amount of money, though illegally but went broke within months.
I have also heard of some situations where a bet or lottery winner goes back to his broke state within a short period of time.

Why do they go broke so fast?
These people get big money, millions as proceeds and they go broke within months.

The money you spend don't come back
So invest in cash flow

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Sified(m): 8:14pm On May 09, 2022
They're mahd nii sad
Someone would be looking for money, another person will get it in huge amount and waste it just to come back to your level after chopping life finish lol

Very annoying and disappointing something

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Harrykn: 8:16pm On May 09, 2022
RapistOnBail:

Just like me.

I fit finish 900k within 5 days max.

Na food Dey chop my money sha

180k per day feeding money

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by jaxxy(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2022
afonjabreed:
I have witnessed this first hand, I had a friend who made a huge amount of money, though illegally but went broke within months.
I have also heard of some situations where a bet or lottery winner goes back to his broke state within a short period of time.

These people get big money, millions as proceeds and they go broke within months.

Cos dey are inept about money making and management. They never worked for the money and can only spend till they go broke. Unless they employ services of investment managers.

This applies to footballers, musicians, actors etc.. also.

when u make tons of money quickly and temporarily and don't have financial knowledge or skills u will go broke easily and fast too

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 8:21pm On May 09, 2022
Acidosis:
Deficiency in the area of financial intelligence.

Financial intelligence is a 3-fold concept. To be financially intelligent, you must know how to (1) make money (2) manage money, and (3) multiply money.

None is substitutable.

Apt!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by babaalagbo11(m): 8:25pm On May 09, 2022
Acidosis:
Deficiency in the area of financial intelligence.

Financial intelligence is a 3-fold concept. To be financially intelligent, you must know how to (1) make money (2) manage money, and (3) multiply money.

None is substitutable.

well done �

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by ThothHermes: 8:26pm On May 09, 2022
Your mindset will always force your reality to look like it. You must be rich in your mind first before you can be sustainably rich physically.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by RapistOnBail: 8:27pm On May 09, 2022
Harrykn:

180k per day feeding money
No be so.

But feeding Dey chop enough cash. I provide for my guys and babes too.

If you calculate am well, u go see say feeding Dey consume cash
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Chuksyno(m): 8:29pm On May 09, 2022
Forget say all way na way. If you do anyhow you go see anyhow. Nobe all wealth be better wealth.
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Streetmovement(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2022
Wotoporiously8) speaking

A lot of people walk around without plans and spend on impulse, so when the money enter like that for them no time to check time.

Excess pussy, alcohol, unplanned events suddenly occurs out of the blue.

For a lot of first timers wey just hit major jackpot, most always wanna show everything that's around them that they have arrived, no back up plan and some just wanna go around pleasing everybody especially the shenkes and trying to make them happy.

I don go birthday wey one of my nigga invite me, the manchi wey host the birthday no Sabi the bannie wey dey celebrate but base on say the celebrant na friend to this manchi friend, the manchi anchor the birthday with full chest.

Guy man spend that day I confirm, the rest was history

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by tfelicityk(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2022
Lack of planning
Extravagant spending, Pride and public fame...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by int0x80(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2022
Because, it's easier to spend money than to make it. Especially, the money you never worked for.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 09, 2022
Money is beyond understanding... You might be the wisest of all and still lose money ... I heard of an America real estate mugu who lost $300million after acquiring Tribune a media outlet which went bankrupt says it was worth it , because if his plan had succeded he would have made $5billion ... The reward ratio was worth it ... Some people are going to lose 100 million Naira before our eyes but you know why they are all willing to stake that much because the reward ratio is worth it....but don't try it o if you have no safety net or fall backs, manage the little that you have....even if it is billions of naira.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by elinaxy(m): 8:32pm On May 09, 2022
So u go use 900k take chop food for 5days? Na wa u o
RapistOnBail:

Just like me.

I fit finish 900k within 5 days max.

Na food Dey chop my money sha

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Goldbw122(m): 8:36pm On May 09, 2022
The system is program to let you come again even when you have billions in your account yeah, so you must come to play it and lose more that is the main purpose of gambling, you can't setup things that you won't profit from .. never that is business...
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by twosquare(m): 8:38pm On May 09, 2022
It is their mentality. They are mentally poor. So, it won't last. Watch this video from... 1:11 to 2:05

https://fb.watch/cV9Z8up8Y1/ (Robert Kiyosaki short interview)

afonjabreed:

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Smarkest(m): 8:38pm On May 09, 2022
:* Someone who wins the lottery or gambling. Even if he wins 100 millions is not a rich man: He is a poor man with a lot of money. That's the reason why 90% of the lottery millionaires become poor again after 5 years

By
Elon Musk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by TenQ: 8:40pm On May 09, 2022
afonjabreed:

They thought they have arrived and begin to spend money they can NOT replenish like a big boy!
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by WantsandMore: 8:40pm On May 09, 2022
It's the law of diminishing returns, some come asap others are long term.
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Tundex911: 8:42pm On May 09, 2022
Sense, dem no get

Peace ✌️
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by dialfa: 8:45pm On May 09, 2022
Because the scripture decreed it so.

Proverbs 13:11

Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Uniquetani1(f): 8:49pm On May 09, 2022
afonjabreed:

Illegal things doesn't last
There is no value on money you didn't sweat for.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 8:50pm On May 09, 2022
I think it's the lack of financial intelligence.

It's one underrated skill that society and educational sector fail to prioritize, today.

The thing is, spending money is natural, BUT - making money, managing money, and multiplying are different skills on their own - one NEEDS to master all 3 if one wants to be wealthy.

So, about people going broke after earning some huge amount of money, most times it's a result of mindset and spending habit.

One problem with most people is the urge to upgrade their lifestyle after a pay raise.

The " I have arrived" mentality would be the end of many people - because they'd introduce themselves to a lifestyle that'd drain their finances to maintain.

Delayed gratification is not in some people's dictionary, and that's a problem on it's own.

Pheewwww

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by IamRegal: 8:52pm On May 09, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by HiFive: 8:53pm On May 09, 2022
adeoyekay:
The money is not labour for.

Ogbeni how

What do you mean when you say money is not labored for. Which money person get wey him no labor for. You don ever play gamble so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by GoodBoi1(m): 8:54pm On May 09, 2022
Proverbs 13:11 (NKJV)
Wealth gained by dishonesty will be diminished,
But he who gathers by labor will increase.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by THEREISGODINHEA: 8:58pm On May 09, 2022
Money gotten quickly,goes quickly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms / I'm Confused On What Crypto coin to Invest In / Where Can I Invest 500,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.