Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,343 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money (20816 Views)

Is It Advisable To Invest A Huge Amount Of Money In Box Value? / See What A Man Did In His Apartment, After Winning N10m From Bet9ja In Edo / 5 Financial Mistakes That Keeps Making You Go Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by SoaringLife01: 10:38pm On May 09, 2022
Halo22:
It depends shaa.....My neighbor won 250k then and planned himself very well to the extent that he used the money to pay for his house rent for a whole one year. He refused to buy anyone one bottle of beer. Last last, the guy still traveled oversea and still made it.
That your neighbor has a high Financial Intelligence.
Sometimes poverty increase the factor of FI in some people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by aktolly54(m): 10:38pm On May 09, 2022
RapistOnBail:

Just like me.

I fit finish 900k within 5 days max.

Na food Dey chop my money sha

golden food I guess?
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by seanwilliam(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2022
elinaxy:
So u go use 900k take chop food for 5days? Na wa u o

It’s possible sha. Depending on locations and how many people e Dey feed per day

Per plate food goes for 15k in some places in lag,

If they are 6 people and they go eat there two times in a day , that’s 180k

I know a guy that spent 3m on birthday in Single day , I wouldn’t believe if I dont know him ..

I went to a shop here to get palm, a guy came there to buy shoes , believe me bro , HE BOUGHT AIR NIKE SHOES 150k X 4.. 600k..

If I was not there that very day , I would argue that it’s not possible say na only politician or celebrity fit spend that much on shoes ..

The Man I was working for at kolapo estate bought lg fridge of 1.2m and ac 1.6m same day ( even though he has a fridge and two freezers for house ).

People Dey spend money brother

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by seanwilliam(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2022
AlphaBeta130:
Especially money from bet. If you don't buy anything tangible immediately you win, they will collect their money back from you and also your own money.
I swear you’re right .

Making money is very very easy but maintaining that money is not easy atall .

Some guys two years ago hit money like mad , I mean 15m plus through husle or betting and now they’re struggling to pay house rent.
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by seanwilliam(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2022
And investment sometime can send you to square zero .

If you bought on doge coin or shib or Icp at the top , by now you should be at loss of atleast 85%..
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Veebliz(m): 11:21pm On May 09, 2022
It's just because they start living an expensive lifestyle when they make a huge amount of money.
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by West2019(m): 11:30pm On May 09, 2022
afonjabreed:
I have witnessed this first hand, I had a friend who made a huge amount of money, though illegally but went broke within months.
I have also heard of some situations where a bet or lottery winner goes back to his broke state within a short period of time.

Why do they go broke so fast?
These people get big money, millions as proceeds and they go broke within months.
Then believe another millions is still coming tomorrow. that's the same thing I did last year,i won bet9ja over 18.9m .i said within myself the next month I will win is going to be 30m , this how i spend this 18.9m on betting abd rocking rocking abd Chopin Chopin.this life no balance at all .i which i know i would have been a landlord in agege right now

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Harrykn: 11:48pm On May 09, 2022
RapistOnBail:

I provide for my guys and babes too.

That work/business wey you do provide that kind money you fit show me?
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by lendahand(m): 1:21am On May 10, 2022
IamRegal:
The biggest mistake comes after the biggest victory. The euphoria suddenly makes you through caution to the wind as you immense yourself in the moment. Feeling untouchable.

You feel you can do more or deserve more, the confidence will make you do it with a lesser planning for possible failure. Forgetting failure exit.

Crypto traders in bullrun or futures can relate.
this hit me at the right spot. Lost a lot of money within minutes spot trading on kukoin devilish exchange
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by AdeniyiA(m): 2:42am On May 10, 2022
Proverbs 23:5 Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by dangoteinlaw: 4:01am On May 10, 2022
jaxxy:

Cos dey are inept about money making and management. They never worked for the money and can only spend till they go broke. Unless they employ services of investment managers.

This applies to footballers, musicians, actors etc.. also.

when u make tons of money quickly and temporarily and don't have financial knowledge or skills u will go broke easily and fast too
eg oba goal..dude went on spending spree with white girls and boats plus Bentleys. Rumors is he's kinda broke now. Even musicians don't easily go broke as footballers
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by phemmyfour: 4:33am On May 10, 2022
afonjabreed:
I have witnessed this first hand, I had a friend who made a huge amount of money, though illegally but went broke within months.
I have also heard of some situations where a bet or lottery winner goes back to his broke state within a short period of time.

These people get big money, millions as proceeds and they go broke within months.
They never worked for it. Free money doesn't last
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by placeofallure(f): 5:20am On May 10, 2022
fineboynl:
I would like to know what you mean

All the village people grin
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by MemoriesAndMe: 5:53am On May 10, 2022
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously8) speaking

A lot of people walk around without plans and spend on impulse, so when the money enter like that for them no time to check time.

Excess pussy, alcohol, unplanned events suddenly occurs out of the blue.

For a lot of first timers wey just hit major jackpot, most always wanna show everything that's around them that they have arrived, no back up plan and some just wanna go around pleasing everybody especially the shenkes and trying to make them happy.

I don go birthday wey one of my nigga invite me, the manchi wey host the birthday no Sabi the bannie wey dey celebrate but base on say the celebrant na friend to this manchi friend, the manchi anchor the birthday with full chest.

Guy man spend that day I confirm, the rest was history
What does manchi mean?
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by CoolAmbience(m): 6:29am On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:
Deficiency in the area of financial intelligence.

Financial intelligence is a 3-fold concept. To be financially intelligent, you must know how to (1) make money (2) manage money, and (3) multiply money.

None is substitutable.

Man wey sabi!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Ochochejay: 7:19am On May 10, 2022
Na so e dey always be
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Lucymercy: 7:41am On May 10, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
afonjabreed:

Simple No sweat lost. no energy lost so therefore no caution when spending.
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by jimmynauty: 7:47am On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:

Financial intelligence is a 3-fold concept. To be financially intelligent, you must know how to (1) make money (2) manage money, and (3) multiply money.

None is substitutable.

Pls could you create a thread on points 2&3. Thanks and quote me
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by OLRAYS(m): 7:47am On May 10, 2022
RapistOnBail:

Just like me.

I fit finish 900k within 5 days max.

Na food Dey chop my money sha

i can spend that for 1 year bro...
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by jimmynauty: 7:48am On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:

None is substitutable.

Pls could you create an educative thread on points 2&3. Thanks and quote me

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Nobody: 8:13am On May 10, 2022
Lack of planning
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by IamRegal: 8:44am On May 10, 2022
lendahand:
this hit me at the right spot. Lost a lot of money within minutes spot trading on kukoin devilish exchange

It normal
You're not alone.
Just go back to the books and take it slowly and trade with more care. You will recover it back.
Hope Crypto isn't the only thing you do.
Having something outside Crypto won't make you feel the effect much.
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by v2: 8:52am On May 10, 2022
You need to be able to make money to manage money efficiently.

Easy come, easy go.
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by upuphim(m): 9:12am On May 10, 2022
I think it is illegality of karma taking tolls on them. I've been marketing Police that always have free money to invest in real estate business for the past six months, without success. The curse following them wouldn't let them invest. As for those into bet, they always plunge it back. For readers, if you can't buy land from us at Pwan Group, you can invest as low as N150k to earn N120k at end of one year. Interested persons, send me mail at comoli2009@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Goldie16(f): 9:26am On May 10, 2022
afonjabreed:

Depends on the amount. Inflation makes seemingly huge amounts of money to not be 'huge' these days
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by gbengaomoike(m): 9:33am On May 10, 2022
Lack of vision and planning.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Assaljii: 9:47am On May 10, 2022
Read the book: BIG DAD,POOR DAD by: Robert T. Kiyosaki
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by PappyScuti(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2022
First of all, you can never go broke if you're making your money legally and you gon know what to buy and what not to... Only few people manage and minimize how they spend the money they make illegally but the rests squander it and believe they gon recover it back but in the process of that, they go more broke than begore...
Re: Why Do People Go Broke After Winning Huge Amount Of Money by Drone95(m): 11:02am On May 10, 2022
Make money today, lost it tomorrow. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms / I'm Confused On What Crypto coin to Invest In / Where Can I Invest 500,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.