Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

"I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe (18215 Views)

Haaland Takes Swipe At Alexander-Arnold Over Man City Spending Jibe / Carabao Cup: Chelsea Into Final With Commanding Win Over Spurs / Katia Aveiro, Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Jibe On CR7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by HonNL: 3:56pm On May 09, 2022
Jurgen Klopp has played down Pep Guardiola’s comments about Liverpool and feels they were said in the heat of the moment – something he was also guilty of when he took a swipe at Tottenham’s approach.

Manchester City retook control of the Premier League title race over the weekend, capitalising on Liverpool’s draw with Spurs by winning 5-0 against Newcastle United and significantly boosting their goal difference advantage in the process.

After the match, Guardiola aimed an unprompted jibe at his title rivals, saying ‘everyone in this country supports Liverpool, the media and everyone’ and then brought up the fact they have only won one Premier League title in the last three decades.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola
Guardiola suggested there was a degree of bias towards Liverpool (Getty)
Klopp took his own swipe at Tottenham after the north Londoners’ resilient rearguard earned them a draw at Anfield and the German coach says managers often get carried away in the aftermath of a result.

Asked what he made of Guardiola’s comments, Klopp replied at his pre-match press conference on Monday ahead of facing Aston Villa: ‘I live in Liverpool so yes, here, a lot of people want us to win the league, that’s true!

‘But even here it’s probably only 50 per cent, because the other guys [Everton] were involved in another fight, at least until yesterday.

‘Look, as managers – and I had this experience only recently after a game – we are all obviously, how can I say this, we are massively influenced by the game, by the situation and stuff like this.

‘So I said – and would I say it again? No – but I said after the game [against Spurs] that they play like they play and are still only fifth. And it felt good in that moment but it was anyway wrong.

‘But it was just my feeling in that moment, and I couldn’t respect Antonio [Conte] more and what he’s doing and my god how he organises teams and all these kinds of things.

‘But after a game like that… I don’t know exactly what kind of situation Pep was in, but after getting knocked out of the Champions League, that’s already difficult enough to take, but then of course Liverpool made it to the final.

‘So of course you have these kind of things, “They played Villarreal and we played Real” and all these kind of things, and then you say what you say.

‘And he’s right, on top of it. I was right with fifth place and Tottenham still, and he was right that we’ve won the Premier League only once.

‘I’ve no idea if the whole country is supporting us, that I don’t know. It’s not the feeling I get actually when we go to other places and play there, it’s actually the opposite! But maybe he knows more about that than me.’

SOURCE

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Malory: 3:56pm On May 09, 2022
Kloop is a good manager no doubt

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Choilila: 4:06pm On May 09, 2022
Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence. Not a matter of win and lose.

Cheer up, your fans are behind you.
though I support BLUEwink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by MasterSima(m): 4:09pm On May 09, 2022
Its okay!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by ExtremeDot: 4:09pm On May 09, 2022
Man was pained! grin

No much worries Mr. Klopp.
UCL deh for you.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by aboyaji(m): 4:09pm On May 09, 2022
Anger can cause a lot of slip offs.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by OgunleyeA1: 4:10pm On May 09, 2022
this klopp funy o
Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Godstiming(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2022
grin grin
See secrets on how to be happy shocked cheesy
And living a happy life cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4l37bWkX4A

1 Like

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by fourboys: 4:10pm On May 09, 2022
Just kill real Madrid for us... That Guardiola na mumu embarassed embarassed

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by PointZerom: 4:10pm On May 09, 2022
grin

Anthony Tailor wasn't at the center to help you.
Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Gimba7: 4:10pm On May 09, 2022
Damn
Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by visijo(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2022
Non matter how romantic your text message is, It can never beat mobile money notification... U gerrit shocked

4 Likes

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by obi4eze(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2022
grin

I don't think there's anything wrong in what Klopp said about Conte's playing pattern. He said that was his opinion and I think everyone is entitled to his/her opinion about football. Conte is a good manager who turns his weaknesses to his strength and tries to achieve what he wants. I think we should watch out for him next season.

Again Klopp feels he was wrong in his statement about Conte but that's still his opinion. Let's just rest the matter and enjoy the sweet game of football.

6 Likes

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by tolumizzy(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2022
Pele.....pls I need a job....am a graduate pls help

1 Like

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by bigdammyj: 4:12pm On May 09, 2022
Noted and, apology accepted.
Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 09, 2022
too late
Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Investorozay: 4:13pm On May 09, 2022
Sore loser rest
Hope Chelsea and Madrid end what is left
undecided
Time to rid the net of fake lfc fans

8 Likes

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Streetmovement(m): 4:13pm On May 09, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I tell una say na anger make this man vomit this dust

But na normal thing sha

We move cool
Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by fredoooooo: 4:14pm On May 09, 2022
We know, that was how you called African nations cup a small tournament

5 Likes

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:14pm On May 09, 2022
All I see here is desperation

Thief pee-poo pants is saying 'hi'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Zeezhubu: 4:15pm On May 09, 2022
Successful people make a lot of sacrifice. Don't envy a successful man without the back-up plan to do what he did to be successful.

You can get your dream job/scholarship today if only you will take the right step and prepare adequately.

A CV introduces you even before you are met. You are your CV!!!

Let's help you get that professional introduction (CV) you need to "wow" your potential employer.

Contact us and we'll make you a top-notch CV with over 15 different CV templates to select from.

Shalom!!

3 Likes

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Cantonese: 4:15pm On May 09, 2022
Na so e dey be.

Thank God @arsenal will be in the champions league again next year.

2 Likes

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Charlex23(m): 4:16pm On May 09, 2022
Investorozay:
Sore loser rest
Hope Chelsea and Madrid end what is left
undecided
Time to rid the net of fake lfc fans
Coming from a pained individual whose team is obviously struggling for a top four finish

3 Likes

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by Foodlovers: 4:19pm On May 09, 2022
We sometimes make too much out of headlines. But he has apologized now
Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by kokkubabboni421(m): 4:20pm On May 09, 2022
Liverpool remains a religion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Felt Disappointed With The Draw": Klopp Apologises Over Spurs' Jibe by jiz: 4:21pm On May 09, 2022
Selfish coach ! Liverpool will not win any title this season

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AYC 2015: Senegal 1-3 Nigeria Live / Henry Ajamah Sues David Okereke Over Breach Of Contract / Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.