Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi (3997 Views)

How Akala’s Defection Is Changing Oyo APC Dynamics / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / Rasheed Ladoja Secretly Refunded N500 Million Of Monies Stolen From Oyo Treasury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by HighChief4(m): 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2011
The Oyo State government has defended the non-payment of the May salaries of the former governor of the state, Adebayo Akala and his aides accusing them of looting the state’s treasury.

Dr Festus Adedayo, Special Assistant on Public Communications to the state governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, in a statement yesterday said after the payment of the new minimum wage to workers in May, there was nothing left to pay current and former political office holders.

He was while reacting to an statement by the spokesman of the former governor faulting the non payment of the salaries of Akala and his aides.

According to Adedayo, the former governor left the treasury empty after paying himself and his aides 300 percent increase of their of annual salaries, which equal three-year salaries as severance package in contravention of an injunction against the action by a law court.

“Financial rascality and massive looting of the treasury by the last administration,” Adedayo stated has bought the state to a standstill.

“After paying civil servants the N18, 000 minimum wage, the state government could not pay political office appointees their salaries, including Governor Ajimobi himself and his aides who, since their appointments, have not earned a dime in salary. The Alao-Akala mouthpiece can always confirm the veracity or otherwise of this assertion from the treasury.”

He attributed the former governor’s wolf cry to either mischief or ignorance or a combination of both since this information was public knowledge in the state.

Adedayo said some local governments in the state could not also pay political appointees after implementation of the new minimum wage.

He stated further that after the salary issue is sorted out and government is ready to pay political office holders, it would still be necessary to verify the true figures of the former governor’s aides.

He disclosed that the figure bequeathed to the current government on the payment of the former governor’s Special Assistants was so unwieldy and unreliable that it keeps oscillating from 24 to 73.

“I doubt if the current government would be ready to funnel non-existent funds into such drain.”

Three of the former governor’s aides, Dr. Nureni Aderemi Adeniran, Prince Dotun Oyelade and Chief Gbade Ishola , had in a statement accused Ajimobi of failure to pay their May salaries. In a statement last week they claimed that “The non-payment of the salaries of the former Governor and his aides for the month of May confirms the desperation of Ajimobi’s Administration to rake up money from every available source to meet first, the expectation of the God-fathers who, by honest calculation, are not few, on their investments towards his manipulation into office as the Governor.”

But Adedayo said the former Governor had no moral right to berate his successor for non-payment of his May salary when, in contravention of a court he flagrantly paid himself and his aides a stupendous salary increase
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by OAM4J: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2011
Interesting. Am not surprised.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by obowunmi(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2011
What will people from OYO do about it ? Pretty much nothing. Didn't he use that same money to do his daughter's wedding ? Nigerians like to suffer and smile.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by ideylaff: 3:10am On Jul 13, 2011
Ajimobi get working please, dont dissapoint us, please,

leave all that cry to the finance Ministry and do some work please,
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by dayokanu(m): 4:13am On Jul 13, 2011
God punish Akala
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by YomiKaycee: 8:54am On Jul 13, 2011
Should he (Ajimobi) get working with his private funds? Akala is being alleged to have looted the state finances dry and I think it is something to be talked about. As for work, what could you do in the shoes of Ajimobi if you met things seriously messed up? It happened in Edo when Oshiomole took over the reigns so one is not surprised undecided
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Talkyaown: 9:00am On Jul 13, 2011
He don cleverly begin chop hin own be that o! Niger politics!
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by otokx(m): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2011
Has he really paid civil servants the minimum wage?
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by playboy19(m): 9:04am On Jul 13, 2011
It really doesn't look like this Ajimobi guy has anything in package for the people of Oyo state. I think this is the same old "Blame-it-on-the former-administration game. They all use the first 1 year to "Investigate" the former administration, run to the press and castigate them. Use the second year to do all their own looting. Use the 3rd year for some fleamsy looting oriented project and the 4th year for no-enough-time campaign/last looting oriented projects. We are tired of this style of governance.

Someone please tell him to start working instead of blaming the former administration. You've not even started anything and you're blaming your failure or someone else already.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by damipaul(m): 9:09am On Jul 13, 2011
playboy19:

It really doesn't look like this Ajimobi guy has anything in package for the people of Oyo state. I think this is the same old "Blame-it-on-the former-administration game. They all use the first 1 year to "Investigate" the former administration, run to the press and castigate them. Use the second year to do all their own looting. Use the 3rd year for some fleamsy looting oriented project and the 4th year for no-enough-time campaign/last looting oriented projects. We are tired of this style of governance.

Someone please tell him to start working instead of blaming the former administration. You've not even started anything and you're blaming your failure or someone else already.
live this people please. they're all bunch of lies
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2011
[size=15pt]Someone please tell me what party Ajumobi represents.[/size]
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Tonyfrom: 10:49am On Jul 13, 2011
ITS A CHOP I CHOP MINISTRY THEY CANT USE EFCC TO CATCH AKALA THE GUY NA BAD GUY
By the Time AJUMOBI go finish im tenure now una go giva am name AJUMO JE " Chop am togeda"
, (Laugh)

Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 13, 2011
Tony from:

By the Time AJUMOBI go finish im tenure now una go giva am name AJUMO JE " Chop am togeda"
, (Laugh)
lwkm.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by anishe(m): 11:11am On Jul 13, 2011
I can never trust this Akala of a man. EFCC should please swing into action and arrest this f.ucking bleaching nonentity of a man.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 13, 2011
Enough talking please !!! The whinings are becoming boring and what's with senator title?! Is he still a senator
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by pynkspyce: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2011
he should roll up his sleeves and get to work already. We are tired of all the stories. And he should make sure his high maintenance kids and wife and not spending all d money.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by MeGaStReEt: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2011
YomiKaycee:

Should he (Ajimobi) get working with his private funds? Akala is being alleged to have looted the state finances dry and  I think it is something to be talked about. As for work, what could you do in the shoes of Ajimobi if you met things seriously messed up? It happened in Edo when Oshiomole took over the reigns so one is not surprised undecided

My friend nothing happened in Edo State, Oshiomole is just clueless. Back to the topic, why can't Ajimobi report Akala to the EFCC?
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Gbenge77(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
Akala's reputation has been irreparably damaged,overtime.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by ideylaff: 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2011

GBAM, thanks for that @ playboy19

also thanks to @ MeGaStReEt , @ naijababe, @ Tony , @ dami_paul, @ Talkyaown and all other contributors tro this thread,

We are not saying Ajimobi should not probe, but 4 a Governor to be whining 24/7 while the people need action is not a good start to his tenure,

In fact its better not to talk about Akala till he's caught in the net, that way he won't be doing his God father night moves to cover his tracks,

When the Chief Servant of a States' PA keeps whining out via his Oga's views, just shows a give up attitude,

Get ON with the JOB MAN, U promised, or expect an Akala treatment in 4 years time,

When Craze man don take 10 years dance naked.in the market.when he wan do the real craze sef, lipsrsealed.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2011
god punish PDP
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Vickivicki(m): 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2011
We need you working as soon as possible.

Clear the mess.

Generate or let me say bring out more ways to achieve higher internal revenue.

Serve your people diligently.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by tlops(m): 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2011
Tony from:

By the Time AJUMOBI go finish im tenure now una go giva am name[b]AJUMO JE " Chop am togeda"[/b]
, (Laugh)

9ice name, AjumoJE! hopefully I am included.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by ronkebp(f): 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2011
So what will happen now?, the deed has been done, they should seize Akala's properties plus the ones he gave to his girlfriends, sell them and use the proceeds to pay some people, abi, won't that cover a small portion?
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by sley4life(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
nobody is going to jail yet
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by AndreUweh(m): 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2011
dayokanu:

God punish Akala
Take am easy na. Mind you, he is your town's man.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by obowunmi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2011
who can't boko horam bomb the homes of these corrupt people. angry angry angry
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Pafuri(m): 11:00pm On Jul 13, 2011
The Oyo State Governor, SENATOR[i][/i] Abiola Ajimobi took the most crucial policy decision yesterday. It is to commission the statues of Obafemi Awolowo, SLA Akintola, Adegoke Adelabu, etc., etc, 
Is this man going to be able to govern?
Didn't they say he was MD of some chemical outfit some one million years ago?

BTW, is he Senator or Governor?.

Me, I siddon dey look.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Roland17(m): 2:31am On Jul 14, 2011
Soliciting public sympathy for your cause to generate hate for the obviously corrupt former Governor Alao Akala, would not get the rusted wheels of Oyo state running, fours years fly faster than the ticking seconds of a lions heart, its time to prove you are worth the position you currently occupy, bring back the glory days of Oyo state.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 14, 2011
He will always have the senator tag with his name till death. thats the way it is. just like doctors
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by Pafuri(m): 10:21am On Jul 14, 2011
Except that no one ever went to school to study SENATINE.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by slimyem: 10:37am On Jul 14, 2011
naijababe:

Enough talking please !!! The whinings are becoming boring and what's with senator title?! Is he still a senator
once a senator, ever a senator!na so we see am.
And i agree the whining are really becoming boring.Senator,please get to work and stop giving us this useless crap.
Re: How Akala Looted Oyo Treasury —ajimobi by thameamead(f): 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2011
playboy19:

GBAM!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks / An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe / Dino Drags Godswill Orubebe To ICPC Over Corruption Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.