Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him (47177 Views)

Rihanna Listens To Burna Boy "Ye" Song, Sings Along / What Will Olamide Say When He Listens To This? / Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by JoyousFurnitire(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2022
anonymuz:
you are correct bro. I personally knew how lyrically he was ahead of olamide. Though olamide is good as well.

He would give Olamide and the rest a tough time lyrically. Clearly he would diss them grin

Lyrical were I now.

1 Like

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by JoyousFurnitire(m): 5:56pm On May 10, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
trod is doing his best, he's trying to bring back dagrin's style of raps but he needs to understand he can't fit in..Dagrin was a talent and his gift was natural and wasn't imitating anybody

True Grins style is ever green. Even Grin would have done some blend of trap and cipher today, with good lyrics of course.

And if he choose to maintain his style, still a bang. The likes of Ghetto dreams etc etc are for the record.

I think TROD's problem is that he wants to make sense (sensible lyrics) of every record (DAGRIN effect). You'll know that from his songs titles.

1 Like

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by jimtemi1: 6:04pm On May 10, 2022
MrHighSea:
He made his on prints in the industry.

I wonder what people see in Portable.
what they saw was luck n grace
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by ABANGWABOI(m): 6:07pm On May 10, 2022
Rip Soulja Boy Aka Akogun aka CEO aka Barack OGrin aka Misofunyin aka Lyrical werey Aka Omo ita aka Omo Ogun..

2 Likes

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by baretalk: 6:11pm On May 10, 2022
You gave birth to a great man, an African prince, a shining star. Kudos.
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by greencard: 6:19pm On May 10, 2022
Sebastine1994:
So he is a legend because he died young.

It is this stupidity that makes this musician live fast life, because they want to die Young.

I don't even understand humans
Roddy rich ...
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by anonymuz(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

You clearly don't listen to Dagrin enough to agree that his songs are not promising at the global Ievel.

Mind you as at 07/10 internet and media wasn't what it is today. Look at the likes of lil kesh today not to talk of Dagrin.

Yes internet and media wasn't like this then, let me say music was being promoted street-while. I knew the struggle then as a media person and had a chance of producing him with an artist then. That guy was good lyrically.
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by VEHINTOLAR: 6:31pm On May 10, 2022
Sleep on Akogun ! O ma se o,Dagrin,badass lyrical omo ita of Miosofunyin Entertainment !
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by olufunmi01(m): 6:37pm On May 10, 2022
MrHighSea:
He made his on prints in the industry.

I wonder what people see in lPortable.
U no well angry
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Bbbw: 6:44pm On May 10, 2022
Oh
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Justinlean02(m): 6:53pm On May 10, 2022
Afonjakid:
Who is dagrin Never heard of him undecided
You're truly an AfonjaKid grin. Well he was a legend back in the days while still making hits (Upcoming). One of those that set the space of tunes you're relaxing to grin
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 10, 2022
Someone up there said dagrin is a legend
Legend In what exactly?
The way una dn abuse the word legend ehnn

1 Like

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by thecommunist(m): 7:20pm On May 10, 2022
Sometimes I wonder why Dagrin had to die. He would have gone places if not for death. Himself and Micheal Jackson were the only musician whose death made me cry for real.
God knows why sha.
Rest on Akogun!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by diplomat058(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2022
Sebastine1994:
So he is a legend because he died young.

It is this stupidity that makes this musician live fast life, because they want to die Young.

I don't even understand humans

He is a legend cos he made indigenous rap popular and sellable in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Bamijoko1(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2022
[quote author=SensualMan post=112701131]Dagrin was a local indegenous rap artiste whose song never looked promising internationally but gained waves in lagos only.

Take heart pops. I still did not understand the trash they were saying. Yoruba language makes me sick down to my stomach. [/quote

Ur brain is paining u right??
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Codeye(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2022
Kingzeez10:
Ghetto dreams and Everyday are my best of his songs.

Sometimes when I sleep and dreaming men, I Just dont wanna wake up
I realize dat Im married to the game,
And me and ma bItch will neva break up
Aimoye igba ti mo dide ti mo ti subu
Aimoye eebu tan ti pe mi loloriibu
Aimoye clubbin' ti mi i le afford one red bull
Aimoye many coloured T-Shirts but one red shoe
Aimoye aje, aimoye oso, aimoye many times ti mo n oplay free show
Aimoye igba tawon eyan ti ni kin n lo give up
Wo ni mo local, p'ona mi o ki n se Hip-Hop
But mo wa determined, mo de wa focused
T'ori e l'oruko mi se n spread bi Staphyllococus
N aimoye yawa, n aimoye insult
Aimoye je concorsion without no salt
Aimoye ala ti mo la pe mo di Celebrity
Ti n ba ji, ma a tun bere hustle loju titi
It's a pity, ijo wo ni mo fe ra Infinity?
Mo n dream lati fi aja se resident
Owo t'awon President n je lon encourage mi
Eepe t'awon eyan n se fun won lo n discourage mi
Mo ni dream lati di Pastor or woli
But everytime ni mo n mu sepe mo de'n fa kpoli
Mo ni dream lati believe bi Pasto Chris
But mo wa carried away pelu Efizi Ludacris
Mo'n dream lati mo'we bi Wole Soyinka
Bo problem ti mo ni, awon Sissy yi mi ka
Mo ni dream lti lo school ki n di Professor
Owo lo da mi duro bi'i bus t'awon ero fe'so
Mo ni dream lati play ball bi'i Kaka
Bo'ya to'o ba d'ola, won le sign me si Barca
But everytime ti'n ba de training, wa'a ni won a da'wo kaka/
But oro mi nigbayen, apo mi i o ti i saka
Yes Lord! Dont let me cry, Dont let me die(Please dont let me die)
I Pray for the Ghetto
Yeah, give them a future...
I got yo' back, So greatful.
Yeah.You got this men.
Look up to the sky, its a bright day...

RIP barrack o grin
Thank You!
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by ogelekpomgam(m): 7:29pm On May 10, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
I miss you Dagrin. I still remember your show back then in OAU in 2009 few months before your death. You promised to come back again in some months time but death took you away.
RIP Akogun
Lyrical Omo ita
Lyrical weree..got to know him and his music during my service year in Osun state around 2009... cry
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by VEHINTOLAR: 7:40pm On May 10, 2022
SensualMan:
Dagrin was a local indegenous rap artiste whose song never looked promising internationally but gained waves in lagos only.

Take heart pops. I still did not understand the trash they were saying. Yoruba language makes me sick down to my stomach.

Most imbecilic statement from the dirty cavity of a faecal oha drinking OSU ! Weyrey,is it that primitive,ape -like sounds you descendants of homo habilis make each time you open that your smelly cavity you regard as any language ? Na ogunlakaye go destroy that your OSU lineage ! Who cares if Yoruba language eventually sends you to meet your criminal father in hell !

Olori pelebe omo Igbo !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Afonjakid: 8:04pm On May 10, 2022
Justinlean02:
You're truly an AfonjaKid grin. Well he was a legend back in the days while still making hits (Upcoming). One of those that set the space of tunes you're relaxing to grin
I was born and brought up in Enugu
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by yetunsbay(m): 8:15pm On May 10, 2022
SensualMan:
Dagrin was a local indegenous rap artiste whose song never looked promising internationally but gained waves in lagos only.

Take heart pops. I still did not understand the trash they were saying. Yoruba language makes me sick down to my stomach.
and you will always be sick being listening to Yoruba.

Da grin we know .......Na who Sabi You motherfvcker ?
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by yetunsbay(m): 8:17pm On May 10, 2022
Werey plenty for 9ja. People go still dey beef a dead individual and most times they seems to be nonentity group.
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Rubicon67(m): 8:28pm On May 10, 2022
SensualMan:

You are one sick slowpoke with a brain and reasoning capacity of a concrete block.

People like you lack decency. It is clear you know nothing but hatred and maliciousness, even towards the dead. He is obviously more relevant even in death than you will ever be, alive.

Your misplaced tribal hatred will soon push you to go hug a high voltage transformer.
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Albertone(m): 9:31pm On May 10, 2022
Afonjakid:
Who is dagrin Never heard of him undecided

Indomie generation
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Albertone(m): 9:33pm On May 10, 2022
SensualMan:

It's obvious you're only beefing.He died in the early days of his career.He wasn't alive to make it internationally.
Atleast we know him.Who sabi your papa?Your family get celeb??

Yoruba is trash cos it's not your language right?Let us hear your own language.

Psycho!
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Albertone(m): 9:38pm On May 10, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Someone up there said dagrin is a legend
Legend In what exactly?
The way una dn abuse the word legend ehnn

Go school, you say na Weed house you wan go.
Go school again, you say na ashawo house you go go.

1 Like

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by OgunkeelAllMod: 9:45pm On May 10, 2022
SensualMan:

haba wetin na..mentioned one other Nigerian rapper with flow better than dagrin in any language... Vector?M.I abaga? LoL. Dagrin was good at delivering his rap in his native yoruba language (with plenty of slang, wordplay and ajasa , far better than any of his contemporary ..I know one Igbo man who said he thought dagrin was rapping (ponpon)in the normal America rapper English until he learned it was done in Yoruba language entirely.. forget,the guy was good,he get pattern
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Babastrong(m): 9:56pm On May 10, 2022
DA GRIN = Died After Getting Rich In Nigeria. R I P.
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 10, 2022
Albertone:

Go school, you say na Weed house you wan go.
Go school again, you say na ashawo house you go go.
man said famous
You must be an idiot
Na your mama I go see for whoreee house na undecided

1 Like

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by teepain: 10:23pm On May 10, 2022
Kingzeez10:
Ghetto dreams and Everyday are my best of his songs.

Sometimes when I sleep and dreaming men, I Just dont wanna wake up
I realize dat Im married to the game,
And me and ma bItch will neva break up
Aimoye igba ti mo dide ti mo ti subu
Aimoye eebu tan ti pe mi loloriibu
Aimoye clubbin' ti mi i le afford one red bull
Aimoye many coloured T-Shirts but one red shoe
Aimoye aje, aimoye oso, aimoye many times ti mo n oplay free show
Aimoye igba tawon eyan ti ni kin n lo give up
Wo ni mo local, p'ona mi o ki n se Hip-Hop
But mo wa determined, mo de wa focused
T'ori e l'oruko mi se n spread bi Staphyllococus
N aimoye yawa, n aimoye insult
Aimoye je concorsion without no salt
Aimoye ala ti mo la pe mo di Celebrity
Ti n ba ji, ma a tun bere hustle loju titi
It's a pity, ijo wo ni mo fe ra Infinity?
Mo n dream lati fi aja se resident
Owo t'awon President n je lon encourage mi
Eepe t'awon eyan n se fun won lo n discourage mi
Mo ni dream lati di Pastor or woli
But everytime ni mo n mu sepe mo de'n fa kpoli
Mo ni dream lati believe bi Pasto Chris
But mo wa carried away pelu Efizi Ludacris
Mo'n dream lati mo'we bi Wole Soyinka
Bo problem ti mo ni, awon Sissy yi mi ka
Mo ni dream lti lo school ki n di Professor
Owo lo da mi duro bi'i bus t'awon ero fe'so
Mo ni dream lati play ball bi'i Kaka
Bo'ya to'o ba d'ola, won le sign me si Barca
But everytime ti'n ba de training, wa'a ni won a da'wo kaka/
But oro mi nigbayen, apo mi i o ti i saka
Yes Lord! Dont let me cry, Dont let me die(Please dont let me die)
I Pray for the Ghetto
Yeah, give them a future...
I got yo' back, So greatful.
Yeah.You got this men.
Look up to the sky, its a bright day...

RIP barrack o grin

Solid lyrics

1 Like

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Hollyharjii: 10:55pm On May 10, 2022
Dagrin

Eesoro
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by 1876ad: 7:07am On May 11, 2022
[s]
Transcriber:
you obviously want attention undecided
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Donjazzy Shares His Experience At The Mayweather Vs Pacquiao Vegas Fight / Ifu Ennada: "My Ex Got Married 3 Weeks Ago & I Still Haven't Gotten Over Him" / D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.