Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Jiji Is Taking Down Bad Reviews And Leading To Buyers Falling Into Scam Plots - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jiji Is Taking Down Bad Reviews And Leading To Buyers Falling Into Scam Plots (629 Views)

Man Beats His 2-Month-Old Baby In Imo, Breaks His Arm Leading To Amputation / How jiji Is Encouraging Fraud And Not Reliable To Use / Boy Dies After Falling Into Gutter Carelessly Made By Julius Berger In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jiji Is Taking Down Bad Reviews And Leading To Buyers Falling Into Scam Plots by Pamela3000: 2:16pm On May 10, 2022
I recently made a purchase of a ringneck parrot (bird) on Jiji after reading the reviews. The reviews were suspicious, but the good ones made me give the seller a shot. 4 days after the purchase, the parrot died after showing symptoms of sickness. I was initially pleased with the speed of delivery so I gave the seller a good review but changed my review when I realized the scam.
What does Jiji do after the bad review? They delete my review.
The implication of this is that future buyers will fall into a similar loop of buying sick pets with this seller and the seller will not receive any consequence because there is no means of accountability on Jiji.
I have already accepted my loss, and all that is left is to do my civic duty by warning future buyers. But Jiji has decided to play heaven to the dishonest.
Please, if you must purchase on Jiji, take prevention methods to avoid being scammed.

This is the seller's page. King Oche[https:///sellerpage-229570] (type between the second and third /)

For Context - This is the Review I dropped.

I bought a bird from this seller on Sunday and on Thursday, the bird died. I was sold a sick bird. As of Sunday, I had 2 birds. The one I bought from the seller in quarantine, my original one out of the cage to play. I went to the vet to get drugs and advice to keep the two birds healthy on Monday. So aside from leaving one in a big enough cage, both were fed the exact same food, Millet, Corn, wheat, groundnut and a tiny piece of Mango at night. Basically, the diet of my first bird. Both were also given deworming liquid based on the vet's description and got vitamins based on the vet's prescription. Also, they both slept in the same temperature.
On the second night with the new parrot, I woke up to see her sleeping at the bottom of her cage. This is something that Parrots rarely do, except they are weak. I felt that there was a problem, but when I thought of my chances of getting a refund, I decided to hope that she will get better with time. After all, once she saw me watching her, she climbed back up into her cage's stand.

On Thursday, just 4 days after having her, I came home to find the bird I bought from this seller, dead. She had vomited several times and trashed around. You can draw your conclusions, but I am convinced that I was sold a sick bird. She might have had a virus. My original bird (I got it a year ago from a different seller) is still alive and healthy. I decided to try this seller because I saw just one good review, despite all the bad ones. So I hope this review helps someone avoid making a mistake.

The pictures below, are of my 1st parrot, Masumi (outside the cage) and my new parrot, Kiki (Inside the cage) on their first day together. And the second picture is Kiki, dead after just 4 days.

Re: Jiji Is Taking Down Bad Reviews And Leading To Buyers Falling Into Scam Plots by Pamela3000: 4:17pm On May 10, 2022
Don't worry that I held the dead bird. I washed my hands and disinfected them afterwards, as well as took out the cage and cleaned around to make sure that nothing happens to my first parrot. Then afterwards I went on antibiotics and started giving my bird vet prescribed antibiotics as well. Some nights I wonder if I had started the new bird on antibiotics first if she would be alive now.
Re: Jiji Is Taking Down Bad Reviews And Leading To Buyers Falling Into Scam Plots by Mystery9(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2022
It was through this same jiji that my Facebook account got hacked.

(1) (Reply)

Viral Video Of A Lady Accusing A Dsp Of Fct Police Command Of Attempted Rape / SAFETY ALERT: Gunmen Kidnap Female Passenger In Abeokuta / Shocking Moment Officers Open Fire On Fleeing Suspect But No Bullet Hit Him [vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.