Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Dear New Mothers... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear New Mothers... (1106 Views)

Older Nigerian Mothers On What They Would Do Differently As New Mothers / Annoying Superstitions African Mothers Tell New Mothers / The Top 10 Youngest Mothers In History And Their Ages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear New Mothers... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:40am On May 11, 2022
Dear mothers of newborns (0-12 months),

What's the average (Monthly) cost of raising your babies in these current economy considering the following:

Clothing
Diapering
Feeding
Body care

etc

*modified*

My main aim is that I'm coming up with a very genuine idea for all these costs to reduce even while ensuring your baby is well catered for.

Once I have a sizable number of responses, I'll share.

So if you're an expectant mother, follow this thread!

It might be the only solution you'll ever need!

2 Likes

Re: Dear New Mothers... by Ernesthugo(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2022
YOUR POCKET SIZE
GlorifiedTunde:

What's the average (Monthly) cost of raising your babies in these current economy considering the following:

Clothing
Diapering
Feeding
Body care

etc

3 Likes

Re: Dear New Mothers... by frozen70(f): 10:42pm On May 11, 2022
GlorifiedTunde:

Clothing
Diapering
Feeding
Body care

etc

If you Take these into consideration you won't go the way of parenthood

That's why it goes with responsibilities

This is one of the reasons why they said a married man is a responsible man

3 Likes

Re: Dear New Mothers... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:49pm On May 11, 2022
frozen70:

If you Take these into consideration you won't go the way of parenthood

That's why it goes with responsibilities

This is one of the reasons why they said a married man is a responsible man

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ok, I really want to have estimates though. If you can share.
Re: Dear New Mothers... by frozen70(f): 1:34am On May 12, 2022
GlorifiedTunde:

If that is the case
Start from antenatal registration and maternity drugs and food with clothes of the mother to be

That's where to start from

Then calculate delivery fees be it natural birth and CS

You can get the above mentioned from the hospital
Re: Dear New Mothers... by Naijaolosho2: 11:59am On May 12, 2022
GlorifiedTunde:

For your baby mama's child monthly upkeep abi
Re: Dear New Mothers... by Threesha(f): 5:27pm On May 12, 2022
GlorifiedTunde:

Clothing
Diapering
Feeding
Body care

etc
Re: Dear New Mothers... by Esthered: 6:38pm On May 12, 2022
Dear OP, it depends on your budget. I buy 2 diaper bags in the biggest size monthly as he was using 6 per day on average.
Clothing: I haven't spent much as my family gifted him clothes. I wear him till he outgrows them. Quality okrika.
Feeding: if your wife can do exclusive, let her go ahead as it's cost saving. I don't lactate well and now feed him with only one breast since he rejected the other since 2 months plus. He eats 1 tin of Nan1 for 5 days at most. We buy half carton at 16k monthly.
Body care: The things I bought before he was born, we're still using them and will last for couple of months.
Re: Dear New Mothers... by NoToPile: 10:07pm On May 12, 2022
Prices are fluid these days so whatever price we tell you will definitely change by next week.

For diapering budget 4-6 or 8 daily.

Baby milk, 1 pangolo every 3-6 days, maybe 8 days sha if the baby milk is just a supplement not the main meal, i.e the baby is majorly in breast milk.

Clothes - Your taste, okirika, aba, China new is available, the very quality US /Turkey ones too are there.

Body care- soaps there are nice baby liquid soaps, you can also use our local black soap when the baby is older.
For cream I prefer ori or coconut oil depending on the weather.

But what will gulp your money most is diapers grin. At least for baby milk you know it's food and the baby is eating it but that diapers ehn

All these are excluding antenatal, delivery and all other unforseen expenses in the course of raising a baby.
Re: Dear New Mothers... by GloriousGbola: 9:13pm On May 13, 2022
NoToPile:
Prices are fluid these days so whatever price we tell you will definitely change by next week.

Baby milk, 1 pangolo every 3-6 days, maybe 8 days sha if the baby milk is just a supplement not the main meal, i.e the baby is majorly in breast milk.

Clothes - Your taste, okirika, aba, China new is available, the very quality US /Turkey ones too are there.

Body care- soaps there are nice baby liquid soaps, you can also use our local black soap when the baby is older.

But what will gulp your money most is diapers grin. At least for baby milk you know it's food and the baby is eating it but that diapers ehn

All these are excluding antenatal, delivery and all other unforseen expenses in the course of raising a baby.

I no go lie, I thank God lady born is 5 and we have left diapers behind. In this Buhari economy.... Mehn!!!
Re: Dear New Mothers... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:45pm On May 14, 2022
frozen70:

If that is the case
Start from antenatal registration and maternity drugs and food with clothes of the mother to be

That's where to start from

Then calculate delivery fees be it natural birth and CS

You can get the above mentioned from the hospital

Hmmm.... can we skip the prenatal and antenatal care ma'am.

I would like to focus on the specific baby needs. How expensive in your calculations?
Re: Dear New Mothers... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:46pm On May 14, 2022
Threesha:

Thanks so much @Threesha this is quite the answer I need.

But can I ask if this is minimum?
Re: Dear New Mothers... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:48pm On May 14, 2022
Esthered:
Dear OP, it depends on your budget. I buy 2 diaper bags in the biggest size monthly as he was using 6 per day on average.
Clothing: I haven't spent much as my family gifted him clothes. I wear him till he outgrows them. Quality okrika.
Feeding: if your wife can do exclusive, let her go ahead as it's cost saving. I don't lactate well and now feed him with only one breast since he rejected the other since 2 months plus. He eats 1 tin of Nan1 for 5 days at most. We buy half carton at 16k monthly.

Phew! Great details Ma'am.

Can you put a figure to it please?

Body care: The things I bought before he was born, we're still using them and will last for couple of months.
Re: Dear New Mothers... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:49pm On May 14, 2022
NoToPile:

Wow! Thanks!

But can you put an estimate to it?
Re: Dear New Mothers... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:49pm On May 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I no go lie, I thank God lady born is 5 and we have left diapers behind. In this Buhari economy.... Mehn!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dear New Mothers... by NoToPile: 1:49pm On May 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

grin grin

So what should those people still buying pampers do oo. grin

1 Like

Re: Dear New Mothers... by NoToPile: 1:52pm On May 14, 2022
GlorifiedTunde:

Wow! Thanks!

But can you put an estimate to it?

Hmm in all honesty I really cant because taking care of a baby is not a kind of one off expense. So I don't really have a figure.

Just have a reasonable sizeable amount on ground and more inflowing income.

1 Like

Re: Dear New Mothers... by frozen70(f): 2:31pm On May 14, 2022
GlorifiedTunde:

Hmmm.... can we skip the prenatal and antenatal care ma'am.

I would like to focus on the specific baby needs. How expensive in your calculations?

My time is not your time because of the cost of baby items

But why do you want to start from petty things like baby stuff

Is that the only place you have issues with trying to go into family way
Re: Dear New Mothers... by Esthered: 2:53pm On May 14, 2022
[quote author=GlorifiedTunde post=112822393][/quote]
Diapers - 5700 ×2= 11400 but I go with 12k to avoid stories that touch.
Food: We bought 16k the last time as against 15k a month ago.
Clothes: Nil as I last bought during his dedication period and prior to 3 months as well as gifts received that he wears, some are big which are reserved for when he grows.
Body care: Whatever you buy can last more than a month. Buy the soap in packet like 4 in 1.......
The cost driver is his food as I don't intend to buy 2 bags of diapers this month but 1 only. I decided not to wear him diapers for the place to breath today as he's wearing a pant and lying on a pilch.
To be on a safe side, I budget 30k monthly for him. If I have any savings, it's to carry forward to the next month and bring the budget down if I haven't used the money for other things like wipes, comfort liquid

1 Like

Re: Dear New Mothers... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2022
frozen70:

My time is not your time because of the cost of baby items

But why do you want to start from petty things like baby stuff

Is that the only place you have issues with trying to go into family way

Lol. Sorry I already modified my topic, you'll get my intention from there.
Re: Dear New Mothers... by frozen70(f): 12:51am On May 15, 2022
GlorifiedTunde:

Lol. Sorry I already modified my topic, you'll get my intention from there.

I don tire
Re: Dear New Mothers... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:10pm On May 15, 2022
frozen70:

I don tire

cheesy cheesy

Don't be please ��
Re: Dear New Mothers... by Whois(m): 4:47pm On May 15, 2022
Baby formula is the most expensive expenses you'll face when taking care of anew born so it's best to go exclusive breastfeeding just make sure mother eats well for the first six months (to save cost of buying baby formula). For pampers budget two packs monthly. 36 in one pack. A pack is sold for average of 3k. You don't need much baby clothes cus they outgrown it fast. . 3k toiletries should last for about 3months. They're other miscellaneous stuff like drugs, mosquito repellent etc so I'd suggest you budget 10k monthly
Re: Dear New Mothers... by Threesha(f): 2:06pm On May 16, 2022
GlorifiedTunde:

Thanks so much @Threesha this is quite the answer I need.

But can I ask if this is minimum?
There is minimum because this was what my sister spend and I asked her and she gave me the amount quoted above

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Heart Warming Photos Of Couples At Old Age / Her Husband And Side Chick Had An Accident, What Is Your Take On This? / Is My Marriage A Blessing Or A Curse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.