Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. (42795 Views)

Under 35 CEOs: I Started My Real Estate Company in the University - Arnold / What Business Can I Set Up With N600k? / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:41pm On May 11, 2022
timsucess:

Bro good evening
Am a jw too
Can you please teach me content writing and proof reading

Send a message
chatinent@gmail.com

I'll be glad to help
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:41pm On May 11, 2022
nams77:

I started fit far more less. I started with less than 20k sef.

Maybe I will share the story

Nice one chatinent
Thanks
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:42pm On May 11, 2022
richmote:

Where are you based

Imo, Togo, Abia
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by richmote: 8:46pm On May 11, 2022
nams77:

I started fit far more less. I started with less than 20k sef.

Maybe I will share the story

Nice one chatinent
Are you into ok shoes as well

Where is your location
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by yankison(m): 8:47pm On May 11, 2022
[quote author=chatinent post=112727653]After school, I worked a while. I was this hardworking chap who wouldn't like any errors or queries attached to my name at work for any reasons. I came very early, did my duties in time, and due to my religious obligations as one of Jehovah's Witness, I was honest in all my dealings.

The job itself was a leopard’s tree. Since it was a private business, and the manager a very greedy man who loots the chief oga at whim, trust me, your honesty is a turn-off.

The work was becoming unbecoming and I couldn't continue wasting my life for a 7-5 job. It wasn't like the salary befitted the workload!

I had to quit!

I also had one small car I bought when I no dey think of anything. I sold it and used part of it to buy a land like that. I had saved some N800k already. So I paid my rent with N200k.
So here's what I did:

I thought of a business that'll likely yield profit immediately, and around my budget. I had been to Togo and remembered how selling First Grade OK shoes was the new gold for students and people who wanted a side hustle.

I travelled down there then and returned with 100 pairs of OK shoes. As at then, I bought it for N370k.

N370k + logistics rounded the money up to N400k.

Now, I put the goods in one room in my apartment and the chase for a shop began. Since I couldn't afford those ones of N1m that where located at the heart of the business in my location, I opted for an affordable one.

In fact, everything for the rent was some 180k.

Omo, looking for a shop no bi beans.

I did the painting and decor, carpentry (learnt in school), and electricals (learnt in school).

Materials I bought was some N15k. I was left with N5k or less.

Breakthrough
As I cleaned and sampled my petty goods, some customers were already purchasing. Mehn, after the whole stress that day, I made N30k.

In fact, it was then I said I wouldn't work for anyone and be answering “sir” upandan. I'm quite hardworking and in a short time, from retailing...I began ordering in tonnes and have a warehouse.

It has been easy as it is written here but I have seen people ask if N600k can make any profit. Yes, it can. I also do some side hustles like research writing, proofreading, hardware repairs on PC and tracking of lost devices, computer consultancy, and work as an academic assistant.

So I think it all depends on you! Maybe I have not reached the height I want to reach, just mehn, the way my life every year becomes better than the last no bi beans. As a first son, and to say my nuclear family bi like an extended family, I know I am trying...cos it's not easy at all to carry many people's responsibility as yours.

I sent you an email i need your link to get shoes and bags per bale ..first grade for my wife shop pls .
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by garriAndsugar: 8:47pm On May 11, 2022
NamelessOGBENI:

But OP is not an igbo man and the stereotype is not helping matters.
Na Aba boy be that oh
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by karzyharsky(m): 8:48pm On May 11, 2022
Instead of using the 600k carry 2odd
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:49pm On May 11, 2022
[quote author=yankison post=112740105][/quote]

I have responded.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:49pm On May 11, 2022
richmote:

Are you into ok shoes as well

Where is your location

Yes.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by KingMack(m): 8:50pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:
After school, I worked a while. I was this hardworking chap who wouldn't like any errors or queries attached to my name at work for any reasons. I came very early, did my duties in time, and due to my religious obligations as one of Jehovah's Witness, I was honest in all my dealings.

The job itself was a leopard’s tree. Since it was a private business, and the manager a very greedy man who loots the chief oga at whim, trust me, your honesty is a turn-off.

The work was becoming unbecoming and I couldn't continue wasting my life for a 7-5 job. It wasn't like the salary befitted the workload!

I had to quit!

I also had one small car I bought when I no dey think of anything. I sold it and used part of it to buy a land like that. I had saved some N800k already. So I paid my rent with N200k.
So here's what I did:

I thought of a business that'll likely yield profit immediately, and around my budget. I had been to Togo and remembered how selling First Grade OK shoes was the new gold for students and people who wanted a side hustle.

I travelled down there then and returned with 100 pairs of OK shoes. As at then, I bought it for N370k.

Now, I put the goods in one room in my apartment and the chase for a shop began. Since I couldn't afford those ones of N1m that where located at the heart of the business in my location, I opted for an affordable one.

I did the painting and decor, carpentry (learnt in school), and electricals (learnt in school).

Breakthrough
As I cleaned and sampled my petty goods, some customers were already purchasing. Mehn, after the whole stress that day, I made N30k.

In fact, it was then I said I wouldn't work for anyone and be answering “sir” upandan. I'm quite hardworking and in a short time, from retailing...I began ordering in tonnes and have a warehouse.

It has been easy as it is written here but I have seen people ask if N600k can make any profit. Yes, it can. I also do some side hustles like research writing, proofreading, hardware repairs on PC and tracking of lost devices, computer consultancy, and work as an academic assistant.

So I think it all depends on you! Maybe I have not reached the height I want to reach, just mehn, the way my life every year becomes better than the last no bi beans. As a first son, and to say my nuclear family bi like an extended family, I know I am trying...cos it's not easy at all to carry many people's responsibility as yours.

Op I'll love to have your number..I want to go into shoe biz as well. How can I reach you pls?
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:51pm On May 11, 2022
KingMack:

Op I'll love to have your number..I want to go into shoe biz as well. How can I reach you pls?

chatinent@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:53pm On May 11, 2022
Connected1:
Your story is motivative.

But the part I don't like is you saying you have so much responsibilities ( I know wetin some of us dae face if we see 300k, conscience no go allow you nor drop money when family drop billing) and that you are honest.

No business man is honest bro and you are not from a poor family else to save 600k go hard oh unless you don setup your younger ones but I love your ambitious mindset, it's inspiring.

You don't know my family,bro.

Relax. It's about me not about my family. I am a hard worker.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:55pm On May 11, 2022
[quote author=Peterqq post=112735771][/quote]
chatinent@gmail.com
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:55pm On May 11, 2022
Prozico22:

bro know vex from togo to nigeria with hundred pairs of shoes for 30k logistic abeg wetin you enter

Relax bro. Na who know the way dey enter.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:59pm On May 11, 2022
Foundwealth001:
Hi,
An anonymous person will like to support you with a token. Keep the hussling real, you will surely breakthrough in little or no time.
Make your bitcoin wallet address available if you have one.

3LukkXQPR8BV4daspgj6g4DJrnQFJtYHwL
Thanks chief
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by KingMack(m): 9:00pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:

chatinent@gmail.com

Thank you.. I'll be in touch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:01pm On May 11, 2022
Chychee:
You really worked hard for this.
Glad it paid off!
God bless your hustles man.
Thanks
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Kajaard: 9:02pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:

The story no mean say I don make am sha. I'm just clearing some stereotypes that any amount of money is small for business. As per say I don't support yahoo yahoo, I'm not hustling to be big, bro. I'm hustling to be able to afford my needs without having to affect others.

Some pictures of the quality I sell. Although it's per bale .

Post: https://www.chatinent.com/2022/05/i-started-my-business-with-n600k-heres.html?m=1

Nice one. Keep the hustle bro. Your breakthrough is not far off. I love seeing hardworking young men. A positive look from the good for nothing, lazy ass kids interested in yahoo yahoo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:11pm On May 11, 2022
generalwo:
What about us wen no get 600k but we have 600k responsibilities hanging over our shoulders every month, all depending on our 5 figures salary?? What do we do... How do we cope?? Advise please!!

Do what you can do and don't kill yourself over what isn't fully your responsibility.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Greatdand007(m): 9:11pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:
After school, I worked a while. I was this hardworking chap who wouldn't like any errors or queries attached to my name at work for any reasons. I came very early, did my duties in time, and due to my religious obligations as one of Jehovah's Witness, I was honest in all my dealings.

The job itself was a leopard’s tree. Since it was a private business, and the manager a
very greedy man who loots the chief oga at whim, trust me, your honesty is a turn-off.

I had to quit!

So here's what I did:

Breakthrough

Chai with what you list only you do all that omo you go don get money pass dangote o
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Bencolink: 9:11pm On May 11, 2022
Nice and inspiring story... I've been thinking of how I will invest my 1mil wisely without making mistake... It's one in a like time opportunity for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:14pm On May 11, 2022
Connected1:

We are saying different things.

He might not have a family to support him but he doesn't have much responsibility like he's trying to exaggerate.

It's either he sidelined them or they can fend for themselves and he just have to give them little supports.

I am sure you saw the part where I told him that all business men are not honest, you only took the part that pained you and you started to paint me red.

Most persons didn't suffer as much as they claimed, who went through the process can spot the little lies.

You don't know me bro.

I legitly hawked carpet in Lagos traffic.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:14pm On May 11, 2022
Jaaqofalltrade:
I think we need to connect brother. Please drop your digits
chatinent@gmail.com
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Richieurch(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:

I had to quit!

So here's what I did:

Breakthrough

OP how do I contact you in respect of tracking a device and the cost
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by whatalife: 9:17pm On May 11, 2022
@chatinent,
What an inspiring story, please help a brother I want to learn phone tracking. Please
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:20pm On May 11, 2022
Bencolink:
Nice and inspiring story... I've been thinking of how I will invest my 1mil wisely without making mistake... It's one in a like time opportunity for me.

I can help you.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:20pm On May 11, 2022
whatalife:
@chatinent,
What an inspiring story, please help a brother I want to learn phone tracking. Please

It is not an easy thing bro to learn online.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:21pm On May 11, 2022
Richieurch:

OP how do I contact you in respect of tracking a device and the cost

chatinent@gmail.com
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Marpol2021(m): 9:24pm On May 11, 2022
:oop, ororo dey your head oooo...
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Evaloyal2J(f): 9:26pm On May 11, 2022
More blessings to you my spiritual brother

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by AgboC: 9:32pm On May 11, 2022
Guy, please I will like us to connect so I can get some info from u? This is my WhatsApp number. 08143969511. I will be glad to have u.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:35pm On May 11, 2022
Marpol2021:
:oop, ororo dey your head oooo...

Thanks, brotherly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady / Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire / Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.