Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. (42798 Views)

Under 35 CEOs: I Started My Real Estate Company in the University - Arnold / What Business Can I Set Up With N600k? / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by dvkot(m): 6:50am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:

Random, yes.
male or female?
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by faithfull18(f): 6:55am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:

The story no mean say I don make am sha. I'm just clearing some stereotypes that any amount of money is small for business. As per say I don't support yahoo yahoo, I'm not hustling to be big, bro. I'm hustling to be able to afford my needs without having to affect others.

Some pictures of the quality I sell. Although it's per bale .

Post: https://www.chatinent.com/2022/05/i-started-my-business-with-n600k-heres.html?m=1
What size is the last picture?
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by SouthySoil: 7:14am On May 12, 2022
Boss I sent u a DM.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Shedah: 8:12am On May 12, 2022
This a nice one. More success.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by timsucess(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:

Send a message
chatinent@gmail.com

I'll be glad to help
Ok bro I will
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by pocohantas(f): 9:39am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:

Post: https://www.chatinent.com/2022/05/i-started-my-business-with-n600k-heres.html?m=1

Jisike nna. Very enlightening and motivating thread. I like this one. Is it available in 39? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:43am On May 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Jisike nna. Very enlightening and motivating thread. I like this one. Is it available in 39? grin

Thanks a bunch.
I think it's just in size 37.

1 Like

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by iHart(m): 10:02am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:

The story no mean say I don make am sha. I'm just clearing some stereotypes that any amount of money is small for business. As per say I don't support yahoo yahoo, I'm not hustling to be big, bro. I'm hustling to be able to afford my needs without having to affect others.

Good but it's not enough to post one or two shoes. Since you now buy in tonnes, and have a warehouse, can we see small picture. What if we want to visit you to make some purchases, what can we meet you?
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Jackbowl: 10:11am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:
After school, I worked a while. I was this hardworking chap who wouldn't like any errors or queries attached to my name at work for any reasons. I came very early, did my duties in time, and due to my religious obligations as one of Jehovah's Witness, I was honest in all my dealings.

The job itself was a leopard’s tree. Since it was a private business, and the manager a very greedy man who loots the chief oga at whim, trust me, your honesty is a turn-off.

The work was becoming unbecoming and I couldn't continue wasting my life for a 7-5 job. It wasn't like the salary befitted the workload!

I had to quit!

I also had one small car I bought when I no dey think of anything. I sold it and used part of it to buy a land like that. I had saved some N800k already. So I paid my rent with N200k.
So here's what I did:

I thought of a business that'll likely yield profit immediately, and around my budget. I had been to Togo and remembered how selling First Grade OK shoes was the new gold for students and people who wanted a side hustle.

I travelled down there then and returned with 100 pairs of OK shoes. As at then, I bought it for N370k.

N370k + logistics rounded the money up to N400k.

Now, I put the goods in one room in my apartment and the chase for a shop began. Since I couldn't afford those ones of N1m that where located at the heart of the business in my location, I opted for an affordable one.

In fact, everything for the rent was some 180k.

Omo, looking for a shop no bi beans.

I did the painting and decor, carpentry (learnt in school), and electricals (learnt in school).

Materials I bought was some N15k. I was left with N5k or less.

Breakthrough
As I cleaned and sampled my petty goods, some customers were already purchasing. Mehn, after the whole stress that day, I made N30k.

In fact, it was then I said I wouldn't work for anyone and be answering “sir” upandan. I'm quite hardworking and in a short time, from retailing...I began ordering in tonnes and have a warehouse.

It has been easy as it is written here but I have seen people ask if N600k can make any profit. Yes, it can. I also do some side hustles like research writing, proofreading, hardware repairs on PC and tracking of lost devices, computer consultancy, and work as an academic assistant.

So I think it all depends on you! Maybe I have not reached the height I want to reach, just mehn, the way my life every year becomes better than the last no bi beans. As a first son, and to say my nuclear family bi like an extended family, I know I am trying...cos it's not easy at all to carry many people's responsibility as yours.

This is quite inspiring and real to life situation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by MJ01: 10:14am On May 12, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Daddyboy21: 10:20am On May 12, 2022
Iyaomolere4:
How will I make the 600k first

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by amadasunfarm(m): 10:21am On May 12, 2022
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by platinumray: 10:29am On May 12, 2022
God will bless you hustle
chatinent:
After school, I worked a while. I was this hardworking chap who wouldn't like any errors or queries attached to my name at work for any reasons. I came very early, did my duties in time, and due to my religious obligations as one of Jehovah's Witness, I was honest in all my dealings.

The job itself was a leopard’s tree. Since it was a private business, and the manager a very greedy man who loots the chief oga at whim, trust me, your honesty is a turn-off.

The work was becoming unbecoming and I couldn't continue wasting my life for a 7-5 job. It wasn't like the salary befitted the workload!

I had to quit!

I also had one small car I bought when I no dey think of anything. I sold it and used part of it to buy a land like that. I had saved some N800k already. So I paid my rent with N200k.
So here's what I did:

I thought of a business that'll likely yield profit immediately, and around my budget. I had been to Togo and remembered how selling First Grade OK shoes was the new gold for students and people who wanted a side hustle.

I travelled down there then and returned with 100 pairs of OK shoes. As at then, I bought it for N370k.

Now, I put the goods in one room in my apartment and the chase for a shop began. Since I couldn't afford those ones of N1m that where located at the heart of the business in my location, I opted for an affordable one.

I did the painting and decor, carpentry (learnt in school), and electricals (learnt in school).

Breakthrough
As I cleaned and sampled my petty goods, some customers were already purchasing. Mehn, after the whole stress that day, I made N30k.

In fact, it was then I said I wouldn't work for anyone and be answering “sir” upandan. I'm quite hardworking and in a short time, from retailing...I began ordering in tonnes and have a warehouse.

It has been easy as it is written here but I have seen people ask if N600k can make any profit. Yes, it can. I also do some side hustles like research writing, proofreading, hardware repairs on PC and tracking of lost devices, computer consultancy, and work as an academic assistant.

So I think it all depends on you! Maybe I have not reached the height I want to reach, just mehn, the way my life every year becomes better than the last no bi beans. As a first son, and to say my nuclear family bi like an extended family, I know I am trying...cos it's not easy at all to carry many people's responsibility as yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by happyjuliet(f): 10:35am On May 12, 2022
Good one bro. Where is your shop located at?
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Asianjollof007: 11:34am On May 12, 2022
Slynation:
Do you know writing business ideas can fetch you money also...?? I know how much I made alone by partnering someone to kick start a business....You can sell ideas to people as well and be a part of the business

Yeah, i know about that but you can also have the idea and have no means of sharing it. You need to be connected and be in the right environment, i have shared my idea with so many people that gave me nothing in return. You need money to make money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by sivel(m): 12:06pm On May 12, 2022
Resting like the business is grounded?

I've been resting for a while now but am thinking of restarting same venture again, soonest.[/quote]
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by MhizGladys(f): 5:53pm On May 12, 2022
Please follow on I.G

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:16pm On May 12, 2022
happyjuliet:
Good one bro. Where is your shop located at?

Imo, Aba, Togo

1 Like

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by sammyscholar(m): 7:01am On May 13, 2022
chatinent:

I had to quit!

So here's what I did:

Breakthrough

Nice story!

Where are you based?
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:03am On May 13, 2022
sammyscholar:
Nice story!

Where are you based?

Imo, Abia, Togo
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by happyjuliet(f): 10:40am On May 13, 2022
Thought is in Lagos, Good work bro.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Tundex911: 12:37pm On May 14, 2022
You be JW

next please
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by donproject2(m): 8:02pm On May 17, 2022
chatinent:

Yes, I can.

Why Togo? That's why you meet the business in large quantities.

Boss, can we share contacts, I need to discuss with you if you don't mind.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 8:17pm On May 17, 2022
donproject2:

Boss, can we share contacts, I need to discuss with you if you don't mind.

chatinent@gmail.com
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by ChiefOkporghe: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2023
chatinent:

I had to quit!

So here's what I did:

Breakthrough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Darlington Nwabunike: Meet the 'King of Billionaires' / Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.