Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. (42807 Views)

Under 35 CEOs: I Started My Real Estate Company in the University - Arnold / What Business Can I Set Up With N600k? / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by whatalife: 9:35pm On May 11, 2022
I once started some stuff before but am will to learn sir , just guide me on the path . Can I send you an email sir
chatinent:

It is not an easy thing bro to learn online.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Ogborokiri(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:

Send a message
chatinent@gmail.com

I'll be glad to help
see my people brother am interested

Ogborokiri@gmail.com
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:40pm On May 11, 2022
whatalife:
I once started some stuff before but am will to learn sir , just guide me on the path . Can I send you an email sir

Sure
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 9:40pm On May 11, 2022
Ogborokiri:
see my people brother am interested

Ogborokiri@gmail.com

You wanna buy? smiley
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:44pm On May 11, 2022
garriAndsugar:

Na Aba boy be that oh
E clear
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by whatalife: 9:53pm On May 11, 2022
Sent you a mail
chatinent:

Sure
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Jaaqofalltrade(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2022
Check mail
chatinent:

chatinent@gmail.com
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by donald1010(m): 10:06pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:
After school, I worked a while. I was this hardworking chap who wouldn't like any errors or queries attached to my name at work for any reasons. I came very early, did my duties in time, and due to my religious obligations as one of Jehovah's Witness, I was honest in all my dealings.

The job itself was a leopard’s tree. Since it was a private business, and the manager a very greedy man who loots the chief oga at whim, trust me, your honesty is a turn-off.

The work was becoming unbecoming and I couldn't continue wasting my life for a 7-5 job. It wasn't like the salary befitted the workload!

I had to quit!

I also had one small car I bought when I no dey think of anything. I sold it and used part of it to buy a land like that. I had saved some N800k already. So I paid my rent with N200k.
So here's what I did:

I thought of a business that'll likely yield profit immediately, and around my budget. I had been to Togo and remembered how selling First Grade OK shoes was the new gold for students and people who wanted a side hustle.

I travelled down there then and returned with 100 pairs of OK shoes. As at then, I bought it for N370k.

N370k + logistics rounded the money up to N400k.

Now, I put the goods in one room in my apartment and the chase for a shop began. Since I couldn't afford those ones of N1m that where located at the heart of the business in my location, I opted for an affordable one.

In fact, everything for the rent was some 180k.

Omo, looking for a shop no bi beans.

I did the painting and decor, carpentry (learnt in school), and electricals (learnt in school).

Materials I bought was some N15k. I was left with N5k or less.

Breakthrough
As I cleaned and sampled my petty goods, some customers were already purchasing. Mehn, after the whole stress that day, I made N30k.

In fact, it was then I said I wouldn't work for anyone and be answering “sir” upandan. I'm quite hardworking and in a short time, from retailing...I began ordering in tonnes and have a warehouse.

It has been easy as it is written here but I have seen people ask if N600k can make any profit. Yes, it can. I also do some side hustles like research writing, proofreading, hardware repairs on PC and tracking of lost devices, computer consultancy, and work as an academic assistant.

So I think it all depends on you! Maybe I have not reached the height I want to reach, just mehn, the way my life every year becomes better than the last no bi beans. As a first son, and to say my nuclear family bi like an extended family, I know I am trying...cos it's not easy at all to carry many people's responsibility as yours.

Hello, I'm indeed glad you made the bold move. I'm also looking to do same.. Please can I write you on whatsapp, I'd love to discuss more with you.. My contact number is 07068623739..
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Archworld(m): 10:06pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:

We use air cargo.

Thanks . People like you keep me on nairaland with your business inspiring stories
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by dvkot(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:

I travelled down there then and returned with 100 pairs of OK shoes. As at then, I bought it for N370k.

Quick question boss.
The 100 pairs of shoes were they of random sizes of is there a particular size you are focused on?
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by LincolnOnyeabor: 10:26pm On May 11, 2022
How are you able to combine your business and your writing service??

Do you have sales persons or what??
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Kunja2: 10:31pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:

How much I buy or how much I sell?

I'm not in Lagos. I have shops in Abia and Imo, and then Togo.
oh! You sell? How much please and how many pairs does it contain
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Munzy14(m): 10:47pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:
After school, I worked a while. I was this hardworking chap who wouldn't like any errors or queries attached to my name at work for any reasons. I came very early, did my duties in time, and due to my religious obligations as one of Jehovah's Witness, I was honest in all my dealings.

The job itself was a leopard’s tree. Since it was a private business, and the manager a very greedy man who loots the chief oga at whim, trust me, your honesty is a turn-off.

The work was becoming unbecoming and I couldn't continue wasting my life for a 7-5 job. It wasn't like the salary befitted the workload!

I had to quit!

I also had one small car I bought when I no dey think of anything. I sold it and used part of it to buy a land like that. I had saved some N800k already. So I paid my rent with N200k.
So here's what I did:

I thought of a business that'll likely yield profit immediately, and around my budget. I had been to Togo and remembered how selling First Grade OK shoes was the new gold for students and people who wanted a side hustle.

Now, I put the goods in one room in my apartment and the chase for a shop began. Since I couldn't afford those ones of N1m that where located at the heart of the business in my location, I opted for an affordable one.

I did the painting and decor, carpentry (learnt in school), and electricals (learnt in school).

Breakthrough
As I cleaned and sampled my petty goods, some customers were already purchasing. Mehn, after the whole stress that day, I made N30k.

In fact, it was then I said I wouldn't work for anyone and be answering “sir” upandan. I'm quite hardworking and in a short time, from retailing...I began ordering in tonnes and have a warehouse.

It has been easy as it is written here but I have seen people ask if N600k can make any profit. Yes, it can. I also do some side hustles like research writing, proofreading, hardware repairs on PC and tracking of lost devices, computer consultancy, and work as an academic assistant.

So I think it all depends on you! Maybe I have not reached the height I want to reach, just mehn, the way my life every year becomes better than the last no bi beans. As a first son, and to say my nuclear family bi like an extended family, I know I am trying...cos it's not easy at all to carry many people's responsibility as yours.

Oops! I went straight to reading...Then saw the boss hailing and behold Chati.. cheesy

Not bad bro...Life of a hustler and a first son..

Na wife remain for you... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Munzy14(m): 10:49pm On May 11, 2022
Bar1941:
Congratulations, your success story is realistic, unlike those motivational speakers that will say they started there restaurants with a cup of rice.
And one tomato fruit... grin grin
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by akaahs(m): 10:51pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:

I had to quit!

So here's what I did:

Breakthrough

So I think it all depends on you! Maybe I have not reached the height I want to reach, just mehn, the way my life every year becomes better than the last no bi beans.
*As a first son, and to say my nuclear family bi like an extended family, I know I am trying...cos it's not easy at all to carry many people's responsibility as yours*.

Na the last paragraph dey kill me. I still have like hundred thousand plus on my head for my siblings school fees aswear.
I want start business but calls now and then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Funkybabee(f): 11:09pm On May 11, 2022
More sales bro
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by generalwo(m): 11:13pm On May 11, 2022
Paramount01:

What 600k can't handle 500k will likewise not handle it

Why not discipline yourself so that u can save 100k from that 600k since the 600k can also not handle what u want, then invest with what u save
..... Bros, e be like you no read my post well o.... Shikum no dey!!
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 11:28pm On May 11, 2022
Munzy14:

Oops! I went straight to reading...Then saw the boss hailing and behold Chati.. cheesy

Not bad bro...Life of a hustler and a first son..

Na wife remain for you... cheesy

Cheif, I hail.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 11:28pm On May 11, 2022
Kunja2:
oh! You sell? How much please and how many pairs does it contain

100 pairs for 270k last
dvkot:

Quick question boss.
The 100 pairs of shoes were they of random sizes of is there a particular size you are focused on?

Random, yes.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Slynation(m): 11:30pm On May 11, 2022
Asianjollof007:
It's because you have the capital, a lot of people have better business ideas with no capital. This life, have money.
Do you know writing business ideas can fetch you money also...?? I know how much I made alone by partnering someone to kick start a business....You can sell ideas to people as well and be a part of the business
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by oluxy(m): 11:53pm On May 11, 2022
chatinent:

I had to quit!

So here's what I did:

Breakthrough

The tracking of phone!
Ur email?
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 12:02am On May 12, 2022
oluxy:

The tracking of phone!
Ur email?

chatinent@gmail.com
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Loveisnotenough: 12:15am On May 12, 2022
Very Good. Order original Fan Jersey here.

https://onlythefamilydigital.bumpa.shop
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Mozenge1: 12:37am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:

I had to quit!

So here's what I did:

Breakthrough

Hello sir please I need to know about tracking of Devices. Like how can I start it ? I’m damn looking for a business to start up.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by lebete3000: 4:20am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:

I had to quit!

So here's what I did:

Breakthrough

The State you are go also depend.

I'm guessing that is Lagos.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:12am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:

I'm not hustling to be big, bro. I'm hustling to be able to afford my needs without having to affect others.

I just love this, and i wish every young Nigerian would begin to reason like this!

With that, crime in Nigeria and by Nigerians would drastically reduce to an insignificant level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:17am On May 12, 2022
garriAndsugar:
When I hear igbo men talking about honesty.. I usually laugh grin

You're an idiot!

I'm an Igbo man, and i'm honest.

The first and last criminal that ran away with my money here is a Yoruba boy

So, stop this inherited foolish mindset.

1 Like

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Oshiogwemoh(m): 5:38am On May 12, 2022
chatinent:

I had to quit!

So here's what I did:

Breakthrough

So I think it all depends on you! Maybe I have not reached the height I want to reach, just mehn, the way my life every year becomes better than the last no bi beans. As a first son, and to say my nuclear family bi like an extended family, I know I am trying...cos it's not easy at all to carry many people's responsibility as yours
more grease to your elbow! loke loke.

Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by nams77: 5:40am On May 12, 2022
richmote:

Are you into ok shoes as well

Where is your location
No bro
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by chatinent: 6:22am On May 12, 2022
Mozenge1:

Hello sir please I need to know about tracking of Devices. Like how can I start it ? I’m damn looking for a business to start up.

It's very expensive to learn online.
Re: I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. by Abiodunspectre(m): 6:45am On May 12, 2022
Your story is worth emulating. Meanwhile nothing beats the sound quality of the new Oraimo FreePods Pro earbuds. It has an amazing battery life and a noise cancellation feature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Darlington Nwabunike: Meet the 'King of Billionaires' / Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.