Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,400 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? (425 Views)

"Hope Uzodinma Can't Win Election In Imo" - Okorocha / Atiku Vs Buhari: Agbakoba Reveals Who Should Win Election, Gives Reasons / Osun Rerun: Why Adeleke Can’t Win Election Even With Omisore’s Support – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by helinues: 1:17pm On May 12, 2022
I am just curious how much money would be needed for a presidential candidate to win election in Nigeria...After the primary, any presidential adverts on major news media should cost nothing less than N5m.

Chattering of private jet to tour Nigeria, the campaign in all the 36 states, having agents in all the 700+ local government.

That should be around N20bn, my roughly estimation though
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by obi4eze(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2022
Maybe about that amount. But the concern as always should be the source of the money.
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by helinues: 1:19pm On May 12, 2022
obi4eze:
Maybe about that amount. But the concern as always should be the source of the money.

They have friends and allies to support in form of investment
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by VladimirPutiin(m): 1:24pm On May 12, 2022
helinues:
I am just curious how much money would be needed for a presidential candidate to win election in Nigeria...After the primary, any presidential adverts on major news media should cost nothing less than N5m.

Chattering of private jet to tour Nigeria, the campaign in all the 36 states, having agents in all the 700+ local government.

It should be more than bro. You forgot to add the traditional rulers, lobbying the international community and a whole lots of underground works. It sure costs more than that.
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by hopman98: 1:39pm On May 12, 2022
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by silvoclaira: 1:49pm On May 12, 2022
It should be around 40billion dollars there about...
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by obi4eze(m): 2:55pm On May 12, 2022
helinues:

They have friends and allies to support in form of investment

Lol. Then when they get the position how do they pay back the investment?
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by DaveHarry(m): 4:05pm On May 12, 2022
silvoclaira:
It should be around 40billion dollars there about...
4 wetin....how much is our national budget
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by Cholls(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2022
My brother you can't put a price on it. This is bcuz there are some power that be, that even after putting you into office, you still pay them after your tenure in the office ends.
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 4:24pm On May 12, 2022
helinues:

20 billion too cheap

Unless you are peter obi or buhari, those two no like spending.......

You roughly need 50 billion to win an election in Nigeria
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by helinues: 1:55pm On May 13, 2022
Kyase:

20 billion too cheap

Unless you are peter obi or buhari, those two no like spending.......

You roughly need 50 billion to win an election in Nigeria

Oh boy, that one kefty ooo

grin cheesy
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 2:00pm On May 13, 2022
helinues:

Depends on a lot of factors

How popular are you ? ,
Are the power brokers with your or against you?your natural free support base

Are the present government ( president ) willing to back you

If all is in other even 10 billion can get it done but if not it can cost over 100bn
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by helinues: 2:06pm On May 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

Depends on a lot of factors

How popular are you ? ,
Are the power brokers with your or against you?your natural free support base

Are the present government ( president ) willing to back you

If all is in other even 10 billion can get it done but if not it can cost over 100bn

Funnily, a governorship candidate in the last election spent more than N5bn and still loss.

Those factors you listed actually play lot of roles
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 2:09pm On May 13, 2022
helinues:

Funnily, a governorship candidate in the last election spent more than N5bn and still loss.

Those factors you listed actually play lot of roles
To win election you either need to have one of this two factor

The support of the masses ( overwhelming majority)
Or support of the power brokers

Preferably the two

Without one of this it would be difficult no matter how much you spend
Re: How Much Would It Cost A Presidential Candidate To Win Election In Nigeria? by 1877ome: 6:53am On May 14, 2022
[s]
helinues:

Oh boy, that one kefty ooo

grin cheesy
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Car Stolen Inside Apc Office. / Emefiele Sacked / Amaechi To Be Buhari's Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.