Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? (4294 Views)

Buhari Blames Economic Woes On Past Leaders / Buhari Will Not Probe Past Leaders – Oyegun / Boko Haram Should Be Allow To Capture More Towns Until After The 2015 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Justcash(m): 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2011
jason123:

If you had taken you time to read my reply,I can bet you would not have asked this question.
In short, dream or no dream, the North are ENJOYING Nigeria and they do not want out. While the West got what they always wanted (NOTHING MORE), a control of their developmental and political destiny . . .
[b]
The North were more concerned about the coexistence of Nigeria. Yet it is so easy for them to butcher other Nigerians at a slight provocation. It is a disturbing trend! One would ask what they really want. The North has one of the best traditional political structures, Agricultural wealth and a more homogenous socio-religious system. They would have easily broken off and moved on smoothly. Yet, they preferred to cling to the union and were even ready to die for it.

I still cannot understand why.

The West on their own should have left gently and realised their wish to build a mordern society. But they preferred to cling on to the Union. People say it was out of their fear of the potential attack from the North. I doubt that.  I am now left to wonder why the west decided to stay and continue the useless march.

The East suffered from the ignorance and stoopidity of Zik and actually spread into other parts of Nigeria, which is still a problem till today. We wanted to leave, but ended up defeated. Now, we have spread across the country even further, and Boko Haram is having fun slaughtering us at will.

I am sure Nigeria would have been better off divided.[/b]
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by ak47mann(m): 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2011
very true ojukwu saw it and try his best to liberate us from these butchers awolowo and OBJ turn around and betrayed us cry cry
now both the living and the dead are regretting it IKEMBA GOD WILL GUIDE YOU PROTECT YOU ALWAYS AMEN THIS VIDEO IS THE 1966 pogrom in northern Nigeria and igbos were getting killed,and ojukwu told them to come home and declare BIAFRA

the land of the rising sun we love and cherished!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w4YlhJwqK8
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Katsumoto: 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2011
EzeUche:

Anyone who thinks Zik was a tribalist should have their head examined. And I mean that.  angry

He was naive, he was a pan-Africanist, but he was never a tribalist.

Are you sure? I know you have read the speech below but I include to refresh your memory

http://books.google.com/books?id=Iec7AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA243&lpg=PA243&dq=the+martial+progress+of+the+igbo+nation+zik&source=bl&ots=2KoTKUCHT5&sig=WJ6-nsa5Hr2rRs3g0uVYR_MP2LU&hl=en&ei=v6hVTZ3AEc73gAeG1tynDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false)

Secondly, you need to ask informed people around you about the articles in the West African Pilot (Zik's paper).
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Justcash(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Stop arguing like a fo*ol. I've been watching this whole back and forth, and more and more you seem intent on proving yourself the id*iot we already know u r. You lost the argument, man up, take it on the chin and keep it moving; nobody cleans dirt with mud.

Youre no longer making any sense (not like you were making any in the first place), cus I wonder why you would be asking Katsumoto all these question like u've ever seen him promote Northern interests.

Your G'ay Beasty heat is on again and you are here to search for a partner. I will ignore you. I aint concerned about your G'ayish and AkatAish tendencies in this topiC. silly Akata G'ay Mofo talking like he/she can identify where lagos is in a map.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Katsumoto: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
Justcash:

[b]
The North were more concerned about the coexistence of Nigeria. Yet it is so easy for them to butcher other Nigerians at a slight provocation. It is a disturbing trend! One would ask what they really want. The North has one of the best traditional political structures, Agricultural wealth and a more homogenous socio-religious system. They would have easily broken off and moved on smoothly. Yet, they preferred to cling to the union and were even ready to die for it.

The West on their own should have left gently and realised their wish to build a mordern society. But they preferred to cling on to the Union. People say it was out of their fear of the potential attack from the North. I doubt that.  I am now left to wonder why the west decided to stay and continue the useless march.

The East suffered from the ignorance and stoopidity of Zik and actually spread into other parts of Nigeria, which is still a problem till today. We wanted to leave, but ended up defeated. Now, we have spread across the country even further, and Boko Haram is having fun slaughtering us at will.

I am sure Nigeria would have been better off divided.[/b]

So basically, the fate of the Yoruba people is based on the whims and caprices of the Igbo? Since the Yoruba couldn't achieve self-autonomy when they wanted it, they should have grabbed it when the Igbo were no longer interested in the Nigerian debacle?
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by T9ksy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2011
My dear Victor,

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

bk.babe97y:

Lmfao.

I'm sure by the time Yoruba Leaders got to this part of Ojukwu's bush rambling, they were all over the floor laughing like 7yr old kids.

Abi ojare!!! Yet the so-called immensely clever(?) igbos still can't understand, 40 years after the fact, why yorubas resist Ojukwu's imperialism on their turf.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by coogar: 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
Katsumoto:

So basically, the fate of the Yoruba people is based on the whims and caprices of the Igbo? Since the Yoruba couldn't achieve self-autonomy when they wanted it, they should have grabbed it when the Igbo were no longer interested in the Nigerian debacle?

justcash is just pissing in the wind with spineless arguments and tasteless points. . . . . .each post of his reduces his credibility on these pages.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by aljharem3: 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2011
bk babe lets keep it civil wink
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by jason123: 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
Justcash:

[b]

Because they now enjoy Nigeria. Oil was discovered in 1953 or so undecided. Obviously, why would they want to leave

Justcash:

You need to read what Ojukwu said to the West. BTW, I hope you know that the West's cousins (MW) were already occupied and ANNEXED to Biafra?
Here it is:
During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority-Ojukwu
If Awolowo had said that to the East, would you have agreed

Justcash:

I am sure Nigeria would have been better off divided.

It is quite unfortunate FOR THE SOUTH (Not just the "East"wink. Well, that is what we deserve for not co-operating.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
T9ksy:

Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe is a 5star tribalist who hid under the garb of Pan Africanism to mask his true intentions.
Little wonder then that though he started of as "Zik of Africa" but by the time he went to meet his maker, he was known as "Zik of Onitsha".

We all now discern why he took up a ceremonial post under the Tafawa balewa govt instead of joining hands with a progressive like Awo. The igbos got all the ministerial and administrative positions allocated to the South. some nationalist, he is!!!! mschewwwwwwwwww.

But he was also Pan African, in fact, he was more pan african than he was triblalistic.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by jason123: 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2011
@ Justcash,

You are basically saying the East should determine the West's destiny When the West wanted to leave, the East said NO (Azikwe). But when the East wants to leave, the West to MUST leave, even if they are no longer interested or read to leave
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2011
jason123:

@ Justcash,

When the West wanted to leave, the East said NO (Azikwe).

When did this happen?
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Justcash(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2011
Katsumoto:

You talked as if Awolowo was forced to include the Yorubas in the equation. I'm sure if that was what happened, he and his people would not have been happy in the whole unity agenda. Why then did he stick to the equation when the whole equation was visibly doomed.

So it was more befitting for them to exist in a Nigerian DEBACLE out of principle, than leave for their own progress?  So principle was their reason at the expense of progress?

More importantly, why was the North enjoying the DEBACLE?
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by aljharem3: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2011
jason123:

Because they now enjoy Nigeria. Oil was discovered in 1953 or so undecided. Obviously, why would they want to leave

You need to read what Ojukwu said to the West. BTW, I hope you know that the West's cousins (MW) were already occupied and ANNEXED to Biafra?
Here it is:
During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority-Ojukwu
If Awolowo had said that to the East, would you have agreed

It is quite unfortunate FOR THE SOUTH (Not just the "East"wink. Well, that is what we deserve for not co-operating.

funny man. i would think ojukwu was power hungry
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Justcash(m): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
jason123:

Brace up for the horror of your lives. When Boko Haram finishes with the North (Where westerners are also being killed too), they will embark on a venture to islamize the West to ensure that their Muslim brothers there take their places on the throne . Starting with Kwara state. I hope you co-operate with them then.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by bkbabe97y(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
Justcash:

The North felt betrayed by the East after the first coup. Why didn't they simply let their perceived enemies (the east) to go their own way, especially as the East was willing to go and they had revenged with a bloody pogrom?

Hahahaha!!! Thats how beef is settled where u from? You hurt the other person and u just get to walk away. . . .?

Man, go sit ur ugly revisionist aszz somewhere.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2011
Dead horse being flogged ever so repeatedly again! Why I'd never know  undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by T9ksy(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
Justcash:

So it was more befitting for them to exist in a Nigerian DEBACLE out of principle, than leave for their own progress?  So principle was their reason at the expense of progress?

Justcash, wth are you going round in circles?
Did you read the article posted by jason concerning Awo's conversation with Ojukwu, in enugu? I seriously doubt it.
i suggest you go back and re-read the article again but this time, carefully.

We are not cowards in the West but we have to move cautiously, because if we do not do that you might not have us alive; you would only have monuments all over the place.

I would be quite willing to attend any meeting convened by the leaders of the South in the South, but it must be realized that we in the West are in a very difficult position. All the members of the bodyguard of the Military Governor of the Western Region were Northerners; there were over 36,000 soldiers in the whole of the West, most of whom were Northerners, and all of them carry arms

Yet you and your ilk keep going on about why didn't the yorubas seceed when the opportunity provided itself? I guess that's what Ojukwu had in mind for us yorubas, his so-called friends- monuments whilst his liberation-turned-occupation troops administer our region.

J12:

But he was also Pan African, in fact, he was more pan african than he was triblalistic.

Yeah right!!! And i am the direct descendant of king solomon and the queen of sheba! grin
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by EzeUche(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
I think people thrive on threads such as these. grin
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by aljharem3: 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2011
still enjoying the thread smiley
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by okstol: 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2011
@Alhaji "Boko" Harem, I have come to understand that you like joining the bandwagon. Its a pity that you can't voice out your opinion or intentions. Must you always second peoples posts? Don't you have some brains to think out something positive? If not "Gbam" or true talk. Please make use of your own brains rather than seconding. @OP, I'm so pissed that you guys have the time for this. Those guys has done their bits and left the seat for these imbecilic and megalomaniacs in power. The best thing we should be doing is to fashion out means to plead with these dudes to concentrate with our political rogues. Why, because an average naija politician will never be alive to see this country being divided. That's why they do crush any regional "militant" agitators with every military force available. Boko Haram is the only force that can fight for the downtrodden in this country. Our EFCC and ICPC were meant for the yahoo boys and not for our polithievcians, but BK is now an oracle that can kill and maim them at will. Let's form an online alliance to appeal to their conscience to leave the innocent citizens out of this but to continue with our so called leaders. For your information, naija will never disintegrate because we the southerners rejected it when it came to us on a platter of gold.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by jason123: 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2011
J12:

When did this happen?
Awolowo had a discussion with Zik about allowing the North to form Nigeria with the South and Zik betrayed Awolowo. He voted for Nigeria with Bello wile Awolowo voted AGAINST Nigeria. This marked the beginning of the marginalisation of the OLD WEST by the East and North.
Then the West was further weakened (AG) by the creation of the MW. This weakened the political and economical advantages the West had. Then, Ojukwu finally annexed the MW during the invasion and that is why most Biafra maps have the MW in its territory.[img]http://www./Biafra_map_07_04_Master_65.jpg[/img]

Noticed it included the whole Delta state even though Itsekiris and Uhrobos were not consulted
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by aljharem3: 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
okstol:

@Alhaji "Boko" Harem, I have come to understand that you like joining the bandwagon. Its a pity that you can't voice out your opinion or intentions. Must you always second peoples posts? Don't you have some brains to think out something positive? If not "Gbam" or true talk. Please make use of your own brains rather than seconding.             @OP, I'm so pissed that you guys have the time for this. Those guys has done their bits and left the seat for these imbecilic and megalomaniacs in power. The best thing we should be doing is to fashion out means to plead with these dudes to concentrate with our political rogues. Why, because an average naija politician will never be alive to see this country being divided. That's why they do crush any regional "militant" agitators with every military force available. Boko Haram is the only force that can fight for the downtrodden in this country. Our EFCC and ICPC were meant for the yahoo boys and not for our polithievcians, but BK is now an oracle that can kill and maim them at will. Let's form an online alliance to appeal to their conscience to leave the innocent citizens out of this but to continue with our so called leaders. For your information, naija will never disintegrate because we the southerners rejected it when it came to us on a platter of gold.

ok sir what do u want me to do.lol

if say the truth, u people would be the first to call me boko haram

if i agree with other u would still insult me

watin u want make i do gan grin grin

walahi it is not easy to be alj harem on this site o angry
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Justcash(m): 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2011
jason123:

Awolowo had a discussion with Zik about allowing the North to form Nigeria with the South and Zik betrayed Awolowo. He voted for Nigeria with Bello wile Awolowo voted AGAINST Nigeria. This marked the beginning of the marginalisation of the OLD WEST by the East and North.
Then the West was further weakened (AG) by the creation of the MW. This weakened the political and economical advantages the West had. Then, Ojukwu finally annexed the MW during the invasion and that is why most Biafra maps have the MW in its territory.[img]http://www./Biafra_map_07_04_Master_65.jpg[/img]

Noticed it included the whole Delta state even though Itsekiris and Uhrobos were not consulted

^^^^^ Okay, we annexed the MW. What happened when you got it back and defeated Biafra in a war? You stuck to the debacle called Nigeria and continued to exist in it as it crumbled.

Well, as things stand now, I am okay with the political equation. I am just saying that since y'all saw no need to divide Nigeria when you had the chance, all agitations in the form of Boko haram for the division of Nigeria must cease now. It must not happen now that an SS man called Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is the president.  
Jonathan has put up a recommendation for a 7 years single tenure. He may lead for 7 years, establish his influence and hand over to a South Easterner after 7 years. Then OPC will rise to become like Boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
I dey laff.

Ask Ifeajuna, Azikwe, ironsi etc

And moreover ojukwu for running out to Ivory coast when the heat was on
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by jason123: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
^^^^ JustCash, if the Ibibios or so could meet Ojukwu and he said their status will remain the same in Biafra. How much more the Itsekiris and Uhrobos who have little or nothing in common with Igbos We would have been enslaved in Biafra and I AM GLAD MY LEADERS TOOK THAT STANCE!

About whether we are better off now, I say yes!!! In Biafra, we would have been absorbed and there would be ABSOLUTELY no chance of an Itsekiri or Uhrobo president because there is tribalism in the current IGBO states too. How much more non-Igbos in Biafra.

About OPC,
We are getting to a stage where EVERY REGION OR ETHNIC GROUP picks up arms to be politically relevant. OPC did it when Abiola's election was nullified. This is what gave OBJ power (even though they wanted Falea not OBJ). MEND did it, and look where GEJ is. BOKO harem is doing it and do not be surprised if we have a Northern leader after GEJ. MASSOB has already threatened to follow Boko harem's footsteps . .so what gives?? undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Katsumoto: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
naijababe:

Dead horse being flogged ever so repeatedly again! Why I'd never know  undecided

The Internet is a very powerful tool. We saw how it was used in the Arab revolutions early this year.

Many new members join NL daily, many of them foreigners who want to know about Nigeria and its people. Such new members do not take the time to read old threads; they simply follow the current threads. Now if a lie isn't challenged 1 time out of 100, the ignorant listeners (who were present when that lie was told that one time and not for the 99 others) become misinformed people.

Certain people have a knack for revising history and they start new threads bordering on the same old issues and give it new colourful titles. If the lies and inconsistencies go unchallenged, then certain people may accept the lies as truth. As long as these new threads continue to attempt to revise history, all those with the facts should try to provide the facts.  cool

Anyone is free to tell lies about his father but when you tell lies about someone else's father, be prepared for what follows.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by vicenzo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
The way i see it,ojukwu tried his best to liberate the east from this sh.it of a country,but gowon and awolowo fought to keep it one,ojukwu failed to liberate the east,so,we are all trapped in this sh.it country,we lost the war, but the people who fought to keep this country as one are the real losers,the west and the north are the poorest regions in the sh.It country,and what about gowon's angas group and the middlebelt? They are the biggest losers,they are being killed in numbers by their northern masters ,that which they brought to biafra has come to visit them.
No need to blame awo,he was looking out for his selfish interest,don't blame gowon,he was a willing tool used and dumped by the north,don't blame the north,they were interested in OIL,you know what? blame me. :Pons

The way i see it,ojukwu tried his best to liberate the east from this sh.it of a country,but gowon and awolowo fought to keep it one,ojukwu failed to liberate the east,so,we are all trapped in this sh.it country,we lost the war, but the people who fought to keep this country as one are the real losers,the west and the north are the poorest regions in the sh.It country,and what about gowon's angas group and the middlebelt? They are the biggest losers,they are being killed in numbers by their northern masters ,that which they brought to biafra has come to visit them.
No need to blame awo,he was looking out for his selfish interest,don't blame gowon,he was a willing tool used and dumped by the north,don't blame the north,they were interested in OIL,you know what? blame me. :Pons
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by aljharem3: 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
vicenzo:

No need to blame awo,he was looking out for his selfish interest,don't blame gowon,he was a willing tool used and dumped by the north,don't blame the north,they were interested in OIL,you no what? blame me. :Pons in the sh.It country,and what about gowon's angas group and the middlebelt? They are the biggest losers,they are being killed in numbers by their northern masters ,that which they brought to biafra has come to visit them.
No need to blame awo,he was looking out for his selfish interest,don't blame gowon,he was a willing tool used and dumped by the north,don't blame the north,they were interested in OIL,you know what? blame me. tongue
re the biggest losers,they are being killed in numbers by their northern masters ,that which they brought to biafra has come to visit them.
No need to blame awo,he was looking out for his selfish interest,don't blame gowon,he was a willing tool used and dumped by the north,don't blame the north,they were interested in OIL,you no what? blame me. :Pons in the sh.It country,and what about gowon's angas group and the middlebelt? They are the biggest losers,they are being killed in numbers by their northern masters ,that which they brought to biafra has come to visit them.
No need to blame awo,he was looking out for his selfish interest,don't blame gowon,he was a willing tool used and dumped by the north,don't blame the north,they were interested in OIL,you know what? blame me. tongue

lies upon lies upon stu.pidity

the north does not care about ur oil, read jason's post and stop actting ignorant
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by vicenzo(m): 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
alj_harem:

lies upon lies upon stu.pidity

the north does not care about your oil, read jason's post and stop actting ignorant

Stop deceiving yourself yorubaman,biafra war was all about OIL,OIL is the foundation on which gowon's "one nigeria" stands.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by aljharem3: 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2011
vicenzo:

Stop deceiving yourself yorubaman,biafra war was all about OIL,OIL is the foundation on which gowon's "one nigeria" stands.

igboman is there commercail oil in igboland
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by adejoro75: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
alj_harem:

igboman is there commercail oil in igboland

There is no [b]commercial oil [/b]in Igboland and you have SHELL and the other oil companies drilling oil there? What is the definition of commercial?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

So We Still Have This In Rivers State (pix) / BREAKING NEWS :- Mubi ( Madinatu Islam) Liberated Finally / Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.