Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC (4277 Views)

Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? / Buhari’s Certificate, APC And Unanswered Questions / It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by neocortex: 5:38am On Jan 05, 2015
We screened and found Buhari qualified —Member, APC screening c’ttee

LAGOS— All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), was scrutinised and found educationally qualified to be the party’s presidential flag bearer, Dr. Tunji Abayomi, a member of the party’s committee, who screened all five presidential aspirants, has said.

Abayomi’s assertion came as a senior Buhari aide affirmed that the campaign would not go into the mud with the candidate’s rivals on the issue. The senior campaign official said officials of the Buhari campaign were not in any way bothered on the issue given what he said was the uprightness of the General on the issue.

Abayomi in a statement yesterday affirmed he was a member of the presidential screening committee who scrutinised Buhari’s qualification for the presidency and found him fit and awarded him a certificate of clearance.

He further asserted that[b] even without the production of the certificates that General Buhari was eminently qualified[/b] for the race and the presidency.

“As a member of the APC Screening Committee, I can affirm unequivocally that Gen. Buhari met the education qualification prescribed by the constitution,” he said as he went on to list the schools and courses attended by the former head of state.

He said: “Still the question remains, has General Buhari without presenting especially his school certificate or its equivalent met the education precondition set for presidential candidates in the constitution?”

“To begin with, the Constitution does not prescribe the presentation or show of any certificate to qualify for election to the office of President. Under section 131(d) of our military constitution, a person shall be qualified for election to the office of President if ‘he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.’

“While a certificate may unequivocally show that a contestant has been educated up to at least School Certificate level, his education without a certificate may show, again unequivocally that he has been educated up to the equivalent of School Certificate level.

“For example, assuming A is the best student in Ajuwa Grammar School, Okeagbe, Akoko. Now on the very day before the commencement of the West African School Certificate Examination, he sexually harassed the daughter of the English teacher as a result of which he was dismissed, will A be said not to have met the education qualification of section 131(d) of the constitution?

“In my view A has not only been educated up to at least School Certificate level he would also be deemed to have been educated to its equivalent. This position finds support in section 131 (d) which neither prescribed a pass which is required for certification nor a fail which denies it. The interest of the constitution is with the level of the education of the candidate howsoever acquired, not the certificate he acquires ipso facto.

“The APC screening committee was made up of several eminent, highly educated and enlightened men and a woman. They came to the conclusion after putting APC presidential aspirants through a most rigorous test that all the APC aspirants met the constitutional qualifications including education qualification to contest for election to the office of President.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/screened-found-buhari-qualified-member-apc-screening-cttee/

From the bolded above it seems APC are tactifully saying that Buhari has no certificate. Therefore, Buhari lied under oath in his affidavit.
Buhari got into the army using affidavit. This is pure robbery.

This will go on in history as the greatest fraud ever committed against any country!

"most rigorous test" someone please ask this clown when APC becomes a test administering body

15 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Oklander: 5:40am On Jan 05, 2015
Okay… Let's go there. GMB 2015

3 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by natila: 5:42am On Jan 05, 2015
Every act of fraud against Nigeria must be unequivocably condemned . Front page mods

16 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Brimmie(m): 5:43am On Jan 05, 2015
Change is here!!

I've downloaded Fr. Mbaka's Video, and just yesterday, 7 people copied it from me and they've started sharing it among their Christian Folks.

Stop ranting on Social Media, do your Part! Collect your PVC.. Spread the Gospel!!

#BuhariOsinbajo
#Change

3 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by madridguy(m): 5:49am On Jan 05, 2015
Tell them all.

1 Like

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 05, 2015
This man is a vei big fool. So if someone spends years in the university without graduating, that automatically makes him a graduate?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Goddex: 6:01am On Jan 05, 2015
It's a shame for Buhari and his APC
I am highly disappointed

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Kingsley1000(m): 6:01am On Jan 05, 2015
Igbos dying for Jonathan. Our "abandoned property" in the south south have not been returned to us. They took the advantage of the civil war to corner our property in the south south and declared them "abandoned property". They are Igbos in name and language, but Igbos in origin irritates them. They treat us with disdain. They are cunning. Jonathan started bearing 'Azikiwe' as a deception and most Igbos fell for it. See how they are using us and laughing at us. If you think that the south south sees you as a human being, you are deceiving yourselves. Be ready to admit that Jonathan is an Igboman when the argument comes up in future that Igbos had taken their turn at the presidency in the name of Jonathan Azikiwe. Dont deny it when the time comes. Leave Mbaka alone. He is not a fool and cannot be fooled. I wont vote for Jonathan. I wont. Imagine the number of Nigerian young soldiers of Igbo extraction killed by Boko Haram. How many from the south south have been killed? If Asari is so tough as to threaten to level yorubaland and finish up the North, why has Jonathan not used him to crush Boko Haram? Jonathan is emasculating other geopolitical zones and building a strong south south in readiness for domination and we are here behaving sheepishly. Open your eyes, Ndi Igbo ibem!
Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 05, 2015
From all these defense, it's now very clear that the general has no certificate. What is wrong is wrong. God bless President GEJ. Victory is Sure. One with God is majority.

23 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by KHAYGOLD(m): 6:08am On Jan 05, 2015
Let our PVC be the judge in Feb 14 if he needs certificate or not. Operation go out enmasse and Vote out cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Chaleeee: 6:15am On Jan 05, 2015
Kingsley1000:
Igbos dying for Jonathan. Our "abandoned property" in the south south have not been returned to us. They took the advantage of the civil war to corner our property in the south south and declared them "abandoned property". They are Igbos in name and language, but Igbos in origin irritates them. They treat us with disdain. They are cunning. Jonathan started bearing 'Azikiwe' as a deception and most Igbos fell for it. See how they are using us and laughing at us. If you think that the south south sees you as a human being, you are deceiving yourselves. Be ready to admit that Jonathan is an Igboman when the argument comes up in future that Igbos had taken their turn at the presidency in the name of Jonathan Azikiwe. Dont deny it when the time comes. Leave Mbaka alone. He is not a fool and cannot be fooled. I wont vote for Jonathan. I wont. Imagine the number of Nigerian young soldiers of Igbo extraction killed by Boko Haram. How many from the south south have been killed? If Asari is so tough as to threaten to level yorubaland and finish up the North, why has Jonathan not used him to crush Boko Haram? Jonathan is emasculating other geopolitical zones and building a strong south south in readiness for domination and we are here behaving sheepishly. Open your eyes, Ndi Igbo ibem!

So you will rather vote for an Hausa man that killed millions of you ancestors during the civil war and has continued to kill them in recent times in the name of boko haram??smh

28 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 05, 2015
This apc dudes are an embarrassment to the Nigerian educational system. I know GEJ is camera shy but this group of hooligans are worst. How dare they insult hard working, educated Nigerians with this rubbish?

And to those supporting this nonsense, shame!!

24 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Ewizard(m): 6:20am On Jan 05, 2015
APC entirely is more clueless dan GEJ...
So if I shud go by ur interpretation of dat section of d constitution..
"A final year student in any nigerian university rusticated/expelled for wateva crime be it cultism or malpractice has met d education requirement to secure a job in d labour market without presentin a B.sc cert or it equivalent??

Dis niggaz must be high on columbian weed... grin grin

28 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 05, 2015
Ewizard:
"A final year student in any nigerian university rusticated/expelled for wateva crime be it cultism or malpractice has met d education requirement to secure a job in d labour market without presentin a B.sc cert or it equivalent??

Bros I tireooo see logic

13 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 05, 2015
Kingsley1000:
no offense but this is the dumbest shit I have read. So your problem is dat GEJ didn't return properties in the south south?
Ok, first Igbo military head appointed by GEJ..when buhari was in power, did he employ Igbo military head?
First international airport in d east nko? Isn't that strong enough
If you want to talk, state the entire accomplishments of GEJ and don't filter them and leave only d bad ones. You guys are tricky that way.
I know you aren't even Igbo even if you were, you are the type their parents told while they were small that they are Igbos and never since again. Read about the so called buhari on wiki leaks ..about the Igbos he executed for stupid decrees

16 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by kay1one(m): 6:37am On Jan 05, 2015
#BuhariShowYourCertificate!!!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Monimatic(m): 6:42am On Jan 05, 2015
Chai APC just dey embarrass themselves everyday, in fact all APC members should show their certificates starting Fr Buhari, Tinubu n Oshipmole till then they can all Go N Die.
APC want change, so change must start with APC

12 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by talk2tosep(m): 6:43am On Jan 05, 2015
Jacob Zuma of southafrica has no educational background,and he is more active than jonatha..

1 Like

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2015
Despite rooting for change,I won't support an act of forgery,or academic qualification deficiency.

If GMB is found wanting for academic deficiency,he should be disqualified once..

He who wants equity,must come with a clean hands.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by nofij(m): 6:50am On Jan 05, 2015
chukwudi44:
This man is a vei big fool. So if someone spends years in the university without graduating, that automatically makes him a graduate?
So says the All progressive Congress.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by nofij(m): 6:54am On Jan 05, 2015
Now i know why we have stu.pid leaders at the federal, state and LG levels, even the opposition.
Imagine what a screening officer could say, so i am a barrister so long as i went to law school and passed through the required processes whether i took the exams or not.
Its not his fault.
When the president is si.lly, opposition cant help but be silly too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Mogidi: 6:57am On Jan 05, 2015

“In my view A has not only been educated up to at least School Certificate level he would also be deemed to have been educated to its equivalent.

Chai!!
Even School cert Buhari has none, a total illiterate.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by SeverusSnape(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2015
I'm ashamed!... Wait!, I dont want to believe this is happening, How can someone that wants to lead the most populous black nation on earth not be in possession of his certificates... Now I know why we have the kind of leaders we have.
BUNCH OF ILLITERATES.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by ahaika23: 7:27am On Jan 05, 2015
Illiterate vs PhD grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by diepreyefrank: 7:32am On Jan 05, 2015
chukwudi44:
Dnt mind those fools, calling black white...
Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by diepreyefrank: 7:33am On Jan 05, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
Let our PVC be the judge in Feb 14 if he needs certificate or not. Operation go out enmasse and Vote out cluelessness.
I respect my certificate so I won't take it granted.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by diepreyefrank: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2015
Ewizard:

very Dogmatic..

5 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by jamace(m): 7:54am On Jan 05, 2015
APC ship is sinking. To them every floating straw has become a life jacket. No way. APC will definitely sink.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by myola(m): 7:54am On Jan 05, 2015
talk2tosep:
Jacob Zuma of southafrica has no educational background,and he is more active than jonatha..
Jacob Zuma didn't lied about his qualification, Bill Gate of Microsoft will easily and willingly tell people he is a school dropout and wouldn't lied about his qualification to becomes american president, but without him been American President he has impacted on peoples lives globally. the truth of the matter is that buhari lied that he qualified academically without certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by hardbody: 8:30am On Jan 05, 2015
neocortex:
We screened and found Buhari qualified —Member, APC screening c’ttee

LAGOS— All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), was scrutinised and found educationally qualified to be the party’s presidential flag bearer, Dr. Tunji Abayomi, a member of the party’s committee, who screened all five presidential aspirants, has said.

Abayomi’s assertion came as a senior Buhari aide affirmed that the campaign would not go into the mud with the candidate’s rivals on the issue. The senior campaign official said officials of the Buhari campaign were not in any way bothered on the issue given what he said was the uprightness of the General on the issue.

Abayomi in a statement yesterday affirmed he was a member of the presidential screening committee who scrutinised Buhari’s qualification for the presidency and found him fit and awarded him a certificate of clearance.

He further asserted that[b] even without the production of the certificates that General Buhari was eminently qualified[/b] for the race and the presidency.

“As a member of the APC Screening Committee, I can affirm unequivocally that Gen. Buhari met the education qualification prescribed by the constitution,” he said as he went on to list the schools and courses attended by the former head of state.

He said: “Still the question remains, has General Buhari without presenting especially his school certificate or its equivalent met the education precondition set for presidential candidates in the constitution?”

“To begin with, the Constitution does not prescribe the presentation or show of any certificate to qualify for election to the office of President. Under section 131(d) of our military constitution, a person shall be qualified for election to the office of President if ‘he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.’

“While a certificate may unequivocally show that a contestant has been educated up to at least School Certificate level, his education without a certificate may show, again unequivocally that he has been educated up to the equivalent of School Certificate level.

“For example, assuming A is the best student in Ajuwa Grammar School, Okeagbe, Akoko. Now on the very day before the commencement of the West African School Certificate Examination, he sexually harassed the daughter of the English teacher as a result of which he was dismissed, will A be said not to have met the education qualification of section 131(d) of the constitution?

“In my view A has not only been educated up to at least School Certificate level he would also be deemed to have been educated to its equivalent. This position finds support in section 131 (d) which neither prescribed a pass which is required for certification nor a fail which denies it. The interest of the constitution is with the level of the education of the candidate howsoever acquired, not the certificate he acquires ipso facto.

“The APC screening committee was made up of several eminent, highly educated and enlightened men and a woman. They came to the conclusion after putting APC presidential aspirants through a most rigorous test that all the APC aspirants met the constitutional qualifications including education qualification to contest for election to the office of President.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/screened-found-buhari-qualified-member-apc-screening-cttee/

From the bolded above it seems APC are tactifully saying that Buhari has no certificate. Therefore, Buhari lied under oath in his affidavit.
Buhari got into the army using affidavit. This is pure robbery.

This will go on in history as the greatest fraud ever committed against any country!

"most rigorous test" someone please ask this clown when APC becomes a test administering body

And these are the people getting ready to rule Nigeria? I was taught that no matter how good you are, you must have proof evidencing it and this is done by a body certifying you competent and good in what you claimed to have studied. Why are these hop heads hell bent on embarrassing themselves and the nation? What would third party countries think about us when they read this warped thinking by a political big wig? Are we this doomed?

Note: My opinions are mine and mine alone. I am not affiliated to any political party , unregistered and non card carrying. Very apolitical.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 05, 2015
Like I earlier said, the only entity required by law to Screen Buhari is his party, APC. INEC has no such powers but will only entertain any objection against whatever is submitted by the APC. Whever feel that the general is unqualified should petition APC or go to court. We won't swim inside the mud with TANists. Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC by ahaika23: 8:32am On Jan 05, 2015
2015 is doomsday for APShit grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Falls Sick: Cancels Campaign In Benin / If Diezani Stole £13b (3.9trn) What's Nigeria 2014 Budget? / Buhari Should Tell Nigerians The Truth About James Ocholi Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.