Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Extremism In Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Extremism In Religion (259 Views)

If This Happened In Religion, They Will Call It Jazz Or Miracle / Addressing Religious Extremism In Christianity / What Is Religious Extremism? Difference Between Moderate And Extreme. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extremism In Religion by akingonline: 6:30am On May 13, 2022
In my nearly four decades in life, I have heard many killings, beheading and so on of people in the name of blasphemy.This is now even happening in schools where they are supposed to be educated and enlightened.
This is common among the Nigeria northern Muslims - what exactly is motivating, driving them!
Even if the guilty are wrong, is there no forgiveness, love, tolerance in their own beliefs?
Is their a caveat in their religious writings that allows it, or political inequality,ignorance, or just wickedness,or is it because the perpetrators are covered by their extremist people in governance?
Some of these things demand answers. It is just unfair for some people to delight in killings and make other people sad in the name of religion that is suppose help our society now destroying it.
Re: Extremism In Religion by Corrections: 7:03am On May 13, 2022
What is wrong in a situation where a girl corrects her school mates from turning a social media platforms meant to inform them about academic related matters into a religious platform? Is it because of this they they KILLED her??

It's just like someone correcting another person to stop using his or her SHOES ( religion on ) as a pillow on the FAMILY BED ( platform meant for academic matters ) because is not meant to be and therefore called it NONSENSE, and the other member of the family ( school mates ) have to kill her for such statement claiming she blasphemied against the rest of the family. That was her crime. DOES SHE DESERVE DEATH?

That some MUSLIMS SUPPORT her killing and rejoices amazes me!!!!!!

The evil seed they are planting today will surely be ripe for harvest tomorrow which when they start to harvest their wicked act those who don't know them will PITY them.
Re: Extremism In Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:05am On May 13, 2022
Extremism is not new.
Pharaoh of Egypt cruelly dealt with Israelites and made them slaves, Nebuchadnezzar ordered the burning of three Jews, Jesus was impaled, Stephen was stoned to death and Paul was beaten many times near death.
All these are the results of extremism in religion.
Jesus of Nazareth has forewarned that during the last days extremism in religion will get out of hand and become a global phenomenon and it will continue until the conclusion of this system of things.
So we should be careful with what we utter in the public and most especially in the midst of religionists who believes in physically fighting to support/promote their gods/religions.

Today Islam seems to be the extremist group and it's so because religion is one of the tools politicians uses to gain power.
So as long as the world is under the control of politicians EXTREMISM and TERRORISM will always be here! Revelations 6:3-4 undecided
Re: Extremism In Religion by Maynman: 7:38am On May 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Extremism is not new.
Pharaoh of Egypt cruelly dealt with Israelites and made them slaves, Nebuchadnezzar ordered the burning of three Jews, Jesus was impaled, Stephen was stoned to death and Paul was beaten many times near death.
All these are the results of extremism in religion.
Jesus of Nazareth has forewarned that during the last days extremism in religion will get out of hand and become a global phenomenon and it will continue until the conclusion of this system of things.
So we should be careful with what we utter in the public and most especially in the midst of religionists who believes in physically fighting to support/promote their gods/religions.

Today Islam seems to be the extremist group and it's so because religion is one of the tools politicians uses to gain power.
So as long as the world is under the control of politicians EXTREMISM and TERRORISM will always be here! Revelations 6:3-4 undecided

Christianity is also an extremist group and it was because of that Christianity was able to spread around the world(crusade). During the Roman Empire, Roman Catholic uses Crusaders to kill and maim people that are not Christian converts and they use Christianity to take over people’s land and properties.
Re: Extremism In Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:58am On May 13, 2022
Maynman:

Christianity is also an extremist group and it was because of that Christianity was able to spread around the world(crusade). During the Roman Empire, Roman Catholic uses Crusaders to kill and maim people that are not Christian converts and they use Christianity to take over people’s land and properties.

You're right to a degree according to history.
And that's exactly what the Arab world noticed about Rome's dominance over the world of that time so they decided to play the same card with what a man called Muhammad started in their midst. Though they killed him themselves but then they realized that they could also use this tool to recruit soldiers from place to place fighting in support of the Arab world to gain world dominance.
That's what they're doing now.
But as for Romans that were fighting and killing people to rule them forcefully they are not Christians at all because the man Jesus of Nazareth who is called "CHRIST" never taught his disciples to use force in gaining control {Matthew 26:52} rather he taught them to love and care for everyone {Mark 12:31} including their enemies! Matthew 5:43-48
So those Romans only use the name Jesus for the wrong motive, they were never his disciples! smiley
Re: Extremism In Religion by Maynman: 8:04am On May 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You're right to a degree according to history.
And that's exactly what the Arab world noticed about Rome's dominance over the world of that time so they decided to play the same card with what a man called Muhammad started in their midst. Though they killed him themselves but then they realized that they could also use this tool to recruit soldiers from place to place fighting in support of the Arab world to gain world dominance.
That's what they're doing now.
But as for Romans that were fighting and killing people to rule them forcefully they are not Christians at all because the man Jesus of Nazareth who is called "CHRIST" never taught his disciples to use force in gaining control {Matthew 26:52} rather he taught them to love and care for everyone {Mark 12:31} including their enemies! Matthew 5:43-48
So those Romans only use the name Jesus for the wrong motive, they were never his disciples! smiley

Christ is not a name but a title. What time did Christianity start? Romans have already conquered the world they didn’t need “Christianity”. “Christian” is even a term created by the Roman Catholic, Tertulian. without the crusaders, Christianity wouldn’t have spread, Christianity was a small sect back then, it was ROMAN CATHOLIC that made it a mainstream religion, and not only that, the Romans only accepted the orthodox Christianity sects, any other Christian sects were killed and only orthodox was recognized as the main Christianity.
All the books you are quoting about Christ were complied by Roman Catholic. They made it possible for you to be able to see those New Testament verses.
Without the Romans adopting Christianity you won’t be one.

Re: Extremism In Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:11am On May 13, 2022
Maynman:

Christ is not a name but a title. What time did Christianity start? Romans have already conquered the world.
And without the crusaders, Christianity wouldn’t have spread, Christianity was a small sect back then, it was ROMAN CATHOLIC that made it a mainstream religion, and not only that, the Romans only accepted the orthodox Christianity sects, any other Christian sects were killed and only orthodox was recognized as the main Christianity.
All the books you are quoting about Christ were complied by Roman Catholic. They made it possible for you to be able to see those New Testament verses.
Without the Romans adopting Christianity you won’t be one.

I'm not interested in blind arguments this morning, i've shown you what Jesus taught and so far so good true Christians today have made millions of DISCIPLES, they don't carry weapons or participate in politics.
That's enough evidence for anyone who wants to know the real Jesus who was given the title CHRIST!
Re: Extremism In Religion by Maynman: 8:18am On May 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not interested in blind arguments this morning, i've shown you what Jesus taught and so far so good true Christians today have made millions of DISCIPLES, they don't carry weapons or participate in politics.
That's enough evidence for anyone who wants to know the real Jesus who was given the title CHRIST!

I’m not interested in shameless liars this morning.
Everything Jesus said was taught was collected and complied by the ROMAN CATHOLIC , they decided what jesus said or not, look up “Catholic epistle” and biblical canonization.
“Chrestian” was a termed first used to refer to narazanes by Tertulian, member of the Roman Catholic.
When “Jesus” was alive, he was neither referred to as Christ or “Jesus”, These names have Latin and Greek origin and i thought “jesus” is a Jew?
Can you now see the influence of ROMAN CATHOLIC in the Christianity we have now.

Re: Extremism In Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2022
Maynman:

Everything Jesus said was taught was collected and complied by the ROMAN CATHOLIC , they decided what jesus said or not, look up “Catholic epistle” and biblical canonization.
“Chrestian” was a termed first used to refer to narazanes by Tertulian member of the Roman Catholic.
When “Jesus” was alive, he was neither referred to as Christ or “Jesus”, These names have Latin and Greek origin and i thought “jesus” is a Jew?
Can you now see the influence of ROMAN CATHOLIC in the Christianity we have now.

You already know me as a SHAMELESS LIAR who will never accept anything from you, so go ahead and and convince others who are not shameless liars that Jesus never said those words recorded in the Bible, as for me i believe everything i read about him in the Bible with all my heart! smiley
Re: Extremism In Religion by Maynman: 8:39am On May 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You already know me as a SHAMELESS LIAR who will never accept anything from you, so go ahead and and convince others who are not shameless liars that Jesus never said those words recorded in the Bible, as for me i believe everything i read about him in the Bible with all my heart! smiley

I only said that when you talk about Islam extremism, don’t forget about Christian extremism too, then you started forming up Roman Empire stories. When did Christianity start? When did Roman Empire start?

Re: Extremism In Religion by Maynman: 8:55am On May 13, 2022
And you don’t believe the Bible, you believe the version created by the fallen watchers.
You said it yourself.

(1) (Reply)

The Much Awaited Person / The Spirit Realm Is So Tense Right Now! / The Times Of The LORD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.