Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report (20285 Views)

Dangote, Flour Mills Petition FG, Oppose New Sugar Refinery by BUA / Corona Virus: Small Business Owners Worry Over Cash Flow As Nigeria Prepare To G / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Propertyforum: 1:02pm On May 13, 2022
Honestly this is not a good development

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by fokusmind: 1:03pm On May 13, 2022
Omo....Dangote may show Nigerians pepper when the project is eventually completed. There must be srong consumer protection in this nation. I just pray whoever will be the president will have the ball to protect Nigerians from Dangote. Dangote is staking his life savings on the project now.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:03pm On May 13, 2022
In it's rating, Fitch argues that Dangote Industries suffers from weak corporate governance. It says that the existence of a “complex group structure with a large number of related-party transactions” has “a negative effect on operational and financial transparency.”

“We also think it’s a risk that Aliko Dangote, as CEO and main shareholder, has a lot of power over operations,” it added.

Very gentle way of saying ‘riddled with corruption’.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by budaatum: 1:05pm On May 13, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by kingxley(m): 1:07pm On May 13, 2022
Big man Big wahala
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Gkay1(m): 1:09pm On May 13, 2022
One of the problem of dangote refinary is, he gave Indian and china contracts and he still went ahead to appoint India as a supervisor.
Some of the India are not doing anything, just to go site, press phone and leave at evening time.
The amount paying to Nigerians are not the same with India. ( Dsame job )
The curse of the Nigerians working there may not even make the refinary to work because of the way the way both India and China are maltreating them.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by budaatum: 1:10pm On May 13, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
In it's rating, Fitch argues that Dangote Industries suffers from weak corporate governance. It says that the existence of a “complex group structure with a large number of related-party transactions” has “a negative effect on operational and financial transparency.”

“We also think it’s a risk that Aliko Dangote, as CEO and main shareholder, has a lot of power over operations,” it added.

Fitch’s very gentle way of saying ‘riddled with corruption’.

Probably why Fitch has a special rating of 'AA(EXP)(nga) for Nigeria, though it's probably not as riddled as government owned companies.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Jorge91: 1:13pm On May 13, 2022
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-dangote-unable-to-complete-refinery-by-2023-over-cash-constraints/
he better start that shit on time now that Europe is set to focus on Africa.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Angel55555(m): 1:14pm On May 13, 2022
MrMcJay:
Cash constraints

In simple English,

SAPA
You're something else lol
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:16pm On May 13, 2022
budaatum:

I'm so glad beings like you exist.

What you’re posting is from the same report used in the article in the OP which includes an interpretation of the information.

https://www.fitchratings.com/research/corporate-finance/fitch-rates-dangote-industries-aa-nga-outlook-stable-06-05-2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by budaatum: 1:17pm On May 13, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

What you’re posting is from the same report used in the article in the OP which includes an interpretation of the information.

https://www.fitchratings.com/research/corporate-finance/fitch-rates-dangote-industries-aa-nga-outlook-stable-06-05-2022

Yeah, I know. Glad the person I quoted pointed out the thread topic doesn't fit the report.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:18pm On May 13, 2022
budaatum:

Yeah, I know. Glad the person I quoted pointed out the thread topic doesn't fit the report.

Actually, in some ways it does.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 13, 2022
einsteine:
Summary:

Dangote has liquidity issues and there are cost overruns

Fitch is also concerned with the key man risk. What happens if Dangote dies suddenly? The organization is not properly structured to function without the key man"Mr Aliko"

This was the crux of my argument in a thread where some people were suggesting that Dangote Group is worth up to $40b. As it stands, Dangote Group is essentially a giant kiosk, because the purported value of the Group is tied to the stature/persona/influence of Dangote the individual. Isn't that why he got the NNPC to pay a ridiculous $2.5b for a 20% stake in the refinery project? Thus ridiculously overvaluing the inchoate refinery.

If the man somehow falls out of favour with the government of the day, or worse still, if he fails to wake up tomorrow morning, then your guess is as good as mine to think of what would happen to Dangote Group and its so-called value.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by budaatum: 1:26pm On May 13, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Actually, in many ways does.

I think it's a matter of opinion, though it should be noted that projects like these usually overrun.

I'm sure he'll raise the money since he's got lots of equity to sell.

Reminds me of Musk. He too might not have enough money to buy twitter, its being reported.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by SweetVibe: 1:28pm On May 13, 2022
Yar'Adua had a reason he revoke the sale of one of our refinary to Dangote returned it back to the government.
He knew something we don't know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by kingyakos: 1:29pm On May 13, 2022
Ask Elon Musk to borrow you

I feel for you sha,, to be the richest black man coming from the wrong country
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Sadr: 1:29pm On May 13, 2022
Faiththatworks:
The topic already tells you where the story will end.
I didn't even read more than the first paragraph before I knew the author of the article wanted Alh Dangote to sell part of his conglomerate.
Dangote is about to cripple a lot of business for the Europeans and their lackeys so I expect them to fight back bitterly.
The part of poor corporate structure of Dangote holdings is very laughable, at least Dangote even has a structure,I'm sure Elon Musk doesn't have any semblance of corporate structure with the way he runs his business.
People especially foreigners are not happy with Dangote total domination of the cement factory in Nigeria and some parts of Africa,now he will have the same total domination over oil and gas, especially in Sub-saharan African, that's a threat to a lot of global financial institution.
And finally his CEO made another statement that sent gitters down the spine of many parasitic companies and countries fleecing Africa,Dangote is moving into the steel sector, I expect the fight back to get more dangerous and bitter in the coming months.
God bless Alh Dangote
God bless Nigeria.

FinTech that's evenly compromised and grossly corrupt. The typical crab mentality of the WEST.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by juniorstar(m): 1:33pm On May 13, 2022
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-dangote-unable-to-complete-refinery-by-2023-over-cash-constraints/
Don't believe this white guy they know they will loose alot by us bringing an end to importation of refined products. And dangotes wealth is going to rise astronomically towards 80 to 100billion dollars and could even take a shot at being among the 10 richest men in the world..they want to create a FUD just like what happened to luna..do kwon greed and a fud killed that coin
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Eteka1(m): 1:33pm On May 13, 2022
Wike will come to the rescue when elected president.

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:33pm On May 13, 2022
Ordinary 19b dollars Elon monks dey use do give away... this has proved us right... dangote is not self made as the central government broke nah so he go get dry pocket.. abeg make dey no touch that small money inside my bank account ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by sulaak(m): 1:35pm On May 13, 2022
PENNYSWAP:
Let Nigerian government go and buy another percentage of dangote refinery

They will carry money meant for poor masses and pump into a private entity refinery while the state owned refinery is laying dead

Why not invest the $2.5 to $4 bn to build a new 200,000 barrel refinery in Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa or in SE and spread the risk.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Federalis: 1:35pm On May 13, 2022
Dangote still dey find money true true? So Burna boy was right about this?
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by 07kjb: 1:36pm On May 13, 2022
Mooh247:
angry

Shameless Politicians have 100 million to waste

I hope Dangote sells his refined product at international price or sell his products to other African nation since they only have money for APC party form

If u know how much this government have put in the so called private refinary u won't make this statement

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 13, 2022
International cho cho cho
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by chloride6: 1:39pm On May 13, 2022
Refinery na your mate?

Ko easy rara...
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Roysnickz: 1:40pm On May 13, 2022
nedekid:
Hmm, more pressure on the naira against the dollar to fund this project. Also the relieve expected from ending importation if petrol extended.
On a lighter note can't dangote approach Obi Cubana and chief priest for soft loans? Abi billionaire get levels
The money weh hi nid no bi cubana mate.
Contact us for your stamped concrete floors.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by mrdharkchild(m): 1:51pm On May 13, 2022
Boiled corn and coconut is out o.
Them don de sell am for my area

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by DeLaRue: 1:53pm On May 13, 2022
The report looks unprofessional. Some of the details appear unnecessary and too personal. Reads like a personal attack.

It is common for such complex construction projects to experience cost overrun and delays.

1. HSE rail project UK - going to cost over $130 billion, nearly 3 times the original estimate. UK govt is now reducing the distance of the rail in order to bring down the overall cost. And that's a government funded project.

2. Berlin's BER airport GERMANY - Was due to open in 2012. Just before its opening, inspectors found nearly 120,000 defects. It took another 10 years to correct the errors. It finally opened last year, nearly 10 years later. And Germans are supposed to be excellent engineers. Building an airport is not even half as complex as building what Dangote, a private individual, is trying to build in Lagos.

Dangote's project is monumental. He deserves recognition and indeed support for his courage in taking on this project.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Khaysee: 1:56pm On May 13, 2022
You think 19 billion dollars is a joke
Thats a whole lot of trillions in naira

All this iG millionaires and self acclaim billionaire no get 500m dollars in cash and asset

Men clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by descarado: 1:57pm On May 13, 2022
Matters arising.
Remove Nigerian politicians dangote cement not to talk of refinery would have ceased to exist.

Somewhere in igboland one gentleman is quietly building refinery and you won't hear pim.
No govt presence. The refinery will start work and we will still be here hyping dangote with his fleet of thieves.

Tuah.

He should go and learn 101 of business management, growth and sustainability from experts.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by ufotunang: 1:58pm On May 13, 2022
That is why restructuring is the answer to this country...if each states build their own refinery it will be cheaper and easier to build because you are building a smaller refinery that will serve that particular state.with a few population....but when you are building a refinery for a whole country like nigeria with a population of more than 200 million nigerians ..it will cost a lot of money take a lot of time to build because you have to build a very large gigantic refinery to serve the whole country nigeria... that is why dangote refinery is taking more longer to build ... now it's up to 10 years this refinery this refinery was started to build till now it's still not yet completed

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by obailala(m): 1:58pm On May 13, 2022
SweetVibe:
Yar'Adua had a reason he revoke the sale of one of our refinary to Dangote returned it back to the government.
He knew something we don't know
He knew nothing! That was a very poor and nonsensical decision which has left the refineries as moribund carcasses and filthy liabilities.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amazon Mechanical Turk Questions And Answers / Meaning Of CEO, MD And Chairman Of A Company / EFCC Recovers N1bn From Ponzi Scheme Suspects In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.