Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,797 members, 7,834,681 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report (20316 Views)

Dangote, Flour Mills Petition FG, Oppose New Sugar Refinery by BUA / Corona Virus: Small Business Owners Worry Over Cash Flow As Nigeria Prepare To G / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:53pm On May 14, 2022
kkins25:
I don't know why people are pained about the government subsidies that he enjoys. Many other companies get the same, even Huawei in China is supported by their government.

What government in its right senses (oh shit, I forgot, the Nigerian govt is here) would kill a dream that would not only advance science but put their nation ahead of others especially when it comes to space tech. Not even only space tech, look at Tesla for crying out loud. lol.

I hope he gets more funds. i want to at least see humans get more info on more planets before i die.

I hope Musk continues to get more subsidies also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by budaatum: 11:33am On May 15, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’m not uncomfortable at all, especially since Musk’s corporations are appropriately regulated and taxed. Looted and washed public funds can’t be compared to documented and budgeted Government subsidies. Dangote and Elon Musk are two different types of men who head two very different types of companies. The US as a whole benefits both directly and indirectly from the advancements made by Tesla and Space X but I can’t say the same for Dangote.

Nigeria and USA are two different types of countries too, Gen. And assuming Nigeria would not benefit from its first privately owned refinery is, well, I can't actually think of a word, to be honest.

Just the fact that we would import less petrol is a thing to look forward to I'd have thought. And the jobs that would be created and all the other direct and indirect benefits of locally produced petrol and associated chemicals are bound to profit Nigeria. He might even start generating electricity!

I'd give him a chance, myself, instead of raining negative on his refinery. It takes quite a lot to build such a thing in a country like Nigeria.

He should be commended for trying, or rather, I commend him for trying.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by saxby(f): 6:30am On May 17, 2022
StAmbrose1:

They made an engineering mistake that increased the total cost from 9b$ to 19b$ I think. So the loans were taken with an aim in mind.
engineering mistake?, that contractors are to blame for that now. Na dem suppose corver the cost for such mistakes now.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by aieromon(m): 8:09am On Jan 13, 2023
President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to commission the 650,000 barrels per day (bpd) Dangote refinery on January 24, a source close to the project has revealed. The development could ease the supply of petroleum products in the country.

The integrated refinery and petrochemical complex in the Lekki Free Zone near Lagos, Nigeria, will produce Euro-V quality gasoline and diesel, as well as jet fuel and polypropylene and will likely generate 4,000 direct and 145,000 indirect jobs.

It is expected to double Nigeria’s refining capacity and help in meeting the increasing demand for refined petroleum products while providing cost and foreign exchange savings. It is estimated to have an annual refining capacity of 10.4 million tonnes of petrol.

https://businessday.ng/energy/oilandgas/article/buhari-to-commission-650000-bpd-dangote-refinery-january-24/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by XAUBulls: 7:34am On Apr 26, 2023
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by aieromon(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2023
A source at the refinery confirmed to THISDAY last night that the refinery has been completed with pre-inauguration tests ongoing.He disclosed that President Buhari would inaugurate the plant on Monday, May 22.Dangote Industries Limited had earlier hinted that the inauguration of the refinery in Lagos would take place before the end of the tenure of President Buhari on May 29, 2023.

The Group Chief Branding and Communications Officer of Dangote Industries Limited, Mr. Anthony Chiejina, had in a statement debunked reports that the refinery was among the projects scheduled for inaugurated by Buhari during his visit to Lagos in January.

“However, our refinery will be commissioned before President Muhammadu Buhari formally leaves office in May 2023, and the public will be duly informed and invited to the epic event,” the company reportedly said in the statement.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/05/07/relief-as-buhari-inaugurates-dangote-refinery-may-22/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by aieromon(m): 10:09am On May 22, 2023
Commissioning of Dangote Petroleum Refinery & Petrochemicals, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Live)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-j8xWdtSc0

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Myths About Naira Devaluation - Nonso Obikili / Aliko Dangote Is Richer Than Roman Abromovich / Ifeanyi Ubah Donates N150m To Anambra FA & N100m 2 Ifeanyi Ubah FC(Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.