Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Body Scratching After Bath - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Body Scratching After Bath (7077 Views)

Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? / Living With Aquagenic Priuritus (After-Bath Body Itch) / Body Itching After Bath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body Scratching After Bath by limpopo: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2011
help me. after taking my bath(tetmosol soap), my body always scratch me 4 like 30minutes. what can i do. pls advice me
Re: Body Scratching After Bath by limpopo: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2011
what is d name of d infection and what causes it. where can i get ur product.
Re: Body Scratching After Bath by pslm23(f): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2011
which kind of infection?  angry

I have the same problem and so does my husband and we live in the US. It's the water! Our water here can get what we call "hard" or over chlorinated. When that happens you body will itch after baths and showers. Sometimes, it could be the soap being used too. When we take baths, we use a little amount of baking soda in the water and it helps greatly with the itching. I also changed my bathing soap to something with moisturizers in it like Dove.

Anyway, here's a tip on how to soften water

How to Soften Water at Home

[b]There are a variety of ways to soften hard water in the home. The most popular is to install a water-softening machine. But they can be expensive to install, and individuals with significantly restricted sodium or potassium diets cannot always use them. Therefore, manual methods, such as adding sodium bicarbonate (washing soda) have remained in vogue as well.

Difficulty: Moderately Challenging Instructions

Find out the hardness level of your water. If you are on city or county water, call the agency responsible for distributing the water. If you are on well water, contact a local contractor to test your water. In some areas you can also take a sample of your well water in to the city or county offices for testing. There is normally a nominal fee for this service.
Make note of the types of hard minerals in the water (calcium, magnesium, iron, etc.). You may need this information as you explore ways to soften your water.

Determine what the purpose will be of softening the water in your home. Is it to make it easier to wash clothes and handle cleaning chores? Is it to protect pipes and apparatuses in your home? Is it for bathing comfort or for taste? All of these needs can be best addressed with a mechanical water softener, but this information will help you decide the best water softening method for your home.

Examine some of the products available for manually softening wash water as well. Examples include softening tablets and homemade laundry softeners made of sodium bicarbonate or borax. They are extremely limited in their application, and will not protect your pipes or water heater. Although sodium bicarbonate can also be added to bathwater, these products can't remove the sticky feeling when showering with hard water. But they do an adequate job when softening wash water. Calgon also makes tablets that can be added to wash water, which reduces the measuring and mixing required with sodium bicarbonate and borax.

Read more: How to Soften Water at Home | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5048421_soften-water-home.html#ixzz1RzNJKRwM
[/b]
Re: Body Scratching After Bath by limpopo: 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
@pslm23, tanx u very much, i appreciate ur post.b4 d itching usually occur lik twice in a month bt now, it is everyday
Re: Body Scratching After Bath by pslm23(f): 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
limpopo:

@pslm23, tanx u very much, i appreciate your post.b4 d itching usually occur lik twice in a month bt now, it is everyday

you're welcome. Just check your water source or chage the soap you use. When i was in Nigeria and my body kept itching after each shower, i swear i tot i had craw-craw until i moved to the US and my dermatologist told me what it could be. There is actually a kind of filter that one can buy and attach to taps and shower head and it has a chemical that will soften the water and remove most impurities. That's water i use in my home.
Next time u want to bath, add a table spoon of bicarbonate soda into your water. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Body Scratching After Bath by limpopo: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2011
@pslm23, u really made my day, tanx once again.
Re: Body Scratching After Bath by bumpadeals: 10:42am On Jan 23, 2016
Fair Used ion exchange machine for Treating Hard Water

Process Description
The IONMASTER CC is an automatically regenerating Counter-Current Two Bed deioniser. The normal function of this equipment is to produce deionised water at a quality better than 5µS/cm for client process or to further purify water already treated by processes such as Reverse Osmosis.
The deioniser has two vessels within which are housed three different types of resin - Cation, Anion & Inert. When viewed from the front, the Cation resin is contained within the left hand vessel, whilst the Anion Resin is contained within the right hand vessel. The inert resin is used to ensure that each vessel is fully packed on completion of regeneration.
Specification
IONMASTER 10 CC
Maximum Service Flow Rate – 10 m3 per hour.
Chemical Draw Volumes / Regeneration Times & Flow Rates
(Based on 32% W/W Hydrochloric Acid and 32% W/W Sodium Hydroxide)
Regeneration
Chemical Draw – 20 Minutes at * m3 per hour.
Volume of Hydrochloric Acid – * Litres.
Hydrochloric Acid Flow Rate – * Litres/hour
Volume of Sodium Hydroxide – * Litres.
Caustic Soda Flow Rate – * Litres/Hour
Chemical Displacement – 20 Minutes at * m3 per hour.
Fast Rinse – 10 Minutes at * m3 per hour.
Recycle to Quality – Maximum of 60 Minutes at 10 m3 per hour.
Average Water Quality - Better than 5µS/cm.
Regeneration Frequency - The unit automatically regenerates when the quality of Deionised water produced falls below a preset set point. Regeneration frequency is determined by the quality of the feed water and the volume of water treated.
Feed Water Quality - Potable Water or better.
Compressed Air - Is required to operate this unit and should be oil free and regulated to 60 – 80 PSI (4 – 5.5 Bar).
Drains should be suitable for the discharge of effluent from the Ionmaster CC.
The maximum flow rate to drain is 10 m3 per hour.
Electrical Supply – A three phase 380/415VAC at 50hZ plus Neutral and Earth Supply is required with a rating of 1.7kW.

Re: Body Scratching After Bath by bumpadeals: 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
More Samples a completed water treatment projects.

This particular client has Hydrogen Sulfide in his water which cause odour.

Visit our service page for more info and inquiries http://bumpadeals.com/index.php/bumpaservices, call 08171328121 or send a mail to bumpadeals@gmail.com for a free quotation. We are also available for on-site visitation.

Re: Body Scratching After Bath by bumpadeals: 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
More Samples a completed water treatment projects.

This Client requested for a complete water filtration system with a water softener tank and Dosing system.

Visit our service page for more info and inquiries http://bumpadeals.com/index.php/bumpaservices, call 08171328121 or send a mail to bumpadeals@gmail.com for a free quotation. We are also available for on-site visitation

Re: Body Scratching After Bath by bumpadeals: 6:51am On Apr 06, 2016
The Installation of a 2000Liters/hr Reverse Osmosis System at Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suW-llRhciQ

BumpaServices offers various solutions to your water treatment needs. With experienced technical staffs, We can handle any of your water treatment needs. We also provide on-site training of personnel for continuous maintenance of the treatment system.
Our expertise is highly recommended and sort after by home developers and Industries. We can also give you a preview of what to expect using CAD softwares on demand.
Visit our service page for more info http://bumpadeals.com/index.php/bumpaservices, call 08171328121 or send a mail to bumpadeals@gmail.com for a free quotation. We are also available for on-site visitation

Re: Body Scratching After Bath by bumpadeals: 9:58am On Apr 25, 2016
Providing Maintenance for an already installed water treatment plant.
#Cleanandsafewater
#watertreatment
#ironremoval

Visit our service page for more info http://bumpadeals.com/index.php/bumpaservices, call 08171328121 or send a mail to bumpadeals@gmail.com for a free quotation. We are also available for on-site visitation

Re: Body Scratching After Bath by bumpadeals: 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
2000Lit/Hr Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant delivered at Knight-Bridge Court, Banana Island by Bumpadeals Nigeria Limited. Providing clean and safe water to Nigerians.
#Cleanandsafewater
#watertreatment
#ironremoval

Re: Body Scratching After Bath by bumpadeals: 10:15am On May 03, 2017
Bumpadeals have come a long way, researching and working on, newer more efficient and more affordable Water Treatment systems. We continually improve our systems to make sure we give our clients the best.

Our own designed Reverse Osmosis Machine, With Over-Load and short-circuit protection. (Phase failure protection for 3-phase systems). Provides clean, safe drinking water for Household, Offices, Hospitals, Industries, Water production Companies. With One year Warranty. (Note: Our warranty does not cover consumable parts eg. Micron Filter)

Visit our service page for more info www.bumpadeals.com www.bumpaservices.com, call 08171328121 or send a mail to bumpadeals@gmail.com for a free quotation. We are also available for on-site visitation.

(1) (Reply)

Help! 33 Teeth And Counting / COVID-19 Update For December 14 2020 In Nigeria / Proper Facilities Management In Hospitals Is Vital To Disease Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.