Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) (50724 Views)

Putin Partakes In Russia's Nuclear War Drill 'GROM' In Message To NATO (Photos) / Germany To Use Firewood, Coal If Russia Cuts Off Gas Supply / Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by Joshuazedd(m): 10:34pm On May 13, 2022
Can they also invade Finland because they have boundaries with Russia?
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by grandstar(m): 10:35pm On May 13, 2022
Kingpin1000:
You dey chop my food, you still want fight me.
Na the food you dey chop dey give you strength to challenge, so make I stop to give you food and make we see how you go get strength take fight me_ Russia

The food isn't free. Also, the benefit is only short-term.

Norway which shares a border with Finland is very rich in energy. It owns STATOIL. They may eventually step in to fill Russia's place.

However, how quickly they can step in is unsure. It might take years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by Holla911(m): 10:38pm On May 13, 2022
With this recent move from Russia and drift in Europe, I shed tears for bitcoin investors.
Watch stable coins drop into oblivon �
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by egoldman(m): 10:39pm On May 13, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Exactly what I would have done.....

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/WHvSd9.gif[/img]

...they should also cut the 'fresh air' supplied to Nigeria!

Bro, plz I need to learn how to make these moving memes,can you help?
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by anonimi: 10:39pm On May 13, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Na the food you dey chop dey give you strength to challenge, so make I stop to give you food and make we see how you go get strength take fight me_ Russia

Is that your reaction to American and Western sanctions against Zimbabwe, Venezuela, Iran etc?
Or you are a wailing hypocrite lasan ni

3 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 10:40pm On May 13, 2022
koo

3 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by IMAliyu(m): 10:41pm On May 13, 2022
Heathrow44:
This is good for Finland and nordic countries, the former soviet union members need to detach themselves fully from Russia, Russia is so stupid to have used their queen as a first move, so there's no more deterrent to Finland's onward move to join the NATO bloc other than nuclear threats, but with this makes Finland more independent to make future decisions without the coercion of russia
It's like Russia doesn't actually know how to gain allies. They keep using threats and bullying tactics on its neighbors, thinking it's going to continue working.
Them just outrightly invading Ukraine has proven the fears of their neighbors (Georgia and Finland). Literally pushing them into the hands of NATO.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by tunjijones(m): 10:41pm On May 13, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
This war is just revealing how big Russia is.

So imagine Finland, a European country cannot generate its own electricity which means they are on Niger Republic and Benin third world level.

Nigeria is better than a lot of countries but our inferiority complex won't let us see it.

Nigeria is not better and can never be better than Finland.

If you have left the shores of this country then you wld know that many African countries have a better standard of living than your so called Nigeria.

If you don't know what you are missing you won't even know you are missing anything. Nigeria is missing out on civilization. If you go to other countries then you wld know that Nigeria is a mess.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by legionISproteus: 10:43pm On May 13, 2022
DailymailUK is like saharareporters pro max

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by fredoooooo: 10:46pm On May 13, 2022
KillerCrocodile:
All this NEWS or NOISE was factored into their plan before they made the decision to join NATO....

Putin's Russia is like a man rearing chicken waiting for Christmas to arrive....

He is not feeding the chicken because he loves the chicken,

He is feeding the chicken because he has other ideas at Christmas.

The Finnish parliament have weighed the Pros and Cons of countinous romance with Putin's Russia...

They decided that it is not worth it...... Hence their decision to join NATO.

The same nation that supply you electricity, oil and gas today would wake up tomorrow and Invade your nation because of their desire to restore the old Soviet Union.

Finland had lost vast land to Russia in the Winter War and they are not ready to loose more land to Putin's Russia in the future.

Know your enemies early and let them know that you know their evil Christmas plans.

A big lie , it's NATO that's extending not Russia or the soviet union... you people and hypocrisy.
The west is always the oppressor and at the same time the victim ... just imagine, can they take all they're doing to others ? Definitely NO

3 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by tnerro1(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

The West has been successfully circumventing Russia, traveling to and from Asia since the start of the war. Russia gatekeeps nothing.

Can you list the Asian countries that have placed sanctions on Russia apart from Japan?

1 Like

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by grandstar(m): 10:50pm On May 13, 2022
This Russian/Ukraine war is nothing compared to what may happen in the South China Seas.

It seems Joe Biden is elevating the status of Taiwan to being a fully independent country. Taiwan wants to remove the Republic of China from the country's name. China is already conducting very troublesome army drills, simulating an invasion of Taiwan.

An invasion of Taiwan will severely disrupt the global supply chain. There's hardly any electronic equipment without a component from Taiwan. It is a leader in microchips, if not the global leader. The iPhone for instance is made in China by a Taiwanese company called Foxconn. Foxconn employs over a million people in China. An invasion will simply lead to a stoppage of production in many factories all over the globe.

Joe Biden seems ready to stand by Taiwan. Once an invasion happens, I would advice all to set their eyes on God's kingdom.

Already, Climate Change is now adversely affecting agriculture production. The droughts in South America and poor production of soya beans in America has led to skyrocketing prices of edible oils globally. The absence o Ukrainian and Russia's sunflower oil in the market place only worsened matters. In future, a lot of food may be produced in skyscrapers structures and not on typical farmland.
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by ZUBY77(m): 10:50pm On May 13, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

So imagine Finland, a European country cannot generate its own electricity which means they are on Niger Republic and Benin third world level.

Nigeria is better than a lot of countries but our inferiority complex won't let us see it.

Too many uninformed dudes here. Nigeria supplying Ghana with electricity does not mean Ghana cant generate their own. It means cheaper option. necessity is the mother of invention.

6 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by VeryWickedMan: 10:51pm On May 13, 2022
[s]
kals4luv990:
sharrap ya mouth
[/s]

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by Emmanueltrinity(f): 10:51pm On May 13, 2022
if Putin was young I would have dated him , man of the soil a no nonsense man , a man who build bridges with neighbour's that have sense , and who can't be proxy controlled by the God forsaken west , a man who call a spade a spade, a man with the Best interest of Africa , a man against imperialism , a man who talk less and act more , a man who name threatens the either satanic controlled west and so called 30 country NATO... Putin na man you be

1 Like

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by bakar007: 10:54pm On May 13, 2022
WriterNig:

Russia suspends electricity supplies to Finland, a supplier said on Friday as tensions rise over Helsinki's NATO bid amid Moscow's military campaign in Ukraine.

'We are forced to suspend the electricity import starting from May 14,' said RAO Nordic, a subsidiary of Russian state energy holding Inter RAO.

'RAO Nordic is not able to make payments for the imported electricity from Russia.'

The firm is not directly faced with Western sanctions over the invasion into Ukraine, Montel News reports. However the outlet adds Inter Rao Lietuva - its 51% owned Lithuanian subsidiary - is.

MailOnline has reached out to RAO Nordic for more information.

It comes as Russia yesterday accused Finland of 'pushing above its weight' as the country signalled its intention to join NATO.

Putin's EU ambassador vowed to bolster defences on the Russia and Finland's shared 800-mile-long border if it decided to join the alliance.

Vladimir Chizhov said if Finland joined it would lead to 'certain military-technical measures, like improving or raising the degree of defence preparations along the Finnish border'.

A move would 'certainly necessitate rethinking of Russian defence posture' but not 'necessarily [involve] troops and tanks, but certain preparations like radars, perhaps', he told Sky News.

Yesterday a former British ambassador to Russia has said there may be 'much more Russian nuclear deployment in the Baltic' areas in response to Finland potentially becoming a NATO member in light of the war in Ukraine.

Sir Tony Brenton told BBC's Newsnight programme the Kremlin may think 'it expands their view of NATO as a threat to them'.

He said: 'They will be very conscious especially as this war winds its way to a conclusion that their conventional forces have not produced the results they hoped for.

'They will be increasingly inclined therefore to use their nuclear strength as a demonstration they need to be taken seriously.

'I think we need to resign ourselves to the likelihood of much more Russian nuclear deployment in the Baltic area as a response to Finland's accession to NATO, when it comes, and Sweden's very likely one as well.'

Evil west still trying their best to circle Russia after the failed Ukraine attempt, those clowns representing Finland and Sweden have sold the lives of their people for Westen interest. Why try to bring war to your people for no reason??
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by Nyne: 10:54pm On May 13, 2022
Akuruoulo:

U must find alternative to support urself.
They actually will not died

Open your eyes and support the Truth.
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by olas24u(f): 10:56pm On May 13, 2022
[quote author=jimetagambo post=112805170]
Because just one or two western country would be far richer than all alliances Russia can put together (with the exception of China and maybe India - ps: the latter countries are not even ready to form an alliance with Russia as they are scared of sanctions). Lots of money is needed to fight and sustain a warcheesy[/quot
This is false
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:58pm On May 13, 2022
tnerro1:

Can you list the Asian countries that have placed sanctions on Russia apart from Japan?

You’ve resorted to trying to change the subject by asking me a question to deflect from your moot point.

Once again, you said Russia is the gatekeeper of Asia. I replied that the West is comfortably navigating around Russia for uninterrupted dealing with Asia. Again, what is Russia the gatekeeper of outside of Russia?

4 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by caracas: 10:58pm On May 13, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Mumu talk

2 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by caracas: 11:00pm On May 13, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

How does this proof that Russia is big?
How many countries does Nigeria supply electricity?
Abi nija too is also big?

3 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by IMAliyu(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2022
fredoooooo:

A big lie , it's NATO that's extending not Russia or the soviet union... you people and hypocrisy.
The west is always the oppressor and at the same time the victim ... just imagine, can they take all they're doing to others ? Definitely NO
The way you people say it's NATO that's expanding.
First off do you even know what NATO is and what type of alliance it is?

It's not some type of conquering army invading one European country after another.
A country chooses for it's own self interests to join on its own will, and other NATO members have to accept them in.
A lot of eastern Europe after suffering under Soviet oppression chose to join NATO in fear and for protection from future invasions by Russia, which with Ukraine proved their fears correct.

Russia is acting like a bully instead of being diplomatic to it's neighbors, further pushing them into NATO'S hands.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by tnerro1(m): 11:02pm On May 13, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You’ve resorted to trying to change the subject by asking me a question to deflect from your moot point.

Simple question list and you have started to perambulate up and down.

This world war you are looking for, if you think it will not affect you in ur little corner, I laugh at you. There are already fault lines in Nigeria, it just needs the world to be distracted by other events for it to explode

1 Like

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 11:03pm On May 13, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

The US is cutting the production of gasoline engine vehicles in half by 2030. Counting mine, there are 5 electric cars on my street alone. Other countries are even more advanced in the transition to clean energy than the US. It’ll be here sooner than you think.

What commodities will they use until then (2030)? And
all the exploration and production companies out there, what next? Guessing these electric cars are very, very cheap with sustainable production themselves.

Realistically.

A lot of posturing for the next few decades. Hopefully, technological advancements will help the green world come true quicker.
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by almarthins(m): 11:03pm On May 13, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Ignorance get as e dey sound.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by IMAliyu(m): 11:03pm On May 13, 2022
bakar007:

Evil west still trying their best to circle Russia after the failed Ukraine attempt, those clowns representing Finland and Sweden have sold the lives of their people for Westen interest. Why try to bring war to your people for no reason??
Why attack a country for no reason?

1 Like

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:06pm On May 13, 2022
bakar007:

Russia’s Western Border is already covered by NATO countries with Ukraine being the only non-NATO country. Putin had a chance to ‘bring war’ to his neighboring countries (Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia) when they all joined NATO in 2004 but he didn’t do shit. Putin won’t do shit when Finland and Sweden join either. He tried Ukraine because he thought it was weak.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by Highways: 11:06pm On May 13, 2022
He said a little less than 10 percent of electricity consumed in Finland comes from Russia.
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by egoldman(m): 11:08pm On May 13, 2022
NwaNimo1:

Why not....let me screen you first.

[img]https:///media/8-05-2015/4lIc2L.gif[/img]

Cool, may I pm you now? grin
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by almarthins(m): 11:10pm On May 13, 2022
caracas:

Mumu talk

No mind that one. Person dey give u food wey dey plan Ur death. All those kind of friendly enemy na dem bad pass
Re: Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:10pm On May 13, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

What commodities will they use until then (2030)? And
all the exploration and production companies out there, what next? Guessing these electric cars are very, very cheap with sustainable production themselves.

A lot of posturing for the next few decades. Hopefully, technological advancements will help the green world come true quicker.

Motor engines have been evolving over the past 20 years, moving closer and closer to clean energy. Emissions policies became stricter then fuel efficient vehicles started replacing regular ones. After that, automakers began incorporating hybrid engines, and now fully electric vehicles are growing in production and use.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PICS: Meet Sudan’s Minister Of Water Resources And Irrigation / China Unveils Deadly New Anti-submarine Drone( Pics, Video) / US Congress Asks Google To Explain Why Trump's Photo Shows When You Type 'idiot'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.