Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

New Chelsea Owner,todd Boehly Meets Thomas Tuchel And Players At Training Ground - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / New Chelsea Owner,todd Boehly Meets Thomas Tuchel And Players At Training Ground (660 Views)

Manchester United Fans Protest Against Club Owners At Training Ground (Photos) / Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match / Real Madrid Stars Show Off Their Awards At Training After The Fifa's Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Chelsea Owner,todd Boehly Meets Thomas Tuchel And Players At Training Ground by Sportsweb: 8:22pm On May 13, 2022
New Chelsea owner, Todd Boehly meets Thomas Tuchel and Emma Hayes Hayes for the first time at Chelsea training ground.

The American billionaire sealed Chelsea takeover when he reached an agreement to buy the club in a team worth $4 billion.

Todd Boehly and his consortium, Clearlake Capital, Walters and billionaire Wyss Hansjorg combined to takeover the club ending Roman Abramovich’s 19 years as Chelsea owner.

Although there things Todd Boehly consortium cannot do as Roman Abramovich inserted a restriction clause to prevent the new owners from selling the club’s shares to the public.

READ HERE: What Is Anti Glazer Law Inserted By Roman Abramovich In Todd Boehly’s Chelsea Takeover Deal

Todd Boehly visited Cobham today and meet with Thomas Tuchel and Emma Hayes for the first time since buying the club.

According to reports, the American wows the women’s boss with his ‘passion’ for football.

Thomas Tuchel finally get the opportunity to meet with his new employer and hopefully he tells him his transfer targets and plans to move the club forward.

Thomas Tuchel and Emma Hayes are unable to sign or renew player contracts due to British government sanctions placed on the club because of Roman Abramovich.

However, the sanction will soon be removed after the paperwork and Todd Boehly’s consortium deal is approved by UK government and the English Premier League body.

The women’s coach, Hayes had the opportunity to sat down with Boehly ahead of her side’s FA Cup final against Manchester City on Sunday and discussions over the future were overwhelmingly positive.

I had lunch with Todd,’ Hayes revealed. ‘He watched the girls train, I had a really lovely couple of hours with him.

‘[He was] delightful, really passionate, he’s just a normal down to earth guy, really passionate about Chelsea, he loves Chelsea.

He’s ambitious, as we are, and it’s a perfect fit. I saw him at one of the games he went to at Stamford Bridge but he was upstairs and I was downstairs!’

Emma Hayes on Todd Boehly
Chelsea are looking to make it a league and Cup double on Sunday and will have Fran Kirby available for the first time since February.

The forward has overcome a fatigue-related illness to put herself in contention for the final game of the season at Wembley.

‘We’ve got a full strength squad to pick from including Fran Kirby so we’re in a much better position than we were going into the Conti Cup final,’ Hayes said.

Chelsea Women will take i Manchester City at Wembley in the Conti Cup final after Chelsea vs Liverpool clash on Saturday.

Share or comment on this article: New Chelsea Owner, Todd Boehly Meets Thomas Tuchel At The Training Ground For The First

Read here Todd Boehly Meets Thomas Tuchel
Re: New Chelsea Owner,todd Boehly Meets Thomas Tuchel And Players At Training Ground by Nackzy: 8:25pm On May 13, 2022
Pls don't bring us down oo

1 Like

Re: New Chelsea Owner,todd Boehly Meets Thomas Tuchel And Players At Training Ground by Streetmovement(m): 8:33pm On May 13, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Make this man do make our face and shoe keep shining because like this I wan make we buy buy wetin no good for next season.

I wan dey wound people next season.
Re: New Chelsea Owner,todd Boehly Meets Thomas Tuchel And Players At Training Ground by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 13, 2022
Re: New Chelsea Owner,todd Boehly Meets Thomas Tuchel And Players At Training Ground by lordchiz(m): 9:30pm On May 13, 2022
No be by visiting...Na to do the needful by signing consistently on the needed positions! Correct signing oooo....not Akamu players like Man U and Arsenal do sign!

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The Highest Paid Player After Al-Nassr Deal / Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Cryptic Message Following Al-nassr Title Loss / Enyimba Fc Of Aba Emerge Winners Of 2023 Npfl Super Six

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.