Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,504 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Silence Means Consent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Silence Means Consent (214 Views)

Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent / I Empathise With Busola Dakolo - Pastor Sam Adeyemi Breaks His Silence / Bible Parable And Sermon: The Prodigal Son and what it really means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Silence Means Consent by Roland1091(m): 9:45pm On May 14, 2022
I will go straight to the point...

How come Mvslims don't find it strange to kiII for their Prophet, and still be saying "Peace Be Upon Him" whenever they mention his name?... How do mere mortals come to see it as a "Virtue" to fight for a God they called the Most Powerful, Most Gracious & Most Merciful??... How do adherents of a Religion'of'Peace engage in the mvrderous act of kiIIing a fellow human being while screaming "Allah Akbar" (God'is'Great) to a benevolent and beneficent God... Absolutely HOW!!!
Because... Blas'phemy.
Oh the perplexing irony!

I always struggle to reconcile the fact that Mvslims can freely call other people derogatory names like Kafir, Arne, Pagans, Infidels, Unbelievers, Idol Worshippers, etc... but if the favour is returned, that's Blas'phemy!.

This is nothing but a blatant exhibition of Cultural
Supremacy. And do you know the worse part? The so-called Moderate Muslims will not speak out publicly against the terrible things being done under the cover of their preferred religion. You have such people on your friends list in facebook, go and check their walls whenever an
attrocity is committed under their religion...TOTAL SILENCE... But when they are at the receiving end, they are quick to scream "Islamophobia!" If you ask them for their opinions on any horrible incident perpetrated in the name of Islam, they say "Oh we don't support such things"... so WHY remain
silent That is the REAL Danger... because that is the same way they will bvry their heads in the sand and say nothing if the victim was YOU.

Perhaps the moderate Mvslims are victims, too?. Case in point is Atiku who was forced to take down his posts yesterday. Because they know that they are expendable, when in opposition to fanatical fundamentalists... if push comes to shove, they can be gotten rid of, if they dare to speak out. Yet they deceive themselves that they practice the Religion'of'Peace.

That day's horrible incident in Sokoto is not the first time that such atrocities has been committed, neither would it be the last time that such would happen. And this is because the government have set a precedent of doing NOTHING about it, you know, the perpetrators
always go scot-free. In fact, some are praised and celebrated, even become like heroes.

We all remember the case of Deaconess Eunice
Olawale, about 6 years ago (July, 2016) who was
mvrdered by "suspected religious extremists" while preaching in Abuja, Nigeria. They slit her throat, and placed her head on her Bible. Where are her kill'ers? Her death case remains unresolved.

When the death of the Deaconess was trending, I remembered vividly that I blocked someone, a friend from my university days, just because he said "Why Did She Go & Evangelise Near A Mosque?". But before blocking him, I asked "Would You Have Asked That Question If She Was Your Mother?".

That is how religion stealthily robs people of their Humanity, such that they tend to overlook the horrible things done in the name of their preferred Religion. If something does not affect them directly, they will try to excuse, rationalize or even justify it to fit their shameless bias.. even in heinous cases, like Mvrder.

Yes, people would argue in support of Mvrder,
especially when it's in defense of their religious
agenda, narrative or sentiment. Which is why I don't care how close we are, or what
you mean to me... once we begin to have friction
because of Religious issues, I will just cut you off. That is NOT negotiable, on my part. It's better safe than sorry.

That is how dangerously divisive Religion has
always been. It never unites the ideological differences we all have as a people or race.

So going forwards, if you don't want Religion to be the reason why we go our separate ways, learn how to see others the way you see yourself... as a Human Being! Because honestly, all the stress and strain of trying to prioritise unknown dead Jews and Arabs over your known living fellow citizen is not worth it.

WHY would you prefer to kiII yourselves, and destroy your relationships, here on Earth... only to die, and you will still not make Heaven. Because the clever people who packaged Religion ab initio have made the qualifying requirements too impossible to attain.

Just imagine... no matter how well you live your life now, ancient people who have died centuries ago made very difficult rules to ensure you cannot qualify to enjoy their idea of an imaginary Afterlife.

We all know that every time there is an issue that brings about public outcry, we all become emergency Experts. And social media gives everyone a voice, which is not a bad thing in itself. But that means we also are exposed to lots of ignorance, lots of stupid defenses, lots of false equivalences, and what have you.

Religious differences aside...the issue here is not even about Blas'phemy. We all know that is some contrived bullcrap, in a secular nation. The actual issue here is the brazen, macabre and reckless confidence with which that mob kiIIed a harmless, subdued young lady in Broad daylight.

Fact is, that young lady would still be alive today if Religion is a good thing. Any objections to this claim? No? You see, that is the whole point of this lengthy epistle...

Religion poisons everything!

And the Fan'atics giving Islam a bad name are just a minority. But the spineless, cowardly "Moderates" who are the clear majority are either too afraid to speak out, or maybe they are secretly in support of the suppression, subjugation and annihilation of the "Unbelievers".

Religion will kiII us all, if we don't kiII Religion first...

I rest my case.
Re: Silence Means Consent by Drillminded: 10:22pm On May 14, 2022
Anyone believing in religion is automatically mentally unbalanced .... most likely schizophrenia!

And I mean anyone in any capacity.

1 Like

Re: Silence Means Consent by tobechi20(m): 11:29pm On May 14, 2022
Silent means to scared to resist

(1) (Reply)

Africa Lady Abandoned Her People That Needs Prayer And Started Praying For Cauca / ECHR Delivers Judgement Against Russia In Favour Of Jehovah's Witnesses / The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 124.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.