Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder (25426 Views)

Why Buhari’s Quiet Over Allegations Of Irregularities Against INEC — Garba Shehu / Apostle Chibuzor Hands Over DEBORAH ESTATE To Deborah Samuel's Parents (Photos) / 20 People Convert To Christianity Over Deborah Samuel's Death - Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Luzebox(m): 10:41pm On May 15, 2022
Onokwu001:
No one killed her for not being a Muslim, even if a Muslim insult the prophet, the punishment is death.
Check your Bible it was written their
oga no add to our bible...jesus was beaten ..spat on....even wen peter tried to fight for him...he stopped him and healed the soldier dat was hurt...now that is love....not the madness you people talk about...This just prove how evil islamic teaching is...
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by BafanaBafana: 10:45pm On May 15, 2022
mu2sa2:
Very sensible post. I don't know what a Christian will gain by insulting muslims or their Prophet. Look at muslims - no muslims will ever insult Jesus, not even one out of 1.2 billion muslims worlwide. Deborah was killed needlessly, but she shouldn't have lost her life if she acted wisely and not deliberately recklessly. She spoke hausa with Sokoto accent perfectly like a native speaker ( I don't know whether hausa is her native tongue). Having been living in an overwhelmingly Muslim community and with her fluency in hausa she should have known that the abusive hausa word she used would evoke the kind of emotion it did. Even if a Muslim had used that word, he would have been in the same boat with her. This, though, is not justifying people taking the law into their own hands because only a court of law can pronounce a person guilty of an offence.
What word did she use? I have seen several posts saying different things
What was the exact thing she said please
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Bnladan(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
Leave that matter.

Omo you need something deeper...

Is ur maale dat deep? Mek she collect. My gbola big
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by jimcaddy(m): 11:01pm On May 15, 2022
When I keep saying it that we Nigerians are the problem of ourselves, we keep blaming government. But we ourselves we have issues. It's because they think that the so called Deborah is nobody, so they won't talk. If this happened to a high profile notable person, they would have talked. We are so messed up mentally in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by chaloskyx: 11:54pm On May 15, 2022
O is this how rapture is described in the bible i thought we would all just vanish and be singing on our way up to heaven not hounded like and animal and burnt up if that's the case Christianity is not worth it o!!! i did not sign up for this
LutherSanchez:
Her own rapture has come. It was her time to meet her creator. May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by ddeola: 1:27am On May 16, 2022
Because there is no record anywhere that the perpetrators of such in the pass NEVER get prosecuted owing to BAD LEADERSHIP. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Lovelive: 5:52am On May 16, 2022
You have no conscience.

logiccal:

Deborah did.

If you had shown your anger, I am sure el rufa'i would have apologized to you. But you didn't. Which means you tolerate all sort of things. But Muslims dont.

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by maestroferddi: 6:50am On May 16, 2022
Bnladan:

Is ur maale dat deep? Mek she collect. My gbola big
Jesus will help a needy soul like yours..

Surrender your life to him now.

We have seen violent Muslim extremists give their lives to Jesus.

Yes you can do it....He will strengthen and protect you.

You will become a new man and the hatred and violent nature will vanish because Satan will no longer have influence over your life.

Jesus loves you.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by 1877evv: 7:01am On May 16, 2022
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

Not long ago, your fraustrated self was already trying to show the world the difference between different type of lynching, according to you, lynching because you were accused of stealing is a lesser crime
[/s]
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Bnladan(m): 8:02am On May 16, 2022
maestroferddi:
Jesus will help a needy soul like yours..

Surrender your life to him now.

We have seen violent Muslim extremists give their lives to Jesus.

Yes you can do it....He will strengthen and protect you.

You will become a new man and the hatred and violent nature will vanish because Satan will no longer have influence over your life.

Jesus loves you.
What do u worship? How many Gods do you have?
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by maestroferddi: 8:17am On May 16, 2022
Bnladan:

What do u worship? How many Gods do you have?
I know you will be interested in the salvation of your soul.

The change which will accompany the surrendering of your soul to Jesus will convince you that Jesus is the way to God, the Almighty.

It goes beyond social media banter and trying to win an argument.

There have many who fought and rebelled against obeying the call to embrace Jesus just like you are doing now...

But when they eventually did, they couldn't exchange it for anything in the world...

What does the fact that some of the most influential Christian leaders in Nigeria today were once Muslims tell you?
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:37am On May 16, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

I'm not saying that was bad though, he was a black man like me.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

No one is holding any vigil for her, why are we doing this to ourselves?

Good question to think on. US Celebrities of all races spoke up for George Floyd. Nigerian celebrities and regular immigrants here in America haven’t used their voices to bring awareness and help. Celebrities in Nigeria with international platforms are missing an opportunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Bnladan(m): 9:52am On May 16, 2022
maestroferddi:
I know you will be interested in the salvation of your soul.

The change which will accompany the surrendering of your soul to Jesus will convince you that Jesus is the way to God, the Almighty.

It goes beyond social media banter and trying to win an argument.

There have many who fought and rebelled against obeying the call to embrace Jesus just like you are doing now...

But when they eventually did, they couldn't exchange it for anything in the world...

What does the fact that some of the most influential Christian leaders in Nigeria today were once Muslims tell you?
abeg gettat of his clown
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by God1000(m): 9:54am On May 16, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Good question to think on. US Celebrities of all races spoke up for George Floyd. Nigerian celebrities and regular immigrants here in America haven’t used their voices to bring awareness and help. Celebrities in Nigeria with international platforms are missing an opportunity.

That's very bad of them, I'm very upset about their silence

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by maestroferddi: 10:00am On May 16, 2022
Bnladan:
abeg gettat of his clown
Just take your time and reflect on what you have heard...
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by rikithor(m): 2:19pm On May 16, 2022
It's CAN and PFN most responsibility to take up this matter to a lasting conclusion.If it happens to nollyhood member or if anyone from nollyhood family become victim of anything will you put it the Church?
The church, CAN and PFN has been writing petitions to UN, UK,US,Ecowas against Christians human right violations,what reactions have we gotten from that?
Britain is worst off,UN is motion without movement,US is diplomatic tufaced.Ecowas is under fulani government control.

I am alleging that leadership of CAN/PFN has been compromised at several points where issues such as this comes up,how do I say so?
I have not seen nor read that they pursue any petitions to a logical conclusion.
Unfortunately,she died for expressing her convinced faith ,acceptably or not,she is a matyr cos she didn't deny the son of God so she can escape death.
All of you Christians in this APC government has been denying your faith,you hold your � tongues and actions,to save their positions, pockets,to save their connections to save political careers.like one vp and others.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 5:50pm On May 16, 2022
Lovelive:
You have no conscience.

I highly doubt that.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 5:55pm On May 16, 2022
Unclesamo:

Good..
the audio wasn't too long to comprehend.

let's make things easier...

Can you interpret your own understanding of the Hausa she spoke??

with this, I will understand the point of Argument..

Check my answer to GoldDolpin... We discussed it.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Injera(f): 6:39pm On May 16, 2022
logiccal:

Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

Like it or not, what Deborah did was stupid.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.
Jesus is a revered figure too to millions of Nigerians, for Sterling bank to off- handedly compared His resurrection to a bread rising is blasphemy.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 6:52pm On May 16, 2022
Injera:

Jesus is a revered figure too to millions of Nigerians, for Sterling bank to off- handedly compared His resurrection to a bread rising is blasphemy.

I keep saying it's your fault you let it slide.
If Sterling bank tried that nonsense with Muslims, I'm sure by the end of the end... Every Muslim would have closed their accounts with sterling bank.

Once again, you let people get away with intentionally disrespecting your religion.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by GloriousGbola: 7:56pm On May 16, 2022
logiccal:

I keep saying it's your fault you let it slide.
If Sterling bank tried that nonsense with Muslims, I'm sure by the end of the end... Every Muslim would have closed their accounts with sterling bank.

Once again, you let people get away with intentionally disrespecting your religion.

Chinese are imprisoning, re.educating and sterilising Chinese Muslims. I am.sure you have responded to that nonsense by boycotting all products made in China.

Isreal is attacking Palestinians in mosques. I am sure Saudi Arabia is now boycotting isreali surveillance technology.

No be so?
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Topzee109: 6:52pm On May 29, 2022
Benmob:
d idiot muslim serling bank man , that blaspheme Jesus Christ that compare him with agege bread and El rufai that have blaspheme Jesus Christ so many time, did u see any Christian attacking them, u pussy ass F
Emotions, is he the one handling sterling bank adverts, or is he the head of their advertising department

It might even be a Christian that initiated the advert
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Topzee109: 6:54pm On May 29, 2022
ceejay80s:

it simply means u are blind just like ur aboki broda beggers in lagos, so ur bank broda that insulted Jesus on Easter on a newspaper advert, u no see am? u and Mohamed are bastards...do ur worst, I ain't Deborah, I am ready to die, and will take some of u with me, that is....if I will die, trust me, I am brutal, all Christians Need to stand like Israel fighting , Philistines and other Arab country, let's do same here, na only them good to carry daga knife and when a Christian pick stone from ground police will arrest, it simply means they are above us, let the war start now, nnamdi kanu has not escaped, mko abiola didn't escape bout an aboki has escaped but this idiot has escaped as if I dont know that police cells are always locked, why others no escape? and they tagged the idiot as a Niger abi na Iran, God punish Mohamed, do ur worse
How sure are you he is the one that handled the advert, is he the head of advertising dept in the bank

It might even be a Christian that made the post
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by samedi74(m): 4:21am On Jun 26, 2022
LutherSanchez:
You don't believe that there's rapture, buh you believe there's a NEXT PHASE??
When you get to open your 3rd eye, I can have this conversation with you, but for now, understand whatever you can from the previous message. Bye bitch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Reacts As Presidency Queries Obasanjo’s Absence At Democracy Day / Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) / I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.