Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder (25457 Views)

Why Buhari’s Quiet Over Allegations Of Irregularities Against INEC — Garba Shehu / Apostle Chibuzor Hands Over DEBORAH ESTATE To Deborah Samuel's Parents (Photos) / 20 People Convert To Christianity Over Deborah Samuel's Death - Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by kazyhm(m): 10:28am On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

I'm not saying that was bad though, he was a black man like me.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

No one is holding any vigil for her, why are we doing this to ourselves?

Nigeria is an annex....and in that annexure, Nigeria is the subordinate
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by minasu190: 10:28am On May 15, 2022
You mean politicians?..oh they're busy pursuing their ambitious of becoming next president,or which of the celebrity u mean?don't tell to you are referring to music,football entertainers.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by WhizdomXX(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Because they see it as a religious matter.
The case of marginalized rohingya in Asia, was it not a religious matter, why were politians and American celebrities condemning it? Our fake celebrities are wicked and self-centered only.

5 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Onokwu001(m): 10:30am On May 15, 2022
You guys thought celebrities don't have sense like you guys talking bad the whole thing?
It's better to be silent than put mouth in what doesn't concern you. This is religious matters let the people in that field handle it.
It has always been death penalty for blasphemimg

9 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Henrychino(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2022
You can see why the Biafrans are fighting to be free from the north....they have foresee all there plans and can't be one with them....those against Biafrans agitation should feel free to travel and live in the north with those cows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Handsum64: 10:33am On May 15, 2022
To what end?
Lesson; filter your utterances based on situations and circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by BleedTears: 10:33am On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

Ruth Kadiri Said

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2022
God1000:

because 80percent of them are Muslims.. only Mr macaroni speak out.

3 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Ejerry(m): 10:34am On May 15, 2022
Because them don taya!
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Bnladan(m): 10:35am On May 15, 2022
Luzebox:
..shut up if you don't have anything to say... haven't you heard of other religion being insulted by Muslims or atheist...how many times have you seen a Christian kill someone for dat... terrorist gang
Muslims don't blashphem about Jesus or Christianity. We respect your beliefs and Jesus. So y should anybody disrespect our noble prophet PBUH?! One can get away with insulting my parents or even hurting them, but wen it comes to prophet PBUH, I'll rather I die for his honor. This is to tell u how dear he is to us. So don't insult him and u will ever have peace with d Muslims. Deborah brought dis on herself. She knew wat she was doing and the dire consequences. And let me tell u something, if defending the prophet PBUH is wat qualifies someone to be terrorist, please call me one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by sageer1706(m): 10:35am On May 15, 2022
Coz that's how they keep quite on daily killings happening in other part of the country

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Oesophagus99(m): 10:35am On May 15, 2022
Even if putin or Blair insult MUHAMMAD they shall be keeeld

Even if the king or crown prince of Dubai or mecca would insult prophet Muhammad publicly, they shall be kiid�

Note these and knw peace!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by bakila: 10:36am On May 15, 2022
God1000:
lol, does it look that way? I'm heartbroken man
You are not. The religious dimension brought you in.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Originalsly: 10:36am On May 15, 2022
God1000:

It's really a shame. Our celebrities are quick to jump on foreign band wagons ... whether it be Floyd .... or Halloween or Ukraine... but for a cause at home....they are silent. She ... a Christian ... was killed because of religious intolerance .... why is the Church silent? Why are the Pastors who always have something to say silent? What message is sent in silence to the Islamic extremists? ... isn't it that Christians are cowards? ... even afraid to comment. Condemnation is even coming from Islamic authorities.. but yet... the Christian authorities silent...... and we wonder why they are so bold to do as they please.

4 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Teerach: 10:37am On May 15, 2022
Celebrities should open their mouth and condemn what? Don't they have their own real life problems? You stay in the North for your own self, learn to abide by their laws. If you want freedom, please go to the South. North is like Saudi Arabia and South is like USA. You can't enter Saudi and be imposing your beliefs on them same way you can't enter USA and be imposing your beliefs on them.
RIP to Deborah. Abeg drop the matter make everybody rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by ceejay80s(m): 10:37am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

Like it or not, what Deborah did was stupid.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.
it simply means u are blind just like ur aboki broda beggers in lagos, so ur bank broda that insulted Jesus on Easter on a newspaper advert, u no see am? u and Mohamed are bastards...do ur worst, I ain't Deborah, I am ready to die, and will take some of u with me, that is....if I will die, trust me, I am brutal, all Christians Need to stand like Israel fighting , Philistines and other Arab country, let's do same here, na only them good to carry daga knife and when a Christian pick stone from ground police will arrest, it simply means they are above us, let the war start now, nnamdi kanu has not escaped, mko abiola didn't escape bout an aboki has escaped but this idiot has escaped as if I dont know that police cells are always locked, why others no escape? and they tagged the idiot as a Niger abi na Iran, God punish Mohamed, do ur worse

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by orikoku: 10:39am On May 15, 2022
No country of the world get eye service pass Nigeria.

Nigeria's hate Nigerian's

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Mrbenny001: 10:39am On May 15, 2022
Don't you see the number of people at her burial... what are all the big pastors saying?

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Teejay13(m): 10:40am On May 15, 2022
LutherSanchez:
Her own rapture has come. It was her time to meet her creator. May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen

There is nothing like her rapture has come. Her life was been made short by some set of religious fanatic.

May her soul find rest in the bossom of the lord and may her killers know no peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Benmob: 10:41am On May 15, 2022
mu2sa2:
Very sensible post. I don't know what a Christian will gain by insulting muslims or their Prophet. Look at muslims - no muslims will ever insult Jesus, not even one out of 1.2 billion muslims worlwide. Deborah was killed needlessly, but she shouldn't have lost her life if she acted wisely and not deliberately recklessly. She spoke hausa with Sokoto dialect perfectly like a native speaker ( I don't know whether hausa is her native tongue). Having been living in a overwhelmingly Muslim community and with her fluency in hausa she should have known that the abusive hausa word she used would evoke the kind of emotion it did. Even if a Muslim had used that word, he would have been in the same boat with her. This, is not justifying people taking the law into their own hands because only a court of law can pronounce a person guilty of an offence.
if u believe isa( d mulism Jesus) is d same with Christian Jesus,that show u don't know anything. because they are both different Mr man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Pristine664: 10:42am On May 15, 2022
Bnladan:

Muslims don't blashphem about Jesus or Christianity. We respect your beliefs and Jesus. So y should anybody disrespect our noble prophet PBUH?! One can get away with insulting my parents or even hurting them, but wen it comes to prophet PBUH, I'll rather I die for his honor. This is to tell u how dear he is to us. So don't insult him and u will ever have peace with d Muslims. Deborah brought dis on herself. She knew wat she was doing and the dire consequences. And let me tell u something, if defending the prophet PBUH is wat qualifies someone to be terrorist, please call me one.

So much love for a dead Arab paedophile and rapist lol

Islam sha grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by verybadmouth(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.
Then why do we all represent the same country. Why can't they form a country of their own and live amongst themselves. They took the law into their hands and must suffer the consequences. Killing in Nigeria is a crime. Is Sokoto not in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by phemmyfour: 10:43am On May 15, 2022
God1000:

If they do, same people like you will tag them anti government like the end sars days
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by PDPdestroyer(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2022
Because the unfortunate incident didn't happen in Lagos. If you do a thorough check of recent events that caught the eye of our hypocritical 'celebrities' you will notice everything happened in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Pristine664: 10:47am On May 15, 2022
Benmob:
if u believe isa( d mulism Jesus) is d same with Christian Jesus,that show u don't know anything. because they are both different Mr man

I'm telling you. Referring to Jesus as Isa calling him "one of the prophets" is even blasphemous.

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by godofuck231: 10:49am On May 15, 2022
She killed herself out of ignorance, thats how some women talk to men without caution that "SOME" men are evil and capable of gruelsome acts with the slightest impulse,
Care should be taken addressing the religious and political misdeeds will take no small amount of charm and a touch of a needle things could go haywire
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Teerach: 10:49am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Tell them this truth and you'll be tagged a Muslim. The truth is very glaring. She killed herself knowing fully well the kind of environment she's in. The highest everyone can do right now is to lament, comment and judge. But the truth remains the victim is already dead and some more people will still do the same and get themselves killed as well. Avoiding certain fights is wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by bammo: 10:49am On May 15, 2022
Puskas:
Simply say you are looking for cheap attention
Jesus forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Femi8586(m): 10:50am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Your head is not correct. You're boldly saying Muslims don't insult Jesus and Christianity, what about El rufai publicly blaspheming saying Jesus slept with Mary Magdalene?
He refused to apologize when asked to and nothing happened to him. A bank manager or CEO(Muslim) of Sterling bank during Easter compared Jesus resurrection to agege bread. He refused to apologize and nothing happened to him. I can continue listing them.

Here you're, trying all your possible best to defend her killers on the ground of provocation to justify her killing.

Let's even assume she blasphem, is killing her the solution? Is that the right to your brain?

I even suspect you to be a Muslim. Every Muslim is either a terrorist by action or a terrorist at heart. You're one of the later.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Naajjii: 10:51am On May 15, 2022
God1000:

Where were the celebrities when Ipod slaughtered the about to be wedded couples in IMO?

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 10:51am On May 15, 2022
Maybe I read something different, as I don't understand Hausa, but if you don't mind, could you kindly let me know exactly what the young lady said that insulted Muhammad. Thanks in advance!
logiccal:

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by mu2sa2: 10:51am On May 15, 2022
Benmob:
Here we go again! It's people like you with limited knowledge that are causing all the wahala in the world. Empower yourself with knowledge, Mr man, and liberate yourself from the shackles of ignorance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Army ‘kills Over 100’ Boko Haram Militants, Loses 7 Soldiers / Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu / ASISGUARD: Turkish Firms Bag Contracts To Secure Nigerian Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.