Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,551 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US (4016 Views)

If They're Trying To kill Kanu's Lawyer, What Do You Think They Plan For Kanu? / Policemen Invade Seun Kuti's House In Lagos, Arrest Family Member / Seun Kuti Launches Movement Of The People: Government To Shut African Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US by RomanticOO7: 10:12am On May 16, 2022
Axis313:

True,you no lie about their character,they are always finding ways to cause division among Yorubas,I don't know anything about Yoruba Muslim or Yoruba Christian before,na on dis nairaland I first hear am.And it's from those people.

Get little sense and check the Facebook link
Re: SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US by RomanticOO7: 10:16am On May 16, 2022
Please here is link to seuns verified Facebook account which carry's the info i posted here .
I'm not like you lots out here .
I don't post fake news .

https://www.facebook.com/seunkutiofficial
Re: SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US by RomanticOO7: 10:48am On May 16, 2022
lalasticlala

Here is a verified info worthy of front page sir .
Do justice to it .
Thank you .
Re: SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US by RomanticOO7: 11:30am On May 16, 2022
Reality3080:
u are posting comments from an unverified page n quoting a verified page,u igbos are highly mischievous n that’s y they are killing u n burning your properties right now in d north

If u know as north Dey wait igbo aspirants ehn u go fear,we know u n we will deal with u

Tinubuadvocate,helinues d op is Igbo,he posted from d unverified page n showed d picture of d verified page

Y is d page that commented not verified?

Are you sure you're human
Re: SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US by Oracleforce: 6:48pm On May 17, 2022
Oshin56:
senior man, please try not to mislead people. offa poly 1999 issues are not about Muslims and students but between students and the neighborhood.

...let me answer you with some questions.....

...and what is predominantly religion in Offa communities?
who are those people behind these dastardly acts?
what were the hidden reasons behind the chaos?
what is the primary cause of the fight?

the reason behind this fracas wasn't something that could have generated to that large extent ... but because of this begrudge between these religious bigots in offa and students, they took the opportunity of a slight argument between a female student and a Taxi driver to unleash their bitter venom on us.

students were badly injured.
properties were destroyed
students were killed

also, the incidence in Sokoto state can be adjudged that it was some people living around Sheu Shagari community that set ablaze Deborah...we know they are predominantly Muslims
Re: SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US by Oshin56(m): 9:18pm On May 17, 2022
Oracleforce:

...let me answer you with some questions.....

...and what is predominantly religion in Offa communities?
who are those people behind these dastardly acts?
what were the hidden reasons behind the chaos?
what is the primary cause of the fight?

the reason behind this fracas wasn't something that could have generated to that large extent ... but because of this begrudge between these religious bigots in offa and students, they took the opportunity of a slight argument between a female student and a Taxi driver to unleash their bitter venom on us.

students were badly injured.
properties were destroyed
students were killed

also, the incidence in Sokoto state can be adjudged that it was some people living around Sheu Shagari community that set ablaze Deborah...we know they are predominantly Muslims
are You not talking about may 8
Re: SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US by AlphaTaikun: 8:06pm On May 20, 2022
Carlosdd:
Seun Kuti releases that statement out of ignorant Yoruba inter related well within themselves as far as religion is concern the Ibadan army with support of other Yoruba leaders stop Fulani invasion so when and where was the war he referred to took place most Yoruba families some are Muslims while others are Christian living together exchanges gifts during festive period . Don’t just open your mouth and talk until you do your fact findings
Well said!

I'm shocked over Seun Kuti's
poor knowledge of history!

First off, Afonja only used the
Hausa and Kanuri slaves in the
Oyo Empire who he granted freedom so as to help him in war
as mercenaries. Afonja's war was
NOT an Islamic jihad!

Second, Balogun (i.e., General)
Oderinlo who was one of the top
Ibadan army commanders that
fought and defeated the jihadist
was a Muslim.

Ibadan army defeated the jihadist
invaders at Oshogbo in the 1840s.
The Kanuris who were already
Muslims for centuries also defeated the Fulani jihadist invaders in battle.

Seun Kuti must learn to read credible books such as "The
History of the Yorubas" by Rev. Samuel Johnson, and more.
Re: SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US by AlphaTaikun: 9:56pm On May 20, 2022
Christistruth00:

The Emir of Ilorin fled !!!!!!!!!!

It was while the Yorubas were busy beating themselves up at the Kiriji War that he quietly sneaked back into Ilorin

Later on in Ilorin Balogun Yoruba ( Alanamu) and his followers finished him

Kwara was already taken back before the British arrived

Till today Ilorin is a Yoruba Town More than 90% of the indigenes are Yoruba

My Mother was born and raised in Ilorin my Cousin's are still there

All Civilians Governors of Kwara have been Yoruba

Ilorin was founded by Afonja's Great Grandfather and the Yorubas there are of Oyo Ethnic Stock

The ruler of Ilorin when the British arrived was a Yoruba man Called balogun alanamu .

The last Emir Momoh had been defeated by the Yoruba Chiefs and had burnt himself alive inside his Palace

Ilorin has Fulani Presence only because the British reimposed the defeated Emir on Ilorin around 1900

Before that balogun Yoruba (Inakoju alanamu) was the actual ruler of Ilorin.

The Emir had been deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs before the British arrived.

balogun alanamu fought the British and was exiled to Jebba after the British defeated him.

It was the British that reinstaled an Emir in Ilorin after the defeat of balogun Yoruba Inakoju alanamu due to Political Pressure from Northern Emirs .

The Emir of Ilorin had been defeated and deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs before the British arrived.

The British left at Independence after an agreement was made to have a referendum Kwara State.

The Post independence Government of Balewa and Azikiwe frustrated that referendum by not carrying out the Kwara referendum which should have happened at the same time as the Midwest referendum in order to cripple Awolowo and his Party Politically after Awolowo had been jailed in 1962

Balewa and Azikiwe also didn't Carry out the other referendums agreed with the British before independence meant for the Eastern and Northern Minority Ethnic groups.

Ilorin still has an Emir because of Colonial and Tribal Politics

There are at least 30 Towns with Crowned Obas that Completely encircle Ilorin

Ilorin is Practically a Yoruba Town

The Emir is not Fulani but Hausa

And they were Yorubanised at least a Century ago

Ilorin and Kwara are Yorubaland

https://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jhss/papers/Vol7-issue2/D0721518.pdf?id=5971
Very well said!

The Yorubas were in full control of
Ilorin under Balogun Alanamu when the British under George Goldie attacked Ilorin in the late 1890s.

Gambaris are of Yorubanised Hausa stock who the British led by
Goldie mistakenly imposed on
Yoruba Ilorin who are over 90% of
Ilorin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEUN KUTI:THEY'RE TRYING TO CONQUER US by AlphaTaikun: 6:59am On May 21, 2022
twosquare:
That is not accurate because there are also and many Muslims in the Ibadan Army that whipped Ilorin Jihadists.
Seun Kuti is not accurate.
True that. As far back as 1991, I had read that the gallant Ibadan General, Balogun Oderinlo who took part in defeating the Fulani jihadists at Osogbo and at Otun-Ekiti was a practicing Muslim!

Islam came into Yorubaland 500 years ago via Mali.

Seun Kuti's rant was filled with historical fallacies and he ended up sounding like he was a bit drunk or tipsy.

Seun Kuti has to offer open apologies on his official social media platforms for misleading people and inadvertently allowing online propagandists of non-Yoruba origin to manipulate his FB post to spread hate speech!

As a non-Muslim, I do know what point the younger Seun Kuti was trying to make, which is a call for UNITY among Yorubas, but he went about it the wrong way by giving false historical information.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spot The Difference Buhari Rally VS TAN Rally (Photos) / 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA / Pressure On Jonathan To Sack INEC Chairman, Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.