Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA (3998 Views)

Six Ekiti APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP As Fayose Takes Over / 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC / 10 Ogun APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Kingspin(m): 3:28am On Nov 12, 2014
ABEOKUTA—Palpable fear has gripped Ogun State governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun’s camp following the defection of eight lawmakers to the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, and Social Democratic Party, SDP, in the state.
Chief Segun Osoba and Ogun State governor, Ibikunle Amosun
Speaker of the House, Suraj Adekunbi disclosed the decamping, yesterday, during plenary, while reading a letter announcing the defection of eight lawmakers to the PDP and the SDP.
Adekunbi said: “I received a letter announcing the defection of Messers Joseph Adegbesan, Salmon Adeleke, John Obafemi, Remmy Hazzan and Obafemi Olowo-Oloja to the PDP.
“I also got three letters this morning from Hons. Olufemi Allen-Taylor, Oludaisi Elemide and Elizabeth Anifowose announcing their defection from the All Progressives Congress, APC, to the Social Democratic Party, SDP.”
Adegbesan, Adeleke and Obafemi had dumped the Peoples Party of Nigeria, PPN, to join the PDP while Hazzan and Olowo-Oloja also dumped the APC for the PDP.
Allen-Taylor, Elemide and Anifowose who were members of the APC defected to the SDP.
Vanguardgathered that the development has sent jitters into the APC camp of Amosun as the governor was planning to present the 2015 budget proposal to the state House of Assembly on November 18.
The Speaker who also read the governor’s letter during plenary said he will present the fiscal proposal at 10. am.
According to him; “This is in accordance with the provision of section 121 of the Nigerian constitution.
“Governor Amosun expressed gratitude to the members of Ogun State House of Assembly for their cooperation with the executive,” the letter said.
The House after the latest defections is divided into two main camps with 13 members including the speaker in Amosun’s APC faction, while PDP and SDP also have combined figure of 13 lawmakers
www.vanguardngr.com

2 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by GboyegaD(m): 3:34am On Nov 12, 2014
It seems the new thing now is calling on people to resign at the slightest difference in opinion. Jega should ensure that no one is defranchised and wherever he thinks there is a need for an additional polling unit, he shouldn't hesitate to establish one.
Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 12, 2014
Apc is doom in Ogun. God has a way of saving the Yorubaland from Northern hegemony party by bourdellion emperor for oil blocks.

14 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 12, 2014
Apc is going down day by day

7 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Swizdoe(m): 5:58am On Nov 12, 2014
When I said it that Amosun's flyovers and bridges won't return him in 2015 recently, some deluded clowns threw jabs at me when they don't even know the situation of things in the state. Na oversabi wan kill the man political career

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by amjou: 6:07am On Nov 12, 2014
Odikwa very risky

6 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by bunmioguns(m): 6:15am On Nov 12, 2014
that is their problem

we all know that PDP and SDPigs are one

SDP is just formed by frustrated selfish Good for nothing Old Cargo to destabilize APC in Ogun State

I just pity those fools following them around
Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by bunmioguns(m): 6:16am On Nov 12, 2014
JudismphD:
Apc is doom in Ogun. God has a way of saving the Yorubaland from Northern hegemony party by bourdellion emperor for oil blocks.
dazey:

See them

believing everything they read in papers

2 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by bunmioguns(m): 6:19am On Nov 12, 2014
Swizdoe:
When I said it that Amosun's flyovers and bridges won't return him in 2015 recently, some deluded clowns threw jabs at me when they don't even know the situation of things in the state. Na oversabi wan kill the man political career

Lets wait and See.
Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 12, 2014
dazey:

This is very obvious, most especially in the South West which used to be their stronghold. Like the Yorubas don’t want to play second fiddle to the Northerners after what they did to MKO.
That is why they will never vote for Buhari, they have already rejected him thrice and they will again reject him next year.

12 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 12, 2014
I hate politicians
Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by basty: 6:41am On Nov 12, 2014
Swizdoe:

You are a clown, have the generations of your forefathers ever witnessed the rapid development Amosun brought to Ogun State? Has the election been conducted and won by your paymasters in the opposition party?
I pity Osoba and his agents of darkness, he (Osoba) has constructed his political coffin. The defection of irrelevant politicians to PDP/SDP cannot change the political theory in Ogun State. Tell it to the birds, the people of Ogun state will speak and bring Amosun back as their Governor comes 2015 by the grace of God.
There is no Ogboni power or societies that Osoba belongs to that can alter the mind of God.

6 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by egift(m): 6:45am On Nov 12, 2014
When will the ignoramus IG start withdrawing their security details? PDP looting for ways to make the House of Assembly a subsidiary of the killer party.
Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Johnnyessence(m): 6:47am On Nov 12, 2014
in Ogun state house of assembly APC av 13 members while PDP,sdp and ppn shares d 13 member so amosun can't be impeach he will present d 2015 budget next week to d state house of assembly so forget oooo APC party are still strong in Ogun state besides amosun is trying.

1 Like

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by aryzgreat: 6:47am On Nov 12, 2014
E don red for amosu.

APC on d brink.

Lol, they won't do their underground work well rather they take glory in insulting d president.

Election is not won by d barrage of insult to ur opponents

1 Like

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by aryzgreat: 6:55am On Nov 12, 2014
Johnnyessence:
in Ogun state house of assembly APC av 13 members while PDP,sdp and ppn shares d 13 member so amosun can't be impeach he will present d 2015 budget next week to d state house of assembly so forget oooo APC party are still strong in Ogun state besides amosun is trying.

More apc lawmakers to decamp in d coming week.

Quote me.

4 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Swizdoe(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2014
basty:

You are a clown, have the generations of your forefathers ever witnessed the rapid development Amosun brought to Ogun State? Has the election been conducted and won by your paymasters in the opposition party?
I pity Osoba and his agents of darkness, he (Osoba) has constructed his political coffin. The defection of irrelevant politicians to PDP/SDP cannot change the political theory in Ogun State. Tell it to the birds, the people of Ogun state will speak and bring Amosun back as their Governor comes 2015 by the grace of God.
There is no Ogboni power or societies that Osoba belongs to that can alter the mind of God.
I'm not surprised by your comments, I will let it pass. Just remember that was the same way you bluffed prior to ekiti elections before loosing woefully and your party started screaming stomach infrastructure.
Mr. Soothsayer, I bet you think SIA is contesting for the post of the elder of your family.
Ma worry, O ma too ka lojuee bii film-trick

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Swizdoe(m): 7:11am On Nov 12, 2014
bunmioguns:

Lets wait and See.

Yeah..... Let's keep our fingers crossed till then. But if you are really familiar with the political atmosphere, you would know that amosun has lost touch with grassroots especially in the east and west senatorial districts..... His 20 LGA tour is just an avenue to regain his lost relevance..... But this is a bitter pill that APC and one deluded clown that quoted me earlier can't swallow

5 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by atinukedam(f): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2014
basty:

even if u wnt 2 illustrate ur point u don't abuse or som1s generation,dont be 2 emotional, wen u see dem u shal no dem apshit supporters

4 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by gunuvi(m): 7:28am On Nov 12, 2014
i no talk am
Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by aljharem(m): 7:35am On Nov 12, 2014
Iro lo ma pa APC

APC is and will lose more states in the SW such as Ogun, Oyo and Lagos because they have not considered others when doing things. They are self-centred and Tinubu centred.

6 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by aljharem(m): 7:36am On Nov 12, 2014
atinukedam:
even if u wnt 2 illustrate ur point u don't abuse or som1s generation,dont be 2 emotional, wen u see dem u shal no dem apshit supporters

Atinuke baby kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss to infinity.

APIGCSHIT

3 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by aljharem(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2014
Swizdoe:

I'm not surprised by your comments, I will let it pass. Just remember that was the same way you bluffed prior to ekiti elections before loosing woefully and your party started screaming stomach infrastructure.
Mr. Soothsayer, I bet you think SIA is contesting for the post of the elder of your family.
Ma worry, O ma too ka lojuee bii film-trick

Loool Oju e lo ma se, ko n se eyin e.

3 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by major466(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2014
This is good news. smiley

5 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by aljharem(m): 7:47am On Nov 12, 2014
major466:
This is good news. smiley

Yes oh, anything to stop touts and murderers from taking over the South West is very very fine by me

4 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 12, 2014
Where is Olisa Alakoba the lawyer to come talk about this defection in Ogun State.
Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by donmalcolm21(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2014
Today I also declare for PDP

2 Likes

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by juman(m): 8:00am On Nov 12, 2014
The governor is too stubborn.

Alagidi yiibo.

Ile titu mon lori (the house don pafuka for his head).
Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Max24: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2014
Allowing political office holders such as Governors and parliamentarians to decamp from one party to another close to elections is not going to help us as a nation. If you feel strong about dumping your party then you should resign from the office you benefited through the party. I wonder why politicians don't easily decamp in other civilised democracies. We need strong party systems where people are loyal to their parties. That way we can have parties with ideology not what we have now.They are not fighting for the masses but for control and their pockets - the 5 govs, Tambuwal, the 8 Ogun lawmakers and others.

1 Like

Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by samseen02(m): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2014
Hope say all dis pple wey dey cross carpet neva tear all d carpet wey dey abeokuta.

*Modified*
its only APC members that has being defecting to other parties and not the other way round. Wetin Amosun do una sef?
Re: 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA by Shine1177: 8:20am On Nov 12, 2014
Yes Governor Ibikunle Amosun is trying his best in Ogun State but as the situation stand now he is a goner. ACN benefited from the polarization of Ogun State PDP chapter in 2011 and the same evil is now repeating itself in APC he cannot escape with a divided house (Party). Let he die-hard supporters of APC understand this.

#LetTheBestCandidateWin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Patience Ozokwor Before And After Collecting Her Share Of The 21 Billion Naira / What A Northerner Posted On Facebook / Kwara State University Declares Work-Free Day For PVC Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.