Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached (3179 Views)

♻️ Get To Know The Car Accident History Before You Buy♻️ +234-8060365068 ♻️♻️ / Would You Buy This "Okada" For N340million? / Would You Buy This Bicycle For ₦3 Million ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 2:37pm On May 15, 2022
The bus requires lots of body work, and it is not first body.

Was used as a school bus.

Owner said 1.5m last.

Gear is manual

1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 2:38pm On May 15, 2022
Engine is fairly okay

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 2:39pm On May 15, 2022
Please advise
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by sunnymighty(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:
Please advise

Why don't you ask your mechanic to run a check using a scanner, body isn't the major issue here, depends on what you intend using it for anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by Eduboy1990: 2:45pm On May 15, 2022
if you can work on the engine is ok
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 2:47pm On May 15, 2022
sunnymighty:

Why don't you ask your mechanic to run a check using a scanner, body isn't the major issue here, depends on what you intend using it for anyway.
The seats are complete and sound.

But I intend using it for logistics. I will wrap the whole body with stickers.

I'm concerned about it deteriorating so fast
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 2:48pm On May 15, 2022
Eduboy1990:
if you can work on the engine is ok
You mean the body is not an issue?
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 3:05pm On May 15, 2022
Please I need more contribution, I beg
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by sunnymighty(m): 3:06pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:
The seats are complete and sound.

But I intend using it for logistics. I will wrap the whole body with stickers.

I'm concerned about it deteriorating so fast

IMO if you are branding the bus, I will suggest you do the body work, engine won't matter anylonger by the time the body becomes fully dilapidated, try and find out the overall cost of what you are likely to spend to put it in proper shape before you can deduce if the price is worth it or not. Remember the bus would still go through road worthiness test at the MOT.
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by angelEmade: 3:16pm On May 15, 2022
Market value for toks is about 5 to 12m.
The price is okay if engine not too bad.
Regardless try to negotiate 100k off that price.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 3:16pm On May 15, 2022
sunnymighty:

IMO if you are branding the bus, I will suggest you do the body work, engine won't matter anylonger by the time the body becomes fully dilapidated, try and find out the overall cost of what you are likely to spend to put it in proper shape before you can deduce if the price is worth it or not. Remember the bus would still go through road worthiness test at the MOT.
Thanks a lot for making out time to comment. Highly appreciated.

If I spend additional 300,000 to put the body in order, do you think it will be worth it?
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 3:17pm On May 15, 2022
angelEmade:
If I spend additional 300,000 to put the body in order, do you think it will be worth it?
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by angelEmade: 3:19pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:
I modified my comment up there.
But regardless I would expect you to spend 500k on interior and exterior body work. At 2million it's a good deal. These vehicles too expensive these days
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by sunnymighty(m): 3:20pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:
Thanks a lot for making out time to comment. Highly appreciated.

Sure provided, you are getting value for your money.Maintaning a car is not easy let alone a bus being used for commercial purpose, but be sure your mechanic knows his onion.
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 3:32pm On May 15, 2022
angelEmade:
Regardless try to negotiate 100k off that price.
With regards to the negotiation, the owner warned me not to call him again if I won't pay 1.5m.

I actually started negotiating from 1m, while his initial price was 1.8m.

He said 1.5m last...last
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by angelEmade: 3:46pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:
With regards to the negotiation, the owner warned me not to call him again if I won't pay 1.5m.

I actually started negotiating from 1m, while his initial price was 1.8m.

He said 1.5m last...last
Personally, except you found a better offer, I think this is already a great deal sir.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 3:51pm On May 15, 2022
Thank you so much. You have been so helpful

angelEmade:

Personally, except you found a better offer, I think this is already a great deal sir.
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by an0daGuy: 5:30pm On May 15, 2022
Make sure the engine and gearbox are okay

I repeat make very very sure especially the engine is okay

That engine will cost you more than N500k to get a tokumbo one

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by Kirkman: 5:30pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:

From the pictures above; those headlights and the dashboard need a major overhaul and all the 4 tires need to be changed too, body wise, a very good panel beater can sort out the body work, the main issue here is to get a mechanic to asertain how sound that engine is before you pay him the 1.5m.
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by Benwallt(m): 5:58pm On May 15, 2022
My brother, this lion can't roar or chase goat again.
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by sunnymighty(m): 5:58pm On May 15, 2022
Kirkman:

From the pictures above; those headlights and the dashboard need a major overhaul and all the 4 tires need to be changed too, body wise, a very good panel beater can sort out the body work, the main issue here is to get a mechanic to asertain how sound that engine is before you pay him the 1.5m.

Fixed! My point exactly.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 6:31pm On May 15, 2022
Kirkman:

Thank you Sir
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 6:32pm On May 15, 2022
Benwallt:
My brother, this lion can't roar or chase goat again.
So you think I should free the bus?

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by maureensylvia(f): 6:42pm On May 15, 2022
You might end up spending more than 1.5m working on that car

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by Benwallt(m): 6:44pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:
So you think I should free the bus?
Bro, free the bus n save up the more for a better one. That bus is far gone unless you get another 1.5 aside to work on it.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by angelEmade: 6:49pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:

You are welcome sir. I wish you good luck with your logistic business.
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by greggng: 7:00pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:
The bus requires lots of body work, and it is not first body.

Was used as a school bus.

Owner said 1.5m last.

Gear is manual

Is just a giveaway on my own opinion. Ensure engine and gear is perfect. The engine of that car is expensive ...some are more than 1m .

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 7:26pm On May 15, 2022
maureensylvia:
You might end up spending more than 1.5m working on that car
This your comment could be the decisive one.

Do you have experience with hummer bus?

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by DarlingtonC: 7:27pm On May 15, 2022
greggng:

Is just a giveaway on my own opinion. Ensure engine and gear is perfect. The engine of that car is expensive ...some are more than 1m .
Hmm....Oga Greg, thanks for you input. I'm hoping to go with a mechanic tomorrow
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by Kirkman: 7:36pm On May 15, 2022
DarlingtonC:
Hmm....Oga Greg, thanks for you input. I'm hoping to go with a mechanic tomorrow
Kindly do that tomorrow and give us all a detailed feedback here on this thread and then we will advice you on the next way forward..
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by LordofNaija: 7:36pm On May 15, 2022
sunnymighty:

MOT I guess you aren't in Naija
Re: Would You Buy This Hummer Bus For 1.5m? .....pictures Attached by ddemillie(m): 8:04pm On May 15, 2022
You will definitely end up spending plenty money repairingbuying engine, gearbox, shook's, and plenty other things. This is like inheriting someone else's problems. For that 1.5 price it's too expensive

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"service Engine Soon" Light On My 04 Nissan Pathfinder / A Dozen Of Man Diesel 10-tires Dump Trucks 4sale.4 Pics. / 2004 Toyota Highlander(this Vehicle Shouldn't Be Missed By Highlander Lovers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.