Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams (13634 Views)

Deborah Samuel's Killers Faced Camera, Bragged And Held A Matchbox – Amnesty Int / Kaduna: Killers Of Seminarian Will Face Justice – Governor Sani / We Are Still Searching For Deborah Samuel’s Killers - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by 2blessed01(m): 7:27am On May 16, 2022
Published on May 16, 2022 By Wale Odunsi...

Aare Onakakanfo of Yoruba land, Iba Gani Adams has demanded justice for Deborah Samuel and her family.

Condemning the murder of the student last Thursday, Adams said the perpetrators must not go unpunished.

A statement on Sunday by his spokesman, Kehinde Aderemi noted that Nigeria is not a lawless country.

He blamed the Sokoto State government for allowing the incident to degenerate, with churches razed by irate youths.

by TaboolaSponsored LinksYou May Like
If You Have Joint Pain, Read It Before It Gets Deleted!
Medical News Today
Adams charged Governor Aminu Tambuwal and security agencies to ensure that the arsonists and Deborah’s killer’s are brought to book.

“None of them and their sponsors should go scot-free. There are laws that guarantee the safety of every citizen. Anybody that goes against them must be punished,” he said.

The traditional leader said what happened was “the highest level of abuse to humanity and the soul of the deceased”.

Warning that Nigeria is in “a full-blown crisis”, Adams called for urgent action to forestall “a complete anarchy”.

The Yoruba high chief also raised the alarm about reports indicating that “some Northern extremists” have invaded the West.

“Such would only trigger war because we will oppose any act that is capable of fueling ethnic or religious war.

“Religious fanatics have their agenda.Their plan is to wreak monumental havoc. We are aware and will resist them by all means”, he declared.

Meanwhile, reacting to the killing of Deborah, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi had said Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) never killed in his lifetime.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://dailypost.ng/2022/05/16/deborah-samuel-killers-must-face-justice-south-west-will-resist-extremists-gani-adams/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwito_jOueP3AhUHa8AKHdK6DGgQFnoECAAQAg&usg=AOvVaw2yEmTqvAXQgAeSdSV7H1OL

15 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by 2blessed01(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2022
I pray they do...

178 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by iCauseTrouble: 7:42am On May 16, 2022
angry
Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by airminem(f): 7:48am On May 16, 2022
A hundred and one Deborah's are killed daily in Nigeria.
They all need justice!

Unfortunately, We have a failure in the entire justice system

Mob action on Deborah in that matter was bad and i condenm such.
Sympathy to the families

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by paulolee(m): 7:50am On May 16, 2022
I pray they do get justice because I know my country, with time, another trending news or bandits doinz go pop up and we forget this one...those guys need to be arrested and jailed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Daisy55(f): 8:03am On May 16, 2022
Those evil illiterates must face death by firing squad

Jail is not enough!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by verybadmouth(m): 8:03am On May 16, 2022
No be Nigeria, they will bury the matter now.

5 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Nobody: 8:04am On May 16, 2022
Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by hopefulLandlord: 8:04am On May 16, 2022
"You need to respect people's beliefs" i call this arguably the most hypocritical statement ever, why?

I've noticed theists say the above statement whenever you're criticising their flavour of religion, I've NEVER seen a Christian pop up and say "Respect People's beliefs" when one is criticising Islam or a Muslim stating that when one is criticising Christianity

I've even seen this play out like a script on this platform too, a Christian goes to a thread about Islam to bash Mohammed, Allah and Islam but comes to a thread bashing Jesus, Yahweh and Christianity to start demanding for "respect for other people's beliefs"

Infact most religions are built around disrespecting other people's belief. does a Christian think he/she is "respecting" other people's beliefs when singing "Mami water power, powerless power, Babalawo power, powerless power"? does a Babalawo hear such a song and think "Oh! This Christian is really respecting my belief"? Does a Mami Water believer think "This song is epitome of respecting my belief"?

"Jesus na you be oga,Jesus na you be oga every other god na so so yeye everyother god na so so yeye"? Does a Hindu listen to such a song and says " These guys are respecting my belief"?

But if an atheist dare says "Jesus power powerless power" or "Yahweh is imaginary" or "Christianity is bullsheet" a Christian would quickly say "You need to respect other people's belief".

A Muslim would trot out the same statement when one says "Mohammed is evil and not from God or pedophile" or "Islam is bullsheet". This is highly hypocritical.
Even Innocent looking statements of faith like "only Jesus saves," or "Jesus is Lord" or "Only Christianity is from God, others are from the devil" are disrespectful of Jewish, Islamic and all other beliefs not named Christianity. Every religious doctrine necessarily contradicts somebody else's doctrine, so any declaration of belief is disrespectful to some other belief.
Demands for "respect" when one criticises their own beliefs are really just demands for special privilege. They want others to refrain from critiquing their own beliefs but want full freedom to critique everybody else's belief. Do most Christians respect the beliefs of the Nation of Islam? Scientology? Satanism? The Taliban? Wiccan Witchcraft? Christian preachers and proselytizers spend a lot of time explaining why all other religions are false/evil/Satanic but start asking for respect when one says the same about their own beliefs.

I respect a person's right to have their beliefs (so as long as they are not causing harm with them). But I absolutely have no reason to respect their beliefs themselves. When theists start respecting other religions then their own I will actually consider it.
Respect is earned, it's not something you can demand.

If someone comes to me and says that Muhammad cracked the moon in two or Jesus raised the dead then I'm within my rights to laugh at their ridiculous beliefs. It's ok, if you tell me that the world is flat or Buhari is dead and he's been replaced by a body double I'll ridicule it too. I can ridicule secular beliefs as well. I expect people to not only question my beliefs, but ridicule them when they're ridiculous. Someone who lets me keep believing the moon is made of green cheese isn't doing me any favors at all.

"You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs." No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble. Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: "That is fucking stupid. Are you kidding me?" I acknowledge that you believe that, that’s great, but I’m not going to respect it. I have an uncle that believes he saw Sasquatch. We do not believe him, nor do we respect the nonsense he said!"

Patton Oswalt, on people’s beliefs

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by sotall(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2022
lipsrsealed

Failed country

Where religious laws supersedes the country's constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by CocoaOla: 8:04am On May 16, 2022
That one no corncern all the so called Nigeria evil leaders what concerned them is 2023 election and how to rig it
Useless clowns, greedy bastard and enemy of Nigerians/Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by yerokunphilips: 8:04am On May 16, 2022
Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by CrownedPhoenix: 8:04am On May 16, 2022
Good one Aare.

It is now easy for anybody who doesn't like you in the North to suddenly raise alarm that you insulted a prophet, and within seconds you are stoned to death and burnt without a chance to say a word. Worse, the killers jubilate and celebrate murder. This precedence must not be allowed else it becomes norm.

And then shamelessly, those who should defend the defenceless start to speak from both sides of their mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Truthisunique2: 8:04am On May 16, 2022
Yoruba Traditional worshipers are more cerebral than you know who

I have watched seun kuti also take stand against the jihadists in their midst

They are the authentic yorubas alongside the Yoruba Christian's who defend their land first before submission to caliphate for religion sake

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Judolisco(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2022
Kai... This past week jst made me realise that boko haram menace in d North won't end... U killed a girl for saying u should only post assignments on group WhatsApp ... She was killed by people she thought were her brothers and sisters... The North will never know peace for killing an innocent girl... Even chief imam of Abuja supported the killing.. Thunder go fire lord lugard

18 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by easyfem(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2022
shey dix nigger still dey existent.....we didnt knw u are still alive sir ..... useless man

3 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by everythinggirly(f): 8:04am On May 16, 2022
I hope and pray so.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by wolesmile(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2022
How I wish we were back to the military era. We need another no nonsense leader with a lion heart like Obasanjo. A true war veteran, he sure knows how to use the military to control crises in waring zones and clip the powers of militia groups.
- The Odi massacre of 1999 came to mind.
- The ban and rounding up of OPC leaders in 2000.
- The Zaki-Biam massacre of 2001.
- Military action on Bakassi Boys in 2002.

We really need another non tribalistic leader, who is not a religious bigot; a patriot, who sees everyone first as humans and as Nigerians before any other thing. We need another "Obasanjo," else, this entity surrounding the Niger River and Christened by Lugard's consort, Flora Shaw; this marriage of inconvenience consumated in 1914 by the ever selfish British colonial slave traders, will not survive the next 4 years. We've already cited non compatibility as a ground for divorce.

I come in peace...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Lastmankc(m): 8:05am On May 16, 2022
Kill those bloody terrorists all.

2 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Eriokanmi: 8:07am On May 16, 2022
Good one. His statement confirms the fact that, we're more educated, concerned and sensible people and that's evident in our way of life and the way we cohabit peacefully in Yorubaland. Before anyone attacks me, Iba Adams is a Muslim. You could call him a traditional title holder but up north where Islam is practised as a sect rather than a religion, they don't joke with traditions and juju too.

Ask each mallam, including those in the national assembly wearing neat banaringa to remove their clothes, what you'd see would shock you....you'd see dagger laced with charms and binded with different animal skin, big belt-like charms around their waists, etc.

I still need someone to explain in clear terms to me what blasphemy is all about when someone didn't insult Muhammed or abuse him in any way and you went ahead and killed her in such an inhuman means. If saying people should stop derailing the group set up for adacemic enhancement or purposes i.e, test, exams, by posting useless religous posts was Deborah's sin and now termed it blasphemy, then we still have big literacy issues in the North. By now I was thinking they'd have become learned enough to interpret things logically but I was wrong. They still live in the dark age. A religious post in this context is of course useless ( that is, not useful or relevant to the purpose for which the WhatsApp group was set up). The same posts can't be said to be useless in Islamic or religous WhatsApp groups where such posts would been more relevant. By saying something is useless doesn't mean it's bad...it means it doesn't fit in a particular situation and that doesn't mean the same can't be useful elsewhere. I hope more sensible people would rise in condemning this barbaric act.

I said to someone yesterday that they were lucky the girl wasn't yoruba and someone said it doesn't matter. I was in Ile Ife a few years back when our youths killed nearly 2 hundred hausa at eleyele side because one of them killed a yoruba welder , cut his flesh into size and packed it inside the wheel barrow then inserted a stick in his already cut off head and mocking yorubas. By the time our youths decended on them, people pitied them . Many were thrown into the wells, houses and property were burnt by our angry youths it was terrible. Their leaders in the north had to send buses to Ife to take the remaining ones home. We can be peaceful and calm but that can't be misconstrued for cowardice. Same Iba Gani was at the scene thst time. I couldn't believe my eyes while driving past a place that used to be bubbling with hausas.

I also remember the swift reprisals after a woman was killed for preaching early morning in Kubwa some years back. The moment our people heard this, mile 12 was attacked and many were killed. It took the swift intervention of pastor Adeboye, the GO of the church the woman belonged, to stem the situation. They should thank their God oo. Deborah, RIP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by lonelydora: 8:08am On May 16, 2022
Let's move on, abeg. We all know nothing will happen to those guys.

The list of such gruesome kîllings is endless. An average Northerner, educated or not, have same mentality as those Almajiri when it comes to religion.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Sleekfingers: 8:08am On May 16, 2022
Na be naija we dey ? Dem go sweep it under the carpet.... useless terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by omoadeleye(m): 8:08am On May 16, 2022
airminem:
What of the many killed daily in all part of Nigeria? Will they get justice?

We have failure in the entire system

Mob action on Deborah in that matter was bad and i condenm such.
Sympathy to the families

So because there are killings all over the country, the one for Deborah should be left to slide abi?

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Brushstrokes20: 8:08am On May 16, 2022
Spot on! Those bloodthirsty baaaastarrrds must die by hanging undecided
May Lugard continue to rot in the hottest part of hell for amalgamating cows with humans!

4 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Diligence: 8:08am On May 16, 2022
How else will the brutes be deterred if not by arresting them, beating them, stoning them, burning them and then package their corpses and sent to their parents/relations for burial?!?!

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by MikeMicheal(m): 8:09am On May 16, 2022
Please how can I join the ISLAMIC occult?

Seems they rule the world now.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Alwaysready(m): 8:09am On May 16, 2022
If I were the brother ,I would have hired touts and give them gun to kill all those irate buffon.

I take no shit. Anybody wey no sabi behave imself publicly go collect am.

3 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Guestiboa: 8:09am On May 16, 2022
This country must break

3 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by Angelfrost(m): 8:09am On May 16, 2022
paulolee:
I pray they do get justice because I know my country, with time, another trending news or bandits doinz go pop up and we forget this one...those guys need to be arrested and jailed

BBNaija is already being prepped and ready to take over the minds of most Southern youths for the next 4 months...
Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by feyiran: 8:09am On May 16, 2022
Oga o
Re: Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams by WibusJaga: 8:10am On May 16, 2022
Very Correct.

This bloodthirsty Islamic lunatic & all his murderous cohorts must be prosecuted for murder. They are not above the laws of the land...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues / Woman Smuggles Cocaine In Bosoms Implants / Man, 30, Arrested For Defiling 6-yr-old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.