Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva (1150 Views)

Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked In Enugu As Officers Comply (pictures) / Hoodlums Burn Ashaka Police Station In Delta, As Officers Kill 6 Armed Robbers / Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Emergingnation3(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2022
Monday Sit-At-Home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Servants To Comply With Directive In Enugu
The Monday sit-at-home, which began in the third quarter of 2021, was championed by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to press for the unconstitutional release of their leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who is currently in the detention facility of the Nigerian secret police, the Department of State Services (DSS) in Abuja.

In what appears to be the worst case in the Monday sit-at-home exercise in Enugu, Southeastern Nigeria, for the first time, police stations in the state observed full compliance with the inglorious sit-at-home order.

The Monday sit-at-home, which began in the third quarter of 2021, was championed by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to press for the unconstitutional release of their leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who is currently in the detention facility of the Nigerian secret police, the Department of State Services (DSS) in Abuja.

However, shortly after the directive was given by IPOB, it made a U-turn and announced its cancellation.

Even though IPOB has since cancelled the Monday sit-at-home, some gunmen have continued to attack defaulters in their violent enforcement of the order.

IPOB has denied any links to the gunmen.

On Monday, May 16, 2022, not even the police stations left anything to chance as most of them, including the Trans Ekulu police station, Ogui, New Heaven, Abakpa Area Command among others were closed in compliance with the sit-at-home order.

Only a handful of police personnel was seen at the stations while the gates were locked.

However, apart from the police stations, government offices, banks and private institutions were all closed on Monday morning.

SaharaReporters observed that from Trans-Ekulu, Abakpa, GRA, and Obiagu, there was a near 100% compliance with the sit-at-home order as economic activities were shut down.

Meanwhile, apart from a handful of military patrol vans spotted at Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium heading towards Obiagu and empty police vans strategically parked at the Holy Ghost Roundabout and Ogbete main market; nothing showed the presence of security officers.

Also, surveillance aircraft of the Nigerian Air Force has been conducting reconnaissance missions around the state capital and also nearby towns since 6:30 am.

A major market, Ogbete Main Market and New Market were completely deserted.

Interestingly, two major police stations, Ogui Police Station and Trans Ekulu Police Station were seen with padlocks.

Apart from hospitals, there was no other government institution in Enugu state operating full-scale services, as observed on Monday.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pictures

1. Entrance of Ogbete Main Market

2. Enugu North local government headquarters under lock and key.

3. Chris Chemist roundabout by Ogbete-Okpara Avenue Road.

4. Trans-Ekulu Police Station

5. Ogui Police Station

1 Share

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Nerogaming01(m): 2:04pm On May 16, 2022
Pictures of locked police station please.
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by successmatters(m): 2:06pm On May 16, 2022
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Xscape1993(m): 2:06pm On May 16, 2022
It is well ooo...
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Emergingnation3(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2022
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Newton2024: 2:14pm On May 16, 2022
Polithiefcians observing sit-at-home order in government houses. Security men observing sit-at-home protest in barracks. But will at same time be telling innocent people to disobey sit-at-home order. How I wish a governor or an army general or a police commissioner can lead by example. Go out there without hundreds of security aids then we can follow your example later.

7 Likes

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Okwyjesus(m): 2:25pm On May 16, 2022
My fear is that anything lgbo man start no dey finish.

Am concern bcs this thing is spiling into Delta and surrounding states already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Kalashnikov49: 2:25pm On May 16, 2022
We send the zombies message??Mbanu!!...BIAFRA BEAUTIFUL!!

The sit at home parade has engulfed the whole region...and the success threshold is a testament of FACT!!

BBC IPOB propaganda championed by Almajiri and Afonja Muslims ..FAILED!!

NAIRALAND ZOMBIES FAILED!!

Useless Nigerian media houses failed!!

The way IGBO unanimously rejected Buhari (even though vindicated) is the same way the SIT @ HOME has come to be!!

Oyigboupdate aka udele1 aka edosignature aka eastervoice.....These are pictures from direct sources on Ground!!

So all your lamentations and vile propaganda has failed!!!!,,,I HOPE YOU HAVE SEEN THE CAMEROUN ESN VIDEO...you deliberately omitted. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Broveens42(m): 2:25pm On May 16, 2022
Newton2024:
Polithiefcians observing sit-at-home order in government houses. Security men observing sit-at-home protest in barracks. But will at same time be telling innocent people to disobey sit-at-home order. How I wish a governor or an army general or a police commissioner can lead by example. Go out there without hundreds of security aids then we can follow your example later.

grin
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Kalashnikov49: 2:29pm On May 16, 2022
DEM FIT TRY PEPPER... grin grin grin grin grin

Newton2024:
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by bomb24: 2:29pm On May 16, 2022
Emergingnation3:
grin grin

What are you happy about? the economic stagnation of the SE by Ipob minions enforcing sit-at home? bloody fool!

Nothing would give me so much joy than watch MNk publicly executed, and his minions such as you, die of heart burns...

1 Like

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Sergio104(m): 2:41pm On May 16, 2022
bomb24:

What are you happy about? the economic stagnation of the SE by Ipob minions enforcing sit-at home? bloody fool!

Nothing would give me so much joy than watch MNk publicly executed, and his minions such as you, die of heart burns...

Asin ehhhh.

Bro, I'm so sad whenever I think of how our dear Onitsha is loosing it cry

Loosing well to do business Men

All in the name of sit at home.

May thunder fire the person that brought out this idea

2 Likes

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2022
Sergio104:

Asin ehhhh.

Dont mind them, most of them are jobless criminals happy and celebrating sit at home as if it's a good thing

1 Like

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by bomb24: 2:52pm On May 16, 2022
Sergio104:

Asin ehhhh.
These Idiots are drowning the East slowly.
Sad!
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by ivolt: 3:08pm On May 16, 2022
Fake news.
How can you risk your life to go out and take pictures unless you are part of UGM?

2 Likes

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Emergingnation3(m): 3:13pm On May 16, 2022
bomb24:

Keep Crying ! grin

Apart from security operative offices that has joined in observing the sit at home order, was there federal present in the East before now..

Chronic unity Beggar, point any region that is doing better than SE Economically, since inception of the sit home order...

The actualization of sovereign state of Biafra is very sacresants, and it is a task that must be accomplished.....

Weeping sore can't change it..

8 Likes

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by LagacyHills: 3:41pm On May 16, 2022
grin angry angry grin grin angry grin grin grin grin. ONLY OUR SUPREME LEADER CAN BRING CALM

1 Like

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by NoQualmz: 3:49pm On May 16, 2022
Emergingnation3:
grin grin
See as u dey shine gworo teeth
When they call u a terrorist now,u start gloating like a foolish goat
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by NoQualmz: 3:50pm On May 16, 2022
Emergingnation3:
[s]Keep Crying ! grin

Apart from security operative offices that has joined in observing the sit at home order, was there federal present in the East before now..

Chronic unity Beggar, point any region that is doing better than SE Economically, since inception of the sit home order...

The actualization of sovereign state of Biafra is very sacresants, and it is a task that must be accomplished.....

Weeping sore can't change it..

[/s]
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Kinematics: 3:51pm On May 16, 2022
Make una sit at home for 1000 years....

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by NoQualmz: 3:52pm On May 16, 2022
Sergio104:

Asin ehhhh.

Ipob copied from the Ambazonians of Cameron. Those ones started it

1 Like

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Emergingnation3(m): 3:54pm On May 16, 2022
NoQualmz:

See as u dey shine gworo teeth
When they call u a terrorist now,u start gloating like a foolish goat
Lol ! gworo teeth indeed, very funny grin.. I no be Aboki Abeg...

Pained unity beggar, grin

2 Likes

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Geometrix(m): 4:02pm On May 16, 2022
I understand how you feel.The politicians from the south east knows what to do to solve this problem; However they are still in denial.Hopefully they might come around before things gets out of hand.quote author=Sergio104 post=112887846]

Asin ehhhh.

May thunder fire the person that brought out this idea[/quote]
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 16, 2022
grin Police officers sitting at home

+

People sitting at home

+

No one watching the businesses

=

Free food for Criminals
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Yujin(m): 4:47pm On May 16, 2022
bomb24:

Your death is very close.

1 Like

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by AsiwajuOfPeePoo: 4:51pm On May 16, 2022
IPOB is the nemesis of Nigeria state. IPOB is indestructible. That is why all dss, bbc, media and govt propaganda and blackmail have remained barren.
If care is not taken Biafran currency is going to replace naira. And when that is done UN will have no choice than to dermacat this awkward country.

1 Like

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Angelacruz: 5:31pm On May 16, 2022
Pls hw many days is sit at home this week?
Emergingnation3:
Monday Sit-At-Home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Servants To Comply With Directive In Enugu

Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Emergingnation3(m): 6:31pm On May 16, 2022
Angelacruz:
Pls hw many days is sit at home this week?
Just three days , Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday..
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by gogeor(m): 6:33pm On May 16, 2022
that very wrong
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Skillsnigeria: 6:34pm On May 16, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by Angelacruz: 7:13pm On May 16, 2022
Ok...thank you very much
Emergingnation3:
Just three days , Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday..
Re: Monday Sit-at-home: Police Stations Locked As Officers Join Traders, Civil Serva by minasi4841: 7:16pm On May 16, 2022
Emergingnation3:

Sit at home must be obey nothing is too big to sacrifice for Nnamdi Kanu

(1) (Reply)

Forget Ticket If Your State Is Being Ruled By The Opposition- House Leader / What Peter Obi Said About Atiku / Unemployed Habibat And Zainab Tinubu Buy Houses At #2Billion Each In Newyork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.