Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership (29260 Views)

Sweden Officially Joins NATO, Ending Decades Of Neutrality / Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership / Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by free2ryhme: 3:03pm On May 16, 2022
HonNL:
Sweden has decided to follow neighboring Finland and apply for NATO membership, ending more than 200 years of military nonalignment because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, officials said Monday.

SOURCE

“Not only does Putin have a huge failure on his hands in terms of his military objectives in Ukraine, but he’s also enlarged NATO, which was the exact opposite of what he wanted,”

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:04pm On May 16, 2022
christejames:
Putin just laughing at them grin grin grin...

Get ready to be frozen!

Frozen how? The country has already replaced the small amount of electricity imported from Russia and the Sweden only imported 8% of natural gas used yearly from Russia. Swedish leaders have been preparing and planning for this day in all ways imaginable. This wasn’t a hasty decision

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by gigabyte13: 3:04pm On May 16, 2022
;
iCauseTrouble:
Lol. Russia go fight tire grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

As in eeeeeehn, fighting just started.
Waaaaarrrrrrrr staaarrrrrrt....!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by MrSensor(m): 3:05pm On May 16, 2022
Grow nato grow. Russia must fall

4 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Alexandersantos(m): 3:05pm On May 16, 2022
russia will single-handedly defeat nato and all the country under it... IN PUTIN WE TRUST

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by SmartPolician: 3:06pm On May 16, 2022
naijainstinct:
When you continue to be a bully, the oppressed will eventually stand up and face their fears.

Same will soon be the case for Christians in Nigeria who have constantly been the major targets of oppression, religious killings and marginalisation in Nigeria.

The tables will soon turn.

There's no more monolithic north - Fulani herdsmen have destroyed once united north. From Plateau to Taraba, Benue to Kaduna, Zamfara to places the media doesn't report, the marauders have killed people in their numbers, thus shattering the bonds that used to tie them together.

If not, imagine that northerners were attacked in the East and West and the volatile north kept quiet without retaliating. Just three things are still keeping them together - interest in Niger Delta oil, corruption and religious (Islamic) sentiments. They cannot fight together again.

4 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Blazebond(m): 3:06pm On May 16, 2022
The end game is to destroy Putin and Russia,all the u.s.a and her allies want is for Putin to make the mistake of firing a nuclear weapon,they(u.s.a and her allies will use it as an excuse to nuke Russia to thykingdomcome.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Ahmeduana(m): 3:06pm On May 16, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
One thing I have realized is that all NATO members countries are well to do countries but you see all those pro Russian countries na Sapa countries. That should tell you something.
In my part of The country, there is a saying that likes attracts likes, A FORTUNATE PERSON WILL BEFRIEND A FORTUNATE PERSON while a bad-luck person will attracts a bad-luck person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by GODPUNISHALABI: 3:06pm On May 16, 2022
Faber:
; D

Me: Vs Vladimir Putin few mins ago

Me: " hello sir e get 2 countries, dem wan join NATO, I wan make u invade dem...one Mr. Simon Ekpa dey make mouth say he go fight u if I invade im japa country Finland"

Putin : " Aje wich countries be that, dem dey ment? dem wan collect? dey no born dem well"

Me : " Oga invader na Finland and im broda Sweden o, dey wan try u, to see as I rugged reach"

[/b] Putin : [/b] " Aje I bin think say na Chad and Niger wan join NATO. As for those ones free dem base on I dey collect woto woto for inside Ukraine"

Me : "hello..are you there..hello sir...hello can you hear me..." Omo! mad man Putin just hang up on me like dis o grin grin
dry

2 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:07pm On May 16, 2022
compton11:
Nato will just abandon u as they did ukriane

How did NATO abandon Ukraine when Ukraine has never been a member of NATO? The NATO countries are going above and beyond by supplying them with weapons as acts of goodwill because they aren’t entitled to get help. Do you even understand how the alliance works?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:09pm On May 16, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

Seems like Putin is losing more of his neighbors to the United States.

grin grin
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Systrom(m): 3:12pm On May 16, 2022
Great move

2 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by kingthreat(m): 3:12pm On May 16, 2022
So it is obvious, the USA controls one part of Europe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by noisy45(m): 3:13pm On May 16, 2022
Toktee:
You lots should stop all this nonsense about Russia having more nukes.... Let me tell you if Putin drop one nuke on Poland he will not have a chance to use the second one.. and in within an hour Moscow will become a waste land.

You have no idea of the military capabilities of NATO.

If you want to see hardcore military guys that looks like terminator I urge you to check up NATO.

You speak like a novice over 1000 nuclear missiles can be launched at once by Russia and even the USA. What will be the difference is who gets hitted first and who has countermeasures against it. The only countermeasures against a nuclear missile in flight is to disarm the nuclear warhead it via satellite hacking when that happens there will be no nuclear explosion when nuclear missile gets to its destination. Russia has military grade hackers same with the USA.

5 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:13pm On May 16, 2022
OneKinGuy:
This is a very stupid decision. Sweden was still Neutral then Nazi Germany brought destruction to Europe.

Very wise decision. Russia invading Ukraine is a real time example of what happens to non-NATO countries.

9 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Toktee(m): 3:14pm On May 16, 2022
noisy45:

You speak like a novice over 1000 nuclear missiles can be launched at once by Russia and even the USA. What will be the difference is who gets hitted first and who has countermeasures against it. The only countermeasures against a nuclear missile in flight is to disarm the nuclear warhead it via satellite hacking when that happens there will be no nuclear explosion when nuclear missile gets to its destination. Russia has military grade hackers same with the USA.
Noise
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by compton11(m): 3:15pm On May 16, 2022
Daestro1:
And what makes you think i am a christian eh bloody terrorist?

Maybe you also want to kill me too?

F*ck that demon you call Allah

Imagine going to the bible story of thousands of years ago to justify killing Deborah of yesterday. Terrorists. All of you
nigga ain't u proud of your Christianity again? grin
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by gambojimeta: 3:15pm On May 16, 2022
MT:
Putin, what have you achieved? By his foolish action, NATO has expanded by adding new members, Russia economy is nose diving, Russia is a pariah state, Russia is weakened militarily and economically, Russia's army is exposed as a big joke.

Putin is tired of the war, and looking for a way to exit it without a disgrace. US and other westerners are having good laugh.

Sweden and Finland will strengthen NATO alliance. Shame on you , Mr Hitler wannabe, Putin.

free2ryhme:

“Not only does Putin have a huge failure on his hands in terms of his military objectives in Ukraine, but he’s also enlarged NATO, which was the exact opposite of what he wanted,”

cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by naijainstinct: 3:15pm On May 16, 2022
SmartPolician:

There's no more monolithic north - Fulani herdsmen have destroyed once united north. From Plateau to Taraba, Benue to Kaduna, Zamfara to places the media doesn't report, the marauders have killed people in their numbers, thus shattering the bonds that used to tie them together.

If not, imagine that northerners were attacked in the East and West and the volatile north kept quiet without retaliating. Just three things are still keeping them together - interest in Niger Delta oil, corruption and religious (Islamic) sentiments. They cannot fight together again.
Wow, quite insightful and I cannot agree less. I duff for your analytical skill. You Sabi Nigeria
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by gambojimeta: 3:15pm On May 16, 2022
Systrom:
Great move
Fantastic move

1 Like

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by MT: 3:16pm On May 16, 2022
Moony45:
Its a nuclear weapon country... There is no such thing as encircle... unless they can bear the consequences. Russia has the most number of nuclear arsenal in the world (6500nukes)

Most of the nukes are inoperable. Also, it is not the number of nukes you have that matters, it is the delivery mechanism. US has the most precision guided nuclear capable military assets.

A responsible nation doesn't use nuclear capabilities to boast. Have you heard any of the NATO members boasting . If Putin wants a war, he knows what to do - just hit Poland by an inch, then sit back and enjoy "chum chin chum"�

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by gambojimeta: 3:16pm On May 16, 2022
Blazebond:
The end game is to destroy Putin and Russia,all the u.s.a and her allies want is for Putin to make the mistake of firing a nuclear weapon,they(u.s.a and her allies will use it as an excuse to nuke Russia to thykingdomcome.
Hoping he would be foolish enough just like he was foolish to invade Ukraine
grin

5 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by gambojimeta: 3:17pm On May 16, 2022
Alexandersantos:
russia will single-handedly defeat nato and all the country under it... IN PUTIN WE TRUST
grin grin grin grin
Just like he has defeated small Ukraine.
I like your sarcasm.

9 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by godliman: 3:17pm On May 16, 2022
Dawn91:
Wow

Seems Europe is about to change forever...

Putin is a goat

What if this was the plan of the West all along ?
This should be a real casestudy in any international relations course globally..Putin walked into a trap. As it stands Russia is so weàkned.. both from a military perspective and from an economical perspective. Right now Russia can't with stand a war with ordianry India in her current state..

Putin took the bait and slipped up big time. Just imagine if suddenly a country like Iran decides to attack Russia... All her forces are spread thin in Ukraine, there are no reinforcements coming the only thing Putin will use to threaten Iran is nukes but guess what? Iran has nukes too. grin

N true no. By now even Putin knows he walked into this trap..when last did you hear him threaten anyone unlike before? Because he knows that now if he threatens ordiany India they may call.his bluff and tell him oga wetin you go do?

Nothing anyone will tell me, this was a trap.. for years we have seen USA wage war with Iran, Iraq , Afghanistan, Syria , Taliban, Alqaeda , etc.

Russia hasn't fought a war since world war 2. . Ordianry their first try see as Ukraine burst their lip grin

This is why anyone who has a titale of alagbara don't go and fight him thinking he is overrated o. So wait forget nukes because everyone has them even India... So this is the military might that Putin has been threatening the west with for years?

Kai egbon Putin.. Oti tu zeh ni... Make Russia just humble for the next 20 years because any country they annoy go just decide oya make we fight war ... What is shocking is Ukraine hasn't fired weapons at Russia yet o.. yet Russia couldn't win

Kai
Russia has not fought any war since Ww2? What were they doing in Afghanistan, Georgia and lately Syria

3 Likes

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Walkee: 3:18pm On May 16, 2022
Yemmysworld91:
Mr Putin is being held by his balls now.
I think Ukraine was a pawn by NATO and he fell for it.
I just dey here dey observe.
FTC at Last
I don't get the hype. 32 countries banding together in fear of Russia is hardly something to brag about

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by kingthreat(m): 3:18pm On May 16, 2022
Toktee:
You lots should stop all this nonsense about Russia having more nukes.... Let me tell you if Putin drop one nuke on Poland he will not have a chance to use the second one.. and in within an hour Moscow will become a waste land.

You have no idea of the military capabilities of NATO.

If you want to see hardcore military guys that looks like terminator I urge you to check up NATO.

You keep underestimating Russia. Well it is what the media tells you, you believe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Boss469(m): 3:18pm On May 16, 2022
On behalf of the Illuminati I present to u our mvp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Tremple8v: 3:19pm On May 16, 2022
E don b for Putin.

1 Like

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by MT: 3:19pm On May 16, 2022
gambojimeta:

Hoping he would be foolish enough just like he was foolish to invade Ukraine
grin

Putin is humbled already. He was threatening fire and brimstone if Sweden and Finland made attempt to be NATO members. Now, he is gentle and subdued.

US sets him a trap and Putin walks into it. Russia frozen billions will also be used to rebuild Ukraine. Putin is quite foolish.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by noisy45(m): 3:19pm On May 16, 2022
Toktee:
Noise

Learn nuclear missiles can be hacked, disarmed even in flight after launch or hacked and directed to another direction. NATO and Russia has that capabilities.

1 Like

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by kingthreat(m): 3:20pm On May 16, 2022
OneKinGuy:
This is a very stupid decision. Sweden was still Neutral then Nazi Germany brought destruction to Europe.
Extremely silly. These nearby countries will face the fate of Ukraine is there is a war. Attacking them will be so easy. With what is going on, Russia will triple its weapon production. Waiting for the evil day when it is banter for banter.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians / Pentagon Says Frustrated Putin May Use Nukes If War In Ukraine Is Unwinnable / US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.