Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,912 members, 7,863,147 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:14 PM

The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." (1218 Views)

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of GOD (Very Powerful) / This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 10:42pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

It’s in the past yet Christians are still using it?
are you not proud of Old Testament?
Without Judaism you won’t be a Christian.

Please can you show us where Jesus or the Apostles instructed Christians to kill their enemies? is it too hard to find?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 10:42pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Christians, Chrestians... it doesn't change anything. They are followers of Jesus (Yeshua or Yahushua)

Please show us where this Christians were instructed to kill their enemies by Jesus or the Apostles. Is this to difficult to find in the Bible?

It changes a lot.
Chrestian is a derogatory word and it’s used for pagan worshippers.
This same Tertulian was the one that created the trinity concept.
Did you read the screenshot? Jesus never existed, it’s the creation of Roman Catholic

Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 10:43pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Please can you show us where Jesus or the Apostles instructed Christians to kill their enemies? is it too hard to find?

It’s all over the Old Testament, do your god change?
If you know the history of Christianity you will know better z
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 10:46pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

It changes a lot.
Chrestian is a derogatory word and it’s used for pagan worshippers.
This same Tertulian was the one that created the trinity concept.
Did you read the screenshot? Jesus never existed, it’s the creation of Roman Catholic

Oh wow, so the Roman Catholic church hurriedly installed a fake cross at Golgotha in Israel, and the tomb there as well?

Have you also confirmed from the Jewish rabbis Jesus (Yeshua) never existed? Most of them do not believe in Jesus, but do not deny his existence.

Well, unless you know the history of the Jews more than themselves. Humor me some more please.
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 10:47pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Oh wow, [/b]so the Roman Catholic church hurriedly installed a fake cross at Golgotha in Israel, and the tomb there as well?[b]

Have you also confirmed from the Jewish rabbis Jesus (Yeshua) never existed? Most of them do not believe in Jesus, but do not deny his existence.

Well, unless you know the history of the Jews more than themselves. Humor me some more please.

What year was it installed?
There’s no Jew that bears a Latin name “Jesus” and Jesus does not mean yeshau, that’s why Jews reject the Latin jesus, show me where they recognize his existence?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 10:47pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

It’s all over the Old Testament, do your god change?
If you know the history of Christianity you will know better z

God does not change, it's man's understanding of God that changes over time. However, Jesus gave the perfect view on the nature of God in the synoptic gospels.

Now please, where in the new testament can we find examples of Jesus and the Apostles encouraging Christians to kill their enemies?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 10:48pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

God does not change, it's man's understanding of God that changes over time. However, Jesus gave the perfect view on the nature of God in the synoptic gospels.

Now please, where in the new testament can we find examples of Jesus and the Apostles encouraging Christians to kill their enemies?

What do you mean by “however” if god did not change that means the Old Testament is valid, or did you god changed and become more gentle?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 10:51pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

What year was it installed?
There’s no Jew that bears a Latin name “Jesus” and Jesus does not mean yeshau, that’s why Jews reject the Latin jesus, show me where they recognize his existence?

Bros, if you have an English name, there is also a Portuguese, Greek, Italian or whatever language's version there for it.

Carlos in Spain is Charles in England and so forth

John in English is Yochanan in Hebrew
Jesus in Latin is Yeshua or Yahushua in Hebrew
Elijah in English is Eliyah in Hebrew
Matthew in English is Mattityahu in Hebrew

So because their Hebrew names are not used means these characters never existed? Please find another excuse
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 10:53pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Bros, if you have an English name, there is also a Portuguese, Greek, Italian or whatever language's version there for it.

Carlos in Spain is Charles in England and so forth

John in English is Yochanan in Hebrew
Jesus in Latin is Yeshua or Yahushua in Hebrew
Elijah in English is Eliyah in Hebrew
Matthew in English is Mattityahu in Hebrew

So because their Hebrew names are not used means these characters never existed? Please find another excuse

I know, yeshau does not mean Jesus anywhere, and dont forget that New Testament was written in Greek, why did they add a Latin name to it? Smells like Roman Catholic work, in the early copy of the Greek New Testament, there is nothing like “Jesus” it was added in the Latin vulgate.

Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 10:54pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

What do you mean by “however” if god did not change that means the Old Testament is valid, or did you god changed and become more gentle?

Read my response slowly.

God never changed. It is man's understanding of God that changed over time.

Use yourself as an example. If you can beat your chest and tell us the way you understand God as a baby is the same way you understand God as an adult, you will merely be a laughing stock on this forum.

The way you understand God as a child is obviously different from how you understand God now. The difference? more insight and knowledge (what I will assume with any rational thinking theist)
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 10:55pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Read my response slowly.

God never changed. It is man's understanding of God that changed over time.

Use yourself as an example. If you can beat your chest and tell us the way you understand God as a baby is the same way you understand God as an adult, you will merely be a laughing stock on this forum.

The way you understand God as a child is obviously different from how you understand God now. The difference? more insight and knowledge (what I will assume with any rational thinking theist)

Read mine slowly.
“What do you mean by “however” if god did not change that means the Old Testament is valid, or did you god changed and become more gentle?“

And which “god” are you talking about? “god” is a title not a person, you are a monolatrist.
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 10:56pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

I know, yeshau does not mean Jesus anywhere, and dont forget that New Testament was written in Greek, why did they add a Latin name to it? Smells like Roman Catholic work, in the early copy of the Greek New Testament, there is nothing like “Jesus” it was added in the Latin vulgate.

Yochanan is John...means John never existed?

Elijah is Eliyah...means Elijah never existed?

Joshua is also Yeshua...means Joshua never existed?

I can go on and on. Your argument to invalidate the existence of Jesus with this excuse throws out the Judaism (Old Testament) you're defending so dearly out of the window too...
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by BetterHeadline: 10:56pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

So sad, so in your new Testament, it did not say anything about the "Act of the Apostles", and the various letters written by James the brother of Jesus, Jude the brother of Jesus, Apostle John, Apostle Paul or Apostle Peter?

Oh well, the bolded says a lot about your level of knowledge on the scriptures...

Now please, show us examples of where the Apostles and early Christians killed their enemies in the new testament.

I'm not even going to argue who was and wasn't brother of Jesus.
Those various letters you wrote about were written to address various concerns and to answer various questions about Christianity. The concerns and questions were raised by new converts in Rome, Corinthians, Damacus, e.t.c. They weren't documentations of the life of Christians.

Now please, show us examples of where the Apostles and early Christians killed their enemies in the new testament.

Whatever Apostles and early Christians did isn't any of my concerns.
My concern is centered around this simple question: Is it permitted in Christianity to kill in self defense those who want to kill us off and rape our women?
My answer is YES
What is your answer?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 10:57pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Yochanan is John...means John never existed?

Elijah is Eliyah...means Elijah never existed?

Joshua is also Yeshua...means Joshua never existed?

I can go on and on. Your argument to invalidate the existence of Jesus with this excuse throws out the Judaism (Old Testament) you're defending so dearly out of the window too...

Are you reading atall?
Greek testament was written in Greek, every words in it, why is a Latin name “Jesus” found inside it.
In the earliest version of the Greek New Testament, there was no “Jesus”.
Can’t you understand simple thing?

Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 10:57pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

Read mine slowly.
“What do you mean by “however” if god did not change that means the Old Testament is valid, or did you god changed and become more gentle?“

And which “god” are you talking about? “god” is a title not a person, you are a monolatrist.

Which part of this sentence are you finding difficult to comprehend?

"God never changed, it is man's understanding of God that changed over time"

The above is written in straightforward english. Doesn't take much mental effort to understand.
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 10:59pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Which part of this sentence are you finding difficult to comprehend?

"God never changed, it is man's understanding of God that changed over time"

The above is written in straightforward english. Doesn't take much mental effort to understand.

Mine is simple enough to understand.
Read mine slowly.
if god did not change that means the Old Testament is valid, or did you god changed and become more gentle?“

And which “god” are you talking about? “god” is a title
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 10:59pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

Are you reading atall?
Greek testament was written in Greek, every words in it, why is a Latin name “Jesus” found inside it.
In the earliest version of the Greek New Testament, there was no “Jesus”.
Can’t you understand simple thing?

The Greek name for Jesus is Iesous.

Bring the original Greek manuscript that spells "Jesus" rather than Iesous... patiently waiting
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 11:01pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

The Greek name for Jesus is Iesous.

Bring the original Greek manuscript that spells "Jesus" rather than Iesous... patiently waiting

There’s no “Jesus” in the Greek New Testament, it was added in later VERSIONS by CATHOLIC the Latin vulgate, that’s why “Jesus” is in Latin. read!

Bring the original Greek manuscript that you saw them write “Jesus”? I’m patiently waiting

Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 11:06pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

Mine is simple enough to understand.
Read mine slowly.
if god did not change that means the Old Testament is valid, or did you god changed and become more gentle?“

And which “god” are you talking about? “god” is a title

Dear Lord, help this guy understand the bigger picture of how the truth evolved in purity over time.

God gave the Israelites and foreigners resident in Israel the Old Covenant (613 Mosaic Laws to follow), same God gave the Jews and Gentiles a better and improved covenant in the new testament to follow. How does a change in contract automatically translate to mean God has changed?

Let me give you a basic example. You entered into a business contract with a customer, later on you changed the terms of the contract into something that works better for you and the customer. Did you change? or was it the contract that changed....

The answer to this question will clear your confusion.
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 11:07pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Dear Lord, help this guy understand the bigger picture of how the truth evolved in purity over time.

God gave the Israelites and foreigners resident in Israel the Old Covenant (613 Mosaic Laws to follow), same God gave the Jews and Gentiles a better and improved covenant in the new testament to follow. How does a change in contract automatically translate to mean God has changed?

Let me give you a basic example. You entered into a business contract with a customer, later on you changed the terms of the contract into something that works better for you and the customer. Did you change? or was it the contract that changed....

The answer to this question will clear your confusion.

If I’m all knowing I would have worked for a better term from the start.
If your god can change contract, that means the contract you have now with “Jesus” can also be changed anytime.
Of course i changed, I chAnged my decision, I knew something I didn’t know earlier which cause the change, I’m not all knowing.
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 11:11pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

There’s no “Jesus” in the Greek New Testament, it was added in later VERSIONS by CATHOLIC the Latin vulgate, that’s why “Jesus” is in Latin. read!

Bring the original Greek manuscript that you saw them write “Jesus”? I’m patiently waiting

Lmao, read the bolded part of your message, where did I ever mention "Jesus" was written in the original Greek manuscript?

Read! I said Iesous the greek word for Jesus. Read!!!

Ieosus (Greek) Jesus (Latin/English) Yeshua/Yahushua (Hebrew): Same man, different names in different languages with the same meaning!

How hard is this to comprehend?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 11:12pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

If I’m all knowing I would have worked for a better term from the start.
If your god can change contract, that means the contract you have now with “Jesus” can also be changed anytime.
Of course i changed, I chAnged my decision, I knew something I didn’t know earlier which cause the change, I’m not all knowing.

Of course God is all knowing...

Now in your infinite wisdom, would you treat and interact with a newborn baby the same way you would with a teenager or an adult? hmmm?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 11:14pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Lmao, read the bolded part of your message, where did I ever mention Jesus was written in the original Greek manuscript?

Read! I said Iesous the greek word for Jesus. Read!!!

Ieosus (Greek) Jesus (Latin/English) Yeshua/Yahushua (Hebrew): Same man, different names in different languages with the same meaning!

How hard is this to comprehend?

There’s no where “lesous” was written in the earliest Greek testament, and why did they translate Jesus to Latin in a GREEK BOOK? Isn’t that the influence of Roman Catholic? And it’s not Jesus in latin, it’s iesus, the i was later removed and replaced with j in the English Bible.

And again Jesus does not mean lesous.
Read!

Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 11:14pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman, please where are the examples of Christians killing their enemies in the new testament?

That's my initial question, and I am still awaiting your answer. If you cannot find any example in the new testament. Let me know
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 11:15pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Of course God is all knowing...

Now in your infinite wisdom, would you treat and interact with a newborn baby the same way you would with a teenager or an adult? hmmm?

I created the newborn baby and adult too?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 11:15pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

There’s no where “lesous” was written in the earliest Greek testament, and why did they translate Jesus to Latin in a GREEK BOOK? Isn’t that the influence of Roman Catholic? And it’s not Jesus in latin, it’s iesus, the i was later removed and replaced with j in the English Bible.

And again Jesus does not mean lesous.
Read!

Run a google search for the Hebrew version of Iesous, and tell us your search result undecided
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 11:15pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:
Maynman, please where are the examples of Christians killing their enemies in the new testament?

That's my initial question, and I am still awaiting your answer. If you cannot find any example in the new testament. Let me know

Okcornel why are the Christians using a Judaist book if they don’t believe it?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 11:16pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Run a google search for the Hebrew version of Iesous, and tell us your search result undecided

You are just learning them I see.

Lesous does not mean iesus in Latin, from iesus you get “Jesus” after the i was replaced with j.
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 11:17pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

I created the newborn baby and adult too?

My question is simple and straightforward.

In your infinite wisdom, do you interact and deal with a newborn baby same way you would with a teenager or full grown adult?
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 11:18pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

My question is simple and straightforward.

In your infinite wisdom, do you interact and deal with a newborn baby same way you would with a teenager or full grown adult?

I’m not all knowing and all powerful, your analogy is flawed.
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by OkCornel(m): 11:18pm On May 16, 2022
Maynman:

You are just learning them I see.

Lesous does not mean iesus in Latin, from iesus you get “Jesus” after the i was replaced with j.

Middle English, from Late Latin Iēsus, from Greek Iēsous, from Hebrew yēšûă', from yəhôšûa', Joshua; see Joshua1.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Iesous

Read! Read!!
Re: The Bible Never Said: "Thou Shall Not Kill." by Maynman: 11:20pm On May 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Middle English, from Late Latin Iēsus, from Greek Iēsous, from Hebrew yēšûă', from yəhôšûa', Joshua; see Joshua1.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Iesous

Read! Read!!

So you see yesua means joshua and not Latin Jesus.
And again Iesus does not mean lesous.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did You Know That The Cap Muslim Men Wear Is Called 'cap For Liars'? / My Chat With A Jehovah's Witness / Couselling And Prayer Solves All Problems

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.