Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ (589 Views)

Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire / Properties Of Stella Udogwu, Former Accountant General Of Imo State (Photos) / N80bn Bayelsa Airport: APC Kicks Over Outrageous, Inflated Amount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by TheDemola: 8:53pm On May 16, 2022
Ahmed Idris, Nigeria’s accountant general of the federation, was on Monday arrested by the Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over an alleged N80bn fraud.

In a mailed statement, the EFCC said his arrest “was in connection with diversion of funds and money laundering activities to the tune of N80 billion.”

“The Commission’s verified intelligence showed that the AGF raked off the funds through bogus consultancies and other illegal activities using proxies, family members and close associates,” the Commission stated in the statement signed by its Head, Media & Publicity, Wilson Uwujaren.

The EFCC further noted that the funds were laundered through real estate investments in Kano and Abuja.

“Idris was arrested after failing to honour invitations by the EFCC to respond to issues connected to the fraudulent acts,” it added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/news/article/efcc-arrests-nigerias-agf-ahmed-idris-over-n80billion-fraud/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by Danibonk(m): 8:55pm On May 16, 2022
Apc go show us shege with the little time them get to rule
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by TundeDes: 8:55pm On May 16, 2022
I so pity for this country
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by seunmsg(m): 8:56pm On May 16, 2022
This is serious. Maybe he has offended Malami or some other powerful politician.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by Ebubu3: 8:57pm On May 16, 2022
TundeDes:
I do pity for this country
TINUBU IS GOING DOWN!
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by seunmsg(m): 8:59pm On May 16, 2022
Ebubu3:
TINUBU IS GOING DOWN!

Oh, this one is linked to Tinubu again? Is Idris working for Tinubu or villa cabals? Igbos always seeing Tinubu everywhere they go.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by Naijanascam: 9:03pm On May 16, 2022
A very good man just 80billion ,he will win and move on
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by adekolaelect(m): 9:16pm On May 16, 2022
Ebubu3:
TINUBU IS GOING DOWN!
this one done dey enter market small small just bcs of Tinubu .
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by everythinggirly(f): 9:20pm On May 16, 2022
They should not only arrest him, they should collect all the money from him and allocate to different states, empower people, create job opportunities for unemployed graduates. Which is never possible, at the end of the day they'll release him.
A failed system of government.

Thieves just full everywhere in the name of leadership! Omg!

Hit me up for your writing jobs!
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by BenevolentD: 9:22pm On May 16, 2022
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 16, 2022
2 years FAAC allocation of some states in one man's pocket.......

Nigeria... you are gone..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by alpharoyalty: 9:29pm On May 16, 2022
I hope they arrest buhari after he leave office for his grand incompetence and nepotism
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by ijustdey: 9:56pm On May 16, 2022
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by Asswipemod: 2:14am On May 17, 2022
seunmsg:
This is serious. Maybe he has offended Malami or some other powerful politician.

Are you ok? Did he steal or not?
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by Asswipemod: 2:15am On May 17, 2022
seunmsg:

Oh, this one is linked to Tinubu again? Is Idris working for Tinubu or villa cabals? Igbos always seeing Tinubu everywhere they go.

Must you reply anybody that sneezes Tinubu.
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by Spandau: 4:35am On May 17, 2022
seunmsg:

Kadoso Mutairu! Miss me? I was busy with some auditing work. Always knew you were an embezzling fink. Nonsense!
Re: EFCC Arrests Accountant General Of The Federation Over N80bn Fraud’ by Mynd44: 5:21am On May 17, 2022

(1)

IBB A Dictator, His Policies Ruined Nigeria’s Economy – Prof. Itse Sagay / How Gunmen Killed My Brother With His 3 Years Old Son In Owo Church / Certificate: Tinubu Dey Fall My Hand. Shey Him No Know Oluwole Ni ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.