Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,049 members, 7,838,652 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians (289 Views)

"Respect other People's Belief" Is Arguably The Most Hypocritical Statement Ever / Deeper Life Has Never Changed Their Doctrines / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by rockmite: 10:14pm On May 16, 2022
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has appealed to Christians to always respect the doctrines of people of other faith, emphasizing the need for all religious institutions to engage their congregations more efficiently in religious education.

The national president of CAN, Dr Samson Ayokunle while speaking on The Morning Show on Arise TV, Monday, said students should be taught to report issues to relevant authorities or law enforcement agencies.

He said, “There’s a need for religious education so you know what people of other faith around you don’t want and you respect them. If there’s the mutual respect in this nation, there will be peace. Don’t take unilateral offence toward anybody that has offended you. Report it appropriately. This is a civilized society. This is not the stone age.

“To the best of my knowledge, I didn’t see the name of any religious leaders being mentioned in all the documents I got from our people in Sokoto, who are Christians.”

“Killing that lady and setting her ablaze is one action, too many and it should not be allowed in the guise of any religion to take place again. And I want to warn some religious leaders, who are saying there needs to be a redline.

“In a country where we have democracy, if there’s a red line for you, report it appropriately and let the law enforcement agencies handle it, while I’m also appealing to every Christian to respect other religious groups around you,” he said.

Noting that nobody has the right to take unilateral action to terminate the life of another human being, Ayokunle said, “If we have been talking to our government and they have not been able to take decisive action in bringing the culprits to book, then the entire world needs to hear. We’ll need to appeal to the international community to help Nigerian Christians.

Describing the Deborah incident as annoying and barbaric, the cleric said nobody has a monopoly on the environment, saying, “If some people are doing this and going scot-free as if it’s the Banana Republic, the State of lawlessness may set in eventually.”

1 Like

Re: Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 16, 2022
rockmite:
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has appealed to Christians to always respect the doctrines of people of other faith, emphasizing the need for all religious institutions to engage their congregations more efficiently in religious education...

In a country where we have democracy, if there’s a red line for you, report it appropriately and let the law enforcement agencies handle it, while I’m also appealing to every Christian to respect other religious groups around you,” he said...

Thanks for sharing this

Re: Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by God1000(m): 10:58pm On May 16, 2022
Deborah didn't say anything bad that would warrant her brutal and gruesome death, so I don't understand this message
Re: Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by OBALOLA55(m): 11:03pm On May 16, 2022
ANTIISLAM MAXINDHOUSE KOBOJUNKIE MIKECOLD MIKE808
Re: Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by rockmite: 7:26am On May 17, 2022
God1000:
Deborah didn't say anything bad that would warrant her brutal and gruesome death, so I don't understand this message

She did say bad thing but not warrant death. The audio you listened to was her response when she was asked to withdraw her statement against their prophet. U can make mistake by saying provocative things but no more mistake when you refuse to withdraw it or apologize. She was asked to withdraw and apologize, She said "Holy Ghost Fire, nothing will happen (ba abunde se faru)" instead of simply saying sorry and live in peace.
She might be a stubborn person. She was too insensitive. As for me o, I tell u sorry I waka.
Re: Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by God1000(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2022
rockmite:

She did say bad thing but not warrant death. The audio you listened to was her response when she was asked to withdraw her statement against their prophet. U can make mistake by saying provocative things but no more mistake when you refuse to withdraw it or apologize. She was asked to withdraw and apologize, She said "Holy Ghost Fire, nothing will happen (ba abunde se faru)" instead of simply saying sorry and live in peace.
She might be a stubborn person. She was too insensitive. As for me o, I tell u sorry I waka.
nonsense, does that give them any right to kill her? Are you trying to justify her gruesome murder
Re: Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:05pm On May 19, 2022
OBALOLA55:
ANTI.ISLAM MAXI.NDHOUSE KOBOJU.NKIE MIKE.COLD MIKE.808

So what Terrorist ?
Re: Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:14pm On May 19, 2022
OBALOLA55:

ANTIISLAM MAXINDHOUSE KOBOJUNKIE MIKECOLD MIKE808
Ordinarily there won't have been anything call Islam if the Catholic Church never initiate the idea of propagating religion through politics.

Jesus never taught his followers to use force when preaching about God's Kingdom to people. All what Christians need to do is visit their neighbours and initiate a peaceful conversation which will lead to a mutual agreement between the householder and the visitor.
But the Catholic Church were going about forcing their beliefs on people in the name of Crusades.

So it's what the Catholic started that Muslims are following till today. According to Jesus of Nazareth God's people have no business with the political affairs of the world, but the Catholics are political so they were intimidating people into accepting their religion!
So i don't blame Muslims for following the path Catholics initiated rather i blame Catholic for initiating forceful convertion! undecided
Re: Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by TruthinAction: 3:20pm On May 19, 2022
We were still in shock over her death when another one was recorded in Lagos by the same ethnic group just because of N100. They are all planned. They are premeditated murder. It's an intro into what they play to do before the next election.

Christian armies should be on the alert. They will have to kill them first so we can be completely defenseless.
Re: Deborah: Respect Other People’s Religious Doctrines, CAN Appeal To Christians by Alao046(m): 3:20pm On May 19, 2022
Deborah is dead and dead for good, wonder why the Holy ghost fire she shouted could not protect her from been killed.
Just like it could also not protect Jesus from been slaughtered on the cross.

As an atheist, i see this as a case of an arrogant christain extremist who met her death in the hands of ignorant Muslim extremist.

(1) (Reply)

The Rich Man And Lazarus / 5 Ways Your Smartphone Is Changing You / The Relevance Of The Old Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.