Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development (716 Views)

Difference Between Website Design, Front End And Back End Development / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? / Vacancy (part Time Web Designer And Front End/back End Programmer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Nobody: 6:12am On May 17, 2022
Pls help and explain better
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Jay5mie: 6:13am On May 17, 2022
lifeoman:

Lol

You no get google abi you just decide to de stupid?
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Nobody: 7:09am On May 17, 2022
Jay5mie:

Lol
You no get google abi you just decide to de stupid?
Go to hell someone cant ask question again. Idiot!! angry
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by jesmond3945: 7:56am On May 17, 2022
lifeoman:

front end is the user interface while backend is the server side scripting.
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Jay5mie: 8:04am On May 17, 2022
lifeoman:

Bro if you are this dumb, you shouldn't go into programming fr.
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by stanliwise(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2022
lifeoman:
Frontend - your browser
Backend - the server
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by FlameHashira: 10:50am On May 17, 2022
Jay5mie:

Bro if you are this dumb, you shouldn't go into programming fr.
Come on lad everyone didn't know what was front-end or backend when he first started no need to be a dick

3 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by SALVATION30(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2022
Frontend -- HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Vue, Angular, Webapis
Backend -- PHP, NODEJS, PYTHON, RUBY, C++, JAVA, DATABASE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by FlameHashira: 10:52am On May 17, 2022
lifeoman:
You can say front-end is the design and backend is the logic in simple terms but frontend is what happens on the browser, what you see asmfor backend it's the logic, how let's say banks process financial transactions or user login
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 17, 2022
FlameHashira:

You can say front-end is the design and backend is the logic in simple terms but frontend is what happens on the browser, what you see asmfor backend it's the logic, how let's say banks process financial transactions or user login
THANKS EVERY ONE

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 24, 2022
stanliwise:

Frontend - your browser
Backend - the server

Shyyt explanation

A nood will start thinking front end is literally his or her browser

Might take them time to understand what you actually mean is what they see on their browser when they visit a website

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by JohnnyEl(m): 9:02pm On May 24, 2022
lifeoman:
Frontend has to do with the user interface of a website. The design, the cool animations, colours, fonts, basically what a user sees while on a website.

As for Backend (server-side), this deals with things like API. When logging into Facebook with your chrome browser or any browser at all, you first have to fill in your phone number and password before clicking LOGIN. Now, the backend sends this data to Facebook database with the API, bla bla bla, then Walla! Your Facebook account loades up.

I hope you understand now?
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by QuantumR: 11:34pm On May 24, 2022
lifeoman:
You went for a party and you got amazed by all the bright colors and nice food (This is frontend ). you don't get to see the cooks and the event planner that worked behind the scenes to bring the party to life (This is the backend)
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by WrksOnMyMachine: 1:20am On May 25, 2022
lifeoman:

Frank Buschmann, Pattern oriented software architecture. Read page 125 - Model View Controller (MVC)

Model and Controller (Backend)
View (Frontend)

Also see linux sys admin roles to see what the BE roles look like.
https://training.linuxfoundation.org/certification/linux-foundation-certified-sysadmin-lfcs/
https://www.redhat.com/en/services/certification/rhcsa?pfe-srrbkg4ul=exams

Also see frontend masters to see what the FE roles look like
https://frontendmasters.com/learn/beginner/
https://frontendmasters.com/learn/designers-code/
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Nobody: 8:37am On May 26, 2022
JohnnyEl:

Frontend has to do with the user interface of a website. The design, the cool animations, colours, fonts, basically what a user sees while on a website.

As for Backend (server-side), this deals with things like API. When logging into Facebook with your chrome browser or any browser at all, you first have to fill in your phone number and password before clicking LOGIN. Now, the backend sends this data to Facebook database with the API, bla bla bla, then Walla! Your Facebook account loades up.

I hope you understand now?
YES thanks alot
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Nobody: 8:38am On May 26, 2022
Thanks everyone
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by nnamdiosu(m): 4:19pm On May 26, 2022
lifeoman:

front end: the window, glass, wind screen, colors, tyres of the car you see.

back end: the engine that powers the whole car

front end: buhari
back end: the cabals that are actually rulling nigeria

front end: the waiters you meet in a restuarant
back end: the cooks and chefs that cook the food.
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 26, 2022
nnamdiosu:

front end: buhari back end: the cabals that are actually rulling nigeria

front end: the waiters you meet in a restuarant back end: the cooks and chefs that cook the food.
Nice explanation! Thanks alot i understand better

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me What Front End & Back End Means In Web Development by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 26, 2022
nnamdiosu:

front end: buhari back end: the cabals that are actually rulling nigeria

front end: the waiters you meet in a restuarant back end: the cooks and chefs that cook the food.
Nice explanation! Thanks alot i understand better

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What I've Noticed About Young Nigerian Tiktok Tech Stars / Advice Needed. / Php Script Ammendment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.