Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade (31468 Views)

Kumuyi Cancels Aba Crusade After IPOB’s Warning / Deborah Samuel: Pastor Paul Eneche Reveals What Believers Need To Do / Fashion Styles Of Deborah Enenche, Pastor Paul Enenche's Daughter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by gadgethead: 7:55am On May 17, 2022
adenigga:

https:///Deborah-Samuel-RCCGs-Pastor-Adeboye-Cancels-Sokoto-Crusade-Issues-New-Directive

Coward! I thought Adeboye was doing it as a form of protest. If you can't show yourself physically to reassure your members at this crucial time....
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by Nonexisting: 7:55am On May 17, 2022
He didn't cancel anything, the crusade will still be held virtually. Never in the history of religion has a Nigerian pastor forfeited tithes and offerings. Online offering will even bring more money because there is a record of who gives and how much is being given unlike where some of the congregants fold hands and throw 20 naira inside offering box anonymously.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by Lighthome: 7:57am On May 17, 2022
I just imagin, if Bishop Idahosa of blessed memory was still alive, the body of Christ would have had more voice and influence in Nigeria space. Our Current Christian's leaders are not doing enough to deter these wickedness, coming from children of Satan up north.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by virginchaser(m): 7:57am On May 17, 2022
Has any official message from presidency?
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by God1000(m): 7:59am On May 17, 2022
Jennyclay:
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
you don't call it good riddance to bad rubbish, we need to send unmistakable message this time, enough of senseless killings.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by desiredhome: 7:59am On May 17, 2022
BloomingDale:

It would solve a lot. The first of this is that progressive laws can be easily made without some sharia infested region taking us backwards.
These wicked act of killing is common in every tribe/region, but religion/tribalism had made it look that only one region is .......
Imagine the gruesome murder of a husband and wife that was video in the east, that didn't create much criticism from that region, but if it was done by the other tribe..........
Hypocrisy is what so many commenters are....

It's good that our religious leaders preach peace and love instead of inciting comments that will make their ignorant/gullible followers begin to fight and kill each other......

If God had wanted only one religion on earth He would've done that...... religious crisis comes when you preach and condemn the others while you are not better of.......

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by Deeprooted: 8:00am On May 17, 2022
It's quite unfortunate sharing a country with barbarics called northerners!
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by SmartyPants(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2022
MT:

Separation of Nigeria won't solve any problem. Most of the religious leaders are the problem, openly preaching hate and intolerance. Till the Government starts to arrest and prosecute these so-called religious leaders, who feel they are untouchables and above our laws.

We have fanatics in all religions. I'm a Christian and I will not use broad brush to paint all Muslims. Their leaders have brainwashed some of them, we have the same in other religions. Sadly, Govt won't do anything because they need these leaders of religion for their political campaign. Business as usual.

At the end you showed why your proffered solution is no solution at all. Can you see that you have said nothing at all?

And why do you feel separating the country will not solve the problem?
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by lexy2014: 8:02am On May 17, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Men of God should stay clear of politics!

Men of God need to speak the truth to those in authority. By so doing they can't steer clear of politics
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by TOMMYS: 8:02am On May 17, 2022
anonymuz:
Christ was a peaceful man.moment we profess to be his followers we've embrace peace. Deborah's death pained to the marrows. I even planned something bad in heart. But just remember Jesus and I forgived.
So, for a Christian in kaduna south who's family members were killed and has strangers occupying his family house and vast ancestral land.
Such person should just remember Jesus and forgive and forget.

Bugacious Efulefu.

Make we find solution you dey talk forgive and forget.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by factwriter(m): 8:03am On May 17, 2022
baliyubla:
Knew was only a matter of time before Daddy GO showed his frustration. Mortals shouldn’t fight for their Gods.

It was a good thing you respected him as he suplicated but that still doesn't mean the entrance of a church is where a non Christian should detour to observe his prayers.

You could have waited behind to correct him (if you feel you have the diplomacy).

What am saying here is, another person from another religion does not "necessarily" have to reciprocate your "particular" kind of tolerance; as long as they are not refuting by violence.

What you don't consider as sacred in your own religion could be regarded as being sacred in another man's religion.

Different religions with different tenets and prohibitions. What matters is that any action or act of inaction we take (while trying to guide our faith and beliefs) should be within the rule of Law.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by derecho(m): 8:04am On May 17, 2022
You dey mind dem?
When some of us who know them talk,gullible people would say we are intolerant.

Anyone who knows Muslims would NEVER be surprised at what they did to Deborah.

I'm glad many of them can't hide their wickedness in this matter.
Only a few master liars like Gumi, Muric and Sultan pretend to condemn it.Is that not interesting?.
DonBenny77:
There is nothing like one Nigeria that's why I always sympathize with NK.
When slaughter market was still functional in Port Harcourt, the muslims will shut down the market for over one hour on Fridays restricting movement and sales nobody disturbed them or fought them.
I remember my NYSC days in Jigawa ganza buji lga the corpers lodge was relocated from the heart of the community to the back of their local government secretariat surrounded by farmlands exposing us to parasites that preyed on us after millet and other crops have been harvested. Their reason was that the corpers Christian fellowship would convert their children.
Where is the religious tolerance Buhari preaches?
It's double standards.
This country should breakup already.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by MT: 8:04am On May 17, 2022
SmartyPants:

At the end you showed why your proffered solution is no solution at all. Can you see that you have said nothing at all?

And why do you feel separating the country will not solve the problem?

To you, I have said nothing, to others who can easily discern, I have just written about the sad reality of Nigeria. Everyone will soon move on from this case, including you and act like nothing ever happened. If the Govt is serious, that's what they need to do.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by Nobody: 8:06am On May 17, 2022

Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by SmartyPants(m): 8:06am On May 17, 2022
desiredhome:

These wicked act of killing is common in every tribe/region, but religion/tribalism had made it look that only one region is .......
Imagine the killing of a husband and wife that was video in the east, that didn't create much criticism from that region, but if it was done by the other tribe..........

It's good that our religious leaders preach peace and love instead of inciting comments that will make these ignorant/gullible followers begin to fight and kill each other......

If God had wanted only one religion on earth He would've done that...... religious crisis comes when you preach and condemn the others while you are not better of.......

Can you even hear yourself?

Be there comparing apples to oranges. The killing of that couple was condemned everywhere but we understand that there is an insurgency going on. just the same way we condemn it when book haram kills but we don't condemn it at the same volume.

just the other da ISWAp killed 40 chrisitans. It was not amplified to this level.

The reason this particular even is so horrific is that a lady who ostensibly was immersed within a civilised society, in a college of education, was beaten and burnt to death by her peers, not even thugs or purported insurgents, but ordinary members of the society on an extremely flimsy pretext.

Now here's the real kicker. not a single eastern or southern soul came out to support the eastern killers, but northerners, high and low, even on this forum have been making excuses and justifying it. Heck, you lot even came out to protest in support of the killers.

Never ever make that comparison between the south and the north again! Southern Nigeria is 150 years of civilization ahead of northern Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by Zulu2022: 8:07am On May 17, 2022
desiredhome:

Imagine the killing of a husband and wife that was video in the east, that didn't create much criticism from that region, but if it was done by the other tribe..........

It's good that our religious leaders preach peace and love instead of inciting comments that will make these ignorant/gullible followers begin to fight and kill each other......

y not go nd reside in sokoto peace preacher,u see not wrong wit dis one ND is not connected to religion,mk una de use una brain,that's y China ND India is against this ppl,even there most educated ones are like same,no exposure,can u imagine lawyers recruited to defend those idiots,u guys talk online because dis gal was not related to u,that wat I see,sef centered human on earth every where...even Jesus fr use peace wen de where using his father temple to sell goods,yes.. peace ambassador and good defender of ur brethren,incase u want know, Manchester United the find defender
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by gaskiyamagana: 8:08am On May 17, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
Cancelling the crusade is not enough. The likes of Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo etc should all speak up about the separation of Nigeria. This is getting out of hand, Nigeria should be divided with immediate effect and let everyone go their separate ways!. It is absolutely impossible joining people of different backgrounds, cultures, traditions and religions together as one. The Muslims deserve to live in the jungle with wild animals.

Start well but end bad. Believe it or not, good Muslims are not in support of what happened. Again, only foolish leaders in the South are against dividing Nigeria.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by SmartyPants(m): 8:09am On May 17, 2022
MT:

To you, I have said nothing, to others who can easily discern, I have just written about the sad reality of Nigeria. Everyone will soon move on from this case, including you and act like nothing ever happened. If the Govt is serious, that's what they need to do.

You are still saying nothing. Nobody asked you what the sad reality of Nigeria is. The conversation was what is the solution. We know government is not serious so you saying government is the solution and then turning around to say government is not serious, means you are saying there is no solution.

That is, we as a people should sit and fold our hands indefinitely. With this line of reasoning you should be booted off this forum.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by Zulu2022: 8:10am On May 17, 2022
factwriter:

It was a good thing you respected him as he suplicated but that still doesn't mean the entrance of a church is where a non Christian should detour to observe his prayers.

You could have waited behind to correct him (if you feel you have the diplomacy).

What am saying here is, another person from another religion does not "necessarily" have to reciprocate your "particular" kind of tolerance; as long as they are not refuting by violence.

What you don't consider as sacred in your own religion could be regarded as being sacred in another man's religion.

Different religions with different tenets and prohibitions. What matters is that any action or act of inaction we take (while trying to guide our faith and beliefs) should be within the rule of Law.
preach peace,wen e happen u,tell ur pastor to preach peace,if christain don't rise up against it,it means more will come nd dis idiot will take u ppl as not been one,u can imagine there oneness till extend of recruiting lawyers,but look at u,creating division,can not even defend ur sister on online,talk more of live protest.. selfish human
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by MT: 8:16am On May 17, 2022
desiredhome:

Imagine the gruesome murder of a husband and wife that was video in the east, that didn't create much criticism from that region, but if it was done by the other tribe..........

It's good that our religious leaders preach peace and love instead of inciting comments that will make their ignorant/gullible followers begin to fight and kill each other......

Quite an intelligent post, I would have been a Muslim, If I had been born into a Muslim family in Nigeria, I would have been been an ifa worshipper, if I was born into an ifa worshipping family.

Humans have killed themselves a lot over religion, which is forced on the blacks by the white and Arabs. It's time we start to ask hard questions about life.

We have forgotten that COVID came, and no pastor or Imam could pray to God to stop the plague. Doors to mosques and churches were shut for months. Why do we kill ourselves over religions we are not even totally certain of the reality of what is written in the books

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by Nobody: 8:17am On May 17, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
Cancelling the crusade is not enough. The likes of Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo etc should all speak up about the separation of Nigeria. This is getting out of hand, Nigeria should be divided with immediate effect and let everyone go their separate ways!. It is absolutely impossible joining people of different backgrounds, cultures, traditions and religions together as one. The Muslims deserve to live in the jungle with wild animals.

Hmmm!

Everything in Nigeria is rubbish.

I have been writing about it. Not until everything in Nigeria collapses will things start getting better. The north aligns with the south solely for the benefits of mineral resources. When the natural resources are gone, and nothing to fall back on, the north will willingly japa without forcing it.

If Nigeria will get better, everything must collapse so that bad people will pace way for good people. When there is nothing to steal anymore, and public and political offices will be humanitarian positions that the occupiers start hustling how to raise money among themselves, Nigeria will not get better. Not until all the people who have gotten US, UK, European etc passports have left for good that Nigeria is cursed will Nigeria get better.

I strongly believe the ibos will be one of the first to start building a better nation when everything collapses because I know how hardworking they are. Frustration is what has pushed the ibos so far to petty ways of doing things.

The north will also willingly separates itself from the south when there is nothing to gain from the south anymore.

Listen to me carefully, Nigeria is going to be great again, but if everything doesn't collapse first, there wont be any meaning changes.

Therefore, we should not get our hope too high. I would have said we should pray for the collapse of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to come speedy, but it will with bloodshed which I do not want. Rather, I prefer nature takes its course. It may take long. Nigeria may still exist for another century and we that are alive at this time may not see it happen.

Know this truth so that you can position yourself well during this period.

Blessings!
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by MT: 8:19am On May 17, 2022
SmartyPants:

You are still saying nothing. Nobody asked you what the sad reality of Nigeria is. The conversation was what is the solution. We know government is not serious so you saying government is the solution and then turning around to say government is not serious, means you are saying there is no solution.

That is, we as a people should sit and fold our hands indefinitely. With this line of reasoning you should be booted off this forum.

I apologise for over exaggerating your brain cells. I should not have joined issues with you at all. You can go out there and start killing all Muslims. Your choice. This represents my last post to you, and please greet your dad for me.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by SmartyPants(m): 8:20am On May 17, 2022
MT:

I apologise for over exaggerating your brain cells. I should not have joined issues with you at all. You can go out there and start killing all Muslims. Your choice. This represents my last post to you, and please greet your dad for me.

Oh so the only alternative is killing muslims?

That phone you are holding is smarter than you.

Clown.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by na2016: 8:24am On May 17, 2022
Jennyclay:
Don't mind him.

Bishop Oyedepo has always warn us about these northerners, Infact Oyedepo has always speak up about the separation of Nigeria, but people like him would rather call him names... Now he's here mentioning Bishop Oyedepo.

He should be more worried about our hypocrites yeyebrites that are always quick to #tag Blacklivesmatters, instead of dragging pastors into this.

Bishop Oyedepo has been the only consistent voice against this jihadist PMB
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by noskcid(m): 8:26am On May 17, 2022
New generation Pharisees and Sadducees
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by A67BB: 8:28am On May 17, 2022
Hold it let god come and protect u na
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by Cleanworld(f): 8:34am On May 17, 2022
YoungLionken:
Was it actually because of the gruesome murder of Deborah or due to fear undecided??.
FEAR OF COURSE. Remember Sister mary abi wetin them they call the early morning preacher that was killed too. NOBODY SAY PIINN. cry cry cry
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by BloomingDale(f): 8:35am On May 17, 2022
desiredhome:

I understand what you are saying but I still don’t want to live with the core North. I prefer we South separate from the North. We have nothing in common.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by Skodiswayze(m): 8:35am On May 17, 2022
verybadmouth:
Only God can unite this country. Nigeria have failed. Our leaders have failed. Democracy has failed us. Bring back the Generals.

Generals? NA, NN, NAF are all controlled by this same Northerners, bringing back the Generals na just Suffering PRO MAX, did you read the news about soldiers threatening to strike? Split the goddamnn shithole. Yugoslavia didn’t bring their Generals back, Korea didn’t bring their generals back, they splited based on their common values. Peace ✌️
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by jesmond3945: 8:39am On May 17, 2022
MT:

You are wrong. Even if Nigeria disintegrates, you still have fanatics in all religions embedded in the various splinter nations. Cut the head of the snake and you would have killed it permanently. The religious leaders are the one spreading hates, and negatively influencing their followers.

This is the spot these religious fanatics want you. To hate. Lets tolerate each other, respect each other's religions and see humanity in people first. Some of my best friends are Muslims and I still respectfully ask them to explain certain part of their religion which I don't understand. I learn and we move on. A Christian or a Muslim saying they will never associate with individual of different religions is showing a disguised fanaticsm. God creates all of us and we are all functions of the religion we grow up with.
we can relate with Muslims. I have no problem in that wholeheartedly. However, politically we cannot move forward. They place religion above innovation, science and sanctity of the human existence. The best is to have arrested her and tried her according to the dictates of the law. Look at India and Pakistan. If india as still with Pakistan, do you think India would have progressed beyond what it has become today.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by anonymuz(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2022
TOMMYS:

So, for a Christian in kaduna south who's family members were killed and has strangers occupying his family house and vast ancestral land.
Such person should just remember Jesus and forgive and forget.

Bugacious Efulefu.
It

Make we find solution you dey talk forgive and forget.
bro I dey vex pass you. We don't have tools and moreover how do we coordinate ourselves against this people.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade by zahrach: 8:45am On May 17, 2022
Before I use to pity this people against wat bokoharam do to them but now I have come to realize that both them and the bokoharam are same
The way they reason and act differ
South has Muslim but they don't behave they wat north behave

Am from a family of both Christian Muslim and traditional worship
And everyone worship Freely with no querel
But in North who burn u try that
Is either they kill u or they disown u

They need proper orientation
The worse is that a northern Muslim don't even believe someone from South is a real Muslim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Baby At Dunamis International Gospel Church In Abuja / An Owl "Killed" By Bishop Sam Zuga's World Wonders Water / Apostle Johnson Suleman And Wife Celebrate 15th Wedding Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.