Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,576 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (11064 Views)

Lagos Flood And What It Caused (photos) / Top 10 'dodgy' Contracts Awarded Under Brf In Lagos State / Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Sike(m): 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2011
Politics! Party!! Power!!! SMH. . Na dem sabi. . IDC.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Toks2008(m): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2011
I don't blame PDP.

But for the fact that we voted for personality and not party in the presidential election,i wonder if they will still have the audacity to spit out rubbish.

8yrs in power and no steady power supply.

If Jonathan fails to make substantial impact in power generation in this present dispensation then PDP can be considered as an extint party.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by redsun(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2011
Agbero oppositions aka pdp,trying toimagine and emulate normal political scenes where oppositions parties are watchdogs of the government in power's activities,while they are bunch of wild dog that deserves the eternal dungeon.

Having the audacity to critisize others,while they are full of evil and guilt.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by redsun(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2011
He that have no sin,let him be the first to cast the stone.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by EkoIle1: 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2011
ayubam:

Based on your above quotes, How was Lagos 12 years ago? I want you to picture the following areas, Bar Beach, CMS, Outer Marina, Oshodi, Ojota, Mile 2 and many others. How were they those areas 12 years ago? Can measure developmental projects in those areas? How was the state of security in Lagos 12 years ago? Many bankers dread getting transfer out of Lagos now because the rate of robbery has so much increased in other parts of the country unlike Lagos where rate of bank robbery has considerably reduced.

What about revenue generation formula? What efforts did past govts put in place to look internally to increase the IGR of the state rather than waiting for Fed allocation months in months out. How was Lasuth, General Hospital Gbagada, Ikeja parks 12 years ago?  Are they the same like 12 yrs ago? What about employment generation? Thousands have been recruited as staff in BRT, LASTMA, and several other agencies that came to being due to critical analysis of the state and ingenuity in finding solutions to MYRIADS of problems facing Lagos despite an abnormal revenue allocation sharing formula from several Tax income, custom duties that Lagos contributes to Federal purse.

So, do you reckon the ruling have not done anything in the past 12 years or you reckon that 12 years are more than enough to solve ALL OF LAGOS PROBLEMS SO THAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE ATLANTA IMMEDIATELY?

When people want to be in opposition, there should be intelligent criticism and not just rambles of an average citizens. When people that should know behave like ordinary citizens, then we are far from coming out of the woods.

Critics, FOI Bill is now passed. Fashola openly challenged all that there is a website where the cost of all contracts can be verified. I have not seen any intelligent reasoning to press further if such exist. Lagos State Budget had never been scrutinized on NL to see loopholes the way El-Rufai just did for the Fed Budget. At 27, Pat Utomi was a SA to a president. At 27, Bola Ige was national secretary of Action Group and when I read there roles as opposition, they dont race useless arguments about how all of Nigeria Problems would have been solved in few years. They go into the Nitty Gritty of the matter.

They touched governance structure, Budget, Revenue Allocation, Fiscal Policy etc. Nigerian youths should wake up and be serious and those who are away who are not really concerned should just do keep quite and contribute to their envt, after all, a Nigerian is now an MP in London and Obama is also a president. Contibute to your envt and when we recognise your work, we will come and recruit you for your expertise. Until then, you are not really getting it.

No doubt you know Nigeria has big problem (like everyone knows) but you really do not know how to come out of it. I have taken time to explain this cos you have appearance of national developmental intelligence but you deny the power thereof.

Very well articulated.

Unfortunately, the person you quoted ain't worth your time and effort.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by mrofficial(m): 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2011
ACN governor that is not performing is better than PDP governor that is performing.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by redsun(m): 11:09pm On Jul 15, 2011
ACN party are relatively progressive apart from obvious animals like tinubu.While on the other hand,pdp is just pure agberos party,bunch of ruthless and unrepentant criminals
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by benlay(m): 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2011
People Deceiving People! what a 'Joke of the Year', somebody needs to remind Silverbird of this category.
somebody wants to be heard anyway.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Jenifa1: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2011
JOKE OF THE YEAR indeed.

Government doesn't have any obligation to compensate people for natural disasters. That is why you buy insurance for your private property.
the govt will only repair roads and public property. volunteer organizations can help private people out.

PDP should go hug a transformer. I can't believe they're even running their loose mouths. Maybe the flood water carried their loot away.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by AFOOooo(m): 12:00am On Jul 16, 2011
, and I ask; who among us thought drainage b4 nw dat everybody including d shameless pdp worms &the unreasonable nairalanders who couldn't av mended their toilet leaking tap is enviromental &risk expert?
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by redsun(m): 12:04am On Jul 16, 2011
Nest you carelessly discard that empty sachet of water on the street,think of the flood and the harm you are doing to yourself.It is the duty of everybody to keep communities safe.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by jaygiant(m): 12:55am On Jul 16, 2011
it is rather shameful that PDP is yet to detest from such unsavory practices like this; a regrettable and doleful incidence has occurred in which the people have suffered, rather than concentrate on the plight of the people, they are using it as a political gambit. What a shameless to do, from a party that supposedly cares about the affairs of the people.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by coolgb(m): 8:12am On Jul 16, 2011
I will be in lagos next weekend, i seriously hope one can get canoe from Oshodi to Ajah. Smh
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Yankee01: 8:36am On Jul 16, 2011
@ P
What a nonsense talk!
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by AroOkigbo(m): 9:35am On Jul 16, 2011
PDP of all the other parties  cry

INTERESTING grin
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Sholaf(f): 9:50am On Jul 16, 2011
[
andyanders:

I think PDP members in Lagos demanding that Fashola resign because of natural disaster, should examine themselves as I think they are sick and need a psychiatrist. How can you demand that a governor resign because of natural disaster not caused by him but nature and Lagosians. It has been preached that people should not throw out garbage into gutters in front of their houses or elsewhere and even along the roads. People buy nylon bagged water and empty the waste/empty/litter nylons anywhere their hands could go. When arrested, they start blaming people in charge. We Nigerians have attitudinal behaviors of which are  been exhibited by animals. People we see street lights and pull down the pools down to steal the gargets.

Let PDP go and use their useless and undeveloped brain to think how to kill themselves for power. Leave Fashola alone.

Well said.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by chino11(m): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2011
With all the alocation in Lagos, I think fashola performed below expectation. Fashola is a failure. Lagos is not liveable.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Saipro(m): 10:42am On Jul 16, 2011
Sorry for coming onto this thread late. In my opinion, PDP has just shot itself in the foot. I mean, year after year, flooding persists in the PDP governed Northern states yet the end isn't in sight to the problem. Why don't they step down on account of ineptitude?

By the way, dumping the entire country in the ocean would barely affect sea levels. Back to the boardroom boys! Scheme up plausible political innuendo. Rather than look stupid on air (which PDP is apparently good at). Word!
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by opeyemiaby: 10:59am On Jul 16, 2011
i dont know why some people are so cruel and wicked talking like this,so painfull what a shame ACN Fashola should resign is only him that it capable to do it so all people supporting is resignation should go back to school and have some quality education so that they would know when somebody is good or not
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by lucabrasi(m): 11:12am On Jul 16, 2011
stupid people,talk about misplaced priorities very soon they will be comparing the drainage system with that of the united kingdom not realising that those drainages have been planned and built many hundreds of yrs ago.
the country is in a melt down terrorism,economy,education e.t.c and they are issuing statement over a single governor.
like emperor nero,fiddling while the whole town is burning down.
having said that i think fashola should deploy the same level of determination and resolute will in dealing with our people on the dumping of refuse and building on drainage channels,people take liberties because they feel like no one can stop them and often the omo oniles will sell any land irrespective of where it is located,he should have a lastma kinda body to check and possibly arrest or fine people who contravene these environmental laws to re instate and build proper drainage channels in a place like lagos will cost hundreds of billions and cannot be completed anytime soon so he will just have to make the best of the situation
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by pek(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2011
Hope nobody is taking them serious? If fashola should resign cause of natural disaster then PDP and clueless jonathan will not be anywhere near aso rock! Twelve years of PDP and nigeria is a failed nation. If fashola should resign, do they think the governorship is for them?
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by phreakabit(m): 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2011
Quote taken from the first page

Athough Fashola's motto that Lagos is working has been put to test by the recent flood- natural disaster,in my opinion,if pdp says lagos aint working on the account of the flood, fashola's "failure"is 1000,000 times better than pdp's success (if any) nationwide.

Has pdp leaders at the federal level resigned over jos crisis?
have they resigned over the persistent scarcity and high cost of kerosene etc?
have they resigned of the deplorable state of federal roads?
have they resigned over the no solution electricity crisis?
have they resigned over the killings by boko haram?
have they resigned over the poor state of the economy?
have they resigned over the unbelievable rate of corruption by top govt officials?

I wouldn't can't say anything else.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by mikeslim(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2011
PDP "people deceiving people", for 12 years what impact has the federal government had on lagos? BRF should resign and their grand mother should be made governor?
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by oladayo042: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2011
Question number 15 is for N10m. You have used all the three lifelines. If you get it wrong, you will still go away with N250,000. Below is the question.

Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by alby: 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2011
I think we are going too far. Has PDP Called for the resignation of the IG over the Force HQ Bombings? What of Adoke that said during the screening that the Federal Govt does not have the financial muscle to prosecute Halliburtin and Siemens cases among others,(invariably na small man matter dem get money to send am to jail, lol), the list goes on n on again, abi na Benin-Ore road wey don dey there for years since our darling PDP took over the reigns of power.

The truth is that all these politicians, almost 100% of them are Selfish, Greedy and Wicked such that the interest of the common man is not just there. Though as some1 has said, as corrupt as the ACN guys are, they are saints when compared to PDP, this is to tell us the level of corruption dats in this country.

What we need is GOOD GOVERNANCE.

If GEJ can even put all his PDP allies in position and get their policy documents to them and give them targets n the resources to execute them, I bet you we wont mind who is in Power since the dividends are being delivered to us.

Please lets all check around us how many new public schools (Primary, Secondary, etc) that these guys have put in place.

We need to mobilize ourselves and demand for Good Governance

I don cry tire, the time is now.

Shalom
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by kildran: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2011
chino11:

With all the alocation in Lagos, I think fashola performed below expectation. Fashola is a failure. Lagos is not liveable.

U r an i.diot, wit all the wealth in 9ja Gej is a fool, with all the allocation goin 2 south south states dey are all doin poorly. Anambra's Apga (Dats a great mistake). Fashola is d man!!!! Eko o ni baje oooooo
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by ayubam: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ what has anything you have said to do with addressing the questions asked by me?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Those are direct/straight forward questions there.

Laughs. In your usual characteristics way, when u are confronted with facts, you shy away from swallowing your usual pride. Intelligent people like you should know the questions asked by you have been answered already, but if you cannot figure it out, Lagos has changed and Fashola cannot solve all of Lagos issues at once. It is called priority. Challenge the Lagos Budget and criticized areas money have been voted into that are misplaced priorities. Those are valid arguments not arguments that govt must do this, do dat, do do do, like a pepper seller who does not know a govt cannot solve all of a city problem suddenly. Lagos structure was not destroy in one day so it wont be built in one day.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2011
ayubam:

Laughs. In your usual characteristics way, when u are confronted with facts, you shy away from swallowing your usual pride.  Intelligent people like you should know the questions asked by you have been answered already, but if you cannot figure it out, Lagos has changed and Fashola cannot solve all of Lagos issues at once. It is called priority. Challenge the Lagos Budget and criticized areas money have been voted into that are misplaced priorities. Those are valid arguments not arguments that govt must do this, do dat, do do do,  like a pepper seller who does not know a govt cannot solve all of a city problem suddenly. Lagos structure was not destroy in one day so it wont be built in one day.

So asking you to help me find the connection between the questions I asked, and the note you wrote, is WRONG? Of course I will not touch the gobble-de-gook you typed up there simply because IT HAS NO CONNECTION TO WHAT WAS ASKED . . . get it. . . This is why I keep saying English Comprehension needs to be taught seriously in classes. Anyone who can read, and comprehend ENGLISH will clearly note that I asked you what exactly that note of yours has to do with answering the QUESTIONS asked. It is really that simple. I mean the questions were direct and on point . . .  how you still could not answer them  directly but found a way to ramble around them, beats me.

I mean you do not go to an exam hall and when asked of how you got to school that morning, will answer by telling a story of how the dog in your yard pees all over your backyard, expecting that to be the correct answer to the question asked, do you?

Here again is the question asked . . .

ajigglin:
  you cannot fix something like this overnight.  also, lagosians need to do their part.  stop blocking the water from draining with garbage.
. . .  . then KoboJunkie asked

You mean 4 years is still Overnight by your standards?? A total of 12 years claimed to have gone to rigorous planning and implementation is still to be considered not enough time to have achieved measurable improvement, even in this, by your standard?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Take time to READ and PROCESS what was asked, before you rush off posting another long note that has no bearing on what was even asked. . . . OK? Just because you have a low-thinker hail your writing DOES NOT MEAN you did it right . . . NO!!! Please RE-READ and ANSWER the actual question asked. Thank you!!!

Imagine this  . . . . I ask of to lo n tala, this one offers me ta la n tolo and things he should be rewarded for it. ROFL  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by uridiwan(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2011
Mr. Taofik Gani or what ever your name is.i am not benefiting anything from either party,but sorry to say sir,you are not making sense at all i wonder how you advice your home.you should have ask God to resign instead of telling the governor to resign, its painful some of you politicians are not worth to be there.Was there any resignation when disaster happen in united state of America,was there any resignation when disaster happen in japan,was there any resignation when disaster happened in Indonesia many more countries like that,instead of trying to work together as one Nigeria to get a solution to the problem you are there criticizing the acting Governor meanwhile the rain was from ALMIGHTY GOD that shows that too much of sins and corruptions is going on in your office.I would have advice goodluck Jonathan to resign as well because he is not man enough to handle the book ha rams and so called his Niger delta fools.

ma n
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2011
uridiwan:

Mr. Taofik Gani or what ever your name is.i am not benefiting anything from either party,but sorry to say sir,you are not making sense at all i wonder how you advice your home.you should have ask God to resign instead of telling the governor to resign, its painful some of you politicians are not worth to be there.Was there any resignation when disaster happen in united state of America,was there any resignation when disaster happen in japan,was there any resignation when disaster happened in Indonesia many more countries like that,instead of trying to work together as one Nigeria to get a solution to the problem you are there criticizing the acting Governor meanwhile the rain was from ALMIGHTY GOD that shows that too much of sins and corruptions is going on in your office.I would have advice goodluck Jonathan to resign as well because he is not man enough to handle the book ha rams and so called his Niger delta fools.

ma n

I know know of what you are rambling about but in all the cases highlighted, YES there were RESIGNATIONS. In The US , YES. In Indonesia, YES! in Japan, absolutely. . . even the PM almost lost his job as a result of the handling(not even sure why you have chosen to compare these disasters of nature with Lagos -- beats me).
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by ayubam: 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So asking you to help me find the connection between the questions I asked, and the note you wrote, is WRONG? Of course I will not touch the gobble-de-gook you typed up there simply because IT HAS NO CONNECTION TO WHAT WAS ASKED . . . get it. . . This is why I keep saying English Comprehension needs to be taught seriously in classes. Anyone who can read, and comprehend ENGLISH will clearly note that I asked you what exactly that note of yours has to do with answering the QUESTIONS asked. It is really that simple. I mean the questions were direct and on point . . .  how you still could not answer them  directly but found a way to ramble around them, beats me.

I mean you do not go to an exam hall and when asked of how you got to school that morning, will answer by telling a story of how the dog in your yard pees all over your backyard, expecting that to be the correct answer to the question asked, do you?

Here again is the question asked . . .

. . .  . then KoboJunkie asked

Take time to READ and PROCESS what was asked, before you rush off posting another long note that has no bearing on what was even asked. . . . OK? Just because you have a low-thinker hail your writing DOES NOT MEAN you did it right . . . NO!!! Please RE-READ and ANSWER the actual question asked. Thank you!!!

Imagine this  . . . . I ask of to lo n tala, this one offers me ta la n tolo and things he should be rewarded for it. ROFL  grin grin grin grin grin

Keep asking questions but ask reasonable ones. Drainage is not the only problem facing Lagos and while doing that, other problems need attention as well. Resources are always limited and will always be. So given 4 years with limited resources and myriads of problem facing lagos, you may not achieve 100% result.

Critics are sand paper. They rub on you, polish you and make you finer. But the sand paper, destroyed and thrown in the dustbin.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2011
ayubam:

Keep asking questions but ask reasonable ones. Drainage is not the only problem facing Lagos and while doing that, other problems need attention as well. Resources are always limited and will always be. So given 4 years with limited resources and myriads of problem facing lagos, you may not achieve 100% result.

Critics are sand paper. They rub on you, polish you and make you finer. But the sand paper, destroyed and thrown in the dustbin.

OH! Now your excuse is that the question asked . . . question which you, by the way, took your darn time to post a disconnected response to. . . . was not a reasonable one?

That you believe drainage is NOT the only problem facing Lagos is no matter to this in any way.

The reason we have GOVERNMENT(and this is for Nigeria too) is so we can have one body to tackle the various priorities that affect our community simultaneously. Government is not there to deal with ONE PROBLEM at a time . . . that is what people do . .  not Government. I am not sure if you are conversant with US politics . . . But if you have time, I suggest you spend sometime studying how things ought to work. The same government to deal with economic problems is the same Government to ensure security, both inside and outside of the state/country, deal with issues of wars and tackle issues between communities, deal with immigration issues, emergency responses, ensuring the rights of the citizens are respected etc. It is not one or the other. This are all concurrently handled by Government . . . not one at a time.

You telling me that there are other issues is clear indication you have no clue how government ought to work and I suggest that instead of trying to answer questions you are yourself uneducated on, you spend more time getting better acquainted with how government really should work. Imagine how silly you would be perceived if you excused, say Obama's handling of the US economy by stating that the man is tackling two wars(afghanistan and Iraq) and so should not be expected to handle the US economy at the same time. You would probably get looked down on by those around you for uttering such nonsense.

Now, again to the resource issue. I have already addressed these "out of nowhere" claims by people who are themselves unfamiliar with the states treasury standing, that resources are the problem. The other poster urging you on, has been trying to tell us all that Lagos has resources to spend on drainage has been doing so -- he event presented a link to the state's site with documents over two years old to support his claims --- yet here you are trying to submit that he is lying. I suggest you two make up your minds on that one before you continue to shoot each other's claims down.

Lagos, only recently, received at least a billion from the Federal Government in response to the flood emergency requests from last year. There are no indications that that money has been used up, and so again, I suggest you make sure you at least visit facts before you come back with the info you feel to spread.

If you cannot handle simple questions asked by those you call critics, then I suggest you stop responding so they do not rub you so hard as it seems you are not even sure where you want to land on this issue considering the many disconnected logic you have tried to shove up me as response to the question asked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami / Paul Carsten Slams Page Claiming Atiku Will Give Parts Of Borno To Boko Haram / 2023: Run For President, Arewa Youth Forum Tell Kogi Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.