Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,860 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market (532 Views)

Sasa Clashes: Hausa Settlers Leaving Oyo State (Video) / Governor Makinde Commissions 100 Security Vehicles To Improve Security In Oyo / Buhari With Wike As President Commissions New Airport Terminal In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by happney65: 6:02am On May 18, 2022
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has declared that religion, ethnicity, and other differences should never be allowed to divide residents of the state.

The governor stated this at the Sasa Market, where he commissioned an ultramodern facility with 200 lock-up shops, 84 units of open shops, 8 units of toilets for men and women, office unit, trailer, and car parks.
He charged the market men and women who will occupy the new facility, to dwell in peace, saying: “I want to admonish you to continue to work together. When the crisis started, the Hausa people were with the Seriki while the Yoruba people were with the Baale. But today, I want everyone to see this develoupment as a symbol to unite everyone.”

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, indicated that the ultramodern Sasa Market was built following two separate incidents at the old market, quoting the governor as saying that the incidents must never be allowed to recur.
He said: “Let me start by welcoming everyone to this ultramodern Sasa market. This commissioning we are experiencing here today is a moment of rejoicing but I don’t want us to forget how we got to this point. Whoever forgets the mistakes of yesterday will repeat but I pray that we won’t repeat the mistake that brought us to this point.

“The separate incidents that occurred in November 2020 and February 2021 remain a footnote in history that should not repeat itself. We must not allow things like ethnicity, language, religion or any such matters to divide us.

“When the last incident happened, few of my colleagues came because people were concerned throughout Nigeria and you know that if the incident was not well-managed then, it would have spread throughout the whole of the country but we thank God for the management.

“So, I want to appeal to us that this new structure become a symbol of unity and oneness. Each time we come to the market to buy or sell something, let it be a reminder that we are one.

“You see, hunger does not know religion. During the crisis then, the needless losses cut across everybody. So, I want to believe we will never repeat the unfortunate history.
“In this facility, there are 200 lock-up shops, 84 units of open shops, 8 units of toilets for men and women, office units, trailer and car parks. I want to encourage the market users to continue to dwell in peace. The commercial activities, which take place here, and in other parts of our state, are vital to the growth of our economy.”

Governor Makinde, who used the occasion to reiterate the commitment of his administration to building infrastructure that targets the economy of the state, urged residents of the state to be watchful in the coming elections and to ensure that they reject politicians who lack simple knowledge of the state’s situation.

https://oyoinsight.com/200-lock-up-84-open-shops-8-toilets-makinde-commissions-new-sasa-market/

Re: 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by fayetegany: 6:03am On May 18, 2022
Urchins will say its socialmedia noise because he's not building airport and commissioning uncompleted bus terminal. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by Mooh247: 6:09am On May 18, 2022
cool

When is a Governor now reduced to building shopping complex or market which is clearly the constituitional responsibility of LGA

This Yeye Man should help us fix all Ibadan bridges he broke down because of his hate for late Ajimobi as rain is coming and hold up is killing us and let him reduce the killings of his Auxillary thugs

Makinde is a huge scam

1 Like

Re: 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by happney65: 6:28am On May 18, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

When is a Governor now reduced to building shopping complex or market which is clearly the constituitional responsibility of LGA

This Yeye Man should help us fix all Ibadan bridges he broke down because of his hate for late Ajimobi as rain is coming and hold up is killing us and let him reduce the killings of his Auxillary thugs

Makinde is a huge scam

Oniyeye. Why did you not say that market is the constitutional responsibility of the LG when Ajimobi built the abandoned market at scout camp?

And which bridge did he demolish because he hates Ajimobi? I don't understand. I know what is wrong with you. He dey pain you say the people you have abadoned for long are now having a feel of government. People you told to go to hell now are happy that construction is ongoing at their place.

Like Adelabu said days back,The people of Oke Ogun with 10 Local Governments,just one lesser than Ibadan do not deserve infrastructure. Ipade di ojo Ibo before you know what Oke Ogun people will do to your skulls. They will mine it at the polling booth. You wait and see

Oniyeye asinwin eniyan

1 Like

Re: 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by Mooh247: 6:29am On May 18, 2022
happney65:

Oniyeye. Why did you not say that market is the constitutional responsibility of the LG when Ajimobi built the abandoned market at scout camp.

Oniyeye asinwin eniyan

Is that how you talk to your parents early in the morning

Don't loose your manners over whatever Makinde pays you, it's not worth it

You are even doing an horrible Job attacking anybody and creating enemies for his re Election

Re: 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by triple996(m): 8:11am On May 18, 2022
Nice
Unlike some people wink

1 Like

Re: 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:20am On May 18, 2022
fayetegany:
Urchins will say its socialmedia noise because he's not building airport and commissioning uncompleted bus terminal. cheesy
they want him to be as active and useful as Oyetola and Abiodun or even emulate Aregbesola grin
Re: 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:21am On May 18, 2022
Mooh247:

[s]Is that how you talk to your parents early in the morning

Don't loose your manners over whatever Makinde pays you, it's not worth it

You are even doing an horrible Job attacking anybody and creating enemies for his re Election[/s]

Re: 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by OBALOLA55(m): 8:23am On May 18, 2022
triple996:
Nice
Unlike some people wink
WHY DID YOU CONTRADICT ABDUL-MOOH247 undecided
Re: 200 Lock-up, 84 Open Shops, 8 Toilets… — Makinde Commissions New Sasa Market by realstars: 6:51am On May 19, 2022
Is he commissioning the toilet too?

(1) (Reply)

2023: Tinubu’s Associate Reveals His Plan B / APC Fielding A Northerner, A Blessing For Peter Obi (pix) / [BREAKING]: Adamu Announces Ahmed Lawan As Apc's Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.