Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,822 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa (795 Views)

Man Beats Up Lady In Bayelsa For Refusing To Have Sex After Collecting 5000 / Man Allegedly Kills Wife And Himself Over Marital Issues / German Man Kills Wife Through 48-Hour Marathon Sex During Honeymoon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by kaydee007(m): 6:26am On May 18, 2022
A middle-aged man, Mr Patrick Markson, has allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife over what eyewitnesses described as domestic matters in their Yenagoa residence in Bayelsa State on Thursday morning.

It was gathered that Mr Markson allegedly struck his wife on the head with a sledgehammer while she was in a deep sleep.

A facebook user, King James undiluted, who shared the story said, the man After killing his wife waited for her to bleed to death and afterwards drank what is suspected to be a poisonous substance.

Eyewitnesses further explained that he slept on the same bed, close to where he killed his wife at their residence, along Odede Street, Off Tombia Amassoma road in Yenagoa metropolis.

According to sources, the 35 years old victim, identified as Mrs Hannah Markson, is from the Okotiama community in the Gbarain clan in the same Yenagoa.

A family source, Mr Victor Kubor said: “I was surprised when I heard the news about their death. I know they were having issues, two weeks ago he complained to me about some marital issues, and I told him that we will see and discuss but we never did.”

“This morning a friend called me that both husband and wife were dead; that the husband (Patrick) beat the wife to death and drank snipper after his action. I am so shocked at the news, who did they leave the six children to? What a world!”

According to the elder sister of the wife, Mrs Boufuru Timipre, her sister was a gentle lady that had no time for problems.

She said: “Yesterday we were frying garri and the husband called me that he wanted to speak with my sister if we were together, I told him that when I get to where she was I will pass the message. On reaching her I told her and immediately we tried reaching him but we couldn’t, later he called again but I have left where she was so he told me to tell her to bring garri for home use.

“This morning, the son called me that the mum was seen dead and he wants me to come, as I was going to the house I called him and he told me the dad too was dead. So when I got to their house I went straight to the room, and I saw them both lying on the bed dead, but I noticed a can of snipper by the bed and a big hammer.”

She added that they had matrimonial issues but she has often spoken and settled both of them as husband and wife.

She added that “the genesis of their problems was when my husband died and I had a contract which I engaged him to benefit, after the contract he got N800,000 for himself and never gave anything to the wife, she was bittered and reported the issue to me, I approached him and told him what he did was bad to had treated her like that, because I involved him due to the facts that he married my sister but I didn’t suspect it will result to this, look at now they are both gone.”

When contacted for confirmation, the Bayelsa State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Asinim Butswat, said “operatives of the Bayelsa State Police Command, have evacuated two corpses of a husband and wife at Odede Street, off Tombia- Amassoma road, Yenagoa.

“Preliminary investigation reveals that one Patrick Markson ‘m’ 46 years, a native of Onopa, Yenagoa, attacked and killed his wife, Hannah Markson ‘f’ with a hammer. Thereafter drank a poisonous substance suspected to be sniper which led to his death.

“Photograph of the scene were taken, the hammer and bottle of the sniper were recovered as exhibits. Investigation is ongoing.”

Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by jnig: 6:28am On May 18, 2022
Rest in hell
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by Nwodosis(m): 6:29am On May 18, 2022
The earlier we rebuke the statement that marriage is to be enjoyed and not to be endured, the better.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by Lalami3232(m): 6:30am On May 18, 2022
If you come to nairaland eeh, you go always get reasons not to marry, fall in love, have a wife/GF, wanting to get a female child etc. If I dey over excited and I wan decrease my joy by 80%, I go just come this forum, then my joy go decrease automatically. This forum and negative news na 5&6. Sometimes eeh, I dey feel for the ladies because na dem dey suffer most for things like this. Do you know why? Neither do I grin!!!! When we dey see things like this everyday, how men go take get ginger to marry? When the world dey potray marriage as a toxic institution, how we go get zeal to marry? When the internet dey paint marriage as a war/death zone, how una want say make we dey motivated to tie the knot? Those wey dey get blissful marriages dey hide am from social media, but those wey get toxic marriages go come out to make us feel discouraged. Eye yam tayad jare!!! From the look of things, na adoption be the best bet oooo. How I go dey happier as a bachelor pass when I'm married? God forbid!!! God abeg, help the few of us wey still get mind to marry. No allow us to dey carried away with beauty, breast, yansh and shape. No let us marry another person wife/husband all because of wrong choices. Lead us aright to make the best choice and make our marriages a reference point to others, in Jesus name.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "whoever fit see a good woman to marry for this con3 wey toxicity full, then you're a blessed man oooo"

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by zionmade(m): 6:33am On May 18, 2022
I still advice people not to rush into marriage. Don't marry a man that can kill you, that's a deaths sentence on its own. Am happy we all have the choice to choose our Iife partner. Everybody want to do what every other person is doing forgetting how critical the decision of a life partner is

Do your due diligence
Its better to stay single and stay alive

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by xxfrancis3(m): 6:38am On May 18, 2022
Crazy things are happening
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by Kingpin1000: 6:43am On May 18, 2022
Do not get married because of what people will say.
Do not get married because of family pressure.
Do not get married because of sex.
Do not get married because she Is beautiful.
Do not get married because she got pregnant for you.
It is very difficult to make a kid do what you want him/her to do, talk more of trying to control a full grown adult.
Your wife will cheat if she is a cheater, likewise your husband.
Your wife will disrespect you, your family and friends if she is that kind of person, likewise your husband.
Marriage is a life time affair so if you see any red flag in the relationship pull out.
People dont change, they only try to suppress bad character for a while before it comes out.
Do not get married if you are enjoying your bachelor's life like me.
I no like quarrel, I no like to come back from work to come see one woman frowning face after I had a very hectic day at work.
I no want any unnecessary mood swing from anybody.
I no want any yeye tranfer of aggression from any woman.
I live my life in peace.
Knack kpekus of different type and size.
I have my peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by Dunkers: 6:50am On May 18, 2022
Money
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by Jennyclay(f): 6:52am On May 18, 2022
May we not marry who will kill us.

This is why I would rather remain single than end up with a dimwit of a man. Majority of Nigerian men are sick mentally who won't blink twice before killing you. Bunch of evil men!!!

There was a thread someone said she won't get married because of her mental health,.. And I was in total support of that because your Peace of mind matters alot.

Marriage is not for everyone. Take it OR leave it.
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by Zonefree(m): 6:54am On May 18, 2022
According to the elder sister of the wife, Mrs Boufuru Timipre, her sister was a gentle lady that had no time for problems

Story!

Dear men, always remember, no woman in this world is worth your peace of mind. When the going becomes tough and you can't handle her, always remember to send her back to her father's house. Out of all your family members, it's only your wife that is not your relative. Be wise, don't go and kill or die for a woman who wasn't in God's plan during creation.
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by Candidlady: 6:56am On May 18, 2022
sad

Waiting on uncle rukus above to say something

Modified: uncle rukus will always shift goal post

Uncle rukus got cataracts no wonder he didn't see this in the post

“the genesis of their problems was when my husband died and I had a contract which I engaged him to benefit, after the contract he got N800,000 for himself and never gave anything to the wife,

Men very selfish and wicked beings. God greatest mistake was creating men. Ibelieve He still regrets till date

male 46
Female 35
And they already got 6 kids
Ionly pray they are all males let em suffer for their dad's atrocity
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by donbenie(m): 6:57am On May 18, 2022
Them say wahala be like wwtin again?
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by Shedrack777: 6:59am On May 18, 2022
e pain me say the man die. him no suppose die
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by donbenie(m): 7:00am On May 18, 2022
zionmade:
I still advice people not to rush into marriage. Don't marry a man that can kill you, that's a deaths sentence on its own. Am happy we all have the choice to choose our Iife partner. Everybody want to do what every other person is doing forgetting how critical the decision of a life partner is

Do your due diligence
Its better to stay single and stay alive
So men are free to marry women that can kill them?
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by Zonefree(m): 7:02am On May 18, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Waiting on uncle rukus above to say something
Uncle rukus don drop am as e dey hot.
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by NOC1(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2022
Barbaric, if you are tired of marriage walkout than all this stupid acts.

Who is going to take the community they gave birth to? 6 children are now without bearing, psychic destroyed, hate and wickedness have now taken hold of them.
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by PerfectStranger(m): 7:19am On May 18, 2022
When i told y'all marriage wasn't meant for everyone... know this and know peace.
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by zionmade(m): 8:06am On May 18, 2022
donbenie:
So men are free to marry women that can kill them?
Man refers to both gender in a lot of cases.
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by GOFRONT(m): 8:21am On May 18, 2022
So so many soured marriages everywhere
Re: Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide Over Marital Row In Bayelsa by pretydiva(f): 8:59am On May 18, 2022
Too many couple are enduring their marriages instead of enjoying it. Pls let's say no to domestic violence

(1) (Reply)

Please You Guys Should Help Me Before I Loose My Reputation And Career / My Boyfriend Left Me After I Slapped A Guy That Came To Toast Me In A Restaurant / Is He Overreacting Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.