Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? (2081 Views)

Are There Really Men Scared Of Talking To Women? / Is There Really Love Without Money / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by nikinash(f): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2006
is there anything you would be unable to forgive in a relationship or are you of the school of thought that love covers a multitude of sin? what one thing would your love do to you that you would never be unwilling or unable to forgive either in a marriage or other relationship?
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:27pm On Feb 21, 2006
if a guy betrays ma love 4 him
dat would be his end
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by glodave(f): 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2006
If i catch my Guy on top of a lady.hmm is over!! grin
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by smartsoft(m): 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2006
Sure if i do catch my chick on top another guy, i go disown am straight
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by hannah8(f): 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2006
i would forgive anything. if my partner was to sleep with another woman--- i would have to see what is wrong in our relationship that he feels he had to even think about doing that in the first place, and if he slipped up and is truely sorry, then God will forgive him, so must i also.

i think a lot of people will say that if he knows this he will take advantage of it, well no, not for me and my relationship because we are both in God, and both desiring to be the best we can be in our relationship with each other and, more importantly, with God.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by nikinash(f): 8:08am On Feb 22, 2006
uhmm interetsing posts. however i am personally of the opinion, (it can only be my opinion anyway) that there is nothing unforgiveable as far as relationships are concerned, except incest. if you catch your guy or babe on someone else, you may be hurt and angry but personally, i would forgive him. it may take awhile, but i would. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by ngozi2007(f): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2006
IF YOU REALLY LOVE THE PERSON DEFINETLY YOU GOT TO FORGIVE AND FORGET.BUT IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE FAKING THE LOVE THEN YOU CANNOT FORGIV.IF MY BOYFRIEND HAD TO DO SOMETHING WRONG TO ME AND HE COMES TO SAY SORRY THEN WHATS MY REASON NOT TO FORGIVE HIM.GOD FORGAVE YOUR SINS SO WHO ARE YOU NOT TO FORGET SOMEONE YOU LOVE.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by faa(f): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2006
If the guy keeps cheating on me. I'll let him go without any consideration.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by ngozi2007(f): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2006
shocked SISTER GET REAL COZ YOU MUST FAKE LOVE.IF ONLY YOUR BOYFRIEND KNOWS THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT HIM I WONDER WHAT HE WILL SAY.BUT LET ME ADVISE YOU LOVE IS NO SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN PLAY ON.KEEP THAT IN MIND.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by alpacaem(f): 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2006
I would forgive justabout everything - once!
such as : him sleeping with another woman, beating me, stealing for me, etc.
for example - if he found out my husband was cheating on me - and I talked to him about it and asked him to stop, as we've sorted our problems and he still cheated on me - I'd have to seriously re-look at our relationship.
Everyone is entitled to a mistake and Everyone is entitled to a second chance - we are only human after all.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me - is a popular UK fraze.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by GNature(m): 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2006
@alpacaem

Very rightly said. I definately agree with you.

But before we go on forgiving, we must make sure that the
cause of the problem is looked into and addressed

Sometimes, a second offence can be so bad that you can't
recover from it.

For instance, men that end up crippling/disabling their wives after
beating them repeatedly.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Omolulu(m): 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2006
From a religious point of view there is nothing unforgivable.For Christians we are all created in the image of God.If God Almighty is able to forgive all sorts of sins(Sodomy,murder,rape,cannibalism to mention a few),We can also forgive our spouses for whatever offence.Betrayal,heartbreak are terrible sins but are not the worst of sins.
Jesus provided a conditional ground for divorce(on grounds of infidelity).Because of it's conditionality he provided room for us to forgive our partners whenever they go the wrong way.What's the difference between an adulterer/adulteress and the partners who does not forgive and goes on to marry another partner.Both are guilty of the same crime(one was caught during the relationship and the other took advantage of the other partner's offence to commit adultery)
Are the bulk of Nairaland users suggesting that they cant forgive and are generally adulterous?!?!?! lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by iice(f): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2006
Cant forgive if trust is broken
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Memunah(f): 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2006
cheating on me i cant tolerate that if its becoming more of an atitude than a mistake then am out of the relationship
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Douzy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 25, 2006
The only thing I can't forgive is being murdered by my very own partner.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Wumine(f): 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2006
no there is nothing. if u are madly and foolishly in love, u will forgive just anything. from experience!
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by kennyuche(m): 10:56pm On Sep 25, 2006
I wil forgiv but the affair may not continue.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by biomic(f): 2:22am On Sep 26, 2006
if u rilly ,deeply and trully love the person u will find it in ur heart to forgive------------------just cos ur man or gal cheats on u does not mean he has commited the worst abomination---------------------------the relationship may not continue butu shuld be able to forgive
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by momoney1(m): 2:25am On Sep 26, 2006
if i catch my girlfriend cheating on me i will forgive her but my wife will let her go, maybe she prefer him angry
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by segun111(m): 4:08am On Sep 26, 2006
Yes, lying and cheating, Gbam!!!!
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by kokoletz(m): 7:28am On Sep 26, 2006
Really am a soft heartd person but if she carry my harmbugger give another man chop I'll 4give her bt d memory will linger on.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Ekoja(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2006
Yeah, if my lady cheats on me!

Sure i will forgive her and we will both put 'em behind us.

But she messing around with ma Homey?

Am not sure of that.

It got to be "What goes around comes around"! undecided undecided undecided
lipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by anabell(f): 9:02am On Jun 06, 2007
there are a handful of things i cannot forgive in a relationship and even if i forgive, i will neva take him back.love can not cover every wrong i will not be a door mart in the name of love,sometimes love is just not enough
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by uchetobi(f): 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2007
Getting another girl pregnant. I dint say cheating (cuz that is inevitable and pardonable in the long run)
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by MILITIA(f): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2007
YES!!!!!!!! CAUSING THE DEATH OF ANY MY CHILDREN--by accident or design!!!! angry angry angry angry angry In fact --- he will join him or her---by the grace of the almighty!!!! Any other reason na nonsense!!!! Forgiveable for the right price!!!!! grin
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Mandora(f): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2007
In actual fact there's nothing dat love shld't b able 2 forgive. So wat it means is dat wat we actually practice is no true love. May b in d best senarious we have a very high sense of affection for d other party. But then again we misunderstand d concept of love forgiving all. Wat it actually means is dat if d person can truly b repentant, den d love dat u feel is willing d give not a second chance, but a fresh chance where, u like wipe off d slate n u dont c wat d person did, but u him/her as she currently is repentant n willing 2 start again without goin back 2 d act. There's no point in giving d person a fresh chance if he/she's not repentant or if u r not sure dat d deed wld not b repeated.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Greycells(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2009
There is nothing unforgivable, absolutely nothing.
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
Taking advantage of the weaknesses I have for him would evaporate all the love instantly!
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
Love ko hate ni....
Re: Is There Really Anything Unforgiveable In A Relationship? by Nature8(m): 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
ngozi2007:

IF YOU REALLY LOVE THE PERSON DEFINETLY YOU GOT TO FORGIVE AND FORGET.BUT IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE FAKING THE LOVE THEN YOU CANNOT FORGIV.IF MY BOYFRIEND HAD TO DO SOMETHING WRONG TO ME AND HE COMES TO SAY SORRY THEN WHATS MY REASON NOT TO FORGIVE HIM.GOD FORGAVE YOUR SINS SO WHO ARE YOU NOT TO FORGET SOMEONE YOU LOVE.

People like you are rare to find..

(1) (Reply)

Women Beware! / Can You Find The Man Of Your Dreams At 40 Something ? / Guys Wipe off Your Tears, Dont Lose Hope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.